Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I know it's a process that everyone has to go through, that doesn't make it any less painful.
He was diagnosed 3 years ago. since then numerous painful and humiliating operations, but you have to know my father. He never complains. Never. He lost his eyesight in 1980 and still went back to work and retired a vice president of Sandia National Laboratories. he then spent 10 years mentoring me in my first career. Then he bought another business and ran that for 17 years until a month ago when I was named president of the company in his place. I can never fill his shoes.
This man has been shot, stabbed, blinded, amputated arm, numerous surgeries, titanium plates, broken collar bones broken back and it's only in the last 3 weeks that I've ever heard him ask for something like a pain pill. He's Superman, quite literally the strongest man I've ever known and simultaneously the most kind, gentle, dignified and humble man. As a testament to his character, weve had to arrainge for the largest church in the city for his serbice as more yhan 1000 people are expected. I have truly been honored and blessed to have had him as my mentor, my father, and my best friend.
He worked his entire life, for men like him "retirement" is a bad word, and now within the next two days he will go to his rest. He has run his last race. His work is finished. When he next opens his eyes, he will see the Lord.

I know this post is full of typos, bad grammar caller an unfinished sentences. But it's extremely difficult to type on a smartphone with fumbling fingers and blurry eyes.

GB4

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dang sounds like my Dad who is now 78 and best friend to my beloved Mother. Not sure how I will react to their passing but I admire your pride for the man and will remember this moment.

So sorry for your pain. Your Father sounds like a great man and blessed friend.

Godspeed and gracious prayers sent your way.

Let us know if anything is needed.

David

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He came from a generation that we will not see the likes of again, anytime soon. May God bless him and keep him close, and may He comfort you and your family in your loss. Praying for all of you.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
May he be with God and He with you.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He left a Son Who Cares. That itself is a great measure of a man. You are proud of him. That's another good mark. Take comfort in that he did tremendous things for his country and his family. I wish there were more like him.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Been through it with both parents now. It's a tough deal.
You'll learn a lot in the next week or so, as old friends come forward. with stories.
Godspeed and prayers to all.

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dion - thoughts and prayers for his peaceful passage and for comfort for those of you left behind. Death does not end love; love continues.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Prayers for you and your family

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Sprint11
I know it's a process that everyone has to go through, that doesn't make it any less painful.
He was diagnosed 3 years ago. since then numerous painful and humiliating operations, but you have to know my father. He never complains. Never. He lost his eyesight in 1980 and still went back to work and retired a vice president of Sandia National Laboratories. he then spent 10 years mentoring me in my first career. Then he bought another business and ran that for 17 years until a month ago when I was named president of the company in his place. I can never fill his shoes.
This man has been shot, stabbed, blinded, amputated arm, numerous surgeries, titanium plates, broken collar bones broken back and it's only in the last 3 weeks that I've ever heard him ask for something like a pain pill. He's Superman, quite literally the strongest man I've ever known and simultaneously the most kind, gentle, dignified and humble man. As a testament to his character, weve had to arrainge for the largest church in the city for his serbice as more yhan 1000 people are expected. I have truly been honored and blessed to have had him as my mentor, my father, and my best friend.
He worked his entire life, for men like him "retirement" is a bad word, and now within the next two days he will go to his rest. He has run his last race. His work is finished. When he next opens his eyes, he will see the Lord.

I know this post is full of typos, bad grammar caller an unfinished sentences. But it's extremely difficult to type on a smartphone with fumbling fingers and blurry eyes.

you are truly blessed to have had such a man as a father...

No question, the Good Lord is receiving a good man....

Sorry for your loss, but it is a blessing to know someone has lived such a full life at their time of passing... we all should be so blessed...

Prayer for you and your family as they go thru this difficult time...

For your dad, I stand in awe of such a man.... may his journey be peaceful and painless... and bask in the love of the family that has known his adult life...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Prayers for Dad, you, and all family and friends.

- Rogue
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
You have a lot to be proud of in your Dad and he has a lot to be proud of in you.

You have my deepest condolences.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
He left a Son Who Cares. That itself is a great measure of a man. You are proud of him. That's another good mark. Take comfort in that he did tremendous things for his country and his family. I wish there were more like him.
Very well said. And ditto from WI..

You and the family have my condolences..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Very sorry to hear of your father's passing Sprint11, it'll be a tough road for awhile but day by day tiny bit by tiny bit the pain will subside. My father passed in 2005. Every now and then I'll have what I call a bad dad day but most of the time I fondly remember the hours upon hours we spent shooting, fishing, fixing, talking, and general putzing around.

It'll get better but it's a slow process.

Good luck.and God Bless.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Sounds to me like your pops was pretty awesome, and a testament to never quitting.

God Speed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What a touching tribute to a great man. Here's to the hope you can continue to carry the torch in his honor. My folks are long gone, but they taught me things like hard work, respect for my elders, and respect for others. My prayers go out to you and your family.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green

Yes. Nicely said, Ranger_Green.
And, we do need more like him, his son, and you.
God Bless you all.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I agree. God Bless.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lost my Dad back in 1991. I know what you are going through. All I can offer are my prayers, for the Lord to be with you.

Sam......

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Prayers sent for you having a great man for a father and your family.

Doc

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Prayers sent.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (10Glocks, 160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 65 invisible), 2,470 guests, and 1,401 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,204
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.