24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
What does this non-hunter need to hunt coyotes in NJ?
Shotgun?
Loaded with buckshot?
Permit?
Where can I shoot?
What do you do with the dead doggie?

BP-B2

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I'd go with BB or no.4 buck. Get a varmint call and instruction cd. Get an open field down wind of you. Try when the moon is up. Put dead coyote in back of truck. pull up by good looking jogger (female). Ask her if she heard anyone shoot yer dog.

Last edited by eyeball; 01/18/12.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Probably need a hunting license

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eyeball
I'd go with BB or no.4 buck. Get a varmint call and instruction cd. Get an open field down wind of you. Try when the moon is up. Put dead coyote in back of truck. pull up by good looking jogger (female). Ask her if she heard anyone shoot yer dog.

Hilarious!

I am a little disturbed you felt the need to specify "female" good looking jogger. whistle

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
A gun and some coyotes ought to do it.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Before hunting coyote in NJ (I once lived there), I'd check with the local game warden and possibly the local police chief. The downside it just too severe.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ironbender
A gun and some coyotes ought to do it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This

FJB & FJT
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Well, sometimes you just dont know about those NJ boys.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Works better if the field is upwind from you and the female jogger is attractive.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Bump

IC B3

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by eyeball
bump

Last edited by eyeball; 01/19/12.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Maybe take a hunter safety course before you become a statistic..

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
All but the dumbest, young coyotes circle downwind to pick up the scent of what has encroached into their territory. If brush is downwind most will circle and smell you and leave unseen. When one moves downwind to scent you, you best be able to see a good way and you best shoot before it catches your scent. You can often stop them for a shot by giving a voice bark before they get completely downwind. Good luck

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A good lawyer. Adam

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The first thing you need is a place that actually has some coyotes. A Predator call and center fire 22 or 22 Magnum if you call them in close the Shotgun with number 4 shot or even better the Dead Coyote load with T Shot in thick cover. You can try one of the Johnny Stewart E-Caller since they aren't all that expensive or you can get any rabbit in distress mouth blown call and do it the old fashion way. Call with the wind in your face , get set up without anything knowing you are in the area and stay at it and soon or later you will score. Standard grey clothes will work as good as Camo but that is your choice. Even better is to go with someone who has experience hunting in your area. Good luck let us know how you do. Most states require a small game license.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
148 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, 1911a1, 257robertsimp, 79S, 6MMWASP, 20 invisible), 1,396 guests, and 609 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,186,241
Posts18,371,420
Members73,765
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.