Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'm talking about benefits to the USA.

According to the latest polls Americans are overwhelmingly opposed to arming the Syrian rebels.

Hussein said that the US wouldn't go it alone and that any actions in Syria should be multi-national/NATO sponsored. I'm not saying I agree with this approach but once again he lied.

Now that bastid is saying "Look at me, look at me, I'm a humanitarian world leader coming to the rescue."

There's no positive aspects to getting involved in Syria and I get the feeling that this is just a distraction from all the scandals in the US. Once again Hussein is ignoring the will of the people and this could turn out to be his worst move yet.

mad mad mad

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can't think of a single one.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well this way Obama can help his Islamic buddies, Al Qaeda and the Muslim Broterhood. Two anti-america terrorist organizations that have a lot in common with him. You do know Islam is a beautiful religion of peace?

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
it will take some of "the eyes" off the scandals..... bet ya ,one of "so called our guys" tossed the chem bomb to get this ball rollin..

Last edited by atvalaska; 06/14/13.

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The benefits it really has are; keeping our eyes off of the rest of the issues here at home, making Kerry look like he's doing something, thus "O" is doing something about the problem, and keeping the idiots over there killing each other instead of coming over here.

The downside is, there are a lot more future terrorists getting real battle training that our guys will have to face later when the Syrian situation is over, and there will be even more military arms on the Black Market.

So, weighing it out, there is no real benefit for us citizens.

Ed

Last edited by APDDSN0864; 06/14/13. Reason: gramur suks

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In a war like this, no one is wearing a uniform like in a normal war...in fact they all look alike.

So how do you tell who are the rebels to arm, ask for an ID card ? confused

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
The benefit is we can help the one's who hate us the least to win.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
If there was any hope for the Syrian Christians then I might be in favor of doing something. However I seriously doubt there is anything that can be done to save the Syrian Christians so letting muslims kill muslims seems like a great idea.

Just let them do it themselves, none of our troops, weapons, or even one American dollar involved.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
If we want to see a benefit to arming Syrians, we should arm the Syrian Christians.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Scott F
If there was any hope for the Syrian Christians then I might be in favor of doing something. However I seriously doubt there is anything that can be done to save the Syrian Christians so letting muslims kill muslims seems like a great idea.

Just let them do it themselves, none of our troops, weapons, or even one American dollar involved.

Scott - while I agree with most of this....we are already giving very big $$$$ to someone in Syria.

Last edited by Hotload; 06/14/13.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I understand that. It serves no good end and is a total waste. It need to stop. Not one dollar.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Phase 1) Arm Syrian rebels.

Phase 2) Provide air cover, support, or a no-fly zone.

Phase 3) Secure the chemical weapons.

Consequences ...

1a) Start an arms race with Russia.

2a) Somebody shoots down something that pizzes somebody off.

3a) US boots on the ground.

Even if none of this happens we don't need to be meddling in a potentially volatile situation with very few, if any, good outcomes.

WTF is Hussein thinking?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by fish head

WTF is Hussein thinking?

The problem is, he's not thinking anything. His advisors are and they are apparently operating in some sort of alternate reality that we are not privy to.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wonder how much of �bama's sending goods to Syria, McCain's trip to Syria and McCain's work on the immigration bill are related.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Wag that dog.

How many anti-tank or anti-aircraft weapons given to the Syrian rebels will wind up in the hands of terrorists?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The US has no business arming anyphugginbody.

This schit needs to stop. McCain, just kill yourself.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I can't get a handle on what his motivation is. There's too many choices.

Backing up his red line rhetoric.

Just doing something instead of his SOP of doing nothing.

Look at the shiny object over here.

Maybe he thinks history will look on him favorably for stopping a cruel civil war.

Hopes for stability in the ME.

Pure political gain for his bravery.

I dunno.

One thing you can count on is the Narcissist in Chief is thinking about how this move will benefit him. It's not about how it this will benefit the American people.

Last edited by fish head; 06/14/13.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The only benefit I can think of is "Less Syrians".

I'd be fine with selling them low grade small arms that aren't of much use for terror outside of the region. But Americans should be making money doing it, and we shouldn't be giving it away. The sole purpose of selling arms would be to keep a gristmill going in Syria, to burn up Hezbollah,Al Qaeda and other competing powers, draining their blood and treasure in a never ending fight against one another.
But giving them arms like BHO will do, is idiocy, as is supporting them with any American support.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
If I'm driving down the street and I see a gangbanger beating up an old lady, I'd stop and try to do something.

If I'm driving down the street, and I see one gangbanger wailing on another gangbanger, I keep on driving.....

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The answer to your question will be the same as to why he aids Egyptian and Libyan rebels. Let's see what happens with Turkey....
This one is particularly volatile, given the Russian support to the established Syrian government and military. I think he just lost his "we'll talk after I'm re-elected" card with Putin.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 204guy, 1badf350, 69 invisible), 2,994 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,194
Posts18,503,541
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.