-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Tom Selleck and Sam Elliot doing a Louis L'Amour book. Doesn't get much better than that.

No language to speak of, lots of notso gory shootemup scenes, pretty funny, and its got three brothers rescuing the pretty girls. I do believe me and the boys'll be watching this together.

If you've got Netflix, better watch it before it goes away.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We have it on VCR. It's a good movie with some good, although improbable, humor. Katherine Ross doesn't take anything away from it, either.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Humm. Nothing exciting like sword fights with skeletons in that oh so highly acclaimed blockbuster ' pirates of de carribean' then?

Sounds good.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Good movie

There is also a John Wayne marathon on AMC starting at noon today I think.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by eyeball
Humm. Nothing exciting like sword fights with skeletons in that oh so highly acclaimed blockbuster ' pirates of de carribean' then?

Sounds good.

Well, Uncle Black Jack does invite all the bad guys into a saloon for a free drink then tosses in a stick of dynamite. Most of them come out shaken but still intact.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Or just go to amazon and buy that one The Sacketts and a Tom Selleck 3 pack for $26. Then you can watch the whenever and where ever.

Don't forget, The Sacketts also has Glen Ford in it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Tom Selleck and Sam Elliot doing a Louis L'Amour book. Doesn't get much better than that.

No language to speak of, lots of notso gory shootemup scenes, pretty funny, and its got three brothers rescuing the pretty girls. I do believe me and the boys'll be watching this together.

One of the very few movies that I have watched the second time. I think "North to Alaska" is another of the very few.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

It gets much better than this BD Studly-Dude-Winner-of-all-Internet-Conversatioooooones. Not surprisingly........toooooo bad yer shallow opinion of life on this planet doesn't.

Try 'The Jack Bull'.............and watch a REAL western. No history of this film with the great LL books......which HBO shot a winner on this one but nobody noticed.....and is the ultimate definition of great western entertainment. Sometimes..........the Hollyweird guys get it right.

Last edited by StripBuckHunter; 07/20/13.

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's also been on Encore Westerns about twice weekly for the past couple of months. Good flick. Selleck and Elliot are a tough to beat combo.

Thinking if I had to pick one channel it would be Encore Westerns. Everytime I believe I've seen all episodes of Gunsmoke, Paladin or Wagon Train an unknown pops up. Not to wild about Bonaza. I like the B&W stuff.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wish they would put The Grey Fox w/Richard Farnsworth on DVD.

Been waiting for that forever...

Last edited by krupp; 07/20/13.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Got to the beach scene, turned it off.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have it on DVD and have watched it a dozen times . Great movie . I also have the Sacketts on DVD

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Prefer The Sacketts.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (907brass, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 300_savage, 10 invisible), 1,494 guests, and 872 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,723
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.