Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
The Campfire is the only site that is driving me crazy over the back button not working. I have the latest Windows 8.1 operating system. I have tried every solution that Google recommended. Does anyone else have this problem?

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have 8.1 and back is working fine here. But you know what they say...always go forward inn life. Never look back.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Problem is intermittent for me. Go to top of page and click on Forum List when it happens and continue. Not perfect but saves some degree of frustration.

Marv

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gents,
It is likely a tracking protection issue with your browser. Turn off tracking protection for this sight.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Might need this bit so here goes - - if in IE then go to top right of screen and see the icons that look like a house, a star and a gear? Click the gear (Tools) and choose Safety. Click Tracking Protection. I just disabled it rather than mess with creating a specific list of go- no go sites. You may ultimately want the protection so....I am inserting legal discalimer. Sort of a - use my max load at your own risk sorta thing. I do hope it helps. Damn frustraing thing isn't it.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
In the top left hand corner of your Browser there is a little triangle, click on it and a menu will drop down.

See all the googleleads or some such nonsense links?
How ever many there is, is how many times you have to click back, someone gets paid to send your information on.

So just go down the menu to the link you want and click it, or the
best answer is to open all the pages on the Fire in another Tab then just close it when your done.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you are using IE (Internet Explorer) just go ahead and switch to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Also, graduate to tabbed browsing. I never use the back button; streamlines the process.

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
right click and hit back?

Dave

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

132 members (41rem, 808outdoors, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 18 invisible), 1,964 guests, and 983 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,707
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.