Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Romo Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Dean aka Wildone is waiting on his plane at Warbalows in Fairbanks. He rented 2 Pro Pioneers but the company who he rented it from delivered it yesterday without a pump. He called but they're closed and I call Larry Bartlett but he's out until the 22nd. Anyone have a Pro Pioneer pump in Fairbanks that he can pickup within the hour? If so please let me know and I'll PM you my number and Dean's number.

"The days a man spends fishing or spends hunting should not be deducted from the time he's on earth. " Theodore Roosevelt

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
answered via pm, also

didn't get off the river till 9 last night and have no cell service when on it (thanks AT&T)

had a message on my cell from Wild1, and then a pm from Romo when I got home, I'm sure one of my two pumps and half a dozen fittings would have worked???

is there something special or different about the Pro Pioneer pumps I'm unfamiliar with?

anyway felt bad was unavailable to help Dean out, I had no idea he was in town, hopefully they got hooked up with something.

maybe it's a sign, perhaps with a little pre trip hinkiness it's Dean's year to kill a big bastage of a moose

they are out there!

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
""the company who he rented it from delivered it yesterday without a pump"" ....... time to bad mouth somebody. just sayin

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Romo Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I don't think Wildone is going to bad mouth anyone. It happens. When you can't ride a horse you ride a mule. I'm sure they'll make due. I just hope Dean finally plugs Bullwinkle; or, it's time he takes up knitting.

"The days a man spends fishing or spends hunting should not be deducted from the time he's on earth. " Theodore Roosevelt

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If the Pro Pioneer can not be inflated with any $10 pump using a tapered nozzle, they need to change their design.

1Minute
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Romo
I don't think Wildone is going to bad mouth anyone. It happens. When you can't ride a horse you ride a mule. I'm sure they'll make due. I just hope Dean finally plugs Bullwinkle; or, it's time he takes up knitting.

we made due. Thanks for posting this.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Romo
I just hope Dean finally plugs Bullwinkle; or, it's time he takes up knitting.

Dean passed up on a moose, and I had a freaky 63" browtiney moose step out where i was watching. One paddle is messed up, but I'm ticked pink with him. Very old, heavy bastid. Of course he ended up in the water, with a good hump back to camp. I always learn things the hard way.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
texting Dean as I came outa the woods last night back into cell service.

heard about your moose then, congrats, looking forward to seeing the pix

little bit different hauling a moose than a blacktail?

my pack was too far away for these old bones for sure, I need to develop better trigger control as in don't shoot em so far from the river!

glad you had a good hunt Calvin, lookin forward to hearing more about it.

as an aside though, Barnes TSX 120 gr. thunked outa a 7-08 won't hardly kill a moose.....unless you want him DRT.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 160user, 10Glocks, 50 invisible), 2,316 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,398
Posts18,470,039
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.