Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Anyone aware of any free photo hosting sites than can be easily downloaded to the 24 HRC forums?? ( Besides photobucket...)

Thanks!

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
ingwe,

I have a friend who uses this site. They seem to have a lot of satisfied members.

http://www.jesseshunting.com/photopost/index.php

Lynn

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P

Guns are like guitars - you can never have too many.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by ingwe
( Besides photobucket...)

So, apparently I'm not the only one that finds PhotoBucket convoluted, slow (sometimes painfully so), and unpredictable huh. crazy

ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by pixarezzo

I got logged on to them, but cannot figure out how to transfer pics to the fire forums...and their site is no help....

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
flickr isn't as secure as they'd like you to believe.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Personally, I've found photobucket to work very well for me.

If you have an ISP that allows you space for a personal webpage, you can often use it to store photos. It might take a little time to learn how to use it and you need an FTP program to upload them (free add-on with firefox, called fireFTP), but it will eliminate all the issues that come up with the commercial storage sites.

I had one of these for years, but they started charging extra so I quit using it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Ingwe
This isn't actually a photo site, but a technique that I have found to be quicker and easier to use than photobucket.
I drive to Mexico and hire two people to carve out the images that I want to post from igneous rock. I hire another artist to paint the images if color is needed or wanted. Then I buy them two donkeys (reasonably priced at the Headwaters Livestock auction)and have them hand deliver copies of the images to all members of the campfire, keeping one for my own records.
Downside is I have had to buy a larger filing cabinet, but the decrease in frustration is well worth it.

fred

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I haven't had much trouble with Photobucket but recently got Smug Mug. It's not free but works really well. $39.95 a year.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Royce
Ingwe
This isn't actually a photo site, but a technique that I have found to be quicker and easier to use than photobucket.
I drive to Mexico and hire two people to carve out the images that I want to post from igneous rock. I hire another artist to paint the images if color is needed or wanted. Then I buy them two donkeys (reasonably priced at the Headwaters Livestock auction)and have them hand deliver copies of the images to all members of the campfire, keeping one for my own records.
Downside is I have had to buy a larger filing cabinet, but the decrease in frustration is well worth it.

fred
Way too funny!!!!

Golden............
IC B3

R
RNF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Ingwe

I was using photobucket but left when I started getting virus problems there. Switched to http://imageshack.us/ and no more problems.

No problems loading pictures to this site .

A gun in the hand is worth more than the entire police force on the phone.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hunt101.com works well I have used it for years.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Royce
Ingwe

fred

Well done, Fred!

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
S
S
Hi,

Photo hosting is the best thing to do. In free photo hosting the space for our photos are limited. Flickr websites, Picasa Web Albums are some of the photo hosting sites.

free image hosting sites
share pictures instantly

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Imageshack works well for me too and I know very little about computers or how to operate them. No problems using the Imagashack site. Seems to be quick to upload photos and easy to pull them out for posting on various sites.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
My only objection to Photobucket is that they've started playing video ads while the pics upload. I have to turn off the sound to avoid them.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
My photobucket account has just gone totally haywire and I have no idea why...still on an XP machine, IE8...could be the reason.

Last edited by sse; 06/04/12.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My photobucket locks up every time for some reason. Using imageshack now.

JOC was right. The 270 Winchester on a Model 70 is a great combination as is the 30/06 and 375 H&H

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (1moredeer, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 64 invisible), 2,604 guests, and 1,376 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,448
Posts18,470,996
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.