All:

Some of you may know about Old West Snake Oil. Anyways, I finally ran out of my first bottle that I bought years ago. And this was mostly due to the fact that the better half found it and discovered that it could be used for things other than firearms. So I go online to to order and discovered that there is a new product that they offer. At least new to me and it is called #2. It is a darker version that is designed to match the pre-64 Winchester reddish finish. So I go ahead and order one along with an original bottle, or #1.

The results on darker wood guns are pretty darn nice. It has less of that glossy finish look and blends in better. I put it on a Savage post mil F that has darker wood and it made it look better, much better. Same with my pre-64 Model 70s. Basically, I really like the results.

So if you are going to order some, check out the #2 version. It might be worth the $ to you because it is designed for Winchesters.

Oh, it you are going to order both #1 and #2 versions, it is better to order over the phone. Their site does not have a cart so you have to order them separately if doing it online. The guy says he will only charge you for one shipping, by why take a chance.

Hope that helps..
RAS

http://oldwestsnakeoil.com/

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.