Home
Posted By: DANNYL Maple syrup - 05/01/15
Interest went very well this year so I am taking some orders for next year. If ya think ya might want some PM me your name,address and amount wanted so I can log them into my notebook. Syrup will be sold in order that it was requested because each year is a bit different because of the weather,just what we make is unknown til then. Should be pretty good as we are doing another lot of maple's.
I will send PM to verify prior to us starting so that we know how much to bottle up as the rest will be sold in barrels. Hope weather works for us and gives us a good year for making syrup. Thanks all for your report on how ya liked it.
Prices are plus flat rate shipping as it is now $17.90 large,$12.65 medium
Gallon $35 1/2gal $20 Qt $12
For those that haven't seen my earlier ad for this years syrup.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...26/Pure_Maple_Syrup_ALL_SOLD#Post9788926
Posted By: WYcoyote Re: Maple syrup - 05/01/15
PM sent.
Posted By: sixgunner Re: Maple syrup - 05/01/15
PM sent
Posted By: rutten Re: Maple syrup - 05/01/15
PM Sent
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Maple syrup - 05/01/15
You KNOW I'm up!
Probably about the same as this year.
Posted By: mtjoe Re: Maple syrup - 05/01/15
PM,D
Posted By: TNrifleman Re: Maple syrup - 05/01/15
PM sent
Posted By: smokinggun Re: Maple syrup - 05/01/15
PM sent. Thanks!
Posted By: Wacenturion Re: Maple syrup - 05/01/15
PM sent
Posted By: Tarkio Re: Maple syrup - 05/01/15
We broke into the syrup you shipped this morning.

Pretty telling when a 9 year old is asked how the syrup is, he gives 2 thumbs up and says it's really good and has a lot more flavor than standard syrup.

Thanks Danny.
Posted By: GeoW Re: Maple syrup - 05/01/15
PM sent.

Thanks,
Geo
Posted By: poleman Re: Maple syrup - 05/02/15
Pm sent
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 05/02/15
Mark you were were already on the list,someone would have your hide otherwise.
Tarkio that's good to hear,there is no comparison to store bought.
When ya pm me for an order try and remember your shipping info so I can write it into my log book. Thanks
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Maple syrup - 05/02/15
Just trying to cover my - um - tail!
Posted By: waltcollins Re: Maple syrup - 05/02/15
Pm fer 1/2 galyon cent
Posted By: turkeyinstrut Re: Maple syrup - 05/02/15
Sent ya a PM
Posted By: goldendomer04 Re: Maple syrup - 05/02/15
PM Sent
Posted By: trf215 Re: Maple syrup - 05/02/15
PM sent.
Posted By: Lockhart Re: Maple syrup - 05/02/15
pm sent.
Posted By: Snootie Re: Maple syrup - 05/03/15
PM sent
Posted By: nimrodtracy Re: Maple syrup - 05/03/15
I want a gallon, PM sent
Posted By: CoyoteChuck52 Re: Maple syrup - 05/03/15
IF I get a gallon can I get it in quart jars?
Posted By: kcm270 Re: Maple syrup - 05/03/15
Please put me on the list if available. Thank you.
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 05/03/15
Originally Posted by CoyoteChuck52

We have no way of sealing quart jars. The food grade plastic jugs used have caps that seal when bottled up at a temp of 185
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 05/03/15
Originally Posted by kcm270
Please put me on the list if available. Thank you.

Send me a pm with amount you'd like and shipping info so I can put ya in my log book. Thanks
Posted By: Optimax90 Re: Maple syrup - 05/04/15
Morning bump for a solid post/seller....
Posted By: bluecat Re: Maple syrup - 05/04/15
Ya!ll need to get some of this next year. Got mine today and it is good, but he forgot to send the biscuits.
Posted By: lynntelk Re: Maple syrup - 05/04/15
Yea I found that out also, but I persevered and made scratch buttermilk biscuits when I received the syrup.
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 05/04/15
Sorry guy's,plum forgot.
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: Maple syrup - 05/04/15
Originally Posted by DANNYL

We have no way of sealing quart jars. The food grade plastic jugs used have caps that seal when bottled up at a temp of 185

I get gallon jugs and divide them up into pint jars. I bring the syrup to a boil for just a moment, then ladle it into a hot jar with a warmed lid. I tip them on their top and let cool. The seal right up in regular mason jars...JME.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: Maple syrup - 05/04/15
Have kept a gallon plastic jug of maple syrup in the refrigerator for up to a year with no issues, quality does not seem to be affected as long as it is refrigerated and tightly capped....
Posted By: Brasher Re: Maple syrup - 05/04/15
I'm always a sap for good syrup!! 😜😜 put me down for a nice jug of the good stuff! Pm inbound.
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 05/05/15
Originally Posted by Pahntr760

I get gallon jugs and divide them up into pint jars. I bring the syrup to a boil for just a moment, then ladle it into a hot jar with a warmed lid. I tip them on their top and let cool. The seal right up in regular mason jars...JME.

That's exactly right,use new lids (seals).
Posted By: tnscouter Re: Maple syrup - 05/08/15
To all those considering a purchase of maple syrup from DANNYL I suggest you go ahead and pull the trigger.
Ours arrived a few days ago and tastes great. The containers look cool and arrived in perfect condition. The packaging was strong and the shipping cost was exactly what he stated. Having a connection to the producer, albeit a slight one, knowing the story of the syrup production, and its great flavor, puts the syrup ahead of those in the grocery store.
The family had waffles tonight just to use the syrup and it was great. My son likes to drink it straight, but I put a stop to that so the syrup would last longer.
DANNYL thanks for making this syrup available to us 'Fire members at a great price. I am looking forward to next year's batch. -tnscouter
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 05/08/15
Thanks tnscouter,ya may have to get the boy his own jug.
Posted By: willowcreek1996 Re: Maple syrup - 05/18/15
I just received a few jugs of syrup snd it is fantastic. I did, for a moment, consider tipping the jug back and having a pull. I refrained only because my 3 year old was watching.

I'm on Danny's list for next season and so long as i get all I want next year, you should get on the list as well.
Posted By: remingtonclassic Re: Maple syrup - 05/18/15
Kids grown and gone and I did tip the jug.
Posted By: Sheister Re: Maple syrup - 05/18/15
Approximately when will the syrup be available? Being old, I won't be able to remember this thread or my PM for that matter. LOL

Bob
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 05/18/15
Usually in march,all depends on mother nature. Sheister I'll get back to everyone prior to confirm order.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: Maple syrup - 05/18/15
Really enjoy a couple shots of maple syrup every now and then....
Posted By: add Re: Maple syrup - 05/18/15
Glad this went well.

Tag for the next offering.

smile
Posted By: Jerry/AK Re: Maple syrup - 05/18/15
I tried it in my coffee this morning...pretty good.
Jerry/AK
Posted By: Boarmaster123 Re: Maple syrup - 05/18/15
Pm sent.
Posted By: tnscouter Re: Maple syrup - 05/19/15
WARNING - to all purchasers of DANNYL's maple syrup - WARNING

Be prepared to either work out or gain some weight. smile smile

Our family hadn't had waffles in a couple years. In the past few weeks since DANNYL's maple syrup arrived we've had them four times. On top of that my daughter has also started making french toast. The kids absolutely love the stuff, so they have started making waffles or french toast for the whole family just to have an excuse to drink eat the syrup. It really is that good. I'm glad I'm in for some next season. Again thanks to DANNYL for making it available. -tnscouter
Posted By: Brasher Re: Maple syrup - 12/26/15
Went to Vietnam Last year for three months.. Thought I was on the list for 2 -1/2 gallon jugs.. Never got contacted.. Hoping to be on the list this year for sure! 😜😜😜😜😜😁 I'm going back to Vietnam for 3 weeks but back by March 1st... Just don't want to miss out again... 😜😜😜😜😜
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 12/27/15
Brasher I never got anything from ya wanting any. If ya want some this year it'll probably be in March depending on the weather. PM me amount you'd like and your name and address so I can write it down in my log book. I will get back to ya when we get things going.
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 12/27/15
My brother and I did a lot of work this year to increase our volume made. We cleared all under brush from a new sugar bush of hard maple around 16 acre's worth. Skidded out over 200 cord of firewood. Ran 22,500' of sap line,2,500 of mainline and built a new sugarhouse. We also had to buy a bigger evaporator for for boiling the sap down to syrup,found a great used one in vermont. Now our only concern is we have no snow yet and our temp has been well above average. We need snow bad to make this work out properly for us. Take care and I'll be getting back to ya when we get going. We went from around 325 taps to 2500. Lets just hope the weather cooperates. Had to take a break in the middle for haying season on his farm but we will be ready.
Posted By: waltcollins Re: Maple syrup - 12/27/15
Danny, I sent you a pm on 5\2\15 and also posted a reply to your ad on that date requesting a 1/2 gallon. Are we set for your next batch?

Walt
Posted By: Angus1895 Re: Maple syrup - 12/27/15
Pm sent 4 one gallon if u can. Thanks John.
Posted By: EricM Re: Maple syrup - 12/27/15
Praying for snow. I want in! smile

Eric
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Maple syrup - 12/27/15
I want in on this fun too. I'll pm my info to you.

Cliff
Posted By: ewc Re: Maple syrup - 12/27/15
I would like a gallon.

Thanks-

Judd
Posted By: Duckhunter Re: Maple syrup - 12/27/15
PM sent for syrup.

Thanks, Ronny
Posted By: Paul4 Re: Maple syrup - 12/27/15
Sounds great pm sent. Hope the weather changes soon.
Thanks
Paul
Posted By: RED53 Re: Maple syrup - 01/30/16
Hi DANNYL. Still on list for 1 gallon? Home email [email protected] Thank you.
Posted By: USMC2602 Re: Maple syrup - 01/30/16
PM incoming.
Posted By: buckhunterbb Re: Maple syrup - 01/30/16
pm sent for a gallon
Posted By: DaddyRat Re: Maple syrup - 01/30/16
pm sent for 1/2 gallon
Posted By: AROKHUNTER Re: Maple syrup - 01/30/16
PM sent for 5 quarts. I sure hope it happens!
Posted By: Bob_Loblaw Re: Maple syrup - 01/30/16
pm for a gallon
Posted By: lastborn Re: Maple syrup - 01/30/16
PM sent for at least one gallon
Posted By: Lockhart Re: Maple syrup - 01/30/16
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.....
Posted By: lightning Re: Maple syrup - 01/30/16
Didn't know you could make real maple syrup in New York? Thought it had to be from Vermont! grin
Posted By: Lockhart Re: Maple syrup - 01/30/16
It seems picante salsa is made there.
Posted By: arkrunner Re: Maple syrup - 01/30/16
Pm sent for a gallon
Posted By: Sig220 Re: Maple syrup - 01/30/16
PM sent for two (2)-1/2 gallon jugs.

Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 02/07/16
I think I sent pm's to everyone but I will post it here also.
We will be tapping tree's this week during a cold spell. Should be making syrup when it breaks. This message may not refer to you but wanted to put it out to those wanting some.
I can fit three 1/2 gallon jugs in a large flat rat box or two 1/2 gallon jugs in a medium. If you want to change up your order to save on shipping just let me know. Thanks
Posted By: broomd Re: Maple syrup - 02/07/16
Thank you!
Posted By: Jerry/AK Re: Maple syrup - 02/07/16
Thank you!
Posted By: DakotaBoy Re: Maple syrup - 02/07/16
Pm coming for 2- 1/2 gallon
Posted By: ruger700 Re: Maple syrup - 02/07/16
Pm for 1/2 gallon

derryl
Posted By: Boykin Re: Maple syrup - 02/07/16
PM comin'
Posted By: Squirrelnut Re: Maple syrup - 02/07/16
I'll take two half gallon jugs. PM sent.
Posted By: TylerG Re: Maple syrup - 02/07/16
I'll also take two half gallons if available.
Posted By: TylerG Re: Maple syrup - 02/07/16
Pm sent
Posted By: FyrepowrX Re: Maple syrup - 02/07/16
PM sent for 4 of the 1/2G jugs...
Posted By: Oakster Re: Maple syrup - 02/07/16
I am sending a pm for 2 half gallon jugs
Posted By: buckhorn Re: Maple syrup - 02/08/16
PM sent for three 1/2 gallons.
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 02/08/16
PM's are best right now cause I'm stomped with them. If wanting some for the first time also send me your shipping info. Thanks all for all your orders and hopefully it'll be a sweet year.
Posted By: CGS3 Re: Maple syrup - 02/08/16
PM inbound, would like 2 of the 1/2 gallons
Posted By: jaytee Re: Maple syrup - 02/09/16
How long will it keep and how should it be stored?
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 02/10/16
Once opened it's best stored in fridge, it will last a long time just sitting out on the table after opening. Can also be put in freezer for long term storage.

Just something I picked up off google.
According to the Massachusetts Maple Producers Association, unopened maple syrup will keep indefinitely, but it must be refrigerated once opened. As for mold, the MMPA says, "If any harmless mold should form on the surface, merely bring the syrup to a slight boil, skim the surface, and pour into a clean container and refrigerate." We haven't tried this ourselves, and are reluctant to recommend it unless you know exactly what kind of mold you have and whether it is truly harmless. Do any of our readers have experience with this?

In addition to refrigerating opened maple syrup, the Vermont Maple Sugar Makers' Association recommends storing unopened maple syrup in a cool place. For long term storage, the Association says that maple syrup retains its flavor best when kept in the freezer (it will not freeze solid).
Posted By: Rug3 Re: Maple syrup - 02/10/16
Way to go Danny! That area of NY State produces some of the very best Maple syrup. Spring (Sugar Season) is not far off. How's the snow cover this year?
Best to you.
Jim
Posted By: jaytee Re: Maple syrup - 02/10/16
PM sent.
Posted By: jb67mini Re: Maple syrup - 02/11/16
Pm sent
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 02/11/16
We don't want any funds sent until I get back to ya that we have it ready. This was on a first come first serve basis. We have 104 orders but we shouldn't have a problem filling all. Thanks to all that have ordered. We finished tapping yesterday and are now just waiting on this cold spell to pass. Hopefully we can start filling orders next weekend.
Posted By: Wacenturion Re: Maple syrup - 02/22/16
Any news yet?
Posted By: Wrangler13 Re: Maple syrup - 02/22/16
How many taps do you have? We tapped saturday and got 30 gallons of sap out of 30 taps by Sunday morning.
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 02/22/16
In past we had around 400,this year we have 2200 with 3/16 tubing and at the top of the hill we put in 4 vacuum gauges just to see what we were pulling,ranged from 15-25 inches of natural vacuum. We boiled our first run in the new to evaporator. We drew off 12gal yesterday and our evaporator is full of partially cooked down sap. Takes us about 400 gallons to safely fire up. Our setup is a 3.5'x9' raised flue with a steam away on top with air injection to really get it going. The steam away raised the sap temp up to 188 degrees so it is good and hot for when it goes down to the evaporator. We also have constant hot water coming into a tank from the steamaway. I have a bunch of pictures on my phone but for some reason I cant get them to go to my comptor.We are looking for another run wed,thurs
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Maple syrup - 02/22/16
Tag
Posted By: Wrangler13 Re: Maple syrup - 02/22/16
Sounds like a nice setup! I am still using a turkey fryer and cinder block arch. That 3/16 sounds like it could be the real deal.
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 02/23/16
Wrangler13 if ya get a chance read up on the 3/16 for natural vacuum. We went from 5/16 and don't regret it. We have a large slope which it is designed for and it works great. Depending on where you are at in VT and from what I've seen while going there you probably do.
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Maple syrup - 02/23/16
Roses are red
Violets are purple
Sugar is sweet
So is maple syrple

Looking forward to the real deal.

Pancakes or waffles?

P
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 02/23/16
Soon and we noticed with our new setup that it's even smoother than the past,or it could be that we are on young virgin tree's,or just the year.
Posted By: ottis392v Re: Maple syrup - 02/23/16
pm sent for 2 half gallons
Posted By: pdsarge Re: Maple syrup - 02/25/16
PM sent
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 02/26/16
I was finally able to get time for doing some pic's
Our lines run down this hill about 700' to the storage tank or to a main line which goes to the tanks.
[Linked Image]
Our 22'x24' sugar house
The evaporator, the 8" pipe on top is for air injection to the top pan (preheater)the sap coming out of it going to the flue pan is around 188 degrees
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
In the process of making syrup
[Linked Image]
Almost ready to draw off another batch. We have an automatic drawoff unit that we set to go off at a certain temp. We use an hydrometer to determine the temp for it to release.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Our bulk tanks for storage before being fed to inside
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wacenturion Re: Maple syrup - 02/26/16
Pretty neat......looks like a fun thing to do.
It is fun and can get hectic at time's but more rewarding when ya taste what you'd made.
Posted By: FyrepowrX Re: Maple syrup - 02/26/16
do weather conditions (warm or cold, wet or dry ) affect the sap yield very much?

looks pretty cool!
We need below 32 at night and above during the day. Most times the high doesn't happen until the afternoon. Once in awhile we can get an all night run. Wednesday and Thursday were ideal days but the barametric pressure was high enough to slow it down. Some things ya read even say the moon phase effect the run. A nice rain or snow providing its in the 30's or 40's helps it run also
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Maple syrup - 02/26/16
Danny - how much sap / tree average? I've also "heard" that it takes quite a bit of sap to make a gallon of syrup, true?
Seems to me that you and your brother are working your tails off! smile smile
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 02/27/16
It's been a busy year getting everything done in time. It takes about 40gal of sap per gallon of syrup. Average sap volume per tap depends on the weather. It is usually 1-3 gallons per tap per day on a good run. With this smaller line we use it creates higher vacuum by the time it get's to the tank or mainline,I put 4 vacuum gauges up at the end and we have had vacuum as high as 25" and that wasn't a good run,so the line is working properly. I just read yesterday on a maple forum a guy claimed he got 6 gal per tap,I would have to see that to believe it,but maybe. We have 22,000' of 3/16 tubing and 2500' of mainline and 1800 taps on this hillside.
Posted By: lightning Re: Maple syrup - 02/27/16
Danny, what's the sugar content of the sap running this year?
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 02/27/16
So far we are at 2-2.5
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 02/28/16
Here's a little humor.
https://youtu.be/EqreE_O6mBU
Posted By: kcTbear Re: Maple syrup - 02/28/16
Link = good stuff, thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Wacenturion Re: Maple syrup - 02/28/16
That was freaking funny.....good one.
Posted By: jrpace25 Re: Maple syrup - 02/28/16
PM Sent for (2) 1/2 gallons...
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Maple syrup - 03/02/16
Cool photos.

DF
Here's a little humor.
https://youtu.be/EqreE_O6mBU

laugh laugh
Bet your sugar house smells great during a cook off.

DF
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 03/02/16
That's what everyone says when they walk in but us being used to it don't notice. Once in a while we have to draw off a 1/2 cup just to put the taste in our mouths,just wouldn't want to sample to much or you know what would happen.
Posted By: smokinggun Re: Maple syrup - 03/02/16
My gallon just came in and without a doubt it's the best I've ever tasted! Thank you Danny!
How long does the syrup cooking season last?

DF
Depends on the weather. If it get's to warm like in the 50's and the nights don't drop below 32 it could end quick because the buds on the tree's would want to pop out. We are expecting almost perfect weather starting Sunday and if the extended forecast is right we could be boiling about 14hrs a day for 10 days. That'll be a large amount of syrup. If the runs flow like they should we could pull off 40-50 gallons a day. Sure hope the weather works for us.
Originally Posted by smokinggun
My gallon just came in and without a doubt it's the best I've ever tasted! Thank you Danny!

Thanks that's what we like to hear.
Posted By: tmax264 Re: Maple syrup - 03/02/16
I sent you a request to be put on the list for a 1/2 gallon last May. Was wondering if I'm still in line and if it could bumped up to a full gallon. Just need to know how to go about getting you paid and getting goods.
tmax264
Posted By: sidepass Re: Maple syrup - 03/02/16
PM sent
Posted By: rockdoc Re: Maple syrup - 03/02/16
Wow, thanks for the photos.

I love Maple syrup, from days when I worked on oil rigs, I will have it on bacon and eggs! Get some funny looks.

Had a friend visit recently from VT, moved there 5 years ago from Aus, and we talked about the maple syrup industry in VT over breakfast. He had maple syrup on his eggs and bacon too grin
Posted By: JBB111 Re: Maple syrup - 03/02/16
I'll take 2 gallons. PM on the way. Thanks
Posted By: travelingman1 Re: Maple syrup - 03/02/16
pm sent for 8 quarts
Posted By: GunGeezer Re: Maple syrup - 03/03/16
Sold with the pictures and back story. laugh
If you still have some to sell, would like 2 - 1/2gal. PM on the way. Thanks
gg
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Maple syrup - 03/03/16
Pictures do add to the buy in as customers become part of the process...

That's good marketing.

DF
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Maple syrup - 03/04/16
Have you sold out your production?

DF
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 03/04/16
Heck no,we're just about to get really started. Starting Sunday the weather is predicted to be perfect for about 10 days,then cooling off for a few and we'll have another round. If I don't get back to someone during this time it's because we're expecting to be putting in 14-16 hour days boiling. I will get back to ya though.
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 03/04/16
More pic's I was able to get downloaded from my phone.
Vacuum from a mild run,can't argue with that.
[Linked Image]
At full boil one day last week
[Linked Image]
Structure is up
[Linked Image]
This is where the steam exits
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Daveh Re: Maple syrup - 03/04/16
PM sent for two half gallons....

Dave
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Maple syrup - 03/04/16
That is super cool...

DF
Posted By: Sig220 Re: Maple syrup - 03/07/16
And back to the front page.....we go....along with a great syrup making forecast!!
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 03/09/16
We pounded it til 2am this morning. Made a bunch though and had several visitors stop in,so it was a good night.
Posted By: sixgunner Re: Maple syrup - 03/09/16
If you haven't bought some syrup yet, do yourself a favor and get some. It's the best maple syrup I've ever tasted. Thanks again Danny.
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 03/11/16
Thanks. Feedback is always good. Good or bad, the way we have been the past few day's I think we're just running on instinct. I hate to leave people hanging with the pm's but just haven't had time. Been running 15-16hr days since Tuesday. I have about 40 gallons yet to box up.
Posted By: Newbury Re: Maple syrup - 03/11/16
Danny sent a PM 2ea half gallons....
Thanks Randy
Posted By: bluecat Re: Maple syrup - 03/11/16
Received mine today. I beleive it is better than last years. Only problem he forgot the biscuits again. Go ahead and put me down for next year.Nice looking syrup house. Thanks
Posted By: broomd Re: Maple syrup - 03/11/16
I spent a bit extra with Dan this year and got four quarts specifically.
Two or three of them will be gifts for close friends. Can't think of sharing any more love than that as a gift.

Great syrup, best we have had in our home.
Posted By: EricM Re: Maple syrup - 03/11/16
Awesome photos! It really makes you appreciate what goes into the process! I can't wait until my 1 gal is ready. smile

Eric
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 03/12/16
Can't believe I forgot the biscuits 2 years in a row.

Been really pounding this thing out lately. Some long nights but the weather here is totally off this year as though it's teasing us.
Posted By: Plab Re: Maple syrup - 03/12/16
what's your evaporation rate ?

plab
Posted By: Chootem_Again Re: Maple syrup - 03/12/16
Received my syrup today. It's as good as I've ever tasted. Please consider me for four 1/2 gallon jugs next year. You also do a very nice job packaging and marketing this fine product.
Posted By: jaytee Re: Maple syrup - 03/12/16
Cant wait to get mine, hope he hasn't forgotten me.
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 03/13/16
Originally Posted by Plab

plab

About 140 gallons of sap an hour,would be about 160 if it were set up on oil. But our wood is free
Posted By: gabo94 Re: Maple syrup - 03/13/16
pm sent for two, half gallon containers
Posted By: Sig220 Re: Maple syrup - 03/13/16

plab

About 140 gallons of sap an hour,would be about 160 if it were set up on oil. But our wood is free

Danny....should we wait on a PM to send in the money? I try to check the site daily, but just had a panic attack today when I saw I was not logged in....hard to see a PM if you aren't logged in!! Got it all squared away, now!
Posted By: joe6555 Re: Maple syrup - 03/13/16
Mine arrived yesterday. Well packed,it survived the post office all the way to Texas. Thanks, we sure enjoy the fruits of your labor!
Posted By: realralfy Re: Maple syrup - 03/14/16
PM sent for 2 1/2 gals...
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Maple syrup - 03/14/16
Hoping I'm toward the top of your list for next year, Danny.
There's a reason I'm 3 years in, folks!
Bump for a GREAT product!
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 03/15/16
Your # 400 Mark oop's ment 1

Been a real busy week but it looks very good as to filling all orders of 131 lots of hot boiling hours. My brothers boiling now and I had to come home and get busy boxing up more and get them to p.o
Our p.o closes at noon here which sucks cause our mail don't get here til 1 so that means I have to ship next day.
Many have pm'd me payment preferred which is cash,check or m.o we pulled off 20 gallons sunday night and 23 last night,stuff adds up quick. Sorry for the delay on answering pm's but it's been beyond busy but I will check in. Thanks all.
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 03/15/16
Originally Posted by Sig220

plab

Danny....should we wait on a PM to send in the money? I try to check the site daily, but just had a panic attack today when I saw I was not logged in....hard to see a PM if you aren't logged in!! Got it all squared away, now!

I'll pm ya when I get it boxed up.
Posted By: Ashworth Re: Maple syrup - 03/17/16
Got my order today. Thanks Danny. Please put me on next years list.

Attached picture IMG_2764.jpg
Posted By: g5m Re: Maple syrup - 03/24/16
Received and appreciated!
Very well packaged and great 'New York' container!
Posted By: 30338 Re: Maple syrup - 03/24/16
Got ours a week or two back. My first pure maple syrup. Super stuff. Will be on nexts years list again.
Posted By: bigfish9684 Re: Maple syrup - 03/24/16
Got mine today as well. Best maple syrup I've had. Thanks Danny!

Put me on the list for next year as I said in the PM. laugh

After a year of anticipation, it was worth posting a review up on the shch!dtshow: http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/11070390#Post11070390

Hope that's OK, Danny. Thanks again.

Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 03/25/16
Thanks Mark for passing it around and to all that have ordered. Dan
Posted By: Ken_L Re: Maple syrup - 03/25/16
I received mine a couple of weeks ago and it's the best syrup! I use it for my breakfast meals of course but I also use it in my recipes for ribs and pulled pork! Thanks Danny!
Posted By: Wacenturion Re: Maple syrup - 03/25/16
Received my yesterday. Danny, please put me on the list for next year as well.
Posted By: G23 Re: Maple syrup - 03/25/16
Received my order yesterday so last night I fixed pancakes for dinner to try it out. It's as good as everyone says. Put me on the list for next year please.

G23
Posted By: Sig220 Re: Maple syrup - 03/25/16
Got my order in today! Well packed and survived the USPS.

Figure I will put one bottle in the freezer and the other in the fridge.

Pancakes are due up in the morning!

Thanks again Danny!!

I couldn't wait till morning, opened a jug up just to taste it. OMG, hard to explain how good this syrup is....almost buttery. Completely different then any I have tried before! Great job, Danny!!

If there is a list for next year, put me on it....Please!!
I don't see how my order will last that long!!
Posted By: woody1 Box Crushers thwarted! - 03/26/16
Just a note to let you know that my two gallons made the approx. 3,000 mile trip in spite of the best efforts of the USPS box crushers. They did manage to bust open one box but none of the contents escaped. Regards, Woody
Posted By: Boonechaser Re: Box Crushers thwarted! - 03/26/16
Man, all these post about how good the syrup is has me drooling, waiting for mine to ship. I have already stocked up on a years supply of pancake batter!
Posted By: Bigd7378 Re: Box Crushers thwarted! - 03/28/16
DANNYL.....Is it too late to order 1/2 gallon?
Posted By: Alaskajim Re: Box Crushers thwarted! - 03/28/16
pm sent for 1 gallon
Posted By: Boonechaser Re: Box Crushers thwarted! - 03/28/16
Got mine today! Excellent syrup, please ad me to the list for next year for another 4qts.
Posted By: Offshoreman Re: Box Crushers thwarted! - 03/28/16
Just got mine in today - you northerners have been hiding this secret too long! I could not believe how rich this stuff is. First thing I did was make sure I was on Danny's list for next year smile
Posted By: ottis392v Re: Box Crushers thwarted! - 03/28/16
got mine today awesome syrup will get some more. quick shipping sent on sat received on mon Thank you DannyL
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Box Crushers thwarted! - 03/31/16
Thanks goes to all you guys for your purchase and compliments. Only negative has been usps,some smashed boxes and another one that was lost.
Posted By: Squirrelnut Re: Box Crushers thwarted! - 03/31/16
I got mine earlier in the week. First time I've had the real thing, I'd only had the maple syrup from Cracker Barrel and the grocery and this is on an entirely different level. Mind blowingly good, one of the best things I've ever tasted and the whole family agrees. Thanks Danny!
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Box Crushers thwarted! - 04/03/16
We still have some available if anyone is interested.
Posted By: USMC2602 Re: Box Crushers thwarted! - 04/03/16
Got mine on Thursday, couldn't be more pleased. Thanks!
Posted By: slabslapper Re: Box Crushers thwarted! - 04/03/16
I'd like a couple of quarts. Thanks.

Best Regards
Posted By: lastborn Re: Box Crushers thwarted! - 04/03/16
Got mine and it's goooood! Hot home made buttered biscuit crumpled up In a bowl with some hot home made country sausage and a good dousing of this syrup and my oh my, it's heaven. My 9 year old will eat four bowls of this at one setting! He is skinny as a rail at the Moment. That may change. I've ate what people said was real maple and that stuff at Cracker Barrel and this has to be what true maple syrup taste like.
Posted By: FE427 Re: Box Crushers thwarted! - 04/03/16
Pm for 2 Quarts
Posted By: rj112275 Re: Maple syrup - 04/03/16
[Linked Image]

Great stuff!

Made some candy too. Only ingredient, maple syrup :-)

[Linked Image]
Posted By: double tap Re: Box Crushers thwarted! - 04/05/16
We still have some available if anyone is interested.

Absolutely interested. Was afraid the opportunity had passed by. PM sent.

Chris
Posted By: KenMi Re: Box Crushers thwarted! - 04/08/16
Free Bump for an incredible product.

Just got our 2 half gallons in the mail today. They survived perfectly, but the box looked like it went through a war. Only a government run organization could destroy a box in a simple 2 day shipping operation.

Anyhow, couldn't wait till morning to try it. Poured a little in a drinking glass. INCREDIBLE!! We had Trader Joe's maple syrup in the fridge. No comparison at all! This is way thicker, richer, and much better flavored.

Once you try it, you won't be disappointed. My wife even said we won't be buying store bought syrup again.
Posted By: wageslave Re: Box Crushers thwarted! - 04/08/16
Originally Posted by KenMi
Free Bump for an incredible product.

Just got our 2 half gallons in the mail today. They survived perfectly, but the box looked like it went through a war. Only a government run organization could destroy a box in a simple 2 day shipping operation.

I got mine today and it was the same way.
Packing paper leaking out, but not the product.
makes you wonder how far they throw that stuff. smile

Thanks DannyL
Posted By: burt2506 Re: Box Crushers thwarted! - 04/08/16
Pm sent.

Burt2506
Its good stuff.
Posted By: KenMi Re: Box Crushers thwarted! - 04/09/16
Waiting for the homemade Belgian waffle batter to raise for an hour is no fun, when there is syrup this good, waiting to cover them.
Posted By: 375PigGuy Re: Maple syrup - 04/10/16
Ours arrived last week, packed perfectly and so good on pancakes, corn bread, bacon, and anything else it's been on.

Thanks for a great transaction and product.

PigGuy
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: Maple syrup - 04/10/16
Any left? I am late to this party
Posted By: chovanl Re: Maple syrup - 04/10/16
Me too
Posted By: TheSOB Re: Maple syrup - 04/10/16
Add me to the list
Posted By: lovesomeshootin Re: Maple syrup - 04/10/16
PM'd you
Posted By: Ebby Re: Maple syrup - 04/11/16
We got ours last week and couldn't be any happier. Delicious. Thanks so much!

Lee
Posted By: claybreaker Re: Maple syrup - 04/11/16
WOW.. Just WOW. We just got our last week, this stuff is super, so full of rich delicious flavor.

Now mad at self that I didn't get some from last year.

Mmmm,
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 04/12/16
Have some 1/2 gallons and gallons left.
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 04/14/16
Bumping up,still have some available. About 20 gallons and 20 1/2 gallons
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Maple syrup - 04/14/16
Danny's maple syrup is kinda like f*cking a redhead.

If you get the chance and pass, you'll regret it for the rest of your life.

P
Posted By: Wacenturion Re: Maple syrup - 04/14/16
[quote=Pharmseller]Danny's maple syrup is kinda like f*cking a redhead.

If you get the chance and pass, you'll regret it for the rest of your life.

P [/quote

Kind of puts it in perspective. Don't think I'll ever look at maple syrup the same way any more.
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 04/20/16
We still have some left,just pretend it's a redhead.
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 04/24/16
Still have some.
Posted By: helidriver72 Re: Maple syrup - 04/24/16
I'll take a gallon to 96037
Pm me the total, thanks!
Posted By: bluecat Re: Maple syrup - 04/27/16
Sent pm
Posted By: Slider1 Re: Maple syrup - 04/27/16
PM sent
Posted By: colodog Re: Maple syrup - 04/27/16
PM incoming.
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 05/02/16
Still have some ready for your table.
Posted By: EQFD193 Re: Maple syrup - 05/02/16
arrived, tried and worth every penny !!!!
Posted By: burt2506 Re: Maple syrup - 05/02/16
1 gallon to 28754

Please

Burt2506
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 05/03/16
$53.75 for a gallon shipped flat rate.
Posted By: milespatton Re: Maple syrup - 05/03/16
$53.75 shipped flat rate.

PM sent.
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 05/06/16
About 20 gallons left.
Posted By: bluecat Re: Maple syrup - 05/06/16
Got my other order but you forgot the bisquits again. Joking, really enjoy the syrup
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 05/06/16
Good to hear it made it and if I hadn't been so busy I'd have remembered the biscuits.
Posted By: KenMi Re: Maple syrup - 05/06/16
If any of you need an excuse to order some (or another order) look no further. Boil it down into maple candy using this recipe, and it rivals maple fudge. Add walnuts, pecans, or whatever you want, but it's also great plain.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/142723...mp;referringContentType=search%20results
Posted By: pdsarge Re: Maple syrup - 05/07/16
Hands down, the best maple syrup I have ever had. You'll regret not buying some.
Posted By: Slider1 Re: Maple syrup - 05/08/16
I just had The Maple Syrup for the first time this AM on a Waffle!!! It is AMAZING!!! smile
Posted By: hemiallen Re: Maple syrup - 05/08/16
Pm sent Danny
Thank you
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 05/08/16
Thanks goes to all of you that ordered and enjoy it.
Posted By: willhunt4 Re: Maple syrup - 05/08/16
Pm sent
Posted By: SnowyMountaineer Re: Maple syrup - 05/08/16
Pm sent
Posted By: bluecat Re: Maple syrup - 05/09/16
PM sent
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 05/10/16
I only have full gallons left. Rest are gone.
Posted By: Snootie Re: Maple syrup - 05/10/16
Syrup is great! Wife and I look forward to having it on waffles every weekend. Thanks for a great product!!
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 05/14/16
Gallon jugs are all we have left,about 15 of them. $35ea + $18.75 large flat rate shipping.
Posted By: 375PigGuy Re: Maple syrup - 05/14/16
We had it with a fresh skillet of cornbread and it was LIFE CHANGING,,!!!!!

PigGuy
Posted By: Fanofthefortyone Re: Maple syrup - 05/14/16
Pm on the way.
Ronnie
Posted By: bluecat Re: Maple syrup - 05/16/16
Received my other syrup. Had to heat up some Jerry Clower tube biscuits to drag thru the good syrup. Thanks
Posted By: KillerBeee Re: Maple syrup - 05/17/16
Got mine yesterday and have yet to open it but looking forward to some delicious breakfasts and perhaps make some treats too.

Thanks Danny
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 05/17/16
Thanks goes to all you guys,shipped out over 200 boxes this year to the members here and hope to do at least that next year.
Posted By: tal35 Re: Maple syrup - 05/17/16
Got any left? Payment terms?
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 05/18/16
Gallon jugs left,about 15 or so.
Posted By: milespatton Re: Maple syrup - 05/18/16
Finally got around to tasting mine. Good Stuff. Ya might need to send another gallon. PM coming you way. miles
Posted By: tal35 Re: Maple syrup - 05/18/16
I will take a gallon if you can do paypal
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 05/19/16
Cash,check or m.o
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 05/27/16
Still have some gallon jugs left. $53.75 shipped
Posted By: KenMi Re: Maple syrup - 05/30/16
PM sent for another gallon.
Posted By: smokinggun Re: Maple syrup - 05/30/16
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 05/31/16
Originally Posted by smokinggun

PM didn't come through but you're good for a gallon.
Posted By: KenMi Re: Maple syrup - 06/06/16
Bump for an excellent product from a great guy. If you don't have any yet, better hurry. It's going to be a long time till next maple sap season. You won't regret it.
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 06/08/16
I still have about 10 gallon jugs and since I had a local guy back out I have (12) 1/2 gallons available.
Posted By: Nebo Re: Maple syrup - 06/09/16
I'll take a gallon....PM sent for payment info.
Thanks!
Posted By: Nebo Re: Maple syrup - 06/20/16
Payment sent for 3 more 1/2 gals.

Thanks!
Posted By: Nebo Re: Maple syrup - 06/26/16
Received both shipments, and tried it for breakfast today.

This is great stuff!

Thanks Again!
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 06/27/16
Good to hear. There will be more next year,this year's supply has gotten down to 7 1/2 gallon jugs and 5 whole gallons. Thanks all that have purchased.
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 07/18/16
Anyone run out yet? I still have some 1/2 and gallons left.
Posted By: Taco2fiddy7 Re: Maple syrup - 07/18/16
Whats the shipped 1/2 cost? Saw about $54 for a gallon
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 07/18/16
$20 for 1/2 gal plus $13.45 medium flat rate shipping. I can fit 2 of the 1/2 gal in a medium box or 3 in a large which is $18.75
Posted By: Taco2fiddy7 Re: Maple syrup - 07/25/16
Just got mine. Don't think I'd ever had pure maple syrup before. It's different, in a good way, and delicious.

Thanks
Posted By: Jerry/AK Re: Maple syrup - 07/26/16
Tastes great in my morning coffee!
Posted By: milespatton Re: Maple syrup - 07/26/16
Danny, just to let you know. I took some to the
Quemado gathering where KRP cooked french toast one morning. Everybody that I talked to, really enjoyed it. I gave a 1/2 gallon to my youngest girl, and She said it was the best syrup that She ever had. Back to Quemado, I sent what was left home with my new Friend Mike, that came with Randy from South Louisiana. He really bragged it up and said that He could get nothing like that at home. Your reputation is spreading, in a good way. I just wish that I could eat more sweets. Thanks for putting out a good product and for your fast service. miles
Posted By: Roost1 Re: Maple syrup - 07/26/16
I wouild be interested in (2) 1/2 gals if you still have some. PM payment info please.
Posted By: Roost1 Re: Maple syrup - 07/26/16
I wouild be interested in (2) 1/2 gals if you still have some. PM payment info please.
Posted By: hanco Re: Maple syrup - 07/26/16
Suger's sweet and so's maple surple
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 07/30/16
Originally Posted by milespatton
Danny, just to let you know. I took some to the
Quemado gathering where KRP cooked french toast one morning. Everybody that I talked to, really enjoyed it. I gave a 1/2 gallon to my youngest girl, and She said it was the best syrup that She ever had. Back to Quemado, I sent what was left home with my new Friend Mike, that came with Randy from South Louisiana. He really bragged it up and said that He could get nothing like that at home. Your reputation is spreading, in a good way. I just wish that I could eat more sweets. Thanks for putting out a good product and for your fast service. miles

Thanks for spreading it out there. There will be plenty more in the spring. Right now all that is left is 4 gallon jugs and 4 1/2 gallon jugs.
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 07/30/16
Originally Posted by Roost1

Your's shipped this morning,thanks
Posted By: byc Re: Maple syrup - 07/30/16
Danny--I'll take 2 of the half gallons if still available.

Thanks---David
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 08/10/16
Still a little left,next batch will be in the spring.
4 gallon jugs left,all other is gone. Thanks all
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 08/18/16
4 gallon jugs left $35+$18.75 flat rate shipping. Plan for hunting camp and the winter. Next batch will be in the spring.
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 08/22/16
Have 3 gallon jugs left.
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 09/06/16
up
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 09/21/16
Have 3 gallons left. Will be putting up new post in the spring of 17.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Maple syrup - 09/21/16
"My cabinet space is full of syrup" bump smile
Posted By: J257 Re: Maple syrup - 09/21/16
I'll take some. PM inbound
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Maple syrup - 09/22/16
Now Mark you'd better get to drinking.
© 24hourcampfire