Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
The other thread is buried in the classifieds. There's enough politicking here we need something different for a change. Shout out to DANNYL for the great maple.

Little over a year ago (February '15) DANNYL posted an ad in the classifieds that he would be making maple syrup again in a year (February '16). I messaged him and got my name in for a gallon.

Today it arrived. It's delicious. I don't always make breakfast but when I do it involves everything bad for you and of course lots o' syrup!! Thanks for shipping the maple to my table, DANNYL. Hope you get more business than you can handle!! laugh

Classifieds thread (I'm far from the only happy customer): http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/9836350/11

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I got mine yesterday, made French toast for breakfast this morning.

Wow! What a difference!

Pancakes in the morning!

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Honest to God Maple syrup makes that store bought stuff look like the junk it is! First few years after I got out of the Army I helped Dad make it. If I remember right, it takes about 55 or 60 gallons of sap to get one gallon of syrup. I know it varies from area to area, but that was our average. It's a work intensive project unless you've got a big operation.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

W
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
Drizzle on vanilla ice cream

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks guys for the compliments. It is very hard,hot and long hours. We have boiled about 15 hours a day for the past 17 days. Hard to believe the weather has been in our favor. My brother and I have what some would call a small setup but we're happy with it. It's a 31/2'x9' with a piggyback (steam away)We will make over 300 gallons this year. I had 140 orders from the fire and want to thank all. It is also good to help people that don't have access to real syrup,many have never even tasted it.

IC B2

G
G23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I received my order yesterday and had to fix pancakes for dinner just to try it out. First time ever for true maple syrup, not the store bought stuff. Now I know what I've been missing. Great stuff. I see an annual order from now on.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
We really enjoy Danny's syrup. While I hope he sells all he can produce, I hope he doesn't get so swamped with orders that he can't get me some next year! Great stuff - thanks Danny.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Mine should be here in a few days, I cant wait to give it a taste!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Best, we've ever had!

We've got some stockpiled and some quarts for gifts for only the very deserving... smile

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jaytee
Mine should be here in a few days, I cant wait to give it a taste!!

I have some on the way, too. Can't wait to try it.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Received mine yesterday as well. 5 star!

"By the time you realize your father was a smart man, you have a teenager telling you just how stupid you are."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What grade is it?

I actually like the lower grades better, they have more flavor.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
The other thread is buried in the classifieds. There's enough politicking here we need something different for a change. Shout out to DANNYL for the great maple.

Little over a year ago (February '15) DANNYL posted an ad in the classifieds that he would be making maple syrup again in a year (February '16). I messaged him and got my name in for a gallon.

Today it arrived. It's delicious. I don't always make breakfast but when I do it involves everything bad for you and of course lots o' syrup!! Thanks for shipping the maple to my table, DANNYL. Hope you get more business than you can handle!! laugh

Classifieds thread (I'm far from the only happy customer): http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/9836350/11

Agreed!

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BarryC
What grade is it?

I actually like the lower grades better, they have more flavor.

When we first started it was amber then went to dark amber then to robust and now it's coming back in as dark amber. Either way it,s good and smooth. Looks like we may only have a fe good days left before it warms up to much and the tree's will start to bud. We've had 23 boils so far. Started yesterday morning and ended at 3 this morning. I have 6 boxes to send out this morning and then back to the bush.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Got mine today. All I can say is WOW! The only maple syrup I've ever had is the stuff from the grocery or Cracker Barrel that's runny and doesn't have a lot of flavor. This is thicker, darker, and has tons of incredible flavor. No comparison to anything I've ever had. Thank you Danny for giving us the opportunity to get the real stuff!

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
DANNYL....how do I go about ordering a half gallon?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just ordered two 1/2 gal and am making a sourdough starter in anticipation.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
I've used Danny's syrup for 3 years, now.
Can't be beat!
Thanks to you and your brother again, Danny - I'll call you this summer after things slow down - for a good old BS session smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
DannyL are you mixing collections, or are you boiling each collection? If you are boiling single collections your first should be very mild in flavor and gradually getting more maple flavor as the season progresses.

Color grade has more to do with mixing collections and or burning then it does anything else. Flavor wise your most robust maple flavors will come at the end of the season if boiling single batch.

Good Mirco Sugar farmers number their batches. Color will darken through the season. Taste will gradually become strong too.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bigd7378 pm me what you'd like along with your mailing info. We make the syrup as we get the sap,the start of the year it went dark amber then to robust and then back to dark amber and is starting to darken up again as the year comes to a close. We had 28 straight days of boiling with a couple more to go. We have 1700 gallons of sap stored in bulk tanks we have to get done yet which will make our total to around 400 gallons. We are going to get a reverse osmosis for next year,they remove 50-80% of the water from the start which will cut our boiling time way down. Looking forward to your call Mark when things go back to somewhat normal.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

670 members (16gage, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 73 invisible), 2,846 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,063
Posts18,501,295
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.