Home
Posted By: tikkanut Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/12/23
Latest sighting Oct 8th....

Silverton/Durango train passengers get purty good video

I believe...........

Neighbor took a pinterest of some deer a few years go.
When she looked it you can see what appears to be a family of big foots in the background.
Posted By: Westman Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/12/23
I'd like to believe but I'm pretty skeptical.

Dude in a bigfoot suit? If I were going to do a hoax I'd do it where a train full of turons could see me.
Posted By: killerv Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/12/23
I will say if you are ever around Blue Ridge, Ga, stop in the bigfoot museum, its actually pretty cool.
Do i believe there’s things one there that ppl hasn’t seen?

Maybe.

But with the boom of trail cams in the field.. there’s no concrete proof…

Kinda like Panthers in MS…
Posted By: barm Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/12/23
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Do i believe there’s things one there that ppl hasn’t seen?

Maybe.

But with the boom of trail cams in the field.. there’s no concrete proof…

Kinda like Panthers in MS…

Maybe they see the IR emitted by the camera.
And not one person on the train with a quality DSLR to get a clear picture....who would have thunk.
I live just west of the heart of the original Bigfoot country...Bigfoot is REAL alright ....real good for the economy, gas stations, burger joints, campgrounds, pack outfits. Even the US Forest Service got on board naming the 89 mile stretch of Highway 96, "Bigfoot Scenic Byway". When I was young and fit I used to hunt the Siskiyou Wilderness, and I've tripped over a Bigfoot turd or two, they look...to the neophyte, just like a black bear turd...it takes an old sidehill gouger like me to tell the difference.
I keep telling you Bigfoot is a wookie I see him on star wars all the time
BS. With 300,000,000 people walking around with cell phone cameras, why isn't there a single non-faked picture of it?
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Posted By: TimZ Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/12/23
Lets say for the sake of argument Bigfoot is real.......In order to have a sustaining population there would need to be at least a population of 32-40 of them, in other words males, females, juveniles and adults. How much would they need to eat to maintain a body weight of 300-400 ibs? That's a whole lot of vegetation......

But yet, never a body or skeleton found? I don't believe there's anything out there that hasn't been seen by a hunter, hiker, or logger......
People have seen "something", and since physical evidence is seemingly very lacking, it very well could be meta-physical, i.e inter-dimensional, etc. Physicists say there are ten, maybe 11 Dimensions, only four which can be known. Who's to say? Just saying, I like to stay open minded. I will say, if I "saw" one, I would not haul-off and shoot it unless I was threatened. Since I am always "edgy" in bear country (not afraid mind you, just edgy! ha) I am always set on "go", ha. What an adventure this short life is!
So this creature that is SO elusive that hunters have never killed one and a dead one has never been found is caught unaware by a train passing within a few hundred feet, then suddenly realizes "oh, I better hide."

That clip appears to be staged and it has got to be a man in a bigfoot costume. If there was something around for relative scale, I might be convinced it was actually eight feet tall...but, nope.
Originally Posted by TimZ
Lets say for the sake of argument Bigfoot is real.......In order to have a sustaining population there would need to be at least a population of 32-40 of them, in other words males, females, juveniles and adults. How much would they need to eat to maintain a body weight of 300-400 ibs? That's a whole lot of vegetation......

But yet, never a body or skeleton found? I don't believe there's anything out there that hasn't been seen by a hunter, hiker, or logger......
If you read alot of eyewitness reports, this creature appears and disappears like magic. I agree with Jim Knight that they could be interdimensional beings. I think the problem is most people assume that it is a lesser evolved ape. It is more likely we are interacting with a more advanced being. Just some food for thought.
Looks baggy around the legs. Suit of some sort.
An undiscovered 8’ tall 500+ lb primate living with all it’s relatives in the United States? Sure.
In order to have a sustaining population there would need to be at least a population of 32-40 of them, in other words males, females, juveniles and adults.

Think outside the box - maybe they are hermaphrodites.
I'm curious how far away from "civilization" that was filmed.
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/12/23
With a million times more remote cameras, we got no increase in bigfoot or UFO pics.

We did get a million times more black bear pics.

A friend of mine got a video of a black bear taking a dump on his doorstep in the middle of the night.
Posted By: Futura Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/12/23
That was clearly a guy in a suit. You can see the Bigfoot suit wrapping around his calf as he walks.
hunting going on around that area right ? ghillie suit
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/12/23
[Linked Image from pbs.twimg.com]
Posted By: ingwe Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/12/23
Originally Posted by RiverRider
That clip appears to be staged and it has got to be a man in a bigfoot costume.

Yeah and not even a good costume.

If you wanna see creatures like that, Im sure theres a bunch in downtown Denver.
Where's Jag when we need him most? I bet he's got proof.
Growing up in the 70’s was an exciting time. UFO’s and Bigfoot hysteria, hippies and yippies moving out of the cities to the countryside. Strange animal mutilations, crop circles etc. But yet nobody has found a Bigfoot.
And when the west turns orange every fall you would have to think someone, somewhere would have come across one by now. I’m disappointed, I want to believe!
Originally Posted by MrWilson
A guy in a gilly suit.
Posted By: grovey Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/12/23
100% they are real, but the train video is a guy in a suit.
It's bow season.
https://rmsobigfoot.blogspot.com/20...ak0u1lCNTBNURy93w1aWl_utvw4CvtzE0xE6FECc

Pretty interesting photo.
Posted By: las Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/12/23
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
An undiscovered 8’ tall 500+ lb primate living with all it’s relatives in the United States? Sure.

The NBA would be all over that. Almost there.... smile
Color me pretty skeptical.
The fact that there’s no real physical evidence makes me think that way.
Inter-dimensional beings I might buy. My faith tells me that there’s much more to this world and life than my eyes can see. But a sustaining colony of bipedal critters would sooner or later turn up some evidence, especially in North America.
A friend once told me of seeing one while he was archery hunting in Brush Valley. (Around here you’ll hear them called “Skunk Apes” because they’re usually accompanied by a horrible odor.
Anyway,Mike said he was in his tree stand early AM, and he caught the scent of stench before he saw it from 30 yards away.
He was dead serious, and I believe that he saw something, but I wouldn’t guess what.
And yes, come to think of it, dressing up in an ape costume and appearing before a crowd of tourists does sound like a helluva lotta fun! grin
I don’t think I’d try it in hunting season, by I’m sure there are areas that could thrive off of the business!
Reon
Posted By: 21 Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/12/23
Originally Posted by MrWilson

Thats what I see too.
Posted By: MAC Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/12/23
No animal in its natural habitat is that clumsy in its movements. That is a man in a costume.

Bigfoot is a myth. Not one trapper or hunter in the 1800s shot one or found one dead when they were wiping out the beaver, bison, wolf, pronhorn, elk and grizzly? Sorry but I dont buy that
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
Color me pretty skeptical.
The fact that there’s no real physical evidence makes me think that way.
Inter-dimensional beings I might buy. My faith tells me that there’s much more to this world and life than my eyes can see. But a sustaining colony of bipedal critters would sooner or later turn up some evidence, especially in North America.
A friend once told me of seeing one while he was archery hunting in Brush Valley. (Around here you’ll hear them called “Skunk Apes” because they’re usually accompanied by a horrible odor.
Anyway,Mike said he was in his tree stand early AM, and he caught the scent of stench before he saw it from 30 yards away.
He was dead serious, and I believe that he saw something, but I wouldn’t guess what.
And yes, come to think of it, dressing up in an ape costume and appearing before a crowd of tourists does sound like a helluva lotta fun! grin
I don’t think I’d try it in hunting season, by I’m sure there are areas that could thrive off of the business!
Reon

Fulton County calls them skunk apes? Never heard of that. I've had a few " happenings " over here in Franklin County in the 80's. I've also seen tee pee tree structures on SF land near Rainsburg, and Shade Gap.
If someone can zoom in and enhance the video to see if there is a d*ck, I'd like to assume it is just Michelle Obama out hiking.
Originally Posted by MAC
No animal in its natural habitat is that clumsy in its movements. That is a man in a costume.

Bigfoot is a myth. Not one trapper or hunter in the 1800s shot one or found one dead when they were wiping out the beaver, bison, wolf, pronhorn, elk and grizzly? Sorry but I dont buy that
Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone both reported seeing something that we might call a bigfoot.
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/12/23
Daniel Boone shot one that was after his son.
F....No!!!!
What a joke.
Posted By: deflave Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/12/23
I’d believe in bigfoot before I believe that Corona Virus bullschit that 3/4 of the world gobbled up.

LOL
Originally Posted by grovey
100% they are real, but the train video is a guy in a suit.
My thoughts as well.
That’s a guy in a suit.

But there is something out there. My dad saw one. My dad is a Baptist deacon and a lifelong hunter and logger. He has seen every animal we have. He got a good look and was not expecting it. He was not a believer and it was a bit of a shock. It was standing thigh deep in a river about a hundred yards away. When it realized it had been seen, it bounded out of the river in a way no human could ever do and certainly not one in a suit.

Most complete debunking rests on the premises it is an ape. If there is an unknown species, it has to be closer to a man and have very close to our intelligence…maybe even greater in some instances. That is a much more believable proposition. Let’s say one family group has a territory of a couple or three hundred square miles and then they migrate.

Set aside Bigfoot and imagine you had a family of Shawnee Indians who had somehow survived from the 18th century to now living in your county. They were determined to remain hidden and avoid white men. Would you ever see them? No, only if they screwed up. Would they know what a game camera was? No, but they would know enough to avoid it and they would likely know it was there when you wouldn’t think there was any way they could.

If there is something out there, it is not an animal like a bear or even an ape. It’s much more like a man or a different type of man.
Posted By: cs2blue Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/12/23
Ah... Nope.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/12/23
Nope.
I see them in Walmart after midnight on Welfare check day. They seem to have bee partially shaved, but they can't fool me!
Originally Posted by JoeBob
That’s a guy in a suit.

But there is something out there. My dad saw one. My dad is a Baptist deacon and a lifelong hunter and logger. He has seen every animal we have. He got a good look and was not expecting it. He was not a believer and it was a bit of a shock. It was standing thigh deep in a river about a hundred yards away. When it realized it had been seen, it bounded out of the river in a way no human could ever do and certainly not one in a suit.

Most complete debunking rests on the premises it is an ape. If there is an unknown species, it has to be closer to a man and have very close to our intelligence…maybe even greater in some instances. That is a much more believable proposition. Let’s say one family group has a territory of a couple or three hundred square miles and then they migrate.

Set aside Bigfoot and imagine you had a family of Shawnee Indians who had somehow survived from the 18th century to now living in your county. They were determined to remain hidden and avoid white men. Would you ever see them? No, only if they screwed up. Would they know what a game camera was? No, but they would know enough to avoid it and they would likely know it was there when you wouldn’t think there was any way they could.

If there is something out there, it is not an animal like a bear or even an ape. It’s much more like a man or a different type of man.
Ishis relatives??

As far as something knowing a camera was there, it's possible.

Humans are a bunch of noisy fuggers in the woods. If they don't have a motorized rig of some sort half of em wouldn't hunt.

I have killed 2 turkeys that someone had rode very close to while traveling and calling from their 4 wheeler. They hear the wheeler coming and just hide and wait for danger to pass.

Same with a hunter that's just out to put up cameras. He isn't being quiet and stealthy. Half of em couldn't be quiet and sneak up on a critter if they had to. The critter knows the hunter is coming long before the hunter gets there.
I grew up running around in the hills of southern West Virginia and eastern Kentucky, hunting, digging ginseng, picking berries, or just exploring, I had never seen anything that led me to believe in Bigfoot. Several years ago I was driving on a reclaimed strip mine and saw what had to be one, and this thing was absolutely massive and standing upright. I probably only saw it for a few seconds before it went over the hill out of sight but there is nothing else it could have been.
Posted By: MAC Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/12/23
Originally Posted by barm
Originally Posted by MAC

Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone both reported seeing something that we might call a bigfoot.

So what? They were both also known for tall tales. And those so called events were published long after both were dead. Are you really this gullible? Trappers, prospectors and hunters went into every nook and cranny of this land and not one of them ever found a dead one or ever killed one.

Take off the blinders and engage your grey matter
Posted By: MOGC Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/12/23
There is more proof there is a Santa Claus than a Bigfoot. At least every December 25th there are packages under the Christmas tree. Bigfoot leaves no trace of his existence, ever, anywhere, in all of time. He hangs out in the impressionable mind of some people with the aliens and black panthers.
Here in Florida All the guys that mow along the roads both back roads and interstate all carry, and most if not all have all seen something they can't explain and have no qualms about saying so. Here it is reffered to as Skunk Ape the mowing guys all say the same thing that they smell it way before seeing it.
Posted By: fester Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/12/23
I find it hard to believe that every single sighting is a case of mistaken identity or a fabrication of one’s mind. Many, many theories as to what they actually are. Everything from beings from another dimension to fallen angels. Pretty fascinating topic imo.
I myself have never seen one. Nor do I want to see one.
Originally Posted by granitestate1
Here in Florida All the guys that mow along the roads both back roads and interstate all carry, and most if not all have all seen something they can't explain and have no qualms about saying so. Here it is reffered to as Skunk Ape the mowing guys all say the same thing that they smell it way before seeing it.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/12/23
Maybe, in a vast wilderness area. Like UFO's there have been too many credible sightings by law enforcement and military personnel, for it to be a myth or fabricated joke. If BF exists then they are smart, smart enough to bury their dead immediately so no remains have ever been found. But they have left sign deep in the forests from high tree scratching, foot prints, broken sign trees, etc...

I don't think they are common, but the first hunter that kills one will be a very rich man.
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Maybe, in a vast wilderness area. Like UFO's there have been too many credible sightings by law enforcement and military personnel, for it to be a myth or fabricated joke. If BF exists then they are smart, smart enough to bury their dead immediately so no remains have ever been found. But they have left sign deep in the forests from high tree scratching, foot prints, broken sign trees, etc...

I don't think they are common, but the first hunter that kills one will be a very rich man.

STFU, Never Trumper.

You've spent more time in the women's John than you have the out-fugking-doors.

LOL
Posted By: Rogue Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/12/23
I personally know four people that claim to have seen one. Three are absolute idiots, the other admits he was stoned out of his gourd at the time.
Originally Posted by MAC

Nor do I. Consider that here in North America, there have been hunters, trappers, explorers, etc., out in the mountains, forests, and fields for hundreds of years. Not one hunter, etc., of the millions has ever killed a "Bigfoot." I heard it said once -- I think on the old Art Bell radio show -- that Bigfoots are so smart and perceptive they never let a man/woman with a gun or bow and arrows see them. That's why no one has ever killed one and brought it in to a taxidermist.

Think how much money you could make by killing a Bigfoot, having it mounted full body, and traveling around the country charging people $5.00 each to come into the tent or trailer to see a real "honest-to-Pete Bigfoot." Another $5.00 to take a closeup selfie with it. Big bucks, boys and girls, big bucks!

If anyone here ever kills one, PM me and I'll be more than happy to front you money for the taxidermy, a good exhibition trailer, a new Ford F250 to tow it, and publicity money for advertising. Won't take long to recoup my investment, I assure you. laugh

L.W.
Seems like a credible source.

https://www.montanaoutdoor.com/2017/09/colorado-hunter-claims-sexually-assaulted-sasquatch/
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/12/23
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

LOL

57 year old man attacked and attempted rape from Bigfoot, rips his pants off and starting on his underwear....then pulls out a knife(from where ? his azz) and stabs BF in the shoulder.....but no comments on the blood or testing.

He drank a 12 pack lol
Posted By: dpd Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/12/23
NO !!
Big Foot

Hell No

By now we would have real tangible evidence if there were real Big Foots roaming around.

Now, as for The Great Pumpkin, sure there is one. I found his patch.

Posted By: dassa Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/12/23
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
BS. With 300,000,000 people walking around with cell phone cameras, why isn't there a single non-faked picture of it?
Because 299,900,000 of those people never venture into Bigfoot habitat.

I'll say it again - a bowhunter would have seen one by now, deep in the woods. Same for trail cams being set out all over creation, they would have taken a pic of 'Squatch ambling by.
We have cameras that can tell the time on someone's watch form outer space, but none that can catch clear images of Sasquatch or the Loch Ness Monster.
Originally Posted by High_Noon

lolololol
I drank beer with Big Foot back in the 80's.

It was my brother in law, with fake Big Foot feet making tracks for deer hunters and farmers.

It was a hoot back then.
There are a schit ton of trail cam pics of purported bigfoot on the internet. Some are obviously fake, some less so. But no one on this board would ever accept one as a real even if it were. Why? Bigfoot doesn’t exist, of course. Likewise, tons of people have claimed to have shot and killed them. Why didn’t they bring the body in? Well, almost no one can load one up. So it is very much a matter of going out to get help and then coming back. In some instances they are gone when people get back. But usually people get scared if they shoot one. Why? Because they realize they’ve shot a human and are either immediately regretful and/or they are afraid of getting in trouble. Are they full of schit? Some of them no doubt.

The point is on everything from trail cam pics, to killing them, to finding bones, and everything else, there are lots of reports out there. Almost all of them are discounted because no legitimate scientist will even consider them. So it all ends up being some sort of internet lore.

All you have to do is see how Covid was treated to see that scientist simply ignore something that isn’t orthodoxy.

From a legal standard, there is plenty of evidence for a bigfoot. People are under the jails for crimes in which there was only one witness and no physical evidence of the crime.
No need to haul one out whole. Just cut off and take the head.
It will take a body or a head from one to be recognized as real. Photos , footprints , hair , scat , and blood will not suffice.
Glad everyone's having fun with the Bigfoot thread

Yep.....they are out there.....somewhere

[Linked Image from montanaoutdoor.com]
Just an innocent question -with all the people that spend time outdoors hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, and the sheer number of bears, how many skeletons of dead bears been found?
Posted By: TimZ Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/12/23
Lol, according to this thread, they now exist from Florida to Georgia to West Virginia to Colorado to Oregon to Washington state, so my original estimate of a population of 30-40 was clearly way low.

Think about it, if they were really that big, they would need to be out foraging for food at least 10-12 hours a day, and all the guys sitting on a hillside glassing for mule deer or elk or bear or sheep would see them pretty often.
I think that Colorado train video is several years old. Not sure why it surfaced again.

Ron
It’s not just that there are no provable incidental sightings by people who spend most of their lives in the deep woods. There are many groups of people actually actively searching for a bigfoot full time with the latest technology and they have no proof either. Hundreds of people have admitted to faking footprints, vocalizations, and knocking sounds in the forest though.
Posted By: MOGC Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/12/23
Originally Posted by Ohio7x57
I think that Colorado train video is several years old. Not sure why it surfaced again.

Ron

From what I have read the Colorado train is a tourist tour and they "warn" people ahead of time to be on the lookout for Bigfoot because they are entering "Bigfoot territory." I once rode on a train that got robbed by the Jesse James gang. At least that's what the train conductor told us. Somehow I don't think it was so.
In Colorado, Grizzly bears had been considered extirpated, or locally extinct, since 1951, yet in 1979, Ed Wiseman was mauled by a Grizzly near Pagosa Springs, CO. He ended up stabbing the bear with an arrow, killing it.

Big animal, hasn't been seen in 30 years, then one gets killed.
Alaska

Posted By: JeffA Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/12/23
Originally Posted by deltakid
Just an innocent question -with all the people that spend time outdoors hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, and the sheer number of bears, how many skeletons of dead bears been found?

Excellent question!
Originally Posted by Ohio7x57

Ron

Sunday Oct 8th '23

https://www.denverpost.com/2023/10/12/colorado-bigfoot-sighting-narrow-gauge-train/
Posted By: JeffA Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/12/23
It’s not just that there are no provable incidental sightings by people who spend most of their lives in the deep woods. There are many groups of people actually actively searching for a bigfoot full time with the latest technology and they have no proof either.

According to who?

You?

Hundreds of people have admitted to faking footprints, vocalizations, and knocking sounds in the forest though.

Gotta link to any of these admissions of fraud?

Your post appears the most fraudulent of all.
Posted By: RHClark Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/12/23
My grandpa never believed in anything he couldn't see. He swore he once encountered an escaped gorilla in the woods that beat his chest and howled at him and his brother from the other side of a big gully.

Another old man who lived within a few miles claimed a big black bear walked up on 2 legs, grabbed a 300 lb. hog he had and ran off with it under one arm, staying upright on 2 legs all the while. He saw it happen right at dark.
With all the trail cameras in the woods these days, I think if BF were real it would be caught on one by now.
Originally Posted by centershot
With all the trail cameras in the woods these days, I think if BF were real it would be caught on one by now.

There are a schitload of bigfoot trail cam pics on the internet.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...cam-photo-spurs-bigfoot-debate/90301980/
Originally Posted by JeffA
It’s not just that there are no provable incidental sightings by people who spend most of their lives in the deep woods. There are many groups of people actually actively searching for a bigfoot full time with the latest technology and they have no proof either.

According to who?

You?

Hundreds of people have admitted to faking footprints, vocalizations, and knocking sounds in the forest though.

Gotta link to any of these admissions of fraud?

Your post appears the most fraudulent of all.
LOL. You must have proof. Post it up.
Didn’t know we had another Pennsyltuckian on here Brush Valley is just over the ridge from where the turnpike interchange is, to the eastmof 220 busines rout. That big hill behind Sheetz.
I never hunted that area, but my Great Uncle had a farm in Dutch Corner that we hunted often. Being from Pleasemtville, we normally hunted the mountains above Lovely and the Dunnings Creek area. That’s Bedford County.
I’ve heard both Bigfoot and Skink Ape used, but as I said, my friend Mile is the only credible story I ever heard.
I figure he saw something. I won’t venture a guess as to what!
Reon
Thousands upon thousands of eye witness encounters from all walks of life. They are not all liars, idiots, or mistaken.
Thousands upon thousands of eye witness encounters from all walks of life. They are not all liars, idiots, or mistaken.

yep

they are with us..........................
Posted By: EdM Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/12/23
I saw one when I visited the Kokanee Brewery five or so years ago.

Excellent question!

I've found several in the eastern Sierras.

Now, get out there Jeff and find Santa Claus, The Great Pumpkin, and Jimmy Hoffa.
How many human skeletons have you found in the woods?
Most folks don’t know how to be quiet in the woods and are far too noisy. They don’t control scent, movement and the like. Scientists don’t know everything and very few are in the field. History is full of accounts and sightings. Very few have really ventured into watersheds or swamps. The Mississippi Delta was the last place to be settled in our state because of mosquitoes, disease and flooding. The Choctaws used it as hunting grounds. Here they were called Delta devils or skunk apes. Game and Fish swears there’s no panthers here either, but I have heard and seen them. My best friend is a member of a premier hunting club located over the levee by the Mississippi River at the Greenville River Bridge. The club has 35 members and the last membership sold for $600 K. It has many square miles of River bottom. Much of it has never been seen by a human in decades. How much land can 35 members hunt? Licking branches weren’t discovered by scientists but a hunter. Recent edition of Smithsonian had a new firefly discovered in New Jersey. Too much credible evidence for Bigfoot out there. There are some YouTubes of one spotted on the Mississippi River at a hunting club north of Tunica. Look for it. Sure looks like a Bigfoot to me.
There’s been a life sized metal outline in the woods on the upper end of a trout stream I fish for yrs.I always forget about it and have a WTF moment 😂
How many human skeletons have you found in the woods?

One, when I was 13 and hunting in Elko County. It was a Basque sheep herder that had gone lost five years before.
Someone post up a blurry picture of a brown blob.
If Bigfoot doesn’t exist then who fathered Michelle Obummer and Serena Williams. I say that’s proof enough.
Put my name down in the nonbeliever list.
There are literally probably a million trail cams in use all over the country as I type this but not one has taken a CLEAR image of one yet. Dont know about you but I have hundreds of crystal clear trail cam and regular camera pictures of deer, bear, coyotes etc etc, but every pic ive seen purportedly showing "bigfoot" are blurry or otherwise obscured. In the hundreds of years hunters and trappers have been roaming America not one has been harvested nor a carcass found. Not to mention that none have been struck by a car/train etc. Believe many of the "eyewitnesses" have seen "something", maybe a glipse of a bear etc etc but not a Sasquatch! As an example, how many non hunters are aware that there are color phase black bears that arent black. This could explain seeing parts of something large and brown or cinnamon color moving through the thick in a non grizz area etc. Also in the morning or evening low light how many times have we as hunters spotted something we just "knew" was a deer etc only to have the coming daylight show it to be tree, stump etc etc!
Originally Posted by marktheshark
There are literally probably a million trail cams in use all over the country as I type this but not one has taken a CLEAR image of one yet. Dont know about you but I have hundreds of crystal clear trail cam and regular camera pictures of deer, bear, coyotes etc etc, but every pic ive seen purportedly showing "bigfoot" are blurry or otherwise obscured. In the hundreds of years hunters and trappers have been roaming America not one has been harvested nor a carcass found. Not to mention that none have been struck by a car/train etc. Believe many of the "eyewitnesses" have seen "something", maybe a glipse of a bear etc etc but not a Sasquatch! As an example, how many non hunters are aware that there are color phase black bears that arent black. This could explain seeing parts of something large and brown or cinnamon color moving through the thick in a non grizz area etc. Also in the morning or evening low light how many times have we as hunters spotted something we just "knew" was a deer etc only to have the coming daylight show it to be tree, stump etc etc!
NO NO NO! There is proof all over the internet! Thousands of pictures I tell you! Thousands of credible eyewitness sightings! Bigfoot is real, he’s just shy.
Ya !!! And the Detroit Lions are going to win the Super Bowl!!!!!!
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/13/23
NO NO NO! There is proof all over the internet! Thousands of pictures I tell you! Thousands of credible eyewitness sightings! Bigfoot is real, he’s just shy.

If someone took a picture of a dead one laid out in the bed of a truck, you wouldn’t believe it.
Originally Posted by carrollco
Most folks don’t know how to be quiet in the woods and are far too noisy. They don’t control scent, movement and the like. Scientists don’t know everything and very few are in the field. History is full of accounts and sightings. Very few have really ventured into watersheds or swamps. The Mississippi Delta was the last place to be settled in our state because of mosquitoes, disease and flooding. The Choctaws used it as hunting grounds. Here they were called Delta devils or skunk apes. Game and Fish swears there’s no panthers here either, but I have heard and seen them. My best friend is a member of a premier hunting club located over the levee by the Mississippi River at the Greenville River Bridge. The club has 35 members and the last membership sold for $600 K. It has many square miles of River bottom. Much of it has never been seen by a human in decades. How much land can 35 members hunt? Licking branches weren’t discovered by scientists but a hunter. Recent edition of Smithsonian had a new firefly discovered in New Jersey. Too much credible evidence for Bigfoot out there. There are some YouTubes of one spotted on the Mississippi River at a hunting club north of Tunica. Look for it. Sure looks like a Bigfoot to me.

I wouldn't doubt what there are still tribes of people in the Amazon that haven't been discovered.

If someone took a picture of a dead one laid out in the bed of a truck, you wouldn’t believe it.

Yes I would. A picture of a bigfoot would prove they exist.
Posted By: barm Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/13/23
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by MAC

So what? They were both also known for tall tales. And those so called events were published long after both were dead. Are you really this gullible? Trappers, prospectors and hunters went into every nook and cranny of this land and not one of them ever found a dead one or ever killed one.

I would bet you have not read one book on the subject in which you pretend to be an expert. Teddy Roosevelt wrote in the "Wilderness Hunter" about a mountain man who said exactly what you say never happened. Do some research on the subject. There are newspaper articles dating back to the 1680's and into the 1900's talking about bigfoot, wildmen, and giants. The Native Americans have known of their existence long before a white man ever set foot on this land. Sasquatch is probably one the easiest things to prove if you look into it.

You say the events concerning Boone and Crockett are somehow are meaningless. How do events published after someone dies discredit what is said? The New Testament was written after Jesus was dead, so by your reasoning I guess he did not exist or rise from the dead?

Here is the truth. The powerful elites have controlled what we see and what we hear and what we read for a long time. Would Fox News or CNN have to tell you that Sasquatch are real? How about a college professor? Or better yet, how about one of those 3-letter government agencies? They have a great track record for telling the truth in recent times, i.e. Kennedy's Assassination, Weapons of Mass Destruction, The 911 Report, Covid 19. We have been conditioned to seek answers from the places that the elites control. We are led around by the nose given just enough grain and theater to keep us from getting too upset. We are always in an endless loop of war with some enemy to unite us all. We are always divided (Republican/Democrat, Black/White, Pro-Life/Pro-Choice, Stand for the anthem/kneel for the anthem). They don't want us to like or talk to each other. Otherwise we would unite and go to each other for answers/solutions instead of them.

Imagine if the person you trusted the most in this world came to you and said they saw a Sasquatch. Would you call them gullible? Would you question their grey matter? If you did, you are merely doing what you have been programmed to do. Conditioned to laugh and make fun of anyone who disagrees with what you have been taught. We the people have the power not them.

Here is another thing to consider. What if there is another being on this planet who shares DNA with humans, does not need fire or clothing to survive, can travel anywhere on this planet, does not pay taxes, or swear an allegiance to any country? Don't you think those who control us would hate for that to come out? We wouldn't need them, would we? We have been fooled and tricked into forgetting why we are here, what we can really do, and who is really in charge. A Great Awakening is happening and many things are coming to light. Keep an open mind and don't let them turn us against each other.
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

I wouldn't doubt what there are still tribes of people in the Amazon that haven't been discovered.

Comparing the Amazon to America is like comparing Fetterman or Biden to an Astrophysicist!!!
Posted By: LBP Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/13/23

As far as the 300-400 lbs body weight I can ask a couple girls I know! 😁

Why would a picture prove they exist? The Patterson film is pretty damned definitive and you don’t believe that.
Posted By: JeffA Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/13/23
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Excellent question!

Pics or it never happened..
Two-for-one:

Why would a picture prove they exist? The Patterson film is pretty damned definitive and you don’t believe that.
Well I was assuming if someone had one laid out in the bed of there truck, there would be some sort of official record or scientific follow up. Proof if you will. The Patterson film is likely fake. Maybe not. Who knows. Gonna need proof to find out.
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by MAC

I would bet you have not read one book on the subject in which you pretend to be an expert. Teddy Roosevelt wrote in the "Wilderness Hunter" about a mountain man who said exactly what you say never happened. Do some research on the subject. There are newspaper articles dating back to the 1680's and into the 1900's talking about bigfoot, wildmen, and giants. The Native Americans have known of their existence long before a white man ever set foot on this land. Sasquatch is probably one the easiest things to prove if you look into it.

You say the events concerning Boone and Crockett are somehow are meaningless. How do events published after someone dies discredit what is said? The New Testament was written after Jesus was dead, so by your reasoning I guess he did not exist or rise from the dead?

Here is the truth. The powerful elites have controlled what we see and what we hear and what we read for a long time. Would Fox News or CNN have to tell you that Sasquatch are real? How about a college professor? Or better yet, how about one of those 3-letter government agencies? They have a great track record for telling the truth in recent times, i.e. Kennedy's Assassination, Weapons of Mass Destruction, The 911 Report, Covid 19. We have been conditioned to seek answers from the places that the elites control. We are led around by the nose given just enough grain and theater to keep us from getting too upset. We are always in an endless loop of war with some enemy to unite us all. We are always divided (Republican/Democrat, Black/White, Pro-Life/Pro-Choice, Stand for the anthem/kneel for the anthem). They don't want us to like or talk to each other. Otherwise we would unite and go to each other for answers/solutions instead of them.

Imagine if the person you trusted the most in this world came to you and said they saw a Sasquatch. Would you call them gullible? Would you question their grey matter? If you did, you are merely doing what you have been programmed to do. Conditioned to laugh and make fun of anyone who disagrees with what you have been taught. We the people have the power not them.

Here is another thing to consider. What if there is another being on this planet who shares DNA with humans, does not need fire or clothing to survive, can travel anywhere on this planet, does not pay taxes, or swear an allegiance to any country? Don't you think those who control us would hate for that to come out? We wouldn't need them, would we? We have been fooled and tricked into forgetting why we are here, what we can really do, and who is really in charge. A Great Awakening is happening and many things are coming to light. Keep an open mind and don't let them turn us against each other.
Excellent post.
Once again, a bunch of blurry photos that don't show anything. Just some guy in a ghillie suit taking a crap out in the grass. I wonder how long it took them to find grass the same color as the suit.

Comparing the Amazon to America is like comparing Fetterman or Biden to an Astrophysicist!!!
Plenty of untouched wilderness in the NW.
Posted By: grovey Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/13/23

Well I was assuming if someone had one laid out in the bed of there truck, there would be some sort of official record or scientific follow up. Proof if you will. The Patterson film is likely fake. Maybe not. Who knows. Gonna need proof to find out.

What a dumbf**k... you would piss your pants like everybody else.

If someone laid one dead in the back of a pickup, it would end up rotting to bones becore they got a reputable scientist to look at it. None would dare.

You could drive to the Smithsonian and dump it out on the front steps and they would step over every day while issuing statements ridiculing anyone who tried to look at it.

If someone laid one dead in the back of a pickup, it would end up rotting to bones becore they got a reputable scientist to look at it. None would dare.

You could drive to the Smithsonian and dump it out on the front steps and they would step over every day while issuing statements ridiculing anyone who tried to look at it.

Really? Ok.
Posted By: MAC Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/13/23

I have found 3. I have also found a mountain lion skeleton.
Posted By: tdoyka Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/13/23
Bigfoot, when i see it, i'll say yes.

you can see stone age people if you travel to the North Sentinel Island in the Indian Ocean. if you are a Christain missionary, they will like you.
Untouched but not unseen. A barrage of hikers and hunters cover much of it every year. The entire states of OR and WA combined cover about 270,000 square miles. Just the rainforest part of the Amazon basin covers 2,600,000 square miles. There are likely still tribes of people in there that haven't been discovered. The wildest parts of the PNW are a city park in comparison.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/13/23
When I hang one on a gambrel I will believe, 'til then I am pretty sure they are a townie fantasy.

Where?
Originally Posted by MAC

Found a few of those!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: MAC Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/13/23
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by MAC

I would bet you have not read one book on the subject in which you pretend to be an expert. Teddy Roosevelt wrote in the "Wilderness Hunter" about a mountain man who said exactly what you say never happened.

You are an IDIOT! When TR was told that story he was considered an Eastern Rube from NY on a hunting trip. He was told a campfire tale.

The bottom line is for more than a half a century large numbers of professional killers roamed this nation trapping and killing everything they found. And not one ever killed one of these things! Not one! Nobody found a skeleton! There is not one scrap of hide! Not one piece of actual hard evidence. Campfire tales and you are too damn dumb to grasp that.

In order for these damn things to exist there would have to be a viable breeding population and that means there would have to be well over 100 at any one time to prevent inbreeding. So where are the damn things? They exist in your imagination. Period! You are an East Coast Moron. I grew up in the Rocky Mountains and there is no way these things are there and avoid all the hunters, ranchers, sheep herders etc... on a yearly basis without someone shooting one.
Mac is right. If Bigfoot had existed, one of the old time hunters like Ben Lilly would have bagged several of them.

Not to mention the millions of trail cameras posted ALL Over AMERICA. And still not one REAL photo. Not one.
Originally Posted by MAC

Found a few of those!
[Linked Image]

Starvation isn't pretty.

Excellent question!

You're an idiot. In 67 years of hunting A Lot I've seen many things. WTH would I carry a heavy camera around in 1959 or 1975 or in 1982, or 1991...? I wasn't out there to show off what I killed.

Stupid mofo comment.
Posted By: longarm Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/13/23

I sure wish that were true. It isn't.
Posted By: GeoW Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/13/23
Originally Posted by killerv
I will say if you are ever around Blue Ridge, Ga, stop in the bigfoot museum, its actually pretty cool.
Once worked with a few of the Blue Ridge folks. Pretty sure they were in close contact with BF.
Originally Posted by Stickfight

Where?

North Cascades for 1 as well as the rest of the Cascade range on south into the Sierras.

The rugged Olympic mountains bordered by the dense old growth rainforests of the Olympics are another.

There are still, as unbelievable as it is to some, areas of the Mountain West that have never had a (European) footprint touch that ground. There are still areas of our country that are virtually impenetrable and unreachable by “normal” expeditions or adventure seekers.

Google earth gives couch-riding outdoorsmen and National Geographic channel “explorers” the false impression that we’ve seen it all and that the world really isn’t as big as it seems. So while the jumbo jet has shown us that the world is accessible it’s the Cessna that provides actual proof of just how big the world really is. You can’t fathom the vastness of some places from your living room window and you can’t claim the wilderness conquered from your Forest Service trailhead…

I don’t know whether Sasquatch exists but I know men whom I trust implicitly that have had experiences that they swear are true and I believe them. I’ve seen cell phone pictures taken the day before of tracks in the Mount Baker area and I know that the emotion shown during its retelling to me was genuine. I’m open to the possibility that something exists. I’m not open to the argument that they don’t exist because there’s nowhere for them to hide.
Aces
The North Cascades... Are so 'wild' that you have to wait in line to reserve a permit to camp there. Same with much of the Sierras.
To imagine that there are still drainages etc that have not been explored is fantasy. Don't get me wrong, I wish it were true.. unfortunately it just is not.

To the larger question of Bigfoot being real.. certainly seems to be real in the human psyche. European and native American.
I too have known more than one old timer who had an incredible story. Something they couldn't account for, And neither can I.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Untouched but not unseen. A barrage of hikers and hunters cover much of it every year. The entire states of OR and WA combined cover about 270,000 square miles. Just the rainforest part of the Amazon basin covers 2,600,000 square miles. There are likely still tribes of people in there that haven't been discovered. The wildest parts of the PNW are a city park in comparison.

Beat me to it.
Posted By: Jericho Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/13/23
My room mate in FT Hood,TX woke up beside one once. Im glad I wasnt there to witness that.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/13/23
Originally Posted by longarm
Aces
The North Cascades... Are so 'wild' that you have to wait in line to reserve a permit to camp there. Same with much of the Sierras.
To imagine that there are still drainages etc that have not been explored is fantasy. Don't get me wrong, I wish it were true.. unfortunately it just is not.

To the larger question of Bigfoot being real.. certainly seems to be real in the human psyche. European and native American.
I too have known more than one old timer who had an incredible story. Something they couldn't account for, And neither can I.

I tend to agree with you longarm, but still think there are a few relatively undisturbed (by modern humans) in some of those areas where permits are "needed" to go for a hike. A fairly large majority of the types using those popular routes stick to them. There's the oddball fisherman/climber/hunter that will go off trail for their particular reasons. That said, there sure are a whole lot more folks out there, with more cameras at the ready, than there were when I was running around in the Sierras..

I'm like you guys too, in that having lived in areas that supposedly hold populations of the squatches, I've run across a fella or two who worked remotely and had some experiences they'd prefer to never have again. And I think there was one, who like renegade and his haint, who would never go back to the particular location where he saw something.

I have a tendency to think these things might be unprovable in normal terms.
Haven’t several small planes crashed in the pnw over the past few decades that have not been found ? I think a dedicated person could remain undetected living out there. Why not a primate that is more like us than apes ? Dunno , but an interesting thought and would be something if they do exist.
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Aces

I tend to agree with you longarm, but still think there are a few relatively undisturbed (by modern humans) in some of those areas where permits are "needed" to go for a hike. A fairly large majority of the types using those popular routes stick to them. There's the oddball fisherman/climber/hunter that will go off trail for their particular reasons. That said, there sure are a whole lot more folks out there, with more cameras at the ready, than there were when I was running around in the Sierras..

I'm like you guys too, in that having lived in areas that supposedly hold populations of the squatches, I've run across a fella or two who worked remotely and had some experiences they'd prefer to never have again. And I think there was one, who like renegade and his haint, who would never go back to the particular location where he saw something.

I have a tendency to think these things might be unprovable in normal terms.

Excellent post.
Posted By: bcp Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/13/23
Interesting story:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidb...d-anthropological-fraud/?sh=4a9510f14d25

Bruce
Originally Posted by LBP
As far as the 300-400 lbs body weight I can ask a couple girls I know! 😁

Jebus, man
Surveyors, prospectors, timber cruisers, rockhounds, hunters of every type- cats, bears, elk, sheep, deer, mushrooms, birds, etc, fur trappers, thru-hikers, Rock scramblers and mountain climbers, botanists (ever read about some of the hikes that David Douglas went on? How about that poor bugger John Day?), desperados and the men that chased them, snowmobilers, ice climbers, etc etc etc. The list is nearly endless.

As dear and important to our Western psyches as true wilderness is, I believe ALL of the PNW has been walked on. Sure there are some small pockets that are less often visited.. and even less often than that talked about by the guys that regularly hunt them, but still..

Geno, More than 40 years ago I was getting out the old 1950s topos of our beloved High Sierras and looking specifically for small lakes that had no name and no trail associated. I'd spend a couple of weeks each summer building a x-country loop trail of my own to visit these places. If *I* was doing it... Well... I'm sure it wasn't the only fella that came up with the idea.
Joe Biden has seen The Bigfoot

sniffed and groped it too !

real photo, not photoshopped

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

It is. Thanks for sharing.
laugh
Surveyors, prospectors, timber cruisers, rockhounds, hunters of every type- cats, bears, elk, sheep, deer, mushrooms, birds, etc, fur trappers, thru-hikers, Rock scramblers and mountain climbers, botanists (ever read about some of the hikes that David Douglas went on? How about that poor bugger John Day?), desperados and the men that chased them, snowmobilers, ice climbers, etc etc etc. The list is nearly endless.

As dear and important to our Western psyches as true wilderness is, I believe ALL of the PNW has been walked on. Sure there are some small pockets that are less often visited.. and even less often than that talked about by the guys that regularly hunt them, but still..

Geno, More than 40 years ago I was getting out the old 1950s topos of our beloved High Sierras and looking specifically for small lakes that had no name and no trail associated. I'd spend a couple of weeks each summer building a x-country loop trail of my own to visit these places. If *I* was doing it... Well... I'm sure it wasn't the only fella that came up with the idea.
50 + years ago our Explorer post leader was taking our groups overland because the Muir trail was too crowded. Saw some cool territory that way too. One place he took us too was up a scree slope steep enough we were grabbing scrub trees and each others' legs to pull ourselves up the next step.

Almost every time I climb up somewhere I think maybe no one (since the Injuns) has been, I end up disappointed and finding a candy wrapper or a sardine tin from 50 years ago.

I keep holding out hope, and maybe one day I'll find that special spot...........and a .................................BIGFOOT!
See what I mean? "Geno was here" scratched into a tree everywhere I went!
Aces

It’s bigger than a campground. 😉
Bigfoot is real, David Letterman ran this story decades ago with actual footage of a retired couple capturing these images with a movie camera…

TFF…..the Letterman footage was cause for decades of spirited debate but in 2010 it was proved to be a fake. The Bigfoot on video in the Letterman video wasn’t really a Bigfoot…just a super realistic fake. 😉

Excellent question!

You're an idiot. In 67 years of hunting A Lot I've seen many things. WTH would I carry a heavy camera around in 1959 or 1975 or in 1982, or 1991...? I wasn't out there to show off what I killed.

Stupid mofo comment.

Alcohol driven excuse...

Tip another one...

Excellent question!

Stupid mofo comment.

Alcohol driven excuse...

Tip another one...

Projection, nothing but projection.

You really are a fool.
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Excellent question!

Stupid mofo comment.

Alcohol driven excuse...

Tip another one...

Projection, nothing but projection.

You really are a fool.

That's OK, I'll leave the all night alcohol binges up to you, carry on.
Aces

The non hunting public can't comprehend the way hunters of today use extreme optics to scour country and with the massive use of trail cams in use today, the thought of even a few specimens the size of this imaginary creature living completely unseen and unphotographed is simply ludicrous in my opinion.
That's very clearly James Brown, signature flat hair and sunglasses.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
The truth is that Bigfoot exist only to those that want to believe. No different than Santa Clause or the Easter Bunny…
Posted By: deflave Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/13/23
Originally Posted by shrapnel
The truth is that Bigfoot exist only to those that want to believe. No different than Santa Clause or the Easter Bunny…

If Bigfeet existed, shrap would have two on his wall.
Meh…in my part of the world it would be easier now for a large animal to go unnoticed than at any point in the last 150 years. People always talk about development and lack of habitat. Bull, more habitat for almost everything than in a long time.

Practically every square inch of land where I live was once planted in cotton and corn and there was a house every 40 or 80 acres. There weren’t any trees to speak of. Look at old pics from the 1890s from places like Ohio and other places in the east that are densely wooded. There weren’t any trees. Why? Because they burned wood and coal for heat and cooking. Anyway, all the little farms are gone where I live and timber companies own most of that land. A 200 acre pine plantation is impenetrable for most of its life. There won’t be a human set foot in one for years on end. A herd of elephants could go unnoticed and unseen in one. An elephant could walk by a trail camera and you wouldn’t see him if he didn’t walk out into the open.

And people? There aren’t any people outside anymore except for a few months of the year during hunting season. At least not like there used to be. Even when I was a kid, there were the old men and kids who were always out driving the logging roads and trapping and such. Not these days. You can’t give away hides. The gates are all locked. The old men are all dead. Rural life these days for most is just a more inconvenient version of suburban and urban life. People work a lot and stay on the internet a lot.

We have more varmints, deer, bears, cats, hogs and everything else than we’ve ever had and they are all mostly unbothered for most of the year.
Looked like a loose fitting costume . “Pants” were flopping around.
Depends. What did she say?
Posted By: minengr Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/13/23
Bigfoot is naturally blurry. That's why there are no good photo's.
Posted By: Westman Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/13/23
Just curious... if you did see one why would you want to shoot it?
Apparently for the same reason that hunters want the biggest and best of any species on the wall. This would be the biggest, the best, and the onlyest.
Never finding any skeletal remains nor clear pictures in all the years searching for Bigfoot/Sasquatch/Yeti should be proof enough of their non-existance.
Posted By: grovey Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/13/23
I'm sure it's just a conspiracy theory. Lord knows they're never true.
Posted By: Westman Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/13/23
Apparently for the same reason that hunters want the biggest and best of any species on the wall. This would be the biggest, the best, and the onlyest.

Can you imagine the hew and cry from the bunny hugger crowd? It would be deafening.
Posted By: TimZ Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/13/23
[quote=MAC][quote=barm]

Oh boy.....So there is an army of Bigfoots (Bigfeet?) out there that the Gov't is hiding from us? Got it.

Unless these things have all been signed up for high-quality Obamacare, sooner or later one of them is going to die.......

I will be waiting.
You're expecting me to believe that in 300 years not a single one has been treed by a pack of hounds? Come on. There's not a bear sized monkey living on the fringes of civilization.

That said, there is SOMETHING there. Nearly every culture around the world has legends about hairy wild men living in the forest.

Is it a genetic memory from a distant time when there actually were other hominids living alongside us or are they interdimensional beings of some sort? I don't know. There are many things in this reality we don't fully understand or comprehend.
Posted By: dassa Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/13/23
Some of y'all should study up on logical fallacies.
So many seem quick to deny the existence of something they know little or nothing about.

It's not as if they claim for it to have been seen walking on water or rising from the dead.

They are just out there layin' low and doing the stuff that they do.
If you do shoot one and need to keep the tree huggers off your back, remember to shout out “it’s coming right for us“ before you shoot.

I live in Southwest Montana about 13 miles from the Idaho state line. There is actually a Bigfoot book with the setting a few miles from my house. So prime Bigfoot country.

This is a true story. Two months ago my nephew and I hiked a few miles back into the wilderness area. No one else around. We spent a few hours in the middle of the night with my thermal scope looking around from a great vantage point. We saw zero Bigfoot.

Because someone "walked" there at one point in time doesn't mean that Bigfoot doesn't exist. What if it was hiding from that person that walked there at one point in time or what if it was a mile away from where someone walked at one point in time?

Hunters have walked past way more than one smart old buck that was bedded a few feet away.

I really lean on the side of skeptical that they exist even with all the reported encounters but saying something doesn't exist because a human walked through it's habitat is not much of an argument.

For me, it was eye opening when I flew in a plane over the Rockies for the first time at 35,000 feet. We humans are mere spec's on this planet.
Bigfoot, and the Loc Ness monster are next door neighbors.
It’s the eyewitness reports. And unlike other things like UFOs so many of them are entirely unambiguous. These people absolutely certain in what the saw. When you have that many otherwise trustworthy and credible people who say they saw something and the reports are so consistent in details, I’m simply not arrogant enough to say that all of them are liars, idiots, or wrong.
Why would American natives call them skunk apes? There are no apes of any kind north of central America. What would they be comparing them to?
Posted By: TimZ Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/13/23
So many seem quick to deny the existence of something they know little or nothing about.

It's not as if they claim for it to have been seen walking on water or rising from the dead.

LOL, I would suggest to you there is a very good reason we know little or nothing about them......
I like to think that I keep an open mind, hence my question about bear skeletons. The bear population is relatively high, but few skeletons have been found. Also concerning cameras, why is it that, every time the cops are looking for a suspect, the video they show is so blurred that it would be impossible to recognize anyone. Finally, it was not that long ago that Diane Fosse discovered the latest version of the gorilla. Even though it was in Africa, it still existed for quite some time before being discovered. Is there a Bigfoot-don't know but I have smelled some awful weird smells out in the woods that were not identifiable.
Posted By: greydog Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/13/23
There was a purportedly legitimate sighting of a sasquatch in Tensed, Idaho, several years ago. A man was leaving the tavern late one night when he saw the female 'squatch crossing the road. Robert Miller said he would have gotten some pictures but his phone battery was dead. He expressed considerable disappointment in the phone, saying the same thing had happened when he had caught and released many trophy sized trout in the nearby Palouse River. Miller also told of shooting a new world record whitetail the previous year. He was unable to get a picture because the phone was, predictably, dead. He went to get his pickup to haul his trophy home. When he returned the buck was gone; presumably taken by a sasquatch. GD
Posted By: GeoW Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/13/23
Oh boy.....So there is an army of Bigfoots (Bigfeet?) out there that the Gov't is hiding from us? Got it.

Unless these things have all been signed up for high-quality Obamacare, sooner or later one of them is going to die.......

I will be waiting.

Hiding in plain sight. Ever been to Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, New Orleans?
Why would American natives call them skunk apes? There are no apes of any kind north of central America. What would they be comparing them to?

Those same Indians thought that buffalo came out of the ground as they didn't understand buffalo migration patterns.

Indians are never a good source for truth...
Posted By: dpd Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/13/23
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Mac is right. If Bigfoot had existed, one of the old time hunters like Ben Lilly would have bagged several of them.

Not to mention the millions of trail cameras posted ALL Over AMERICA. And still not one REAL photo. Not one.

Exactly
Posted By: MOGC Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/13/23

LOL, I would suggest to you there is a very good reason we know little or nothing about them......

Exactly...
Posted By: Vek Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/13/23
A few years back, an otherwise fit and competent loop hiker and climber type tried to exit the "ptarmigan traverse" in washington by walking down a drainage eastward and trying to link up with a mapped valley bottom side trail branching from the Pacific Crest Trail. Whatever trail may have existed was gone, and he spent the better part of the day traveling about a half mile an hour and exfiltrating out to the PCT at dark. Beaver dams, swamp, 8ft devil's club, alder, nightmare. This was on the drier "east" side of the cascade divide.

Folks who've been dumb enough to shoot something on the far side of such a creek bottom, or want to climb a peak in the neighborhood, spend as little time as possible in these places, crossing the creeks at right angles and climbing to open forest or treeline.

I'm not sure anyone who's not been there, can comprehend just how thick/impenetrable these places are. And they are everywhere. Now project that northward along the BC coast range. Limitless, untouched and unseen country.

The historical incentive to explore these places was gold prospecting, and it's likely that a lot of these creeks were walked on nearly their entire length. It's not as if there's a lack of "stories" about bigfoot from that time period.

Is that the guy Flave delivered beer to?
Nah, I'm a naturalist.

I just pee on scheidt to leave my mark, like the dog I am
Posted By: minengr Re: Do you believe ? Bigfoot ? - 10/13/23
"Your wife is a bigfoot Gus. You shaved the bitch down and taught her to speak. WTF does goonie goo goo mean?
Originally Posted by shrapnel
If there is no Easter Bunny then where do all of those colored plastic eggs come from?
As to Bigfoots existence, The only plausible explantation I can remotely accept is they are aliens who visit occasionally and come and go at their leisure. That would explain the lack of dead bodies and other evidence that is lacking.
Remember, just because they look ape like doesn't mean they could not of evolved beyond us.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
There are still, as unbelievable as it is to some, areas of the Mountain West that have never had a (European) footprint touch that ground.

I don't think so. I live in the Sierras and have spent loads of time all over the area and I doubt very much there are parts of here that no White man has touched. If that were the case we wouldn't be arguing over reintroduction of bears and wolves and lions because they'd never have been hunted out.

And as far as this particular Bigfoot, it was in the backyard of these guys so I expect it was one of them. They dress up in Bigfoot costumes at RV shows so they probably have a closet full of them.

This is a good thread though. It has opened my eyes to how dear Bigfoot is in the hearts of many users here, what with the outpouring of emotion and the like. Really deeply thought out heartfelt arguments for their existence.
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Is that the guy Flave delivered beer to?

Maybe, way back last Sobertober.

But that video is far too revealing and emotional for the shallow, superficial posters here to understand.

Because someone "walked" there at one point in time doesn't mean that Bigfoot doesn't exist. What if it was hiding from that person that walked there at one point in time or what if it was a mile away from where someone walked at one point in time?

Hunters have walked past way more than one smart old buck that was bedded a few feet away.

I really lean on the side of skeptical that they exist even with all the reported encounters but saying something doesn't exist because a human walked through it's habitat is not much of an argument.

For me, it was eye opening when I flew in a plane over the Rockies for the first time at 35,000 feet. We humans are mere spec's on this planet.

Rooster,
Fair enough, friend.
But the line you highlighted was my response directed at an earlier post in this thread roughly stating that 'there are unlimited tracts of the PNW that no person of European decent has ever visited.'

Anyway. I've found skeletons of grizzly and moose (WY) but never a Sassy. That dead cat pic was something else too.
Carry on...
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
There are still, as unbelievable as it is to some, areas of the Mountain West that have never had a (European) footprint touch that ground.

I don't think so. I live in the Sierras and have spent loads of time all over the area and I doubt very much there are parts of here that no White man has touched. If that were the case we wouldn't be arguing over reintroduction of bears and wolves and lions because they'd never have been hunted out.

And as far as this particular Bigfoot, it was in the backyard of these guys so I expect it was one of them. They dress up in Bigfoot costumes at RV shows so they probably have a closet full of them.

This is a good thread though. It has opened my eyes to how dear Bigfoot is in the hearts of many users here, what with the outpouring of emotion and the like. Really deeply thought out heartfelt arguments for their existence.

Bingo!!
For the record Santa Claus is real. He drives a late 90's Chevy and I've got photographic proof.
Originally Posted by justin10mm
For the record Santa Claus is real. He drives a late 90's Chevy and I've got photographic proof.
shovels snow in shorts too

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Nah, I'm a naturalist.

I just pee on scheidt to leave my mark, like the dog I am

Was kidding, of course. Hell, there aren't any trees up there anyway, as you know!

Rooster,
Fair enough, friend.
But the line you highlighted was my response directed at an earlier post in this thread roughly stating that 'there are unlimited tracts of the PNW that no person of European decent has ever visited.'

Anyway. I've found skeletons of grizzly and moose (WY) but never a Sassy. That dead cat pic was something else too.
Carry on...

Gotcha. wink
© 24hourcampfire