Home
Both within a year of each other.

These are young to middle aged couples with kids, regular White Americans. I spoke to both the men and they cited their reasons as sensing bad times coming here, as signified by millions pouring over the border and the government only encouraging it, all the laws promoting immorality and evil, corruption of the culture, out of control national debt, etc.. All the stuff we bemoan here at the Fire.

Both recommended I do the same, but I'm way too old for that sort of thing. I'm afraid I will have to ride it out, come what may.
Be interested to know what countries they moved to.
Originally Posted by Teal
One family moved to Spain, and the other is in the process of moving to the Philippines. Apparently, there are English speaking enclaves (populated by expats) in both countries.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
One family moved to Spain, and the other is in the process of moving to the Philippines. Apparently, there are English speaking enclaves (populated by expats) in both countries.

There's no place to go.

At least not for those who want a firearm around to protect themselves and their families.

You can move anywhere, but you'll have to leave your guns here.
Those families followed their instincts, hope it works out for them.
I really enjoyed my time in Spain. The history and architecture and people are nice; but in Spain, you are a subject, not a citizen (or an expat if you're just hanging out).

It's been a long time since I've been to the PI...but I felt like a target all the time...I mean people are nice and friendly and speak english and all...until they don't speak english and are talking about how to get more money out of you or something. Nice place to vacation, your money goes far...but eh, not for me.

YMMV,

John
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

There's no place to go.

At least not for those who want a firearm around to protect themselves and their families.

Were I young (and thus considering such a move), that would be a major concern of mine, as well. At my age, though, such a move not even a consideration.
I wonder how many years before they move back to the U.S. ?

L.W.
Argentina!
Still lots of places here to hunker down away from most of the madness. The Philippines seem like the Wild West, and have a considerable population of followers of The Religion of Peace, who will no doubt make their presence known again in the future. Spain, or any EU country, is an easy pass. Certainly guns are available in much of Europe, but don’t know what the restrictions are for alien residents. Traveling hunters seem to have little trouble.

Switzerland is very nice I hear, but also very expensive, as is Yurrup in general, as well as Tax Hell. Check out Survival Lilly for situation updates.

There's no place to go.

Were I young, that would be a major concern of mine, as well.

I suspect that everyone who assumes we will never effectively lose that right here could be really disappointed before too long.
I'm not going anywhere but If I had to, Belize would be high on the list for permanent Residency.
This is said based on moderate international experience/knowledge but quite a bit of observation of developments during the past 25 years. I can, of course, understand their concerns about what they see happening and their consideration of alternatives elsewhere.

But, in the end, any coming of "bad times" in this country is going to be accompanied by bad and worse times elsewhere. And, at base, at least we have some favorable Constitutional framework and precedence. Things are right now "worse" almost everywhere else (take a deep/clear look) and are not going to improve elsewhere if the broad agendas/factors can continue to negatively affect things here. With regard to the most fundamental factors and principles, it would seem that contemporary escape would be fleeting and the move futile.
Originally Posted by Teeder
Argentina!

Argentina’s annual inflation soars to 211.4%, the highest in 32 years
BY DÉBORA REY | AP
Updated 6:17 PM CST, January 11, 2024
https://apnews.com/article/argentin...easures-68f27bf0473590fabb5b6c1aff80579f
Sound like the kind of neighbors I wouldn't miss.
Sometimes you're better off with he devil you know.
Originally Posted by RUM7
I'm not going anywhere but If I had to, Belize would be high on the list for permanent Residency.
neighbor family, both retired, have just gone down there. RE market here not the best, their place is now rented out on a prospective lease to own deal.

Another acquaintance packed up, selling their house, moved to Cozumel.

Seems a lot of Americans are moving to TX........it's like a whole other country

Both within a year of each other.

These are young to middle aged couples with kids, regular White Americans. I spoke to both the men and they cited their reasons as sensing bad times coming here, as signified by millions pouring over the border and the government only encouraging it, all the laws promoting immorality and evil, corruption of the culture, out of control national debt, etc.. All the stuff we bemoan here at the Fire.

Both recommended I do the same, but I'm way too old for that sort of thing. I'm afraid I will have to ride it out, come what may.

Were these neighbors gun owners/aficionados? Hunters?

What religion were they?

Obviously an estrogen laden command structure.

Edit to add we are better off without them then if this is their response.
I knew a man that said if Bill Clinton was elected, he would leave the US. Pedobill was elected and the man left. In a 5 or 6 year time period, he lived in 3 or 4 countries, but he came back to the US. When I asked why he came back while Pedobill was still president, he said, " The US aint perfect, but it's still the best country on earth".
Originally Posted by Valsdad
neighbor family, both retired, have just gone down there. RE market here not the best, their place is now rented out on a prospective lease to own deal.

Seems a lot of Americans are moving to TX........it's like a whole other country

Everything is bigger and better in Texas, just ask a Texan.
I really enjoyed Spain when I hunted Ibex there in 2021. Spain is interesting in that they stay out of most world politics or controversies. They weren't involved in either world war, although they had their own civil war. This means much of the old charm, cathedrals, estates, villa's remained intact.

We found the people to be incredibly happy and content, for the most part, and prices (for meals at least) to be much cheaper than many other European countries. We even looked at some of the real estate prices and found those to be fairly cheap, out in the country.

grin smile
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

L.W.

They might move somewhere else. But I seriously doubt that it's back to America.

America is destined to be the Brazil of the new millennia.

If one could learn the language, Hungary is probably the best bet for white people these days.
There is not many countries looking for a influx of do nothing USA boomers. The old timers in the states will stay home and collect their .gov handouts.
Originally Posted by callnum
There is not many countries looking for a influx of do nothing USA boomers. The old timers in the states will stay home and collect their .gov handouts.
Like ur boi frind

There's no place to go.

exactly. I would rather stay and see about doing what the signers of the declaration thought we need to do.

No way I will feel better in any other country.
There were other factors...esp with the Philippines. The South China Sea is not where you want to be in the next 20 years.
Argentina!

That remains to be seen, generationally. Thay have some work to do yet, but at least are heading in the right direction. Are we?
Originally Posted by Jcubed
There were other factors...esp with the Philippines. The South China Sea is not where you want to be in the next 20 years.
oh c'mon now.

That dragon isn't that big smirk whistle
Not sure I buy it.
oh c'mon now.

Ok.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Not sure I buy it.

Give him time to flesh it out. Might be an off the cuff fantasy story to generate responses.
I would definitely move to the EU to avoid illegal immigration.
oh c'mon now.

Ok.
As much as I've enjoyed their food when I've run across it, and there's certainly some pretty PI gals and good men there, there are too many issues there without even having to consider that giant neighbor of theirs.

If we should win the PowerBall or a bajillion dollars should fall on our heads, my wife and I sometimes discuss some warmer areas we might like to move to. On further inspection none seem very good options.

There's no place to go.

Slavyanka would like us to retire soon to Ukraine but that's out for the time being. So she's researching Corfu Island.

I told her I'm not going anywhere without my guns.
there ya go!
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Not sure I buy it.

Give him time to flesh it out. Might be an off the cuff fantasy story to generate responses.

No kidding.

Two formerly reasonably alert white families want to abandon English Common Law because things MAY become moderately uncomfortable.....someday.

One is moving to a third world shìthole and the other is moving to a country where all the rapey-stabby people come to shore so they can pay some of the highest taxes in the EU.

Sounds reasonable.
oh c'mon now.

Ok.
As much as I've enjoyed their food when I've run across it, and there's certainly some pretty PI gals and good men there, there are too many issues there without even having to consider that giant neighbor of theirs.

If we should win the PowerBall or a bajillion dollars should fall on our heads, my wife and I sometimes discuss some warmer areas we might like to move to. On further inspection none seem very good options.

It is called Thailand. And a jet.
I also know people who have left and are thinking about going somewhere else, Costa Rica seems popular. I'd die here surrounded by hot brass before I left this Country.
there ya go!

Paris seems nice.

Any campfire blokes wanna have an adventure?
Not sure I buy it.

No kidding.

Two formerly reasonably alert white families want to abandon English Common Law because things MAY become moderately uncomfortable.....someday.

One is moving to a third world shìthole and the other is moving to a country where all the rapey-stabby people come to shore so they can pay some of the highest taxes in the EU.

Sounds reasonable.

Oh, but Spain and the Philippines are way safer and more in line with their self reliant faith based beliefs.

I’m lololol ing pretty hard over either their naïveté or his retardation in believing it or believing it’s a plausible storyline.
Originally Posted by 673
I also know people who have left and are thinking about going somewhere else, Costa Rica seems popular. I'd die here surrounded by hot brass before I left this Country.

I’d trade Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and most of BC for our west coast.
Originally Posted by 673

Yeah, no.

What are you trading for?
Not sure I buy it.

No kidding.

Sounds reasonable.

Oh, but Spain and the Philippines are way safer and more in line with their self reliant faith based beliefs.

I’m lololol ing pretty hard over either their naïveté or his retardation in believing it or believing it’s a plausible storyline.

Maybe they are Catholic?

They need to learn the language of their damn host country, right?
Originally Posted by 673

I'd give our west coast away.
If there was ever a successful plot hatched to separate an American from his money and enjoy himself while it's happening, it was either invented or perfected in the Philippines. The few months I spent there as a USAF member in 1975 was enjoyable, but damned expensive!
If enough of us move to some third world latin [bleep] we can take it over and be in complete control within 2-3 generations.
Maybe they just want to live in a country where white people aren't pariahs.
Originally Posted by MrWilson
If enough of us move to some third world latin [bleep] we can take it over and be in complete control within 2-3 generations.

Lol. Ok Jim Jones.
Originally Posted by Bristoe

And the Phillipines fit that bill? Lol

If the imaginary people had said they were moving to Poland or Hungary it’d make sense.

L.W.

They might move somewhere else. But I seriously doubt that it's back to America.

If one could learn the language, Hungary is probably the best bet for white people these days.
Ramzpaul looked into moving there and discovered it's almost impossible. He also said that the language is one of the hardest to learn.
“Oh honey, let’s move to Spain, I was reading Conde Nast Traveler magazine in the nail salon…..”
Originally Posted by slumlord
“Oh honey, let’s move to Spain, I was reading Conde Nast Traveler magazine in the nail salon…..”

lolol
Not sure I buy it.

LOL. Yeah, I'm so prone to that. grin

L.W.

Ramzpaul looked into moving there and discovered it's almost impossible. He also said that the language is one of the hardest to learn.

Lol. Perhaps you two should try traveling a bit.
so , while we are talking , where in the lower 48 would you guys recommend ? I am partial to Missouri as plenty rural and not many folks to bother me. Lots of natural resources for my homestead (water wood game)
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

That's for immigrants here Paul, not for those emigrating from here.

If enough English speakers move there and only speak English, maybe they can change the official language/s ???

it's like Manifest Destiny on a wider scale

And the Phillipines fit that bill? Lol

Is the Philippines actively at war against white people?
oh c'mon now.

Ok.

that's an idea.

but have the jet fueled and ready to go at a moment's notice? just in case?
oh c'mon now.

Ok.

that's an idea.

but have the jet fueled and ready to go at a moment's notice? just in case?

Umm...not just one.

Rookie
Perhaps you two should try traveling a bit.
Spent ten days in Italy. Some nice places there, but I wouldn't want to live there. My Italian is just so so.

Spent a couple of days in France, too. My French is even worse. French people seem to hate anyone who's not fluent in French, too. Treat them like dogs.
Spent ten days in Italy. Some nice places there, but I wouldn't want to live there. My Italian is just so so.

I meant in the countries you two are postulating as good places to move.

Hungary, Phillipines, Spain, etc
You should add Romania to the list

I didn't suggest anyone move anyplace. What are you talking about??

I did suggest anyone move anyplace. What are you talking about??

Sorry, your neighbors...

Yeah, travel to Portland, Seattle, San Francisco, Oakland, Los Angeles, Baltimore, Detroit, St Louis, Chicago,

Travel to about any major population center in the U.S.A.,......see what you find these days.

Yeah, travel to Portland, Seattle, San Francisco, Oakland, Los Angeles, Baltimore, Detroit, St Louis, Chicago,

Travel to about any major population center in the U.S.A.,......see what you find these days.

Like I said.

I'm pretty sure if you just keep talking louder and louder in American they'll eventually understand you.
Originally Posted by RufusG

I'm pretty sure if you just keep talking louder and louder in American they'll eventually understand you.
flashing some Benjamins helps too.........................

until you get rolled
A few members of my wife's family moved to Uruguay to avoid the lord's wrath, which was sure to come very soon due to America's trajectory. They lasted less than a year and came back.

I dont know about Span, but living is cheap in the Philippines, a friend goes a couple of times a year, has a house there.
Recently said you could live good for $1500.00 a month, that would include a live in cook / housekeeper.

Its tempting... living in AK is not cheap!

edit, he did say 1500 if you own your home
Maybe if enough productive Americans moved to Mexico/Central America and did some renovation, all the migrants would go back?

I have a friend who moved to Spain. His wife was from there. Have another acquaintance that moved to Cebu, Philippines where his wife was from. Both of them seem to be happy there.

Saw a picture of the guy living in the Philippines several months ago. It looks like he lost a lot of weight. Eating healthier food. I remember him being a fast food junkie.

lolol

Slum knows a little about how the female brain works. Lol.
Originally Posted by johnn
I dont know about Span, but living is cheap in the Philippines, a friend goes a couple of times a year, has a house there.
Recently said you could live good for $1500.00 a month, that would include a live in cook / housekeeper.

Yeah, that's what this guy was telling me, i.e., super cheap to live there. He and his wife already have a house there. She and their kids went ahead of him a couple months back, while he wraps things up here. He said he's going to be gone next month to join up with them.
Originally Posted by kenoh2
Maybe if enough productive Americans moved to Mexico/Central America and did some renovation, all the migrants would go back?
I hear good things about Panama and El Salvador.
I hear good things about Panama and El Salvador.

Well, there you go.

I heard...

Spent a couple of days in France, too. My French is even worse. French people seem to hate anyone who's not fluent in French, too. Treat them like dogs.

I did not find that to be true in France. Spent a month there traveling. Paris and all over northern France.

Yeah, that's what this guy was telling me, i.e., super cheap to live there. He and his wife already have a house there. She and their kids went ahead of him a couple months back, while he wraps things up here. He said he's going to be gone next month to join up with them.

Have you been there?

Spent a month?

Is all you want to live "rich?"
Originally Posted by local_dirt
I did not find that to be true in France. Spent a month there traveling. Paris and all over northern France.
You have more experience there than me, but during the two days I spent in Nice (pronounced Neece), I saw lots of rudeness for failure to be fluent.
You have more experience there than me, but during the two days I spent in Nice (pronounced Neece), I saw lots of rudeness for failure to be fluent.

You have a lot to learn..."traveling" is different than living.
Have you been there?

Spent a month?

Like I said, me moving to another country is out of the question. Can't start over as an old guy. Were I young, perhaps, under the current circumstances in the United States, where we seem to be heading.
A lot of our conservative Christian friends have pulled up stakes and moved but they moved to conservative states not an ex-patriot leaving the country for good. I’ll stay here in the USA and continue the fight that my ancestors begun back prior to 1776. There’s no other place that is worthy and I’m not looking to hide so I figure I’m better off getting out of enemy territory and living my dream to MY satisfaction. We don’t need much to be happy and content and I ain’t ready to throw in the towel or raise the white flag….I’ve only just begun to fight.
A few members of my wife's family moved to Uruguay to avoid the lords wrath, which was sure to come very soon due to America's trajectory. They lasted less than a year and came back.

That's a tough place. What took them there? Gold?
Have you been there?

Spent a month?

Like I said, me moving to another country is out of the question. Can't start over as an old guy. Were I young, perhaps, under the current circumstances in the United States, where we seem to be heading.

You advocate moving from the US?
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
A lot of our conservative Christian friends have pulled up stakes and moved but they moved to conservative states not an ex-patriot leaving the country for good. I’ll stay here in the USA and continue the fight that my ancestors begun back prior to 1776. There’s no other place that is worthy and I’m not looking to hide so I figure I’m better off getting out of enemy territory and living my dream to MY satisfaction. We don’t need much to be happy and content and I ain’t ready to throw in the towel or raise the white flag….I’ve only just begun to fight.
I approve this message.
So, now you say stay?

What was the point of the OP?
The Real Hawkeye: Same here, but my two neighbor couples were retired folks.
One set went to Belize and the other couple went to Thailand.
Reports are they like it - but both sets of neighbors had to sell all their guns before the relocated - no private ownership of firearms there abouts - I guess?
I think I will "stick it out" here in my beloved Montana/United States of America.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I could see making that choice, were I a young man under the current situation in the US, considering where we seem to be heading. I don't know that I would call myself an advocate of it, though. That seems a stretch.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

I hear you, brother. Years ago, an old gf and I were considering a second home on the Mayan Rivera. Wouldn't even think about that now.
I could see making that choice, were I a young man under the current situation in the US, considering where we seem to be heading. I don't know that I would call myself an advocate of it, though. That seems a stretch.

So, what is the point of your original post?

If you won't do it...

If they think either of those countries are more stable than the USA, they may find out the hard way.
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
The Real Hawkeye: Same here, but my two neighbor couples were retired folks.
One set went to Belize and the other couple went to Thailand.
Reports are they like it - but both sets of neighbors had to sell all their guns before the relocated - no private ownership of firearms there abouts - I guess?
I think I will "stick it out" here in my beloved Montana/United States of America.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I feel the same way.

Nice wouldn't have ever been on my radar.

France has HUGE immigration problems.
Originally Posted by reivertom
If they think either of those countries are more stable than the USA, they may find out the hard way.
That's certainly a possibility.
Originally Posted by reivertom
That's certainly a possibility.

Not really.

Especially if you claim to believe what you say you do trh.
I don't know anyone who has up and emigrated somewhere else, but I know 3 couples who made it their dream, learned to sail, and bought craft that they travel the world full time in
Of the 3 couples, only one woman was born to real money. They mostly worked smart, and invested profitably to realize their dreams

All 3 couples have and maintain some sort of home in the US.
They are all my age, or older. I'm 66
Don't have a clue as to any of their plans as they age past their ability to carry on their way of life
I know there have been medical issues, The one couple made Israel their base of operations while she was treated for cancer
Originally Posted by johnw
I don't know anyone who has up and emigrated somewhere else, but I know 3 couples who made it their dream, learned to sail, and bought craft that they travel the world full time in
Of the 3 couples, only one woman was born to real money. They mostly worked smart, and invested profitably to realize their dreams

Don't have a clue as to any of their plans as they age past their ability to carry on their way of life
I know there have been medical issues, The one couple made Israel their base of operations while she was treated for cancer

That's cool.
Excluding the US, I have lived in six different countries. I enjoyed my time living in three of them, Canada (under Stephen Harper), Australia and Korea. That said I would never move to one.

That's cool.

Cool, yes, but there have been some difficult times. The woman who sought treatment in Israel was diagnosed in New Zealand. She flew to Israel, and her husband hired a crewman to help him sail there. Turned out to be a bad deal with continuing legal issues
There have been other things as well, over the years. One couple has been living this life since the mid 90s. Guess they learn to deal with things

That's cool.

Cool, yes, but there have been some difficult times. The woman who sought treatment in Israel was diagnosed in New Zealand. She flew to Israel, and her husband hired a crewman to help him sail there. Turned out to be a bad deal with continuing legal issues
There have been other things as well, over the years. One couple has been living this life since the mid 90s. Guess they learn to deal with things

Shhh...

You are bringing people down.

It is all fine and cozy.
Have never lived outside of the U.S. Have not traveled as extensively as many here on the 'Fire. However, have done work projects and church projects in about a dozen countries on four continents. I always looked forward to the "going out". And I always looked forward to "coming home"... to the U.S.A. ...

There is no place like home. And for me, home is the U.S.A
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Have never lived outside of the U.S. Have not traveled as extensively as many here on the 'Fire. However, have done work projects and church projects in about a dozen countries on four continents. I always looked forward to the "going out". And I always looked forward to "coming home"... to the U.S.A. ...

Best words ever coming through customs...

Welcome home, Sir.
God Bless The USA! From my cold dead hands!
A good friend's daughters husband got transferred to Singapore for a couple of years. They loved it so much that they gave thought to staying after the company got sold and they had to come back to the states.
I can't imagine moving somewhere that the laws aren't based on English common law. If they aren't you can be arrested and parked in a dark hole while your family begs the US government to save you.
Thank God my ancestors in the 1700s immigrated to the U.S. Best place in the world I think. 50 states to choose from, many different climates. A guy I know lives mostly in the Philippines now. He loves it. He tells me I would like it. His late wife was born there. He went over there 5 years ago. He pays people $8 a day. A hamburger meal is close to $8. He says the food don’t taste as good as here. When he went over there, he bought a 10k used van and tools to build a home. His workers stole everything including the van. He hires people to go to town to buy the food for the place. They never bring any change back or receipt. Since in the Philippines his bank accounts have been hacked into 3 times and he lost a substantial amount of money. Strangely he still likes it. Where he is at, nobody has insurance of any kind. If that is your idea of living go for it! He lives on the ocean in the north and can see Chinese ships pass by. No thank you !!!
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
I can't imagine moving somewhere that the laws aren't based on English common law. If they aren't you can be arrested and parked in a dark hole while your family begs the US government to save you.

Like they're doing to the people who demonstrated on January 6th?
Originally Posted by Hogwild7

Like they're doing to the people who demonstrated on January 6th?
Bingo! We're under Bolshevism now.

lolol

Slum knows a little about how the female brain works. Lol.
My wife would have no clue what Conde Nast is and has never seen the inside of a nail salon. Never seen painted nails on her ever. My toenails were painted once, but it was a drunk weekend at the lake...and while someone pulled a big hunk of wood out from under one of my toenails some drunk friends painted on my toes.. but I digress

LOL. France is NEVER on our radar period. LOL. Once when I was very young proved nothing there we need.

edit, he did say 1500 if you own your home

Know a guy married to a Philipino girl who has pics of a place there he says he bought maybe 15 years ago for about $25000. Not a terrible looking place, but...
They spend a month or so there most years, I think. He was always interested in buying in Iowa
Her switched jobs, involuntarily, a while back, and I haven't seen him since maybe 2018 or so

Welcome home, Sir.
Hmm. I don't recall ever hearing those words. More like what are you bringing back. Is that it. Are you sure. Where are you from again. Why did you travel. What did you do. How long where you gone... I get better welcomes into Cananda than coming back to the USA unfortunately
Pretty sure that if the US flys to bits the rest of the world will follow, cannot imagine your government leaving anyone else out of it.

In your position I would start turning hillbilly about now.
Originally Posted by rost495

Welcome home, Sir.
Hmm. I don't recall ever hearing those words. More like what are you bringing back. Is that it. Are you sure. Where are you from again. Why did you travel. What did you do. How long where you gone... I get better welcomes into Cananda than coming back to the USA unfortunately

That's been my experience. Crossing the border is like Forrest Gump's box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get. I've never had a truly bad experience with customs, however.
I like the youtuber : World According To Briggs.

He uses stats from the big moving companies. For 2023 top States to move to

1 Maine
2 North Carolina
3 New Hampshire
4 Montana
5 Washington
6 Arkansas
7 Florida
8 New Mexico
9 Washington DC
10 Texas

Number 9 is interesting. My buddy is in Washington. Liquor prices are $$$$$

Yeah, that's what this guy was telling me, i.e., super cheap to live there.
He and his wife already have a house there. She and their kids went ahead of him a couple months back, while he wraps things up here. He said he's going to be gone next month to join up with them.
One of my tenants (rental house) is high up in a company in the defense industry and has lived in several places throughout the world, including Costa Rica and Mexico, and he said that the cost of living anywhere else in the world that you would actually want to live, and feel safe, is almost identical to the same setup in the USA.

My old neighbor just moved to Equador, hauling his young wife and two young kids down with him to start a mission or something. More power to him, but I couldn't imagine.
Richj: Thanks for that list but to tell the truth I can NOT believe anyone moves to taxington (washington #5 on your list) state of their own volition!
Yeah, a lot of folks ARE moving to Montana (no sales tax) though - so maybe your list is smarter than I am?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

France has HUGE immigration problems.

If you watch the news, you'll see that the people are fed up with that schit. If Macron decided to walk the streets of Paris or Marseilles, they would cut his fugking throat.
Originally Posted by rost495

Welcome home, Sir.

Was it a blue-green-haired DEI hire at the desk with a chicken bone through its nose?

Lol.
I don't know anyone who has up and emigrated somewhere else, but I know 3 couples who made it their dream, learned to sail, and bought craft that they travel the world full time

Until their adult children crashed the boat while filming a promotional video for a business venture called "Prestige Worldwide".
I say let them out but make it hell for them to get back once they decide the move wasn't so smart.
I don't know anyone who has up and emigrated somewhere else, but I know 3 couples who made it their dream, learned to sail, and bought craft that they travel the world full time

Until their adult children crashed the boat while filming a promotional video for a business venture called "Prestige Worldwide".
Boats n Hos

A lot of Campfire folks are convinced that Montana is being taken over by Californians--and a lot of 'em have moved here in the recent past. But a realtor's group keeps track of such stuff, and California immigrants are in third place behind Arizona and Texas....
I think it would be interesting to hear about those countries that allow the personal freedoms enjoyed by Americans. In your googling include the ability to own and carry a handgun and the ease of owning land and starting a small business.

mike r
The half dozen I've known who've done this over the last decade or so have all regretted.
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

A lot of Campfire folks are convinced that Montana is being taken over by Californians--and a lot of 'em have moved here in the recent past. But a realtor's group keeps track of such stuff, and California immigrants are in third place behind Arizona and Texas....
Hush John,

Don't be trying to use logic and proportion up here in this forum.

It doesn't go over well most times
... Best words ever coming through customs...

Welcome home, Sir.

Agree !
Spain and the Philippines?!?
I’d happily visit either. But to move to? Because of the way America is going???

We don’t need them here. 😂
If I was that scared of the world, maybe I’d just join up with one of those Mennonite communities.

I've imported 4 to MT. My wife has become more right than myself and her sister is following right along. SIL's 2 kids aren't old enough to vote but they will see both sides and allowed to figure things out.
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

Boats n Hos

Originally Posted by SamOlson

I've imported 4 to MT. My wife has become more right than myself and her sister is following right along. SIL's 2 kids aren't old enough to vote but they will see both sides and allowed to figure things out.

The other interesting thing is that far from all Californians who moved to Montana are ultra-liberals. Instead they're conservatives, often from northern California.
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Richj: Thanks for that list but to tell the truth I can NOT believe anyone moves to taxington (washington #5 on your list) state of their own volition!
Yeah, a lot of folks ARE moving to Montana (no sales tax) though - so maybe your list is smarter than I am?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Don’t you guys in Montana have INCOME TAX?

Income tax is not a legitimate tax whereas sales tax is. Sales tax doesn’t penalize the producer and worker like INCOME TAX DOES.

It really doesn’t matter since Montana will be blue in another election cycle or 2 but for a state like Montana where TOURISM is how they make their money it really is ass backwards to tax the livingshit out of the workers and producers while extracting ZERO tax money from the tourons…..truly brilliant but a union stooge like VarmintFinger wouldn’t have a clue. 😂

Washington has its problems just like EVERY STATE IN THIS UNION HAS…problems that grew and festered under the dipshits like VarmintDouche that take their union pension like a good liberalfaggot while demeaning the real conservatives….something they (he?) will never be.

VarmintDouche is a creepy, hypocritical dumbshit that is best used to laugh at, not emulate.
Aces,

Like many, you don't have a clue about Montana's political history--or where it is right now.

For many years after WWII many (and often most) of Montana's state-wide elected officials were Democrats, whether the governor or senators or congressmen. Today ALL of the state-wide elected politicians except John Tester are Republicans, including the governor, attorney general, state auditor, etc. It will NOT be a blue state "in another election cycle or two."

The Montana income tax is pretty darn low. I don't think my wife and I have ever paid even $500, and we make a pretty good income. This is far lower than the sales tax of neighboring states such as Wyoming takes from residents.

My fellow gun/hunting writer, the late Tom McIntyre, made your mistaken assumption when moving to Wyoming from his native California 30 years ago--and ended up driving over 100 miles to shop in Montana, whether for groceries or more expensive stuff, due to the sales tax in Wyoming.

Oh, and we do have a sales tax on "tourons," applied to accommodations when they visit.
Aces,

Like many, you don't have a clue about Montana's political history--or where it is right now.

For many years after WWII many (and often most) of Montana's state-wide elected officials were Democrats, whether the governor or senators or congressmen. Today ALL of the state-wide elected politicians except John Tester are Republicans, including the governor, attorney general, state auditor, etc. It will NOT be a blue state "in another election cycle or two."

The Montana income tax is pretty darn low. I don't think my wife and I have ever paid even $500, and we make a pretty good income. This is far lower than the sales tax of neighboring states such as Wyoming takes from residents.

My fellow gun/hunting writer, the late Tom McIntyre, made your mistaken assumption when moving to Wyoming from his native California 30 years ago--and ended up driving over 100 miles to shop in Montana, whether for groceries or more expensive stuff, due to the sales tax in Wyoming.

Oh, and we do have a sales tax on "tourons," applied to accommodations when they visit.

Lol….😂😂.
Lets.all agree that all taxation is theft.
Look it up.....
JB, what is your tax man's phone number?!
If it don't blow up and go to hell before then, it'll be interesting to see where all the people have ended up in 2100.

I think certain areas of Mexico would be very casual places to live if you had an income that would allow a decent standard of living.
I hope one of them was BIG NOSE!!
A simple tax calculator puts a married couple, no kids, combined income of $100k owing the state of Montana $4584.

Your Income Taxes Breakdown
Tax Marginal
Tax Rate Effective
Tax Rate 2023
Taxes*
Federal 12.00% 8.24% $8,236
FICA 7.65% 7.65% $7,650
State 6.75% 4.58% $4,584
Local 0.00% 0.00% $0
Total Income Taxes 20.47% $20,470
Income After Taxes $79,530
Retirement Contributions $0
Take-Home Pay $79,530
Originally Posted by MadMooner
A simple tax calculator puts a married couple, no kids, combined income of $100k owing the state of Montana $4584.

Tax Marginal
Tax Rate Effective
Tax Rate 2023
Taxes*
FICA 7.65% 7.65% $7,650
State 6.75% 4.58% $4,584
Local 0.00% 0.00% $0
Take-Home Pay $79,530

Montana also has a 65 and older rule that applies to their income tax that has to be factored in reducing it.
Ahh.

Still, 4.5% ain’t bad when you don’t have a sales tax. Not sure what property tax is there? SC has a lower income rate but we do have a sales tax as well.

Every state gets a bite. Sales, income, property…..They gonna get you for one or all. Some states just take a bigger bite than others.
I sure as heck am not going to move to a country that
I have less rights , privilege and opportunity on the chance I might lose some here.
I am making my fight right here to the extent I can.
I know people who moved to England, Switzerland , Spain, Costa Rica and a few more and everyone of them returned to the US.
I dont give a rat azz if someone wants to leave the US. Don't let the door hit you on the azz. Nobody is going to run me off with their happy horse crap or convince me there's a better shot somewhere else. I was born here and I will die here.
My wife just announced her desire to jump ship. With Zionist domination of our government, demanding ever more amoral wars; dollar destruction making everything unaffordable for so many,, and the endless invasion of illegals, it's hard to disagree. The moral/philosophical degradation of our society that permits fraudulent elections, elects Katanji Brown to the Supreme Court, and dismisses Hunter Biden's laptop as Russian Disinformation, offers very little room for optimism. System wide corruption is unbelievable. Trump must be a greater threat to the status quo than I can measure, so perhaps that's hopeful. Unless he's changed, his dependence on Zionist money and Neocon advice is his Achilles heel, knees, and backbone.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
JB, what is your tax man's phone number?!

Will send a PM....
I was just kidding.

There isn't anyway around state income tax for us.
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
Unless he's changed, his dependence on Zionist money and Neocon advice is his Achilles heel, knees, and backbone.
Yep.
Instead of those things maybe happening here they moved into a sure thing.
Originally Posted by Longbob

Tax Marginal
Tax Rate Effective
Tax Rate 2023
Taxes*
FICA 7.65% 7.65% $7,650
State 6.75% 4.58% $4,584
Local 0.00% 0.00% $0
Take-Home Pay $79,530

Montana also has a 65 and older rule that applies to their income tax that has to be factored in reducing it.

However, BIG changes to the MT Income Tax codes took effect on 1 Jan 2024. In the 2021 session, Senate Bill 399 passed and it made major changes to state income tax code. One of biggest changes is that MT taxpayers will have use the same filing status on their state returns as they do on their federal returns. In the past, a married couple in MT could file separately on their state return which they couldn't do on their federal return. By filing separately on the state form, some couples could benefit by not having some of their deductible expenses limited. There were also changes to the tax rates and how capital gains are calculated on state returns.

Here are two links that highlight some of the changes:
MT Dept of Revenue review of 2024 Income Tax Changes
Tips in MT Are Now Taxable Income
Originally Posted by las
Argentina!

That remains to be seen, generationally. Thay have some work to do yet, but at least are heading in the right direction. Are we?

Right. I had just finished listening to the President's address to Davos before I saw this thread.
There were going full-blown socialism, but this guy sounds like his head is on straight.
Originally Posted by BFaucett
Argentina!

Argentina’s annual inflation soars to 211.4%, the highest in 32 years
BY DÉBORA REY | AP
Updated 6:17 PM CST, January 11, 2024
https://apnews.com/article/argentin...easures-68f27bf0473590fabb5b6c1aff80579f

Hopefully the new president gets them going in the right direction. He certainly talks a good game.
What's worse a country going over the cliff with their foot on the pedal (US) or one that has seen the cliff and is turning the wheel?
Ahh.

Still, 4.5% ain’t bad when you don’t have a sales tax. Not sure what property tax is there? SC has a lower income rate but we do have a sales tax as well.

Every state gets a bite. Sales, income, property…..They gonna get you for one or all. Some states just take a bigger bite than others.

You are gonna pay one way or another.
Whitney Webb is one of the brighter voices on the interwebs. She moved to Peru. A very good investigative journalist. Interestingly some wealthy rascals have taken over a big chunk of Patagonia area. It is completely illegal, but never the less tolerated, self contained fiefdom for certain select. Mexico is too corrupt and dangerous. Ecuador was pretty attractive until recently. Costa Rica has been a stable ex pat destination for a long time. Panama is becoming more attractive price wise.
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
Whitney Webb is one of the brighter voices on the interwebs. She moved to Peru. A very good investigative journalist. Interestingly some wealthy rascals have taken over a big chunk of Patagonia area. It is completely illegal, but never the less tolerated, self contained fiefdom for certain select. Mexico is too corrupt and dangerous. Ecuador was pretty attractive until recently. Costa Rica has been a stable ex pat destination for a long time. Panama is becoming more attractive price wise.

My wife is from Peru and we visit family there multiple times annually. Love the country, but we wouldn't live there. If anything, we would consider having a place in Uruguay, but still live here. We don't want another home anywhere in the pathway of the drug trade. That completely eliminates all of Central America for us and most of the northern countries of South America including Peru.
I guess if I had to go somewhere - I'd want a Donovan's Reef type place.
Regarding the comment above about Costa Rica;

I had a family member move there about 20 years ago. He was tired of the high taxes here and the corruption in government. He researched and visited several locations in different countries and ended up about an hour outside of San Juan.

He lived there about 15 years before he came back. He said the corruption is even worse there. They kept raising taxes on ex-pats. Utility companies ripping them off. Even in their safe community, they were robbed three times. Noisy neighbors moved into their quiet retirement community. One hassle after another…

He moved to Arizona and liked it there much better.

+1!
According to data from the AARO (Association of American Residents Overseas) over 5.4 million Americans live abroad. Most in this hemisphere followed by Asia then the European continent.
I wish you'd leave USA, Brother Dickey OldToot
🚂🚂

I'll take Gilligan's island
© 24hourcampfire