Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Both within a year of each other.

These are young to middle aged couples with kids, regular White Americans. I spoke to both the men and they cited their reasons as sensing bad times coming here, as signified by millions pouring over the border and the government only encouraging it, all the laws promoting immorality and evil, corruption of the culture, out of control national debt, etc.. All the stuff we bemoan here at the Fire.

Both recommended I do the same, but I'm way too old for that sort of thing. I'm afraid I will have to ride it out, come what may.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Be interested to know what countries they moved to.

Me

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Teal
One family moved to Spain, and the other is in the process of moving to the Philippines. Apparently, there are English speaking enclaves (populated by expats) in both countries.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
One family moved to Spain, and the other is in the process of moving to the Philippines. Apparently, there are English speaking enclaves (populated by expats) in both countries.

There's no place to go.

At least not for those who want a firearm around to protect themselves and their families.

You can move anywhere, but you'll have to leave your guns here.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Those families followed their instincts, hope it works out for them.

GOA
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I really enjoyed my time in Spain. The history and architecture and people are nice; but in Spain, you are a subject, not a citizen (or an expat if you're just hanging out).

It's been a long time since I've been to the PI...but I felt like a target all the time...I mean people are nice and friendly and speak english and all...until they don't speak english and are talking about how to get more money out of you or something. Nice place to vacation, your money goes far...but eh, not for me.

YMMV,

John

Last edited by LeakyWaders; 01/23/24.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

There's no place to go.

At least not for those who want a firearm around to protect themselves and their families.

Were I young (and thus considering such a move), that would be a major concern of mine, as well. At my age, though, such a move not even a consideration.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wonder how many years before they move back to the U.S. ?

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Argentina!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Still lots of places here to hunker down away from most of the madness. The Philippines seem like the Wild West, and have a considerable population of followers of The Religion of Peace, who will no doubt make their presence known again in the future. Spain, or any EU country, is an easy pass. Certainly guns are available in much of Europe, but don’t know what the restrictions are for alien residents. Traveling hunters seem to have little trouble.

Switzerland is very nice I hear, but also very expensive, as is Yurrup in general, as well as Tax Hell. Check out Survival Lilly for situation updates.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

There's no place to go.

Were I young, that would be a major concern of mine, as well.

I suspect that everyone who assumes we will never effectively lose that right here could be really disappointed before too long.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm not going anywhere but If I had to, Belize would be high on the list for permanent Residency.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is said based on moderate international experience/knowledge but quite a bit of observation of developments during the past 25 years. I can, of course, understand their concerns about what they see happening and their consideration of alternatives elsewhere.

But, in the end, any coming of "bad times" in this country is going to be accompanied by bad and worse times elsewhere. And, at base, at least we have some favorable Constitutional framework and precedence. Things are right now "worse" almost everywhere else (take a deep/clear look) and are not going to improve elsewhere if the broad agendas/factors can continue to negatively affect things here. With regard to the most fundamental factors and principles, it would seem that contemporary escape would be fleeting and the move futile.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Teeder
Argentina!

Argentina’s annual inflation soars to 211.4%, the highest in 32 years
BY DÉBORA REY | AP
Updated 6:17 PM CST, January 11, 2024
https://apnews.com/article/argentin...easures-68f27bf0473590fabb5b6c1aff80579f

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Sound like the kind of neighbors I wouldn't miss.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Sometimes you're better off with he devil you know.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RUM7
I'm not going anywhere but If I had to, Belize would be high on the list for permanent Residency.
neighbor family, both retired, have just gone down there. RE market here not the best, their place is now rented out on a prospective lease to own deal.

Another acquaintance packed up, selling their house, moved to Cozumel.

Seems a lot of Americans are moving to TX........it's like a whole other country

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Both within a year of each other.

These are young to middle aged couples with kids, regular White Americans. I spoke to both the men and they cited their reasons as sensing bad times coming here, as signified by millions pouring over the border and the government only encouraging it, all the laws promoting immorality and evil, corruption of the culture, out of control national debt, etc.. All the stuff we bemoan here at the Fire.

Both recommended I do the same, but I'm way too old for that sort of thing. I'm afraid I will have to ride it out, come what may.

Were these neighbors gun owners/aficionados? Hunters?

What religion were they?

Obviously an estrogen laden command structure.

Edit to add we are better off without them then if this is their response.

Last edited by BillyGoatGruff; 01/23/24.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I knew a man that said if Bill Clinton was elected, he would leave the US. Pedobill was elected and the man left. In a 5 or 6 year time period, he lived in 3 or 4 countries, but he came back to the US. When I asked why he came back while Pedobill was still president, he said, " The US aint perfect, but it's still the best country on earth".

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by RUM7
neighbor family, both retired, have just gone down there. RE market here not the best, their place is now rented out on a prospective lease to own deal.

Another acquaintance packed up, selling their house, moved to Cozumel.

Seems a lot of Americans are moving to TX........it's like a whole other country

Everything is bigger and better in Texas, just ask a Texan.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 2,204 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,008
Posts18,500,123
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.