Home
Posted By: kamo_gari Steak Bomb - 03/06/24
Boston style. Not to be confused with a Philly Cheesesteak. Lots of places have their regional foods, and maybe some favorites to grab on the way home after a couple of pops with the fellas.

Shaved steak, American cheese, grilled onions, green and red peppers, fried salami slices with chopped tomato and light mayo or some other variation of preferred 'toppings'. Served on a chewy Italian sub roll. 8 bucks and change.

Yeah, that'll work for lunch or a late night snack.

What regional, go-to staples do you all have?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: woodmaster81 Re: Steak Bomb - 03/06/24
Lutefisk...
Posted By: mathman Re: Steak Bomb - 03/06/24
Boudin:

[Linked Image from res.cloudinary.com]
Posted By: Tide_Change Re: Steak Bomb - 03/06/24
Oh fugg that looks good.

Round here we have plenty of taco wagons. They’re legit good, but I’d love to switch it up a bit and have a sammich like that. 👍
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Steak Bomb - 03/06/24
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Steak Bomb - 03/06/24
Tacos... lmao
Posted By: Tide_Change Re: Steak Bomb - 03/06/24
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Tacos... lmao

Ever been to Woodburn?

😁
Posted By: tndrbstr Re: Steak Bomb - 03/06/24
That looks good.
I have a plow disc wok that I use over a propane turkey fried when I’m out hunting or fishing. Cheese steak sammiches of one variation or another are a regular occurrence on it.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Steak Bomb - 03/06/24
Sub in Miracle Whip and I'm in!😁
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Steak Bomb - 03/06/24
Nothing really.

Maybe a hot roast beef sandwich?
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
We have more Mexican restaurants than Dollar Generals .
We don't have any restaurants.
Posted By: Morewood Re: Steak Bomb - 03/06/24
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

That is sexy as hell.

I need to get out more.
Posted By: Irving_D Re: Steak Bomb - 03/06/24
Minus the mayonnaise that sounds amazing
Posted By: RUM7 Re: Steak Bomb - 03/06/24
Real side of the road taco truck tacos.
Gotta go with al pastor.

Yep. Philly cheesesteak doesn’t need mayo
I been eating fresh sooshi al9t this month

But it ain't a Philly.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

But it ain't a Philly.
Sorry ,the thinly sliced beef and melted cheese hoagie .
It's a....uh....Masshole style?

Sashimi is better.

Sashimi is better.
I only do one thing raw.

Hint:it’s not fish

Sashimi is better.
I only do one thing raw.

Is it unprotected sex with many, many male partners?

Sashimi is better.
I only do one thing raw.

You’re better than this, Paul. I mean Jim.
You know I can't quit you.
I’d never quit you.
Posted By: Steve Re: Steak Bomb - 03/06/24
Get a room
How about your Mom's?
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Steak Bomb - 03/06/24
Fish tacos at Fat Stork.

Posted By: MAC Re: Steak Bomb - 03/06/24
Scrape off the tomato and put roasted jalapenos on it.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Steak Bomb - 03/06/24

Posted By: Certifiable Re: Steak Bomb - 03/06/24
Lockeford!!

Kamo That sandwich looks killer and a no brainer for $8!
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Lockeford!!

Kamo That sandwich looks killer and a no brainer for $8!

No kidding.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Steak Bomb - 03/06/24
For some reason, this area is famous for hammering out a slice of pork until it is the size of a garbage can lid and is an equal 1/3 along with the breading above and below it and rendering it devoid of any flavor but that of the breading. This is then deep-fried and served on a hamburger bun which covers a percentage of the patty similar to the 10-ring on a target.
Posted By: BMT Re: Steak Bomb - 03/06/24
Chorizo breakfast burritos
Originally Posted by BMT
Chorizo breakfast burritos
QT?
Posted By: antlers Re: Steak Bomb - 03/06/24
Here in southern Colorado we have something known as a Slopper. It consists of one or two open-faced cheeseburgers placed in a bowl, and then smothered with Pueblo green chile and topped with coarsely diced raw onions. To be eaten with a fork, and a knife, and a spoon.
Posted By: NDsnowman Re: Steak Bomb - 03/06/24
Green chili cheeseburgers. But honestly, we put green chili on our Wheaties down here.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Steak Bomb - 03/06/24
Lost me with the American “cheese”. That schitt has no place on the culinary spectrum. Might be some industrial use for it.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Steak Bomb - 03/06/24
South Carolina version would have to be the chili slaw dog.

Chili, Cole slaw (white,not red), onions and mustard.

Other local dishes I’ve discovered - perloo, bog, hash…. Not in the same vein as the OP’s Steak Bomb though.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Steak Bomb - 03/06/24
Originally Posted by MAC
Scrape off the tomato and put roasted jalapenos on it.

Now your talkin!
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: Steak Bomb - 03/06/24
No onions to poison a dish. If it needs onions you are covering up the bad meat smell. RZ.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Steak Bomb - 03/06/24
Just oysters, crabs and fish here.

But back in rural Georgia... streak o'lean grilled cheese sammies and hot sauce... still my favorite.
Posted By: Folically_Challenged Re: Steak Bomb - 03/06/24
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Shaved steak, American cheese, grilled onions, green and red peppers, fried salami slices with chopped tomato and light mayo or some other variation of preferred 'toppings'. Served on a chewy Italian sub roll. 8 bucks and change.

... and I didn't think anything could improve a cheesesteak sammie... count me the [intercourse] IN!

Originally Posted by antlers
Here in southern Colorado we have something known as a Slopper. It consists of one or two open-faced cheeseburgers placed in a bowl, and then smothered with Pueblo green chile and topped with coarsely diced raw onions. To be eaten with a fork, and a knife, and a spoon.

My kid's in Ft. Collins, but I'd gladly drive to the other end o' the state to try that. Is there a recommended restaurant? Or, would I need to bribe somebody with a 12-'er of Natty Light to invite me to dinner?

Originally Posted by NDsnowman
Green chili cheeseburgers. But honestly, we put green chili on our Wheaties down here.

I'm a sucker for the green stuff, and make my burgers like that often, even if I have to use Mtn Goat:

I need to get down there to have the real thing. The Hatch festival is on my bucket list: one day, I'll make it happen.

As for a local thing? I shudder to mention what Cincinnatians call chili. I've never known a single soul who tried it for the first time without experiencing severe gastrointestinal distress. 🤢🤮💩

Even so, they do know how to do ice cream here.

FC
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: Steak Bomb - 03/06/24
Originally Posted by cra1948
Lost me with the American “cheese”. That schitt has no place on the culinary spectrum. Might be some industrial use for it.

Pretty good for greasing skids or laying a trap on dead mans curve.....

Just lay out all the individually wrapped slices from 4-5 industrial sized paces just past the apex of the corner, wait a few hours and enjoy your rice rocket flambee....
Posted By: kamo_gari Re: Steak Bomb - 03/06/24
As is par for the course, some answered the question and others stumbled off into the woods. wink

Cut and posted from the original post: "Lots of places have their regional foods, and maybe some favorites to grab on the way home after a couple of pops with the fellas."

Does one stop in to buy lutefisk regularly for lunch or something to grab on the way home after beers with buddies to eat when home? How about that nice slab of beef served on a nice ceramic plate with mashed and au jus on the side? That a thing you can call in to pick up at midnight after shooting pool? Platters or sushi or a dozen raw oysters along with a bucket steamed crabs called in on the way home? whistle

Here in New England anyway, most any town, depending on size of same, has between a handful to literally hundreds of sub shops/pizza joints in the big cities. You can get things like wings, chicken fingers, pies, salads and subs. A 'steak bomb' is but a slightly more robust form of the standard 'steak and cheese' sub. The fried onions, peppers and salami are standard on the 'bomb', but it comes however you like to order it. Hold the salami? Fine. No mayo? No problem. Add hot peppers? Sure. You want a different kind of cheese on your steak and cheese? OK, sure. Swiss, provolone, cheddar? Name your poison. No need to hate on another man's choice of cheese. Even if it's not quite a cheese. Hell, some consider that nasty, semi viscous bright yellow slop that they put on Philly steak sandwiches a cheese... smile

I rarely do chain type fast food joints, so like last night, with the wife already asleep and me not wanting to bother throwing anything together myself, called as I was leaving the club. Ten minutes later, I had my hot bomb in hand and headed home. Thought about Chinese take out, but outside the city most anything you're going to get will be American Chinese, and for a proper plate it'll cost maybe triple that of a simple sub. I've had and kind of enjoyed 'poutine', which is definitely a quick, cheap and common favorite in Quebec, but I know of no where close that serves it.

Bravo to those who actually understood and answered, with extra points to those who showed what they were talking about. Those tacos, sausages and topped beef patties are exactly what I was asking about: tasty regional casual favorites you can order on the way home. They all look damned tasty.
I answered properly.

There just isn't anything up here!

You lucky bastards.
As is par for the course, some answered the question and others stumbled off into the woods. wink

Cut and posted from the original post: "Lots of places have their regional foods, and maybe some favorites to grab on the way home after a couple of pops with the fellas."

Bravo to those who actually understood and answered, with extra points to those who showed what they were talking about. Those tacos, sausages and topped beef patties are exactly what I was asking about: tasty regional casual favorites you can order on the way home. They all look damned tasty.

I know you've been to many places and tried many things. Have you had boudin, maybe when visiting Roger in Texas?
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Steak Bomb - 03/06/24
Steak bomb? I think more along the lines of a gut bomb 😀 but I could like that!
Originally Posted by mathman
I know you've been to many places and tried many things. Have you had boudin, maybe when visiting Roger in Texas?

Yes sir, I have, and love the stuff. Only had it off the grill the few times I've had it, but on my way out back home my hosts on my recent trip to S. TX gifted me--amongst many other awesome meaty things-- some wonderful looking boudin. Lousy pic, but you can see some of it in the top center.

I'm going to try my hand at making some jambalaya and gumbo with it. I'm thinking a big pot of gumbo with wild duck, shrimp and boudin would make for a fine meal.

Hey MM, I need to try some of those things you mention from SC.

And yes, Jim, you did properly answer, you poor, malnourished devil you. wink
I wouldn't put the boudin in the gumbo. Snack on that while you're cooking the gumbo, and use andouille for the gumbo.

https://www.teetsfoodstore.com/shop/smokedmeats/AS1.html?ucacid=486532223.773441

[Linked Image from d24rugpqfx7kpb.cloudfront.net]
I wouldn't put the boudin in the gumbo. Snack on that while you're cooking the gumbo, and use andouille for the gumbo.

Appreciate the advice. Is that due to flavor, consistency or both? With the rice component and the fact that those I've tried had a somewhat crumbly character to them once the casing is popped, I could see that boudin is not the best choice. Your andouille definitely looks more robust as far as holding together in slices for a gumbo type dish. Thanks, MM.
The flavor somewhat, but mainly the physical characteristics.

If you make your own mac and cheese you can load it with the boudin filling. That's the bomb.

https://www.facebook.com/GGruenigKL...ayette-louisiana-boudin/943370956542845/
Posted By: calikooknic Re: Steak Bomb - 03/06/24
Out here, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a Mexican landscaper or a taco truck.

Carnitas, asada, al pastor, tripas, lingua, and shrimp are my faves. $2-3 each with either red or green salsa.

California, the good part of Mexico.
Posted By: Jcubed Re: Steak Bomb - 03/06/24
Originally Posted by calikooknic
Out here, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a Mexican landscaper or a taco truck.

Carnitas, asada, al pastor, tripas, lingua, and shrimp are my faves. $2-3 each with either red or green salsa.

California, the good part of Mexico.

AZ may chat with you about that last claim...but enjoy real tacos!
one place here sells a big taco...

https://texashillcountry.com/corpus-christi-taco-weighs-5-pounds/

Posted By: cisco1 Re: Steak Bomb - 03/06/24
/Users/chuck/Desktop/https-::www.diningchicago.com:restaurants:el-milagro-store-taqueria-little-village-chicago.webloc

Best Steak Tacos , I have found , ....have eaten Steak tacos all over the Country / Mexico. etc.
El Milagro Chicago...........
Posted By: Jcubed Re: Steak Bomb - 03/06/24
Originally Posted by cisco1
/Users/chuck/Desktop/https-::www.diningchicago.com:restaurants:el-milagro-store-taqueria-little-village-chicago.webloc

Best Steak Tacos , I have found , ....have eaten Steak tacos all over the Country / Mexico. etc.

Chicago?
Posted By: cisco1 Re: Steak Bomb - 03/06/24
Yes, Chicago.....

I know the Dems have ruined it , however , still best Restaurants............
Posted By: Ohio7x57 Re: Steak Bomb - 03/06/24
Leighton that looks delicious. I might throw a few banana peppers on it.

Ron
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Steak Bomb - 03/06/24
Looks good🤤
Posted By: antlers Re: Steak Bomb - 03/06/24
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
My kid's in Ft. Collins, but I'd gladly drive to the other end o' the state to try that. Is there a recommended restaurant? Or, would I need to bribe somebody with a 12-'er of Natty Light to invite me to dinner?
I like the big Slopper that is served at the Sunset Inn in Pueblo. Many people in the area like the Slopper served at Gray's Coors Tavern in Pueblo. The B Street Cafe in Pueblo gets good reviews for their Slopper, as does the Gold Dust Saloon in Pueblo.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Steak Bomb - 03/06/24
Originally Posted by RUM7
Gotta go with al pastor.

Carnitas. lengua, or cabeza for the win. wink

Sashimi is better.
I only do one thing raw.

Burn
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Gotta go with al pastor.

add fajitas to that list.
Even if it's not quite a cheese.

That, and perhaps the mayo, is about all I would complain about on your sammi.

To answer your question, if you ever come visit we will have to get that sort of thing out of the way by 8:00 pm as hardly anything is open after that. Not sure if they are still serving food at the Brass Rail bar and Basque restaurant after that, and I think the bar closes at 10. The Niles bar might have some kitchen service, but I think they close early. Latest grocery store open is the Holiday and they close at 10P also, even if you wanted to get a take and bake or frozen pizza. Antonio's Cucina Italiana is closed at 9:00 I think.

Basically SOL around this place. Chinese place closes at 7 or 8 I think, Taco shop pretty much same time frame. I haven't been in the Subway in the 7 or so years we've been here, hardly even notice it, so I have no clue about the sawdust bread sammiches there at night.

Other places in the US I've lived I enjoyed the local after hours specialties, or better yet a machaca omelette at Jane's Country Kitchen at 0600 after a night of work and after hours partying.

Juneau AK had the pelmeni place down on the docks. The Ruskies left something good when they sold us Alaska. Them little dumplings are the bomb late at night when hunger hits.

Big friggen shrimp or carne asada burritos in SoCal from any of a million taco shops, not at the sit down type Mex places. No damn rice and beans or other fillers, burritos loaded with meat or shrimp. (I can taste it now)

I love pirogies and similar, and if I lived in an area where available late at night they would be more than suitable for dining after the sun has been down for a few hours.

Should the reverse happen, and I end up around Bean Town and your 20, I would love to sample one of those Steak Bombs. They would appear to have all the elements of fueling the furnace for the rest of the night.

Gracias amigo for starting a non-inane thread. wink

ciao bambino
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Gotta go with al pastor.

add fajitas to that list.
Why the hell not!
I answered properly.

There just isn't anything up here!

You lucky bastards.
Betting you're in more of a late night food desert than we are.

We do have the Chevron station that I think is open all night. Probably get a killer "buffalo roller" there. I've been warned to never eat one though.

ciao bambino

When he wrote light mayo I hope he meant a light application of real mayo, not light mayonnaise. A thin skim of mayo helps the bread stand up to a filling of "water wet" ingredients.

ciao bambino

When he wrote light mayo I hope he meant a light application of real mayo, not light mayonnaise. A thin skim of mayo helps the bread stand up to a filling of "water wet" ingredients.
I suppose.

One might also suggest the roll be toasted after cutting and before putting on the wetter ingredients.

A couple of slices of REAL cheese might accomplish the same.
I see people calling for REAL cheese, but this may be one of those "horses for courses" situations. Example: When I want a scotch and soda on the rocks I use a basic blend like Famous Grouse or Cutty Sark, not a REAL single malt like my non-chill filtered Mortlach. The blends make a better S&S.
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Steak Bomb - 03/06/24
Great looking sandwich! Just scratch the mayonnaise!
Posted By: Johnny Dollar Re: Steak Bomb - 03/06/24
I see people calling for REAL cheese, but this may be one of those "horses for courses" situations. Example: When I want a scotch and soda on the rocks I use a basic blend like Famous Grouse or Cutty Sark, not a REAL single malt like my non-chill filtered Mortlach. The blends make a better S&S.

The old “worm tub” stuff?
Yes, but which "soda"?

From an old fashioned seltzer bottle like we had delivered when I was a kid?

Or Great Value Club Soda?

wink
Shasta from the grocery store.
Shasta from the grocery store.
Cram o' the crop there!

Surprised it was the Canada Dry version.
Posted By: NDsnowman Re: Steak Bomb - 03/06/24
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged

... and I didn't think anything could improve a cheesesteak sammie... count me the [intercourse] IN!

Originally Posted by NDsnowman

I'm a sucker for the green stuff, and make my burgers like that often, even if I have to use Mtn Goat:

I need to get down there to have the real thing. The Hatch festival is on my bucket list: one day, I'll make it happen.

As for a local thing? I shudder to mention what Cincinnatians call chili. I've never known a single soul who tried it for the first time without experiencing severe gastrointestinal distress. 🤢🤮💩

Even so, they do know how to do ice cream here.

FC

If you ever get down this way for Hatch or Balloon Fiesta, look me up.
Originally Posted by Ohio7x57
Leighton that looks delicious. I might throw a few banana peppers on it.

Ron

I hear you, and as I’ve explained, it’s batter’s choice as to what you order in and on any sub (AKA hoagie or hero depending on where you’re from). You order what you want. Not a puzzle. Don’t like mayo or tomatoes or American cheese? OK, don’t order it. No need to make a big fuss and plant a flag or die on a hill over a f*cking condiment… wink

MM, light mayo means a light scrape on the roll. Diet/light mayo is far out of my wheelhouse.

Tonight at the club it’s cottontail and goose on the menu in either a fricasse or cacciatore. Maybe a few cocktails, darts, pool, cards, blazing fire and good men. American men. Pop off a few rounds and watch the geese come into the pond after sunset. In Massachusetts. Believe it or not, we’re here.
MM, light mayo means a light scrape on the roll. Diet/light mayo is far out of my wheelhouse.

Light mayo, light sour cream, light beer. All abominations. grin
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Steak Bomb - 03/07/24

Add "light jazz" to that list
Posted By: Border Doc Re: Steak Bomb - 03/07/24
For an on-the-way-home treat here, I get a torta from one of the roadside vendors. I like mine with beef and some guacamole, onions and lettuce. Get extra napkins, 'cause it can get messy, and jalapenos, 'cause we're in New Mexico.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Steak Bomb - 03/07/24

ANY jazz
Posted By: hardway Re: Steak Bomb - 03/07/24
Gotta go with al pastor.

Hell yeah….. one of the few good things about this state. We have a Carniceria here in town that does the traditional Al Pastor on a Trompo….. I’m also a sucker for REAL Carnitas cooked in a large copper Cazo …..simmered all morning in lard…. 😎
Originally Posted by 5sdad

ANY jazz
Wrong!
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Steak Bomb - 03/07/24
Oscar Peterson Trio
Posted By: fester Re: Steak Bomb - 03/07/24
Originally Posted by hardway
Gotta go with al pastor.

Hell yeah….. one of the few good things about this state. We have a Carniceria here in town that does the traditional Al Pastor on a Trompo….. I’m also a sucker for REAL Carnitas cooked in a large copper Cazo …..simmered all morning in lard…. 😎
Hella good…… I have a few spots that never disappoint.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Steak Bomb - 03/07/24
If the suns down and I had to put some food in the gullet asap…….QT

Have seen zero food wagons out and about much past lunch for the labor crowd, but QT is 24/7 and has killer egg rolls and some passable BBQ sandwiches. If it’s late (early) enough, maybe even a smoked brisket breakfast taco.

I’m sure downtown Charlotte has some better options. I’m simply not familiar though.
Posted By: BWalker Re: Steak Bomb - 03/07/24

Does one stop in to buy lutefisk regularly for lunch or something to grab on the way home after beers with buddies to eat when home? How about that nice slab of beef served on a nice ceramic plate with mashed and au jus on the side? That a thing you can call in to pick up at midnight after shooting pool? Platters or sushi or a dozen raw oysters along with a bucket steamed crabs called in on the way home? whistle

Here in New England anyway, most any town, depending on size of same, has between a handful to literally hundreds of sub shops/pizza joints in the big cities. You can get things like wings, chicken fingers, pies, salads and subs. A 'steak bomb' is but a slightly more robust form of the standard 'steak and cheese' sub. The fried onions, peppers and salami are standard on the 'bomb', but it comes however you like to order it. Hold the salami? Fine. No mayo? No problem. Add hot peppers? Sure. You want a different kind of cheese on your steak and cheese? OK, sure. Swiss, provolone, cheddar? Name your poison. No need to hate on another man's choice of cheese. Even if it's not quite a cheese. Hell, some consider that nasty, semi viscous bright yellow slop that they put on Philly steak sandwiches a cheese... smile

I rarely do chain type fast food joints, so like last night, with the wife already asleep and me not wanting to bother throwing anything together myself, called as I was leaving the club. Ten minutes later, I had my hot bomb in hand and headed home. Thought about Chinese take out, but outside the city most anything you're going to get will be American Chinese, and for a proper plate it'll cost maybe triple that of a simple sub. I've had and kind of enjoyed 'poutine', which is definitely a quick, cheap and common favorite in Quebec, but I know of no where close that serves it.

In upper MI there is a sub shop that sells a sandwich called the Torpedo. Chopped steak, American cheese, salami, pickles, mushrooms, mayo and giardinera peppers.
There is also a place where I grew up called big John's that sells steak and onion hoagies with mushroom,mayo, and a spicy sweet red sauce.
Nothin' like a good Italian grinder.........................sanwich that is. grin (Oh, the other kind is good too, but this is a sammi thread, right?)

Unfortunately, where I used to live in SoCal they had a great Grinder shop, they just closed way earlier than bar time which would have been a great time for one of their specialties.
Oscar Peterson Trio
That's a good place to start for non-light jazz.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Steak Bomb - 03/07/24
Oscar Peterson Trio

Barney Kessel.
Oscar Peterson Trio

Barney Kessel.
Will have to look for something of his.

Looking at a Monk CD next to me and he's not on it, or on any of the other CDs I have that I know of.

Probably heard him on late night jazz shows on the college stations I've listened to over the years and just didn't know it.

But, this is a food thread so I wonder, did he like a good sub sammich after a gig?
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Steak Bomb - 03/07/24
Shorty Rogers, Gerry Mulligan, Chet Baker, Stan Getz, Bud Shank, Bob Cooper, Jimmy Giuffre, Shelly Manne, Russ Freeman, Bill Holman, André Previn, Dave Brubeck, Paul Desmond.

West Coast Jazz is the Best Coast Jazz.
Posted By: kamo_gari Re: Steak Bomb - 03/08/24
But, this is a food thread so I wonder, did he like a good sub sammich after a gig?

Baby potatoes, salt pork, meat from 4 wild rabbits, 3 goose, mushrooms, celery, onions, carrots, roux, garlic and much more. Slow cooked for about 4 hours. Bunch of fishing, hunting and shooting fools included.

Every single one of these cats voted for Trump. Every single one
Posted By: Morewood Re: Steak Bomb - 03/08/24
Slim Jim meets Swiss Miss.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Steak Bomb - 03/08/24
Cool
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Steak Bomb - 03/08/24

Baby potatoes, salt pork, meat from 4 wild rabbits, 3 goose, mushrooms, celery, onions, carrots, roux, garlic and much more. Slow cooked for about 4 hours. Bunch of fishing, hunting and shooting fools included.

Oh my that looks delicious.

And say thanks to those MA fellas for their votes.
Posted By: BWalker Re: Steak Bomb - 03/08/24

Probably be good if you threw the goose in the trash!
Posted By: kamo_gari Re: Steak Bomb - 03/08/24
Originally Posted by BWalker
Probably be good if you threw the goose in the trash!

20 guys enjoyed the meal immensely, as we regularly do, using all manner of wild game and fish taken by members and prepared at the club for everyone. Next time I'll be sure to mention that I've been told by some random stranger on a web forum that moving forward we should just toss the goose meat in the trash.

I was curious, so looked at a few pages of your past posts. Perhaps you should stay in your lane and stick to posting up about Ukraine, chainsaws, trucks and canned goods. Pretty clearly, knowledge of preparing tasty meals and eating well isn't your forte. wink
© 24hourcampfire