Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Yes, Chicago.....

I know the Dems have ruined it , however , still best Restaurants............

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Leighton that looks delicious. I might throw a few banana peppers on it.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Looks good🤤

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
Here in southern Colorado we have something known as a Slopper. It consists of one or two open-faced cheeseburgers placed in a bowl, and then smothered with Pueblo green chile and topped with coarsely diced raw onions. To be eaten with a fork, and a knife, and a spoon.
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
My kid's in Ft. Collins, but I'd gladly drive to the other end o' the state to try that. Is there a recommended restaurant? Or, would I need to bribe somebody with a 12-'er of Natty Light to invite me to dinner?
I like the big Slopper that is served at the Sunset Inn in Pueblo. Many people in the area like the Slopper served at Gray's Coors Tavern in Pueblo. The B Street Cafe in Pueblo gets good reviews for their Slopper, as does the Gold Dust Saloon in Pueblo.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RUM7
Real side of the road taco truck tacos.
Gotta go with al pastor.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Carnitas. lengua, or cabeza for the win. wink

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I been eating fresh sooshi al9t this month

Sashimi is better.
I only do one thing raw.

Hint:it’s not fish

Is it unprotected sex with many, many male partners?
Burn

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Gotta go with al pastor.

add fajitas to that list.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Even if it's not quite a cheese.

That, and perhaps the mayo, is about all I would complain about on your sammi.

To answer your question, if you ever come visit we will have to get that sort of thing out of the way by 8:00 pm as hardly anything is open after that. Not sure if they are still serving food at the Brass Rail bar and Basque restaurant after that, and I think the bar closes at 10. The Niles bar might have some kitchen service, but I think they close early. Latest grocery store open is the Holiday and they close at 10P also, even if you wanted to get a take and bake or frozen pizza. Antonio's Cucina Italiana is closed at 9:00 I think.

Basically SOL around this place. Chinese place closes at 7 or 8 I think, Taco shop pretty much same time frame. I haven't been in the Subway in the 7 or so years we've been here, hardly even notice it, so I have no clue about the sawdust bread sammiches there at night.

Other places in the US I've lived I enjoyed the local after hours specialties, or better yet a machaca omelette at Jane's Country Kitchen at 0600 after a night of work and after hours partying.

Juneau AK had the pelmeni place down on the docks. The Ruskies left something good when they sold us Alaska. Them little dumplings are the bomb late at night when hunger hits.

Big friggen shrimp or carne asada burritos in SoCal from any of a million taco shops, not at the sit down type Mex places. No damn rice and beans or other fillers, burritos loaded with meat or shrimp. (I can taste it now)

I love pirogies and similar, and if I lived in an area where available late at night they would be more than suitable for dining after the sun has been down for a few hours.

Should the reverse happen, and I end up around Bean Town and your 20, I would love to sample one of those Steak Bombs. They would appear to have all the elements of fueling the furnace for the rest of the night.

Gracias amigo for starting a non-inane thread. wink

ciao bambino

In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Gotta go with al pastor.

add fajitas to that list.
Why the hell not!

In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I answered properly.

There just isn't anything up here!

You lucky bastards.
Betting you're in more of a late night food desert than we are.

We do have the Chevron station that I think is open all night. Probably get a killer "buffalo roller" there. I've been warned to never eat one though.

In it is contentment

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M

ciao bambino

When he wrote light mayo I hope he meant a light application of real mayo, not light mayonnaise. A thin skim of mayo helps the bread stand up to a filling of "water wet" ingredients.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mathman

ciao bambino

When he wrote light mayo I hope he meant a light application of real mayo, not light mayonnaise. A thin skim of mayo helps the bread stand up to a filling of "water wet" ingredients.
I suppose.

One might also suggest the roll be toasted after cutting and before putting on the wetter ingredients.

A couple of slices of REAL cheese might accomplish the same.

In it is contentment

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I see people calling for REAL cheese, but this may be one of those "horses for courses" situations. Example: When I want a scotch and soda on the rocks I use a basic blend like Famous Grouse or Cutty Sark, not a REAL single malt like my non-chill filtered Mortlach. The blends make a better S&S.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Great looking sandwich! Just scratch the mayonnaise!

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
I see people calling for REAL cheese, but this may be one of those "horses for courses" situations. Example: When I want a scotch and soda on the rocks I use a basic blend like Famous Grouse or Cutty Sark, not a REAL single malt like my non-chill filtered Mortlach. The blends make a better S&S.

The old “worm tub” stuff?

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes, but which "soda"?

From an old fashioned seltzer bottle like we had delivered when I was a kid?

Or Great Value Club Soda?

wink

In it is contentment

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Shasta from the grocery store.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Shasta from the grocery store.
Cram o' the crop there!

Surprised it was the Canada Dry version.

In it is contentment

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
Shaved steak, American cheese, grilled onions, green and red peppers, fried salami slices with chopped tomato and light mayo or some other variation of preferred 'toppings'. Served on a chewy Italian sub roll. 8 bucks and change.

... and I didn't think anything could improve a cheesesteak sammie... count me the [intercourse] IN!

Originally Posted by antlers
Here in southern Colorado we have something known as a Slopper. It consists of one or two open-faced cheeseburgers placed in a bowl, and then smothered with Pueblo green chile and topped with coarsely diced raw onions. To be eaten with a fork, and a knife, and a spoon.

My kid's in Ft. Collins, but I'd gladly drive to the other end o' the state to try that. Is there a recommended restaurant? Or, would I need to bribe somebody with a 12-'er of Natty Light to invite me to dinner?

Originally Posted by NDsnowman
Green chili cheeseburgers. But honestly, we put green chili on our Wheaties down here.

I'm a sucker for the green stuff, and make my burgers like that often, even if I have to use Mtn Goat:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I need to get down there to have the real thing. The Hatch festival is on my bucket list: one day, I'll make it happen.

As for a local thing? I shudder to mention what Cincinnatians call chili. I've never known a single soul who tried it for the first time without experiencing severe gastrointestinal distress. 🤢🤮💩

Even so, they do know how to do ice cream here.

FC

If you ever get down this way for Hatch or Balloon Fiesta, look me up.

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Ohio7x57
Leighton that looks delicious. I might throw a few banana peppers on it.

Ron

I hear you, and as I’ve explained, it’s batter’s choice as to what you order in and on any sub (AKA hoagie or hero depending on where you’re from). You order what you want. Not a puzzle. Don’t like mayo or tomatoes or American cheese? OK, don’t order it. No need to make a big fuss and plant a flag or die on a hill over a f*cking condiment… wink

MM, light mayo means a light scrape on the roll. Diet/light mayo is far out of my wheelhouse.

Tonight at the club it’s cottontail and goose on the menu in either a fricasse or cacciatore. Maybe a few cocktails, darts, pool, cards, blazing fire and good men. American men. Pop off a few rounds and watch the geese come into the pond after sunset. In Massachusetts. Believe it or not, we’re here.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (16gage, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 12344mag, 70 invisible), 3,106 guests, and 1,425 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,751
Posts18,476,255
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.