Home
Posted By: wabigoon Served Their Country? - 03/24/24
how many do you know? Less than it used to be.
Never heard of it, Richard
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Served Their Country? - 03/24/24
Back when, all our Boy Scout leaders, and several teachers were WW 2 Veterans.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Served Their Country? - 03/24/24
Salvation Army count?
In a way, yes.
Posted By: MAC Re: Served Their Country? - 03/24/24
I was active duty from Dec 1988 to Apr 2014
I thank all that served.
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Served Their Country? - 03/24/24
Originally Posted by MAC

Do Stolen Valor GI-Joe wannabes count.
Posted By: Huntz Re: Served Their Country? - 03/24/24
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by MAC

Well do you count ,Commie Steve ?
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Served Their Country? - 03/24/24
Originally Posted by MAC

What the fuqk have you contributed?
Posted By: Hastings Re: Served Their Country? - 03/24/24
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I thank all that served.
What if we drilled for oil, laid pipelines, drove trucks, raised cows, hauled out the logs, kept the trains running?
Originally Posted by Huntz
Originally Posted by MAC

Nope, I have never claimed to be a vet, unlike certain Stolen Valor POS on this forum.
Originally Posted by MAC

Nope, I have never claimed to be a vet, unlike certain Stolen Valor POS on this forum.
Maybe keep ur mouth shut n build another schit house for a Somalian might keep you busy instead of spreadin ur pathetic bullschit on the fire
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Originally Posted by MAC

Maybe keep ur mouth shut n build another schit house for a Somalian might keep you busy instead of spreadin ur pathetic bullschit on the fire

LOL, OK, tuff guy, you going to make death treats against me like you buddy the Stolen Valor lying POS.
Posted By: Westman Re: Served Their Country? - 03/24/24
I have quite a few cousins that served in Viet Nam.

My uncles that served in WWII have all passed now. Two of them were Marines in the Pacific and had a real rough go of it.

All who served are deserving of our respect for sure.
Originally Posted by MAC

LOL, OK, tuff guy, you going to make death treats against me like you buddy the Stolen Valor lying POS.
No id pay $$ to see him beat ur ass
It takes a lot, to protect a country.
Originally Posted by MAC

No id pay $$ to see him beat ur ass

LOL, fat little momma's boy playing tuff guy GI Joe on her computer, Not Hardly.
Posted By: Jericho Re: Served Their Country? - 03/24/24
I was in the USARMY for 6 years, and not a day goes by that I dont think about some of the people that I knew. Wherever they are at I wish them all well.
Posted By: Armednfree Re: Served Their Country? - 03/24/24
1978-1982 U.S. Navy. Nothing special except The Iranian Hostage Crisis.
Posted By: JohnnyLoco Re: Served Their Country? - 03/24/24
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I thank all that served.
What if we drilled for oil, laid pipelines, drove trucks, raised cows, hauled out the logs, kept the trains running?

I knew some puzzy can’t kut it Kkkuuunt would try to compare !
Posted By: MAC Re: Served Their Country? - 03/24/24
Originally Posted by MAC

He is a punk. Don't waste your time on punks. That punk seems to spend a fair amount of his time stalking me. Not sure why? Maybe his boyfriend kicked him to the curb but I don't swing that way. One thing for certain is he was a punk yesterday, he is a punk today and he will be a punk tomorrow.
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by MAC

He is a punk. Don't waste your time on punks. That punk seems to spend a fair amount of his time stalking me. Not sure why? Maybe his boyfriend kicked him to the curb but I don't swing that way. One thing for certain is he was a punk yesterday, he is a punk today and he will be a punk tomorrow.

Tuff talk from a Stolen Valor Momma's boy, playing Soldier Man on her computer.

You going to threaten my life again you lying POS.
Posted By: MAC Re: Served Their Country? - 03/25/24
He was a punk yesterday, he is a punk today and he will be a punk tomorrow.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Served Their Country? - 03/25/24
Sounds like Stevie is a butt hurt bitch
Posted By: MAC Re: Served Their Country? - 03/25/24
Sounds like Stevie is a butt hurt bitch

See my post above yours. He was a punk yesterday, he is a punk today and he will ne a punk tomorrow. It really is that simple.
Posted By: PJGunner Re: Served Their Country? - 03/25/24
USAF 1960 to 1964.
PJ
I've learned that being in the military and serving your country are not synonymous.
Posted By: Mohall57 Re: Served Their Country? - 03/25/24
Wonder what percentage of our members are ex military, how it compares to the national average. USN 1960-1964 aviation electronics mate.
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: Served Their Country? - 03/25/24
I haven’t served but I have fought as many or more commies as a conservative teacher than most who have served. I have been stabbed, punched, kicked, shot at, the whole enchilada. I would guess that dividend time in Ambler was as rough as fahlluja and I have talked to many who went.
Posted By: Teal Re: Served Their Country? - 03/25/24
9 in my immediate family, including me. 2 of my 3 neighbors did (LOTS of Navy where I live due to our 2 nuclear power plants in the area).

Just about everyone I talk to on a regular basis outside of work - served in some way.
Posted By: Cluggins Re: Served Their Country? - 03/25/24
I lived in San Diego a long time ago. I kept a lot of squid wives happy. I guess that counts.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Served Their Country? - 03/25/24
Originally Posted by Cluggins
I lived in San Diego a long time ago. I kept a lot of squid wives happy. I guess that counts.

If it weren't for Coasties, there wouldn't be any pretty Navy babies.

What's the first thing a Navy wife does in the morning? Gets an Uber ride home.

What's the difference between a Navy Wife and a Ferrari? Not everyone has been in a Ferrari.
Posted By: Chuck_R Re: Served Their Country? - 03/25/24
5 out of 6 in my immediate family served.

I enlisted at 18 and retired from the army after 23 years in 05, then went to work as a Dept of Army Civilian until 30DEC.

Ft. Leavenworth/Combined Arms Center and the surrounding community is a unique place:

https://usacac.army.mil/about-cac

CAC is labeled as the "Intellectual Center for the Army" so the majority of the positions on post consist of mid-higher level ranks both uniform and civilian. A large number of the service members retire here, remain in the local area due to jobs on post and the KC/Topeka areas.

The majority of the people I know and interact with served, and retired.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

What's the difference between a Navy Wife and a Ferrari? Not everyone has been in a Ferrari.

3rd week of basic training - some poor guy asked Boats if the Coast Guard got paid the same as the Navy. BM2 smoked him for 30 minutes for asking and said over and over "I cross oceans, not ponds"
Originally Posted by Teal

3rd week of basic training - some poor guy asked Boats if the Coast Guard got paid the same as the Navy. BM2 smoked him for 30 minutes for asking and said over and over "I cross oceans, not ponds"

I was on a deployable counter-narcotics team that did Coast Guard boardings off of Navy ships. We'd razz the hell out of each other. I'd remind them that they were a 300+ person Navy ship whose sole purpose was the support 8 Coasties doing something none of them were qualified to do.

I was on a deployable counter-narcotics team that did Coast Guard boardings off of Navy ships. We'd razz the hell out of each other. I'd remind them that they were a 300+ person Navy ship whose sole purpose was the support 8 Coasties doing something none of them were qualified to do.

The Navy, if they wanted to and got the funding to - could be capable in counter narco but it probably would be messy and the .gov likes to send the Navy over the horizon.

GF's ex-husband was Coast Guard - he's not super bright. Probably good he spent his time close to shore lol.

The Navy, if they wanted to and got the funding to - could be capable in counter narco but it probably would be messy and the .gov likes to send the Navy over the horizon.

GF's ex-husband was Coast Guard - he's not super bright. Probably good he spent his time close to shore lol.

lololol. Yeah, I have worked with some not so bright ones. Our IT folks likely considered me to be not so bright. I am a fair bit sluggish on the technological uptake.
Posted By: timber_nomad Re: Served Their Country? - 03/25/24
I work with a lot of veterans because my employer gives strong hiring preference to vets. As far as the guys go, it’s a pretty mixed bag. Just like any other group of people. But I absolutely appreciate what they did.
Posted By: Timbermaster Re: Served Their Country? - 03/25/24
Not enough action for Wabs down in the “Military” forum:
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jim270 Re: Served Their Country? - 03/25/24
US Army 78-81 95B1P. AZNG 82-90 13E3.

It amazes me that not only on this post, but like the three others just like it, that the ones that stubbed their toe either leaving their house, or going into the recruiting office and therefore couldn't go, have to chime in on a veterans post.

Actually, it's more of a Posse Comitatus Act thing that prevents active military from performing law enforcement duties. Since the Coast Guard is a subset of the Dept. of Homeland Security, not Dept. of Defense it's their bailiwick because they have an exemption.

Same thing with National Guard, unless they're federalized.
Originally Posted by Jim270
US Army 78-81 95B1P. AZNG 82-90 13E3.

It amazes me that not only on this post, but like the three others just like it, that the ones that stubbed their toe either leaving their house, or going into the recruiting office and therefore couldn't go, have to chime in on a veterans post.

When were you at McClellan?

I was an enlisted MP from 78-81 went through basic and AIT SEP-DEC.

Got out in 81, went to school in 82, ran out of money and the ROTC guys got me. Spent 87-05 as an FA officer.
Posted By: Teeder Re: Served Their Country? - 03/25/24
My boy is in now.

[Linked Image]

Got out in 81, went to school in 82, ran out of money and the ROTC guys got me. Spent 87-05 as an FA officer.[/quote]

I was at McClellan from Jan-last part of Apr or May 78. Benning then Bragg.
Originally Posted by Jim270

Got out in 81, went to school in 82, ran out of money and the ROTC guys got me. Spent 87-05 as an FA officer.

I was at McClellan from Jan-last part of Apr or May 78. Benning then Bragg.[/quote]

Benning for jump school?

Did mine at Bragg after advance camp.

I went from McClellan to FT. Eustis, then to 2ID Camp Casey, then back to Ft. Belvoir to ETS.
Benning for jump school?

Did mine at Bragg after advance camp.

I went from McClellan to FT. Eustis, then to 2ID Camp Casey, then back to Ft. Belvoir to ETS.[/quote]

Yes, Jump School at Benning, then I was assigned to the 82nd MP Co at Bragg.
Posted By: BadHabit Re: Served Their Country? - 03/26/24
Enlisted in November 86. Basic/AIT in the summer of '87 at Ft. McClellan. Made E6 in 10. Went inactive a few years while in school then got a degree. The Army National Guard didn't k own what to do with me so they made me an officer. After taking a 9 year break (long story there) I got back in. Hope yo be pinning on O5 soon.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Served Their Country? - 03/26/24
A Salute of respect to ALL of my brothers who served our nation... we average one out of every 100 people.

Grew up in a military household as a dependent also. StepDad passed this pass November just before his 93rd birthday.
He served 10 years Marine Corps, and 16 years Air Force as a pilot. Then served two years Hawaii National Guard and then 24 years in the State Dept, serving as the US representative to SEATO with 55 counterparts from other member nations.

many other Uncles served during WW2 and Korea, some made careers of it. 3 died in service to their country in WW 2.
Same with the wife's family also. Great Granddad's served in WW 1 also, to include their brothers.

Me, Sept 75 to Dec 31, 82.
Posted By: BMT Re: Served Their Country? - 03/26/24
I got as far as MEPS, Oakland, CA., in October 1986.

Budget cuts (1986 Gramm Rudman Deficit Reduction Act) ended my career before it even started.

BMT
Posted By: Keith1 Re: Served Their Country? - 03/26/24
USMC 1958-62 Semper Fi
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Served Their Country? - 03/26/24
My Big Brother was a Marine.
Posted By: jc189 Re: Served Their Country? - 03/26/24
U.S. ARMY. 1977-80, Ft. Benning Ga.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Served Their Country? - 03/26/24
I was in the Navy back in the '60s... Quite a few of my friends I yak to at coffee in the local cafe are vets; some during the same time I was in.. Lots of 'em in this area..
Posted By: Huntz Re: Served Their Country? - 03/26/24

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That must have been sucking cock .
Posted By: Paul39 Re: Served Their Country? - 03/26/24
USAF 1956-1960. Grandfather served as Army officer in WW I and II. Have a photo of him as a 50-something captain. His service stripes tell the story.
© 24hourcampfire