Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
US Army 78-81 95B1P. AZNG 82-90 13E3.

It amazes me that not only on this post, but like the three others just like it, that the ones that stubbed their toe either leaving their house, or going into the recruiting office and therefore couldn't go, have to chime in on a veterans post.

GB1

C
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Cluggins
I lived in San Diego a long time ago. I kept a lot of squid wives happy. I guess that counts.

If it weren't for Coasties, there wouldn't be any pretty Navy babies.

What's the first thing a Navy wife does in the morning? Gets an Uber ride home.

What's the difference between a Navy Wife and a Ferrari? Not everyone has been in a Ferrari.

3rd week of basic training - some poor guy asked Boats if the Coast Guard got paid the same as the Navy. BM2 smoked him for 30 minutes for asking and said over and over "I cross oceans, not ponds"

I was on a deployable counter-narcotics team that did Coast Guard boardings off of Navy ships. We'd razz the hell out of each other. I'd remind them that they were a 300+ person Navy ship whose sole purpose was the support 8 Coasties doing something none of them were qualified to do.

The Navy, if they wanted to and got the funding to - could be capable in counter narco but it probably would be messy and the .gov likes to send the Navy over the horizon.

GF's ex-husband was Coast Guard - he's not super bright. Probably good he spent his time close to shore lol.

Actually, it's more of a Posse Comitatus Act thing that prevents active military from performing law enforcement duties. Since the Coast Guard is a subset of the Dept. of Homeland Security, not Dept. of Defense it's their bailiwick because they have an exemption.

Same thing with National Guard, unless they're federalized.

“Might does not make right but it sure makes what is.”
C
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by Jim270
US Army 78-81 95B1P. AZNG 82-90 13E3.

It amazes me that not only on this post, but like the three others just like it, that the ones that stubbed their toe either leaving their house, or going into the recruiting office and therefore couldn't go, have to chime in on a veterans post.

When were you at McClellan?

I was an enlisted MP from 78-81 went through basic and AIT SEP-DEC.

Got out in 81, went to school in 82, ran out of money and the ROTC guys got me. Spent 87-05 as an FA officer.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My boy is in now.

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J

Got out in 81, went to school in 82, ran out of money and the ROTC guys got me. Spent 87-05 as an FA officer.[/quote]

I was at McClellan from Jan-last part of Apr or May 78. Benning then Bragg.

IC B2

C
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by Jim270

Got out in 81, went to school in 82, ran out of money and the ROTC guys got me. Spent 87-05 as an FA officer.

I was at McClellan from Jan-last part of Apr or May 78. Benning then Bragg.[/quote]

Benning for jump school?

Did mine at Bragg after advance camp.

I went from McClellan to FT. Eustis, then to 2ID Camp Casey, then back to Ft. Belvoir to ETS.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Benning for jump school?

Did mine at Bragg after advance camp.

I went from McClellan to FT. Eustis, then to 2ID Camp Casey, then back to Ft. Belvoir to ETS.[/quote]

Yes, Jump School at Benning, then I was assigned to the 82nd MP Co at Bragg.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Enlisted in November 86. Basic/AIT in the summer of '87 at Ft. McClellan. Made E6 in 10. Went inactive a few years while in school then got a degree. The Army National Guard didn't k own what to do with me so they made me an officer. After taking a 9 year break (long story there) I got back in. Hope yo be pinning on O5 soon.

At one with the gun.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
A Salute of respect to ALL of my brothers who served our nation... we average one out of every 100 people.

Grew up in a military household as a dependent also. StepDad passed this pass November just before his 93rd birthday.
He served 10 years Marine Corps, and 16 years Air Force as a pilot. Then served two years Hawaii National Guard and then 24 years in the State Dept, serving as the US representative to SEATO with 55 counterparts from other member nations.

many other Uncles served during WW2 and Korea, some made careers of it. 3 died in service to their country in WW 2.
Same with the wife's family also. Great Granddad's served in WW 1 also, to include their brothers.

Me, Sept 75 to Dec 31, 82.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I got as far as MEPS, Oakland, CA., in October 1986.

Budget cuts (1986 Gramm Rudman Deficit Reduction Act) ended my career before it even started.

BMT

Last edited by BMT; 03/25/24.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
IC B3

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
USMC 1958-62 Semper Fi

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
My Big Brother was a Marine.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
U.S. ARMY. 1977-80, Ft. Benning Ga.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I was in the Navy back in the '60s... Quite a few of my friends I yak to at coffee in the local cafe are vets; some during the same time I was in.. Lots of 'em in this area..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Cluggins
I lived in San Diego a long time ago. I kept a lot of squid wives happy. I guess that counts.

If it weren't for Coasties, there wouldn't be any pretty Navy babies.

What's the first thing a Navy wife does in the morning? Gets an Uber ride home.

What's the difference between a Navy Wife and a Ferrari? Not everyone has been in a Ferrari.

3rd week of basic training - some poor guy asked Boats if the Coast Guard got paid the same as the Navy. BM2 smoked him for 30 minutes for asking and said over and over "I cross oceans, not ponds"

I was on a deployable counter-narcotics team that did Coast Guard boardings off of Navy ships. We'd razz the hell out of each other. I'd remind them that they were a 300+ person Navy ship whose sole purpose was the support 8 Coasties doing something none of them were qualified to do.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That must have been sucking cock .

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
USAF 1956-1960. Grandfather served as Army officer in WW I and II. Have a photo of him as a 50-something captain. His service stripes tell the story.

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 64 invisible), 2,548 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,716
Posts18,475,684
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.