Home
For Republican VP slot. Heard it on XM radio on the way home. Thoughts?

I think she will be fine, bring in a lot of the Female vote. Be Trump over Biden. Les
Not nearly the looks of Palin. wink

Will the indictment (in spite of acquittal) hurt?
I think it would. I would love to see Palin, but Hutchinson is outta texas and is a known Senator. She also sits on the VA Committe. Les
I was talking to my women attorneys (dem) today that it would be McCains smartest move. I hope your right.

Doc
I would love it. Direct access to the VP. One of our senior partners went to law school with her and is on a first name basis with her.

She is a heck of a nice lady, by the way.
What about her oil donations and moderate abortion stance?

Personally I think that if she is picked, it would be a stroke of genius (albeit a purely cynical political stroke. But I kind of appreciate that.)
Fantastic choice.

It knee-caps the Dems, immediately.

KBH or Sarah Palin for McCain's VP, and Obama is a footnote to history, and stupid damned fast.
I get a different vibe from everything I've read. Hutchenson has some supposed baggage.
I think it would be great, unless there is something nasty in the closet.
Seems to be a classy lady with a sound brain.

I've long thought that she might be a good choice.
Originally Posted by Violator22
I think she will be fine, bring in a lot of the Female vote. Be Trump over Biden. Les

What your neighbors dog left in your yard last week would be a trump over biden.
I'm a Romney fan but Hutchinson would not be a bad choice. Here's her record

http://www.ontheissues.org/Senate/Kay_Bailey_Hutchison.htm
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE

What your neighbors dog left in your yard last week would be a trump over biden.

Biden brings the "men with hairplugs" vote.
Originally Posted by shreck
� Hutchenson has some supposed baggage. �

The libiots have a long history of trying to tie albatrosses around even Jesus's neck.

Rumors and calumny come and spread easily. Facts?
This one bothers me.

Voted NO on banning lawsuits against gun manufacturers for gun violence. (Mar 2004)
Originally Posted by Ken Howell

The libiots have a long history of trying to tie albatrosses around even Jesus's neck.

No facts, none whatsoever. A vibe is all. Rumors. We should know before dove seasons opens up.
Monday. Before Monday, all I care about is dove season... grin
Campean and Ramos, still in the Slammer (she'd have an AWFUL Lotta CLOUT on this one)....bothers me.

GTC
This one bothers me.

Voted NO on banning lawsuits against gun manufacturers for gun violence. (Mar 2004)

She is a lawyer. Her husband is a senior partner in one of the biggest firms around. She philosophically believes in lawsuits.
Originally Posted by Cossatotjoe
She is a lawyer. Her husband is a senior partner in one of the biggest firms around. She philosophically believes in lawsuits.

I philosophically believe in freedom and so should the president/VP. Freedom from the BS that was the rash of lawsuits against the firearm industry.
Originally Posted by Ken Howell

No facts, none whatsoever. A vibe is all. Rumors. We should know before dove seasons opens up.
Monday. Before Monday, all I care about is dove season... grin

Actually, she was indicted in 1993 and went to trial. The judge ruled just about all the DA's evidence against inadmissable and then instructed the jury to find her "not guilty". They did.

There were allegations of some hanky panky on that deal. Or, of course, the case against her could just have been complete BS.
Originally Posted by teal
Originally Posted by Cossatotjoe

I philosophically believe in freedom and so should the president/VP. Freedom from the BS that was the rash of lawsuits against the firearm industry.

No, freedom to seek a remedy in the courts is one of our fundamental rights. It may be that the cases were BS, but I really don't feel any better about that law, even though I benefit from it, than I do about the lie that is tort reform.
This one bothers me.

That bill had a rider that required background checks at gun shows. She may have voted against it because she read the bill she was voting on.
And I agree but as a non lawyer (and a vast majority of voters aren't lawyers) I see the legislation against BS lawsuits that targeted firearm mfgs as something that was a no brainer and voting against that as a problem. I have not problem with seeking remedy thru the courts but that isn't what was going on - it wasn't remedy but a concentrated effort at extorting $$ from the mfgs and of trying to put those legitimate businesses into bankruptcy and by extension band guns from Americans.

Perception = reality and that perception is going to be an issue.
Be that as it may, I'm pretty much against a broad prohibition of any sort of lawsuit.
She would likely add to his campaign and draw some more of the disgruntled Hillary supporters off the fence and onto Mc Cain's side.

Mc Cain supposedly loathes her, but stranger bedfellows have been paired before, e.g. Kennedy and LBJ.

Keep in mind, though, that allowing rumors to grow in order to try to steal some attention from the competition is an old political manuever.
This is a summary of the bill she voted against..

Voted NO on banning lawsuits against gun manufacturers for gun violence.
Vote to pass a bill that would block certain civil lawsuits against manufacturers, distributors, dealers and importers of firearms and ammunition, mainly those lawsuits aimed at making them liable for gun violence. In this bill, trade groups would also be protected The bill would call for the dismissal of pending lawsuits against the gun industry. The exception would be lawsuits regarding a defect in a weapon or ammunition. It also would provide a 10-year reauthorization of the assault weapons ban which is set to expire in September 2004. The bill would increase the penalties for gun-related violent or drug trafficking crimes which have not resulted in death, to a minimum of 15 years imprisonment. The bill calls for criminal background checks on all firearm transactions at gun shows where at least 75 guns are sold. Exemptions would be made available for dealers selling guns from their homes as well as members-only gun swaps and meets carried out by nonprofit hunting clubs

I would have voted no as well
I have nothing but respect for Kay and my wife has met her and liked her as well. tom
I agree with her vote as well - but like I said, most people don't know that. Look at the guy arrested in Denver - didn't know the largest concentration of people driven to make his hunting trip illegal (can't own guns at all) was going on. A VERY large number of hunters/shooters don't actually follow what the people who are elected do or stand for.

I just hope that if Kay is his running mate, they have answers ready for those types of questions.
[quote=noKnees]This is a summary of the bill she voted against..

Vote to pass a bill that would block certain civil lawsuits against manufacturers, distributors, dealers and importers of firearms and ammunition, mainly those lawsuits aimed at making them liable for gun violence. In this bill, trade groups would also be protected The bill would call for the dismissal of pending lawsuits against the gun industry. The exception would be lawsuits regarding a defect in a weapon or ammunition. It also would provide a 10-year reauthorization of the assault weapons ban which is set to expire in September 2004. The bill would increase the penalties for gun-related violent or drug trafficking crimes which have not resulted in death, to a minimum of 15 years imprisonment. The bill calls for criminal background checks on all firearm transactions at gun shows where at least 75 guns are sold. Exemptions would be made available for dealers selling guns from their homes as well as members-only gun swaps and meets carried out by nonprofit hunting clubs

I would have voted no as well [/quot

Thanks for the quick heads up on that,.....NoKnees. I'm a "Benifit of the doubt" sorta' guy,.......I do hope she's a good choice,....

GTC
This one bothers me.

How about the real scoop? Please note what the Bill she voted against REALLY said......she voted the right way!!!!!!

http://www.ontheissues.org/Domestic/Kay_Bailey_Hutchison_Gun_Control.htm

Kay Bailey Hutchison on Gun Control

Republican Sr Senator (TX)

Voted YES on prohibiting foreign & UN aid that restricts US gun ownership.

Amendment SA 2774 to H.R. 2764, the Department of State's International Aid bill: To prohibit the use of funds by international organizations, agencies, and entities (including the United Nations) that require the registration of, or taxes guns owned by citizens of the United States.
Proponents support voting YES because:
Sen. VITTER: This is a straight funding limitation amendment. Many folks who haven't followed the proceedings on this in the U.N. may ask: What is this all about? Unfortunately, it is about an effort in the United Nations to bring gun control to various countries through that international organization. Unfortunately, that has been an ongoing effort which poses a real threat, back to 1995. In 2001, the UN General Assembly adopted a program of action designed to infringe on second amendment rights. The Vitter amendment simply says we are not going to support any international organization that requires a registration of US citizens' guns or taxes US citizens' guns. If other folks in this Chamber think that is not happening, that it is never going to happen, my reply is simple and straightforward: Great, then this language has no effect. It is no harm to pass it as a failsafe. It has no impact. But, in fact, related efforts have been going on in the U.N. since at least 1995. I hope this can get very wide, bipartisan support, and I urge all my colleagues to support this very fundamental, straightforward amendment.
No opponents spoke against the bill.
Reference: Vitter Amendment to State Dept. Appropriations Bill; Bill S.Amdt. 2774 to H.R. 2764 ; vote number 2007-321 on Sep 6, 2007

Voted YES on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers.

A bill to prohibit civil liability actions from being brought or continued against manufacturers, distributors, dealers, or importers of firearms or ammunition for damages, injunctive or other relief resulting from the misuse of their products by others. Voting YES would:
Exempt lawsuits brought against individuals who knowingly transfer a firearm that will be used to commit a violent or drug-trafficking crime
Exempt lawsuits against actions that result in death, physical injury or property damage due solely to a product defect
Call for the dismissal of all qualified civil liability actions pending on the date of enactment by the court in which the action was brought
Prohibit the manufacture, import, sale or delivery of armor piercing ammunition, and sets a minimum prison term of 15 years for violations
Require all licensed importers, manufacturers and dealers who engage in the transfer of handguns to provide secure gun storage or safety devices
Reference: Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act; Bill S 397 ; vote number 2005-219 on Jul 29, 2005

Vote to pass a bill that would block certain civil lawsuits against manufacturers, distributors, dealers and importers of firearms and ammunition, mainly those lawsuits aimed at making them liable for gun violence. In this bill, trade groups would also be protected The bill would call for the dismissal of pending lawsuits against the gun industry. The exception would be lawsuits regarding a defect in a weapon or ammunition. It also would provide a 10-year reauthorization of the assault weapons ban which is set to expire in September 2004. The bill would increase the penalties for gun-related violent or drug trafficking crimes which have not resulted in death, to a minimum of 15 years imprisonment. The bill calls for criminal background checks on all firearm transactions at gun shows where at least 75 guns are sold. Exemptions would be made available for dealers selling guns from their homes as well as members-only gun swaps and meets carried out by nonprofit hunting clubs.
Reference: Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act; Bill S.1805/H.R.1036 ; vote number 2004-30 on Mar 2, 2004

Voted NO on background checks at gun shows.

Require background checks on all firearm sales at gun shows.
Reference: Lautenberg Amdt #362; Bill S. 254 ; vote number 1999-134 on May 20, 1999

Voted YES on more penalties for gun & drug violations.

The Hatch amdt would increase mandatory penalties for the illegal transfer or use of firearms, fund additional drug case prosecutors, and require background check on purchasers at gun shows. [A YES vote supports stricter penalties].
Reference: Hatch Amendment #344; Bill S. 254 ; vote number 1999-118 on May 14, 1999

Voted YES on loosening license & background checks at gun shows.

Vote to table or kill a motion to require that all gun sales at gun shows be completed by federally licensed gun dealers. Also requires background checks to be completed on buyers and requires gun show promoters to register with the Treasury.
Reference: Bill S.254 ; vote number 1999-111 on May 11, 1999

Voted YES on maintaining current law: guns sold without trigger locks.

Vote to table [kill] an amendment to make it unlawful for gun dealers to sell handguns without providing trigger locks. Violation of the law would result in civil penalties, such as suspension or revocation of the dealer's license, or a fine.
Reference: Bill S 2260 ; vote number 1998-216 on Jul 21, 1998
Ban gun registration & trigger lock law in Washington DC.

Hutchison sponsored banning gun registration & trigger lock law in Washington DC
Nothing in any provision of law shall authorize the Mayor, or any governmental authority of the District of Columbia, to prohibit possessing firearms by a person who is allowed to possess firearms under federal law.
Denies the District any authority to enact laws or regulations that discourage or eliminate the private ownership or use of firearms.
Repeals the ban on semiautomatic weapons.
Repeals the District's registration requirement for possession of firearms.
Repeals the trigger lock law.
Maintains the current ban on the possession and control of a sawed-off shotgun, machine gun, or short-barreled rifle.
Eliminates criminal penalties for possessing an unregistered firearm.
Specifies exceptions to the prohibition against carrying concealed weapons in the District.
Source: D.C. Personal Protection Act (H.R.1399/S.1001) 2007-S1001 on Mar 27, 2007

If Mr McCain put Mrs Kay Bailey Hutchison on the ticket with him I'll bet 40 quaters to a nickel Mr Obama WILL WITHOUT A DOUBT BE YOUR/MINE next Commander in Chief virtually a SHOE in!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE Mr McCain put her on the ticket thaaaaaat's right put her on the ticket....... Hey guys we'll know tomorrow want we!!!!
I'm fine with it. might be really smart.
Yer dreamin' buddy, Hutchinson will pull the female vote from Obammy in droves. I know it is a challenge to accept that the chosen one is screwed.
Yer dreamin' buddy, Hutchinson will pull the female vote from Obammy in droves. I know it is a challenge to accept that the chosen one is screwed.
Les I love ya by the pound and respect tha HE!! outta what you say but I beg to differ after what I saw last night at the convention as per what Mrs Clinton said I fill the women(most not all) that stood behind her WILL vote for Mr Obama.........now I could be DEAD wrong but the show she put on last night was very much so electrifying and most of the women voters will without a doubt listen to her.....no why because they think the WORLD of her(Mrs. Clinton)!!
I think Romney is a person that would guarantee Obama winning. Personally he brings too much baggage for me as a conservative I can't imagine what people in the middle think of him.

Kay Baily Hutchison just bought a new house down the road here in Nacogdoches, TX....not sure why. I guess she won't be moving in soon.
I think her argument was more based on federalism and lack of a federal issue. Texas, and most states you'd want to live in, already had such bans.
[quote=Popapi and most of the women voters will without a doubt listen to her.....no why because they think the WORLD of her(Mrs. Clinton)!![/quote]

Not the women with brains or income, unless they're in the 7 figure per annum bracket Popai

election votes of intelligent people are not cast due to race or gender as some would like us to believe, but by character and stance upon issues.

I've no doubt my campfire brethern that I've come to know by their postings would be in hale and hearty support of Condoleza Rice if she was the candidate against Barak Obama, imagine they'd even give her a pass on her sexual preference (that's if there's validity to the rumors in the first place)

I've long felt for average to above average intelligent folk, MLK's dream came true, we judge you by your character and your content, nada else. and yes THAT is one more thing that makes me proud to be an American!
KBH has been a pretty good senator, but nothing outstanding. She comes from a state McCain will carry by double digits. Other than the chick thing, she adds nothing to the ticket. Not a super bad choice, but not one I would make. I still think its Pawlenty.
I'm hearing she intends to run for Governor of Texas and will not even finish her term in the Senate.
Kinda doubt the VP thing.
Even McCain�Miss-Piggy would be preferable to OhBuyMe-Biden.
Although I like Pawlenty, he gives the appearance of milk toast. Don't think he has what it takes to go head to head with blabbermouth Joe. The Dems would have to tread very lightly in dealing with KBH. Might be a smart move. Even smarter would be Carly Fiorina. Have been watching her, very intelligent and quick on her feet. Might be a smarter move.
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Fantastic choice.

It knee-caps the Dems, immediately.

KBH or Sarah Palin for McCain's VP, and Obama is a footnote to history, and stupid damned fast.

+1
I think Hutchison would be a decent choice for VP, but her being on the ticket isn't going to get TX any more votes in the Electoral College (i.e., it doesn't help McCain directly in terms of votes from her home state). Definitely a better choice than what I've been seeing floated over the past couple weeks (Romney, Dems, NYC mayor Bloomberg).

I still hold out hope that the governor of either LA or AK will be on the ticket. I think either of them would add a lot to the ticket. Hutchison only adds a woman to the ticket, albeit one with a solid conservative voting record.
Originally Posted by Popapi
If Mr McCain put Mrs Kay Bailey Hutchison on the ticket with him I'll bet 40 quaters to a nickel Mr Obama WILL WITHOUT A DOUBT BE YOUR/MINE next Commander in Chief virtually a SHOE in!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE Mr McCain put her on the ticket thaaaaaat's right put her on the ticket....... Hey guys we'll know tomorrow want we!!!!

I'll take those odds............
Originally Posted by 1akhunter
[quote=Popapi and most of the women voters will without a doubt listen to her.....no why because they think the WORLD of her(Mrs. Clinton)!!

Not the women with brains or income, unless they're in the 7 figure per annum bracket Popai

election votes of intelligent people are not cast due to race or gender as some would like us to believe, but by character and stance upon issues.

I've no doubt my campfire brethern that I've come to know by their postings would be in hale and hearty support of Condoleza Rice if she was the candidate against Barak Obama, imagine they'd even give her a pass on her sexual preference (that's if there's validity to the rumors in the first place)

I've long felt for average to above average intelligent folk, MLK's dream came true, we judge you by your character and your content, nada else. and yes THAT is one more thing that makes me proud to be an American! [/quote]

Wow,.....

Nice to be called brethren,....bro.

Damned fine words,....you just NAILED it.

Catch you later,....I gotta' get back to my "Redneck Roots"

I had a Beet joke going,...but got distracted,......the 27th of August, 2008 should be noted as one of the stranger days we've seen.

Oh well, when the goin' gets strange, the strange get goin.

GTC
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
KBH has been a pretty good senator, but nothing outstanding. She comes from a state McCain will carry by double digits. Other than the chick thing, she adds nothing to the ticket. Not a super bad choice, but not one I would make. I still think its Pawlenty.
You betta tell em that again cause I don't think ur Republican counterparts here heard ya...
Originally Posted by Blaine

I'll take those odds............
wink OK...
FWIW:

"How much is it gonna cost me" is the question of the day.

Romney on the Economy is my bet for November.

But, who know?

BMT
How would KBH hold up in the debates compared to Romney??

Adds nothing other than being 100x more likeable, presentable, conservative, interesting than McCain.

McCain HAS to get someone on board that's not an old stiff that reminds people of their great grandfather who is kinda "out of it".

Sad it works that way but it does.

Lotta people have mentioned Jindal. I like him. I graduated high school with him.

I think he has a LOT to learn. He nearly stepped into a major booboo in his first 4 months in office and nearly faced a recall vote (some associated with the booboo still might). I think ultimately he would be a liability in the long run.
KBH is a long time Senator and much of her appeal stems from her longevity. Her baggage is manageable,IMO but she can provide no EC power to McCain's election.

I'm sticking with a Romney selection which I expect will made later today. I have said Pawlenty was on the short list for awhile now but I don't believe he provides the EC help or has the same stature as Romney.

Pawlenty is kind of like Warner or Kaine in national popularity and recognition and I think we need a more recognizable and powerful name right out of the chute to deal with Biden's antics.
Any concern that at age 65 she is "too old" to counter the age of McCain? 2 people old enough for Social Security running on the same ticket?

Don't know but it could be an issue.

I know women are 52% of the voting public so she helps in that regard.

Texas is a solid red state?

Harry M.

McCain can put Charley Manson on the ticket and he'll still win by 40 states. BTW Papi, I noted you avoided my thread onhow McCain and Obama stand on the issues, so I assume you agree on the differences? jorge

If that's a serious offer and not just blubbering, I'll take you up on that bet.
She is one of the most respectable politicians I've ever been around,for what that's worth, and would definately swing a huge percentage of the undecided to McCain. She is definately pro-hunting, pro-gun and in touch with reality.
Originally Posted by muleshoe

If that's a serious offer and not just blubbering, I'll take you up on that bet.

Add another one to the taking Popapi's quarters list.....
Jindal needs time in grade, and seasoning, to be a viable national candidate on his own. I don't know too many Texans, including me, who think KBH is exactly a rocket scientist. Now, its true that about 40% of women can't stand Hillary, and she'd attract them, but so would McCain without her. Given McC's age, I want somebody who has actually run something...and who won't give the election away.

KBH probably fulfills the second condition, but not the first. I could live with her, but I think Pawlenty is a stronger choice, particularly since Minnesota and Wisconsin are very much in play, and Texas isn't.
Unless she has changed her mind she is not interested.

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news...ant-to-be-vice-president-2008-02-26.html

Thursday, August 28, 2008 -

The Hill newspaper will publish daily at the Democratic and Republican conventions � See DNC party pictures here � The Hill Employment Classifieds � To advertise in The Hill's Special Reports please contact Everett Kimball at 202-349-8118

Home Leading The News Sen. Hutchison: �I do not want to be vice president�

Leading The News

Sen. Hutchison: �I do not want to be vice president�
By Bob Cusack
Posted: 02/26/08 01:31 PM [ET]
Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-Texas) reiterated Tuesday that she has no interest in becoming Sen. John McCain�s (R-Ariz.) running mate.

During an interview on MSNBC, Hutchison said, �I don�t want to be vice president. I�ve said that over and over again. I�m going in a different direction. I really do not want to be vice president.�

Pressed on whether she would turn McCain down, Hutchison responded, �I think there are a lot of people who are qualified to be president who could be vice president. And he�s got a lot of factors to consider. And what states he needs to carry, who are people qualified who have some national experience to be able to take over as president, some great governors. So I think that he�s going to have ample choices.�

Hutchison, who is said to be considering a gubernatorial bid in 2010, added, �I want to be helpful. I want to be on the team. I do not want to be vice president.�

KBH could have some problems being a pro-chice candidate,as well.
I posted a Washington Times Editorial recommending Kay Bailey Hutchison above. She looks fine to me but most of my anti abortion friends won't like the selection.
I thought the Times had a preference for Fiorina.
As stunned as I was with O's choice of Biden, I'd be more stunned with Kay as VP for McCain......

Edited to add: Apparently Rove had something to do with Lieberman not being asked to take the VP spot. McCain wanted Lieberman!
Picking Romney is a death sentence outside of maybe the Northeast and 2-3 other states TOPS.

If I hear how he is conservative as a govenor of a liberal state one more time...that should tell you exactly how conservative he really is. It's like someone being labelled a conservative in San Fran.

Who is Romney going to appeal to that already isn't backed into a corner with McCain as their only choice? Please.

Let's pick more rich white guys (and a mormon on top of that) that until 2 years ago 95% of the electorate had never heard of.....AND pick someone who is labeled as a great conservative and couldn't even get off the ground in the primary. Sorry, he's a bust. He's a smile and a suit. We need more.
Originally Posted by gahuntertom
I posted a Washington Times Editorial recommending Kay Bailey Hutchison above. She looks fine to me but most of my anti abortion friends won't like the selection.

Anti abortion folks have zero choice...if bam bam wins the judges he will sit on the court will insure Roe V Wade is the law of the land till 2050..
I get a different vibe from everything I've read. Hutchenson has some supposed baggage.
I think it would be great, unless there is something nasty in the closet.

They're politicians, of course they have baggage. It boils down to who's the lesser POS.
We're not especially fond of Hutchison here in the north of Texas; we just vote for her because she's not a Democrat. I think Sarah Palin would be a better choice.
I still say either Condi Rice or Sarah Palin would be McCain's best choice for VP, in that order.
I too like Sarah Palin and Condoleezza Rice �

� and Linda Chavez �

� and Carly Fiorina �

� and Kay B Hutchinson �

� lotsa rich, ripe, tasty plums in our orchard!
And in all fairness, not one could be considered CIC material....perhaps Condi. But her being single won't fly for White House material....and where it matters most in foreign affairs (Middle East, Korea, Russia), it's still a man's world.

Unless there's an American Margaret Thatcher out there I don't know about, no female in the VP slot this cycle. And here's the deal, we have to think ahead if McCain doesn't survive his term.
I can't believe people even mention Condi...

You say you want someone without baggage and then mention here...come on.

You think McCain has a chance in H**** (I don't think he does to begin with) if he picks anyone with ties to the current administration? I don't.

Same old story for the last year. We're down to only 6 people out of an entire country to run on the republican side we have to run out loser reruns like McCain then pair them with someone who is already dead meat because of their tires to the current adminstration.

Sad we got into this shape.
She's got that "mean woman" look about her.
KBH was just on Fox saying it isn't her but she suspects it to be Romney.

FWIW!!
Originally Posted by jorgeI

McCain can put Charley Manson on the ticket and he'll still win by 40 states. BTW Papi, I noted you avoided my thread onhow McCain and Obama stand on the issues, so I assume you agree on the differences? jorge
Didn't see it Mr Jorge link me to it if you don't mind.

If ur serious we need to do it a little more than what's stated above that was JUST a figure of speech a box of bullts would be nice...

I still say either Condi Rice or Sarah Palin would be McCain's best choice for VP, in that order.

If he picks Condi then I would be a little nervous for my guys(Obama/Biden) but do fill they will STILL get the nod!!!!

Mr Nimrod the box of bullets applies to you to wink ...
Well, rumor squashed.

Just saw KBH on Fox news denying it. The fact that she was on Fox and not being ushered onto a private plane to meet with McCain right now was more telling than her denials.

Well all know a in a few hours.
Yeap that's what I heard o well time will tell...
With all his faults and flaws, McCain is deadly serious about his responsibilities as he sees 'em � so his choice is sure to be someone whom he sincerely feels is best qualified in the primary consideration for VP candidate � whatever willing person can capably and responsibly take-over as POTUS at a moment's necessity.
If he does pick Hutchinson instead of Romney it just might convince me that he wants to win. I'd rather see Palin but any real conservative will make me happy.
Yes, either Hutchison or Alan Keyes for VP would likely trump B. Hussein Obama. The lady would sway the female vote and Keyes would sway the undecided and conservative democrat vote.
Palin is a tad busy with problems in-state. IMO, she's lost a bit of sheen.

If he picks Condi then I would be a little nervous for my guys(Obama/Biden) but do fill they will STILL get the nod!!!!

A [bleep]' democrat....... damn, you need help....

.308" TTSXs, weight to be decided.

I'll take bullets from a democrat, before they try to ban them all (bullets, that is. I'd be all for a ban on democrats....)
Alan Keyes would definately get my vote. kwg
+1 on Keyes...
Originally Posted by Plinker
Yes, either Hutchison or Alan Keyes for VP would likely trump B. Hussein Obama. The lady would sway the female vote and Keyes would sway the undecided and conservative democrat vote.

Keyes? the guy whose ass Obama kicked to get into the Senate in the first place? Not likely.

I'll take bullets from a democrat, before they try to ban them all (bullets, that is. I'd be all for a ban on democrats....)
After Obama/Biden sits at the big house and mend all these problems out you'll be a Democrat along with me and others wink and I'll take some .257 TSX's at 100grns BigGuy!! grin !!!!!
Originally Posted by kwg020
Alan Keyes would definitely get my vote.

� or Michael Steele �

� or J C Watts �

Now's a good time to remember what one pundit quipped when Jesse Jackson was running for President �
that the problem wasn't that
Jesse Jackson was a black man who was running for President �
that the problem was that
the black man who was running for President was Jesse Jackson.

Aren't we facing exactly the same problem, only with the freshman team taking the field for the Fourth Down?

[quote=Popapi]If Mr McCain put Mrs Kay Bailey Hutchison on the ticket with him I'll bet 40 quaters to a nickel Mr Obama WILL WITHOUT A DOUBT BE YOUR/MINE next Commander in Chief virtually a SHOE in!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE Mr McCain put her on the ticket thaaaaaat's right put her on the ticket....... Hey guys we'll know tomorrow want we!!!!

After Obama/Biden sits at the big house and mend all these problems out you'll be a Democrat along with me and others wink and I'll take some .257 TSX's at 100grns BigGuy!! grin !!!!! [/quote]

Pigs will fly out of my azz, before I register as a democrat.

Obama/Biden fixing problems...... that already has me trying to hide my wallet.

[bleep]' socialists......
?????PLEASE! Clue me in to exactly WHAT problems ANY demorat President has fixed??????

[quote=muleshoe][quote=Popapi]If Mr McCain put Mrs Kay Bailey Hutchison on the ticket with him I'll bet 40 quaters to a nickel Mr Obama WILL WITHOUT A DOUBT BE YOUR/MINE next Commander in Chief virtually a SHOE in!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE Mr McCain put her on the ticket thaaaaaat's right put her on the ticket....... Hey guys we'll know tomorrow want we!!!!

After Obama/Biden sits at the big house and mend all these problems out you'll be a Democrat along with me and others wink and I'll take some .257 TSX's at 100grns BigGuy!! grin !!!!! [/quote]

Pigs will fly out of my azz, before I register as a democrat.

Obama/Biden fixing problems...... that already has me trying to hide my wallet.

[bleep]' socialists...... [/quote]Well there will be some FLYIN DoDo pigs then grin and I'll be saying VAnimrod done finally gave it up........you may not tell us, but when you go in that booth and start thinking about the economy, all the homes in forclosure, OUR American dollar ain't worth a flip etc. etc(problems in the US) you may not register democrat, but you'll vote DEMOCRAT... wink
I'm pretty sure its illegal to smoke crack in the voting booth in Virginia, so don't count on it.
Here's one of the skeletons in her closet...

Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison on keeping a gun at home to protect yourself
She may be able to hang a giant Lone Star flag outside her office, but Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison said today there's one part of her Texas culture she couldn't bring to the nation's capital � her handgun.

Hutchison said she didn't know when she arrived from Austin in 1993 that the District of Columbia prohibits keeping a fully assembled handgun in the home. The district's ban has been in place since 1975.

Hutchison, a Republican who is considering a 2006 run for Texas governor, introduced legislation today to lift the ban. If the bill passes she said she would keep a gun in her D.C. home. . . .

"I have always had a handgun in the drawer next to my bed, and I would certainly again have one if it were legal in D.C.," Hutchison said.

Her office said her handgun is a Smith & Wesson .357 Magnum revolver.

Hutchison said after she learned of the D.C. gun ban, she dismantled her gun, bought a travel case for it and took it back to Texas. She said she's complying with the law even though she thinks it's unconstitutional.

"I think every woman in the District of Columbia should have the ability to protect herself in her home," she said.
I'm pretty sure its illegal to smoke crack in the voting booth in Virginia, so don't count on it.
grin CRAZY!!!
© 24hourcampfire