Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I thought the Times had a preference for Fiorina.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As stunned as I was with O's choice of Biden, I'd be more stunned with Kay as VP for McCain......

Edited to add: Apparently Rove had something to do with Lieberman not being asked to take the VP spot. McCain wanted Lieberman!

Last edited by Stan V; 08/28/08.

All American

All the time
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Picking Romney is a death sentence outside of maybe the Northeast and 2-3 other states TOPS.

If I hear how he is conservative as a govenor of a liberal state one more time...that should tell you exactly how conservative he really is. It's like someone being labelled a conservative in San Fran.

Who is Romney going to appeal to that already isn't backed into a corner with McCain as their only choice? Please.

Let's pick more rich white guys (and a mormon on top of that) that until 2 years ago 95% of the electorate had never heard of.....AND pick someone who is labeled as a great conservative and couldn't even get off the ground in the primary. Sorry, he's a bust. He's a smile and a suit. We need more.

Otto is my co-pilot.
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by gahuntertom
I posted a Washington Times Editorial recommending Kay Bailey Hutchison above. She looks fine to me but most of my anti abortion friends won't like the selection.

Anti abortion folks have zero choice...if bam bam wins the judges he will sit on the court will insure Roe V Wade is the law of the land till 2050..

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by shreck
I get a different vibe from everything I've read. Hutchenson has some supposed baggage.
I think it would be great, unless there is something nasty in the closet.

They're politicians, of course they have baggage. It boils down to who's the lesser POS.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
We're not especially fond of Hutchison here in the north of Texas; we just vote for her because she's not a Democrat. I think Sarah Palin would be a better choice.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
I still say either Condi Rice or Sarah Palin would be McCain's best choice for VP, in that order.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I too like Sarah Palin and Condoleezza Rice �

� and Linda Chavez �

� and Carly Fiorina �

� and Kay B Hutchinson �

� lotsa rich, ripe, tasty plums in our orchard!

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And in all fairness, not one could be considered CIC material....perhaps Condi. But her being single won't fly for White House material....and where it matters most in foreign affairs (Middle East, Korea, Russia), it's still a man's world.

Unless there's an American Margaret Thatcher out there I don't know about, no female in the VP slot this cycle. And here's the deal, we have to think ahead if McCain doesn't survive his term.

All American

All the time
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can't believe people even mention Condi...

You say you want someone without baggage and then mention here...come on.

You think McCain has a chance in H**** (I don't think he does to begin with) if he picks anyone with ties to the current administration? I don't.

Same old story for the last year. We're down to only 6 people out of an entire country to run on the republican side we have to run out loser reruns like McCain then pair them with someone who is already dead meat because of their tires to the current adminstration.

Sad we got into this shape.

Otto is my co-pilot.
IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
She's got that "mean woman" look about her.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
KBH was just on Fox saying it isn't her but she suspects it to be Romney.

FWIW!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by Popapi
If Mr McCain put Mrs Kay Bailey Hutchison on the ticket with him I'll bet 40 quaters to a nickel Mr Obama WILL WITHOUT A DOUBT BE YOUR/MINE next Commander in Chief virtually a SHOE in!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE Mr McCain put her on the ticket thaaaaaat's right put her on the ticket....... Hey guys we'll know tomorrow want we!!!!

McCain can put Charley Manson on the ticket and he'll still win by 40 states. BTW Papi, I noted you avoided my thread onhow McCain and Obama stand on the issues, so I assume you agree on the differences? jorge
Didn't see it Mr Jorge link me to it if you don't mind.

Originally Posted by muleshoe
If Mr McCain put Mrs Kay Bailey Hutchison on the ticket with him I'll bet 40 quaters to a nickel Mr Obama WILL WITHOUT A DOUBT BE YOUR/MINE next Commander in Chief virtually a SHOE in!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE Mr McCain put her on the ticket thaaaaaat's right put her on the ticket....... Hey guys we'll know tomorrow want we!!!!

If that's a serious offer and not just blubbering, I'll take you up on that bet.
If ur serious we need to do it a little more than what's stated above that was JUST a figure of speech a box of bullts would be nice...

Originally Posted by VAnimrod
I still say either Condi Rice or Sarah Palin would be McCain's best choice for VP, in that order.

If he picks Condi then I would be a little nervous for my guys(Obama/Biden) but do fill they will STILL get the nod!!!!

If that's a serious offer and not just blubbering, I'll take you up on that bet.

Add another one to the taking Popapi's quarters list.....

Mr Nimrod the box of bullets applies to you to wink ...

Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Well, rumor squashed.

Just saw KBH on Fox news denying it. The fact that she was on Fox and not being ushered onto a private plane to meet with McCain right now was more telling than her denials.

Well all know a in a few hours.

Carpe' Scrotum
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Yeap that's what I heard o well time will tell...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
With all his faults and flaws, McCain is deadly serious about his responsibilities as he sees 'em � so his choice is sure to be someone whom he sincerely feels is best qualified in the primary consideration for VP candidate � whatever willing person can capably and responsibly take-over as POTUS at a moment's necessity.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
If he does pick Hutchinson instead of Romney it just might convince me that he wants to win. I'd rather see Palin but any real conservative will make me happy.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yes, either Hutchison or Alan Keyes for VP would likely trump B. Hussein Obama. The lady would sway the female vote and Keyes would sway the undecided and conservative democrat vote.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Palin is a tad busy with problems in-state. IMO, she's lost a bit of sheen.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V

If he picks Condi then I would be a little nervous for my guys(Obama/Biden) but do fill they will STILL get the nod!!!!

A [bleep]' democrat....... damn, you need help....

Add another one to the taking Popapi's quarters list.....

Mr Nimrod the box of bullets applies to you to wink ...

.308" TTSXs, weight to be decided.

I'll take bullets from a democrat, before they try to ban them all (bullets, that is. I'd be all for a ban on democrats....)

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 222Sako, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 63 invisible), 1,742 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,124
Posts18,523,002
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.