Home
Did somebody post a link to us at the Democratic Underground?

PLEASE stop feeding them!
Man Alive! i'm with you. where did they all come from, and where are they headed??

Trolls, on the internet? what a concept...

didn't most trolls come from Iceland, Norway, etc. etc.??? any from Greenland??

Birth Control for Trolls, would it be Chinese made, or ????
I'll tell you something I think I've noticed, but I may be wrong.

All of a sudden I'm seeing a lot of posters whom I've never noticed before. When I take a closer look, they only have a few hundred posts, but it says they have been here for four, five, six years. On only that I'm sure that is possible, but I'm seeing a whole bunch like that all of a sudden.
Originally Posted by Barkoff

All of a sudden I'm seeing a lot of posters whom I've never noticed before. When I take a closer look, they only have a few hundred posts, but it says they have been here for four, five, six years. On only that I'm sure that is possible, but I'm seeing a whole bunch like that all of a sudden.

I'm probably one of those you're talking about.

My story is this. I've lurked for years and then less than two years ago posted for the first time anywhere. Mostly Elk, archery, backpack stuff, nothing major. On some local sites I've done a little more trying to help with new hunters, ect.

Events in the last 7 months have changed my life and outlook. When I broke my leg helping on an elk hunt in sept I had two months of sitting around and used the internet to help me get through it. When Lee24 came into the BP section and started his stuff I really didn't know who he was and when he started in about the Grand Canyon I unleashed all my frustration on the fool.

I do need to go back to just lurking.

Kent
Originally Posted by 2ndwind

The focus of their lives, Obama, has proven that their ideology is a failure. Self preservation demands that they shift focus to preserve what limited mental stability remains intact.
Guys:

Many of you consider that guys like me who do not agree with you 100% of the time are Trolls. Have you given any thought to the obvious that there are lots of guys who have had enough of the extra loud members who choose to insult and attack anyone who has any other opinions then they do. Many of us are just tired of the Us vs Them approach and attack, attack mind set that some on the Forum believe in. The loudest keyboard does not always win. Just look at the visceral reaction to the Palin threads today. Lots of us do not think she is the answer, period. No Trolls and no Sheep! Just guys like you who are not afraid to express an different opinion.

Walt

Maybe, with all that Hope & Change out there, they all have a lot of extra time on their hands by virtue of being unemployed...
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
Guys:

Many of you consider that guys like me who do not agree with you 100% of the time are Trolls. Have you given any thought to the obvious that there are lots of guys who have had enough of the extra loud members who choose to insult and attack anyone who has any other opinions then they do. Many of us are just tired of the Us vs Them approach and attack, attack mind set that some on the Forum believe in. The loudest keyboard does not always win. Just look at the visceral reaction to the Palin threads today. Lots of us do not think she is the answer, period. No Trolls and no Sheep! Just guys like you who are not afraid to express an different opinion.

Walt

Usually the local grocery has a nice block wall in the back of the store to beat your head against..I know I found a good spot.
Guys:

Walt

Although I don't agree with much (anything) you've ever said, it's okay with me if you don't like Sarah. But for someone to come in here with that weak-azz schitt about notes on her hand and them the same people chime in with the same tired schitt they always say about herjust to say something....Well, it's just silly and doesn't lend itself to serious discussion.
This isn't all directed at you unless the shoe fits. I don't really remember all you said.
trollin,
trollin
trollin, get them doggies rollin
writin s*it that'll chap your hide,
Write em up
type em out
post em up
shut em up
kick em out to the other side
I think at least part of the reason we'er seeing so many trolls lately is just becuse its winter and folks are spending more time on the internet. This site has over 25000 members, its going to attract a few trolls.
Guys:

Walt

Lurked unregistered for a few years. Joined to use the classifieds, sold a few rifles, bought some stuff. Stumbled drunk into the 'hunter's campfire" in late December 09 and entered a post on Wolf's, enough said. As long as you don't insult immediate family and defend your view point coherently then it can be a learning experience. Give some, get some. Lots of smart folks who you may not agree with, ignore the rest.

All politicians are fair game, I look at the "hunters campfire" sometimes as an interactive MAD magazine.
I guess I'm considered a troll if one goes by my post count and the fact that I post so seldom but really I'm not, trust me. smile

we have enough 'home grown' trolls as it is. Couple that with the folks signing up as their alter ego and stirring the pot.............
Does the amount of posts dictate if you can post here?
If you may have a differing opinion you are a �Troll�
Is there intolerance here for varied opinions?
If only one side is heard is that free speech or propaganda?
Who here controls freedom of speech?
Who here has designated themselves the �Troll� Police?
Seriously�.
If someone has staked out a reasonable and civil position isn�t a thought provoking debate and discussion why we come here in the first place.
Just wondering���.
Originally Posted by 700LH
trollin,
trollin
trollin, get them doggies rollin
writin s*it that'll chap your hide,
Write em up
type em out
post em up
shut em up
kick em out to the other side

[Linked Image] grin
Guys:

Walt
Can't argue there... laugh

Good post.. Stick around..
Sheet! You think this place is intolerant? Try posting an opposing view at DU and see how long you last!
What is up with the big influx of trolls???

It's more like why do people here feed them?

The fools that feed them are just as bad.
Originally Posted by Harry M
Does the amount of posts dictate if you can post here?
If you may have a differing opinion you are a �Troll�
Is there intolerance here for varied opinions?
Seriously�.
If someone has staked out a reasonable and civil position isn�t a thought provoking debate and discussion why we come here in the first place.
Just wondering���.

I think you can answer most of those questions yourself.

Rhetorical questions are often nothing more than statements. Do you have a point? laugh
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

we have enough 'home grown' trolls as it is. Couple that with the folks signing up as their alter ego and stirring the pot.............

I thought Lee25 was a fine addition to the group. wink
I joined this here sandbox in December 2009 and have less than 200 posts. Are you calling me a troll?

I resemble that remark!! mad
Originally Posted by hatari

Lee25 was a definite improvement...he just didnt have it in him to be a REAL azzhat...

grin
Ingwe
Originally Posted by SU35
It's more like why do people here feed them?
The fools that feed them are just as bad.

Those are good (and often made) points.

But I wonder if anyone has entertained the idea that rather than feeding them, some folks are feeding on them.

I think a little more time with you, and he could have mastered it. grin

There are a lot more members here than the number who participate. I wonder if any who hold old memberships, but never use them, ever offer their screen names and passwords for sale.
I think a little more time with you, and he could have mastered it. grin

Ouch! shocked

grin
Ingwe
Originally Posted by Harry M
Does the amount of posts dictate if you can post here? Definitely not
If you may have a differing opinion you are a �Troll� Not Necessarily
Is there intolerance here for varied opinions? Certainly

The rest of your questions are legitimate but are akin to whining and are redudant. That is the kind of stuff that is getting old around here. Just a freindly bit of advice.

Seriously�.
Just wondering���.

Comments in bold inserted by me.

The true trolls pop up, are very apparent and either leave voluntarily shortly after stirring the pot or get run off such as Lee24 and his buddy framis. True trolls offer nothing to the site other than to stir the pot. YMMV
I joined in 05 and have a post count of 73. So I guess I am a troll too huh? I like to read and learn on this site, post occasionally about things and mainly sit back and listen to the loudmouths that think they own this site spout off. So if I am a troll, too bad. I like staying in the shadows.
Originally Posted by Duckhunter
I joined in 05 and have a post count of 73. So I guess I am a troll too huh? I like to read and learn on this site, post occasionally about things and mainly sit back and listen to the loudmouths that think they own this site spout off. So if I am a troll, too bad. I like staying in the shadows.

Anyone refer to you as a troll? I certainly did not. Why are you getting all worked up?

The true trolls pop up, are very apparent and either leave voluntarily shortly after stirring the pot or get run off such as Lee24 and his buddy framis. True trolls offer nothing to the site other than to stir the pot. YMMV

How about middle aged pot bellied dudes who come to the forum and fancy themselves Lee Van Cleef, would they be considered trolls?

"I'd blow him away where he stands, is what I would do".

[Linked Image]
Framis is gone, what happened, I missed it.

Kent

Originally Posted by ingwe

Lee25 was a definite improvement...he just didnt have it in him to be a REAL azzhat...

grin
Ingwe

More like an azzhat wannabe. smirk
Originally Posted by krp
Framis is gone, what happened, I missed it.

Kent

Is he really???

I need onfo.

How about middle aged pot bellied dudes who come to the forum and fancy themselves Lee Van Cleef, would they be considered trolls?

"I'd blow him away where he stands, is what I would do".

[Linked Image]

Now I know where that fish of yours learned how to smoke! He used to belong to Lee Van CLeefe!
Heck Tom,

Ingwe told me he was staying at your place??? wink
I hope those turds smoke real real good for you in hell.....
That was mean Ton!
Uggghhhh you bish............
Originally Posted by krp

I'm probably one of those you're talking about.

My story is this. I've lurked for years and then less than two years ago posted for the first time anywhere. Mostly Elk, archery, backpack stuff, nothing major. On some local sites I've done a little more trying to help with new hunters, ect.

Events in the last 7 months have changed my life and outlook. When I broke my leg helping on an elk hunt in sept I had two months of sitting around and used the internet to help me get through it. When Lee24 came into the BP section and started his stuff I really didn't know who he was and when he started in about the Grand Canyon I unleashed all my frustration on the fool.

I do need to go back to just lurking.

Kent

Nope, you need to keep posting.
[
Anyone refer to you as a troll? I certainly did not. Why are you getting all worked up?[/quote] Na I'm not all worked up at all. That was not meant at you elkhunter, i hit quick reply. It just seems like if you don't have a huge "post count" and don't participate in every little discussion on here you are automatically classified as a troll when you do say something.
Nope not true, its what you say in your posts that label you as a troll.

You are not considered a troll by my standards. wink
Is fighting with trolls the same as being one?

I wrestle with this issue before I go to bed at night.

Not at all, I was the one who made the observation, and was just wondering why I was noticing so many lately. I was wondering if it was a software glitch that was assigning the wrong year to newcomers. Didn't mean to step on your boot.
You sleep with trolls??????
Dooooood
Originally Posted by byc

I hope I get to meet you someday so I can kill you. wink grin
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Originally Posted by byc

I hope I get to meet you someday so I can kill you. wink grin

I can run and shoot fast. grin
Lee24 is closer to you. I will get him to do the hit.

You know he invented sniping... cry
Originally Posted by byc

I hope I get to meet you someday so I can make love to you. wink grin
OMG! sick

Glad I caught this snippet before you edited it.

Woooweee!
Lee24 is closer to you. I will get him to do the hit.

You know he invented sniping... cry

I told you guys he knew Lee.

John I'm in VA this week and hating life. This snow is un freaking real. Need one of them Ole Miss hotty toddy's.

BYC,

We'll have a party and I'll bring the booze if an NFL team is stupid enough to draft Snead! eek

Tom,

They can treat the "Gay", but you must seek help for it. grin
[
Anyone refer to you as a troll? I certainly did not. Why are you getting all worked up?
Na I'm not all worked up at all. That was not meant at you elkhunter, i hit quick reply. It just seems like if you don't have a huge "post count" and don't participate in every little discussion on here you are automatically classified as a troll when you do say something. [/quote]

As said, it is what and how you post that determines troll status. Everybody had to make a first post at one time. It is a "time will tell" sorta thing.
Some on here actually have a life and responsibilities and cannot just sit at a keyboard all the time too.

IMO, I am always right and the rest of you are just ignorant, uninformed azzhats, unless and until you show yourself otherwise.

The way that a lot of people on this board treat one another is what is gone wrong with our nation.

I would guess that 85% of the members are pre-teens, teens, or early 20's.

Some, however, are a lot of fun, so I'll stick around and read a while, if allowed to.
I think there are many folks at the 'fire who don't hold the predominant political viewpoint and who exercise remarkable restraint in not posting in the Campfire section very often because to do so would serve no purpose and would bring upon themselves charges of Trolling and various other forms of ridicule.
I'll say it, my beliefs differ from the majority here but I love rifles, hunting, shooting, reloading, collecting C&R weapons, and military history.
Your post count goes up slowly when you cannot say "yeah, you're right" to every post made.
Sometimes I can't stop myself but I mostly do.
I could care less about post count, the folks I listen too are the folks that make sense to me. there are a few trolls here, and a few dumbazzes, just cause they are a dumbazz, doesn't make them a troll..............Jeff, I'm talking to you!
Originally Posted by SpecialEd
Some on here actually have a life and responsibilities and cannot just sit at a keyboard all the time too.

IMO, I am always right and the rest of you are just ignorant, uninformed azzhats, unless and until you show yourself otherwise.

The way that a lot of people on this board treat one another is what is gone wrong with our nation.

I would guess that 85% of the members are pre-teens, teens, or early 20's.

Some, however, are a lot of fun, so I'll stick around and read a while, if allowed to.

I'm jealous of your name. grin
Originally Posted by nsaqam
I think there are many folks at the 'fire who don't hold the predominant political viewpoint and who exercise remarkable restraint in not posting in the Campfire section very often because to do so would serve no purpose and would bring upon themselves charges of Trolling and various other forms of ridicule.
I'll say it, my beliefs differ from the majority here but I love rifles, hunting, shooting, reloading, collecting C&R weapons, and military history.
Your post count goes up slowly when you cannot say "yeah, you're right" to every post made.

Okay, but by not saying your view, even though it might differ, a lot of 'conversation' doesn't get said/written that could be fun, interesting, entertaining, or maybe even educational. You just need to get a bit of a thick skin.
Originally Posted by g5m

Okay, but by not saying your view, even though it might differ, a lot of 'conversation' doesn't get said/written that could be fun, interesting, entertaining, or maybe even educational. You just need to get a bit of a thick skin.

Agreed but in deference to the predominant view here I often choose not to get into a urination match. Just like I wouldn't walk into a group of Christian evangelicals and begin to espouse Islamic beliefs.
I wish contrarian viewpoints were looked on here as simply viewpoints which may serve to illuminate an issue but in my experience that is not how they are seen.
Originally Posted by Tom264
Nope not true, its what you say in your posts that label you as a troll.

You are not considered a troll by my standards. wink

Agreed, it's not the post count.
Many of the recent crop of trolls have a high (but hidden) post count.
IMHO if it's your intent to troll that makes you one, it doesn't matter to me if it's a rookie or a respected veteran member. Just one thing to remember, once you become one, you will always be.
Some people get along around here fine until they start pimping how dangerous lead bullets are .

Then they expose the schizophrenic tools/trolls they are grin..

Most here are above and beyond good company.
Yep, one in particular cant get that through his thick head.
Higher post counts just mean that someone does not have a life, but spends their time to just sit on the computer.
Well dangit LEAD bullets are dangerous.
They can kill things!
I just killed a target with some...least wise I thought I heard it scream....

Ingwe
Guys:

Walt

Good post... every time I read a post of one of the loud and obnoxious keyboarders two things come to mind...Burdizzo or Elastrator

you are confusing troll with azzhole. You are the latter, but not a troll. laugh

you are confusing troll with azzhole. You are the latter, but not a troll. laugh

I rest my case!
At least he doesn't have ya on ignore......yet.

I rest my case!

There is part of the problem, you just have to be thicker skinned. A proper reply would have been, [bleep], pendejo, etc..

[Linked Image]

No, I was taught to respect people even if I disagree with them.

At times it's a little like being in the eighth grade again, enjoy it, but don't let anyone take your lunch money.

I rest my case!

That is not a schoolyard term. Around here that is an okay term.
Originally Posted by rkamp

I rest my case!

There is part of the problem, you just have to be thicker skinned. A proper reply would have been, [bleep], pendejo, etc..

[Linked Image]

That's right!

And what's with the blue marshmallows.

At times it's a little like being in the eighth grade again, enjoy it, but don't let anyone take your lunch money.

Trolls put you on ignore after they insult your family......laugh
Interestingly enough, only one person I think of as a primary "just likes to post stuff to get a reaction....'Look at me , look at me' troll" has posted in this thread...

There are others I may disagree with strongly but if I see their posts as trying to define a sincere view point I don't view that poster as a troll.... just misinformedcool
Originally Posted by elkhunter76

Trolls put you on ignore after they insult your family......laugh

I have learned family is off limits, distant ancestors are not. No one on ignore going forward.
I don't hold grudges.
The better trolls impress me. They get otherwise normal people to bite, then sit back and play with them, which was their intention.

I tried trolling once, but now I mostly stillfish. laugh

All of a sudden I'm seeing a lot of posters whom I've never noticed before. When I take a closer look, they only have a few hundred posts, but it says they have been here for four, five, six years.

Yeah, that's me.. I started posting here after Jesse went insane and started banning anyone with an opinion and hunting experience.
Originally Posted by Kamerad_Les
I could care less about post count, the folks I listen too are the folks that make sense to me. there are a few trolls here, and a few dumbazzes, just cause they are a dumbazz, doesn't make them a troll..............Jeff, I'm talking to you!

Really? It means the world to me, it means everything, it defines who I am. Before I had 10K I had self esteem issues, but now I feel like somebody of stature.

Now I can tell Sitka to sick it up his azz and not feel fear when doing so. Sure, he's a moderator, we all know that, but were talking 10K, he wouldn't have the balls to moderate me now.
Interestingly enough, only one person I think of as a primary "just likes to post stuff to get a reaction....'Look at me , look at me' troll" has posted in this thread...

There are others I may disagree with strongly but if I see their posts as trying to define a sincere view point I don't view that poster as a troll.... just misinformedcool

I would agree there.I've only seen one on this thread that I would slap into that category. I generally try to bite my tongue. I really prefer not to argue with other gun folks, but I'll admit,my BS tolerance has dropped with age.Some come here solely to incite. Others just have a difference of opinion. The trolls are fairly self evident.
Well i guess that many on this site are Trolls. There has to be enough room for many opinions and stating a different opinion should not result in an attack by the brain zombies from places like VA.

I have thick skin and don't care if Zombies like NIMROD go nuts on me. If it makes you feel better well blast away but I think it shows you for what you are and that is a narrow minded extremist. Freedom of speech is your right and mine as well and I promise not to treat you like crap. (respect Guys)

Walt
Really? So that's why you pulled a JeffO and PM'd me, trying to smooth things over?

Last time I checked, chump, brain zombies had no chance to handle what I deal with daily. That it'd twist you, is a given.

Try again, and I'd wager you'd have better luck trolling for folks to buy the inflated weights of those sheefish than getting a bite on those buying that you outgun me in anything approaching a mental arena.
Some people around this fire, just get all out of sorts, when they don't see some all of the other folks moving in lockstep to their own beliefs.

Those tender - but shallow souls - prefer the "tyranny of the majority" - to any rational, logical, two-sided discussions. A lot of them go so far as to only watch news from stations that agree with their own pre-conceived beliefs. Talk about insular...
Va you are as predictable as any guy on the site! My message to you was I don"t lie and if you want to send me your e-mail I will send you pics of what we kill and catch up here, I don't care if "I smooth things over with you" dude. You called me a lair and I am very willing to show you the pics of what we catch period. Feel the hook in your lip yet? Hold on I have another bite! Its you again!

VA if you want to see some good picks head to my business web site and there are plenty to go around including a 51 pound Sheefish on my fishing link. Hold on I feel another bite!

Keep up the good work!

Walt
Originally Posted by BCBrian
Some people around this fire just get all of sorts, when they don't see some of the other folks moving in lockstep to their own beliefs.

Those tender - but shallow souls - prefer the "tyranny of the majority" - to any rational, logical, two-sided discussions.

What?? Not Nimrod!
Those tender - but shallow souls - prefer the "tyranny of the majority" - to any rational, logical, two-sided discussions.

Man, that's good, can I use that?
Va you are as predictable as any guy on the site! My message to you was I don"t lie and if you want to send me your e-mail I will send you pics of what we kill and catch up here, I don't care if "I smooth things over with you" dude. You called me a lair and I am very willing to show you the pics of what we catch period. Feel the hook in your lip yet? Hold on I have another bite! Its you again!

VA if you want to see some good picks head to my business web site and there are plenty to go around including a 51 pound Sheefish on my fishing link. Hold on I feel another bite!

Keep up the good work!

Walt

I've seen your site, and highly doubt your claims.

As for providing you with my e-mail address, I think not. I get enough spam.

Try again, Walt.
Get your fishing pole and lets go fishing!
I only fish with folks I can at least attempt to like. Lie-berals, are not on that list.
Originally Posted by HawkI
Some people get along around here fine until they start pimping how dangerous lead bullets are .

I don't know. I've seen some real damage done to meat and bones with lead bullets. Seem pretty dangerous to me. Depends on which end of the gun you're on, I'd think.
Funny smile
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
I only fish with folks I can at least attempt to like. Lie-berals, are not on that list.

I am not that narrow minded. I like all of you guys, as long as you don't bit#h and complain all of the time. Fishing and hunting is common ground VA.
Originally Posted by SpecialEd
Originally Posted by HawkI

I don't know. I've seen some real damage done to meat and bones with lead bullets. Seem pretty dangerous to me. Depends on which end of the gun you're on, I'd think.

SmartAZZ....

I could've been a little better with my phraseology wink
it's good to have a trolling thread, every now and then. helps to clear the air, and explain who we are, and from whence we came.

trolls and billy-goats. that's a Story from the early days. wink

there's probably a few seats at the RoundTable for a few trolls, goats, and Others. wink
© 24hourcampfire