Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
2ndwind Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Did somebody post a link to us at the Democratic Underground?

PLEASE stop feeding them!

Please don't feed the trolls!
GB1

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Man Alive! i'm with you. where did they all come from, and where are they headed??

Trolls, on the internet? what a concept...

didn't most trolls come from Iceland, Norway, etc. etc.??? any from Greenland??

Birth Control for Trolls, would it be Chinese made, or ????

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll tell you something I think I've noticed, but I may be wrong.

All of a sudden I'm seeing a lot of posters whom I've never noticed before. When I take a closer look, they only have a few hundred posts, but it says they have been here for four, five, six years. On only that I'm sure that is possible, but I'm seeing a whole bunch like that all of a sudden.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Barkoff

All of a sudden I'm seeing a lot of posters whom I've never noticed before. When I take a closer look, they only have a few hundred posts, but it says they have been here for four, five, six years. On only that I'm sure that is possible, but I'm seeing a whole bunch like that all of a sudden.

I'm probably one of those you're talking about.

My story is this. I've lurked for years and then less than two years ago posted for the first time anywhere. Mostly Elk, archery, backpack stuff, nothing major. On some local sites I've done a little more trying to help with new hunters, ect.

Events in the last 7 months have changed my life and outlook. When I broke my leg helping on an elk hunt in sept I had two months of sitting around and used the internet to help me get through it. When Lee24 came into the BP section and started his stuff I really didn't know who he was and when he started in about the Grand Canyon I unleashed all my frustration on the fool.

I do need to go back to just lurking.

Kent

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 2ndwind

The focus of their lives, Obama, has proven that their ideology is a failure. Self preservation demands that they shift focus to preserve what limited mental stability remains intact.

Last edited by 280shooter; 02/09/10.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Guys:

Many of you consider that guys like me who do not agree with you 100% of the time are Trolls. Have you given any thought to the obvious that there are lots of guys who have had enough of the extra loud members who choose to insult and attack anyone who has any other opinions then they do. Many of us are just tired of the Us vs Them approach and attack, attack mind set that some on the Forum believe in. The loudest keyboard does not always win. Just look at the visceral reaction to the Palin threads today. Lots of us do not think she is the answer, period. No Trolls and no Sheep! Just guys like you who are not afraid to express an different opinion.

Walt

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Maybe, with all that Hope & Change out there, they all have a lot of extra time on their hands by virtue of being unemployed...

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
Guys:

Many of you consider that guys like me who do not agree with you 100% of the time are Trolls. Have you given any thought to the obvious that there are lots of guys who have had enough of the extra loud members who choose to insult and attack anyone who has any other opinions then they do. Many of us are just tired of the Us vs Them approach and attack, attack mind set that some on the Forum believe in. The loudest keyboard does not always win. Just look at the visceral reaction to the Palin threads today. Lots of us do not think she is the answer, period. No Trolls and no Sheep! Just guys like you who are not afraid to express an different opinion.

Walt

Usually the local grocery has a nice block wall in the back of the store to beat your head against..I know I found a good spot.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Guys:

Walt

Although I don't agree with much (anything) you've ever said, it's okay with me if you don't like Sarah. But for someone to come in here with that weak-azz schitt about notes on her hand and them the same people chime in with the same tired schitt they always say about herjust to say something....Well, it's just silly and doesn't lend itself to serious discussion.
This isn't all directed at you unless the shoe fits. I don't really remember all you said.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
trollin,
trollin
trollin, get them doggies rollin
writin s*it that'll chap your hide,
Write em up
type em out
post em up
shut em up
kick em out to the other side

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I think at least part of the reason we'er seeing so many trolls lately is just becuse its winter and folks are spending more time on the internet. This site has over 25000 members, its going to attract a few trolls.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Guys:

Walt

Lurked unregistered for a few years. Joined to use the classifieds, sold a few rifles, bought some stuff. Stumbled drunk into the 'hunter's campfire" in late December 09 and entered a post on Wolf's, enough said. As long as you don't insult immediate family and defend your view point coherently then it can be a learning experience. Give some, get some. Lots of smart folks who you may not agree with, ignore the rest.

All politicians are fair game, I look at the "hunters campfire" sometimes as an interactive MAD magazine.

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I guess I'm considered a troll if one goes by my post count and the fact that I post so seldom but really I'm not, trust me. smile

[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 2ndwind

we have enough 'home grown' trolls as it is. Couple that with the folks signing up as their alter ego and stirring the pot.............

Sam......

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Does the amount of posts dictate if you can post here?
If you may have a differing opinion you are a �Troll�
Is there intolerance here for varied opinions?
If only one side is heard is that free speech or propaganda?
Who here controls freedom of speech?
Who here has designated themselves the �Troll� Police?
Seriously�.
If someone has staked out a reasonable and civil position isn�t a thought provoking debate and discussion why we come here in the first place.
Just wondering���.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 700LH
trollin,
trollin
trollin, get them doggies rollin
writin s*it that'll chap your hide,
Write em up
type em out
post em up
shut em up
kick em out to the other side

[Linked Image] grin

Hunting the "Roar",
Mark Luce

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Guys:

Walt
Can't argue there... laugh

Good post.. Stick around..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sheet! You think this place is intolerant? Try posting an opposing view at DU and see how long you last!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
What is up with the big influx of trolls???

It's more like why do people here feed them?

The fools that feed them are just as bad.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Harry M
Does the amount of posts dictate if you can post here?
If you may have a differing opinion you are a �Troll�
Is there intolerance here for varied opinions?
If only one side is heard is that free speech or propaganda?
Who here controls freedom of speech?
Who here has designated themselves the �Troll� Police?
Seriously�.
If someone has staked out a reasonable and civil position isn�t a thought provoking debate and discussion why we come here in the first place.
Just wondering���.

I think you can answer most of those questions yourself.

Rhetorical questions are often nothing more than statements. Do you have a point? laugh

Sam......

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 10ring1, 56 invisible), 2,095 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,086
Posts18,521,930
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.