Home
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/18/14
Been watching some of the games over the last 2 days, that St Louis/Chicago game last night was one for the ages. Blues win it in the 3rd over time.

If you're a hockey fan, this is the best time of the year to enjoy your game.

Big game tonight, Boston vs Detroit, should be another good game.
Posted By: tzone Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/18/14
Some GREAT hockey this week. My Wild blew it in the 3rd and lost in OT last night. Hopefully, they'll come back from that. Those types of losses are deflating.
Posted By: 2muchgun Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/19/14
Red Wings looked pretty darn good for a team with so many good players not playing due to injury .

Pavel Datsyuk's goal was one most players simply wish they were capable of. He didn't even really celebrate. Just back to business. Guy is an elite player, no doubt.

Wings look like the faster team, albeit young/injured.

Local boy Torey Krug plays for Bruins. We have family ties. LOVE his game....

GO WINGS
Posted By: 79S Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/19/14
GO PENGUINS!
Posted By: Mac84 Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/19/14
Couldn't agree more AK.

Wings/Bruin game was intense tonight.
Posted By: n007 Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/19/14
Allez Habs!
Posted By: tedthorn Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/19/14
Da - Blues

GO BLUES
Posted By: Mac84 Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/19/14
Original 6 with Detroit at the top of my list. After the Wings I gotta root for the Habs.
I was hoping all season that the Wings would make it to the playoffs for the 23 year in a row! It wasn't looking good for a while but darned if they didn't pull it off! I'm very proud of em but assumed they would be swept in the first round! Their just full of surprises! Those young kids are playing their hearts out every game! Win or lose, their my heros!
Posted By: BeanMan Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/19/14
Avalanche!
Posted By: rjf611 Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/19/14
Let's go Rangers!!
Would love to see the Red Wings knock off Boston.
Originally Posted by BeanMan
Avalanche!

Yep, Avas all the way. The rest of you can just "forget about it".
Posted By: kamo_gari Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/19/14
Bs all the way!
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Bs all the way!

Well, we sure as he!l ain't gonna win any baseball games in this town.
Posted By: kamo_gari Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/19/14
lol
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/19/14
That first Blues/Blackhawks game was a battle and a half. St Louis has had over 6 of their guys out of action at the end of the regular season, they're coming back now for the playoffs hope they can stay healthy as they will need all the horses they can get.
Posted By: gerry35 Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/19/14
Man Chicago is a dirty team, hope they get pounded the rest of the series and out in 4 games. Looks good on them.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/21/14
That hit by Seabrook was one of the worst i've seen in several years and i'm glad he was suspended for 3 games, that will give the Blues enough time to knock them out of the playoffs.

If Boston can continue to play like they did yesterday, they can win this one in 5.

The reffing in yesterdays Montreal/Tampa game was atrocious and it cost them (Tamap) a win. I don't think they will win a game without Bishop in the net either.

Go BRUINS!
Go Flyers!
Posted By: Pittu Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/21/14
As a wings fan, I usually root against the Blackhawks, but you can't deny that they are a fun team to watch. Toews, Hossa, Kane.....I don't find the hawks to be overly dirty, they are pretty physical though. That seabrook hit sucked almost as bad as the Wings performance yesterday!!!

How about the Brendan Smith vs Chara "fight"? I got a chuckle out of that, was like man vs boy!!
Posted By: starsky Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/21/14
Been some great hockey so far. Went to the Avs game with my sis on Saturday, the Pepsi Center was rocking.
Posted By: tzone Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/21/14
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
That hit by Seabrook was one of the worst i've seen in several years and i'm glad he was suspended for 3 games, that will give the Blues enough time to knock them out of the playoffs.

If Boston can continue to play like they did yesterday, they can win this one in 5.

The reffing in yesterdays Montreal/Tampa game was atrocious and it cost them (Tamap) a win. I don't think they will win a game without Bishop in the net either.

Go BRUINS!

That bit was legal as all hell and the only reason he got a penalty was because backus was bleeding. He should have kept his head up. He is one of the biggest cheap shot artist in the league.
He did not have his head down, watch the video and you'll see where he turns his head around and see's the hit a split second before it happens.

It was an illegal and the league even said it was by giving him a 3 game suspension. Seabrook targeted his head with his shoulder.

Duncan Keith was a slashing machine in that game and received no penalties, those refs were letting too much go in that game.

Posted By: tzone Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/21/14
I guess we are seeing it differently. To me, his head was clearly down, to look at/play the puck when he got popped. He was kind of leaning back, turning. Seabrook did appear to raise his shoulder a bit, but we all do when we check.

Doesn't matter to me. I'm not a fan of either club. I think Backus is a prick and most of the 'hawks are cheap shot artiists.

Originally Posted by tzone
I guess we are seeing it differently. To me, his head was clearly down, to look at/play the puck when he got popped. He was kind of leaning back, turning. Seabrook did appear to raise his shoulder a bit, but we all do when we check.

Doesn't matter to me. I'm not a fan of either club. I think Backus is a prick and most of the 'hawks are cheap shot artiists.

I watched the replay about 10 times and you could see that Backes saw Seabrook coming but there was nothing he could do about it. Hopefully we won't be seeing anymore of that in the playoffs.

On that we can agree. Haven't watched much of the Blues play so I have no idea whether Backes is a clean or dirty player but I have seen the Hawls play and they are as dirty as they come. Bad thing about is, Keith will probably win the Norris Trophy just because he plays for the Blackhawks.
Posted By: stripe55 Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/21/14
Seabrooke lowers his shoulder level 6", hits him sternum first and it s a hit for the ages. He went for his head as most body shots to Backes end up in his favor, he is a beast.
I m a Hawks fan, the stupidity of that penalty, and most of their others bother me more.

That said, I m a Flyers fan, to the point of naming my son Robert Clarke *****. Its all good, the only blowout in the playoffs was the Sharks/Kings game, thats ok too as local boy Joe Pavelski should get to the second round.
I have, and always will, hate the Rangers.
Posted By: Dogballs Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/21/14
That bit was legal as all hell and the only reason he got a penalty was because backus was bleeding. He should have kept his head up. He is one of the biggest cheap shot artist in the league.

I'm not really a fan of either team but the principal point of contact was the head, that makes it illegal by the league's rulebook. If that wasn't the case Seabrook wouldn't have been suspended.

I think the St. Louis/Chicago is the most entertaining so far, should be another good game tonight.
Posted By: gerry35 Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/21/14
I liked how Chicago played last year against Boston, they played the game the right way and didn't fall to the usual Boston dirty play. This year Chicago is playing like idiots, Keith was slashing and not backing it up by dropping the gloves. Backes plays rough too but that was a real cheap shot by Seabrook.
Posted By: tbear99 Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/21/14
Originally Posted by rjf611
Let's go Rangers!!
Would love to see the Red Wings knock off Boston.

+1 rangers vs flyers is always a good game sucks they gave one back to them
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/21/14
Backes is no choir boy, plays the game hard and in your face BUT does not take possible career ending shots at players. Heck how about the knee into saboka's thigh too? I hope the note sweeps and gets a few extra days off to heal.
Posted By: gutthooked Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/22/14
Pens are ready for the golf season....
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/22/14
Looks like Matt Cooke is back to his old shenanigans. An intentional knee on knee to Tyson Barrie will probably cost him the rest of the playoffs since he's a multi time repeat offender.
Good riddance to him.

gutthooked, seems you jumped the gun a little there buddy, Pens are now up 2 games to 1.

Good win by Dallas last night, this series is going to go longer than most people think.

Chicago pulled a win out of their azz last night but they are in trouble against the Blues, hopefully they finish them off in 5 games.

Go Bruins!!
Posted By: n007 Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/22/14
The Habs are up 3-0, go Habs.

The Montreal Canadiens lead the Tampa Bay Lightning 3-0 in their first-round series, and maybe it could have been different. Maybe Tampa could have won Game 1, in overtime, even though Montreal deserved it. And maybe they should have won Game 3 in Montreal Sunday night.

But in the chaos Montreal was a little better and a little luckier and the Habs won 3-2, and the series is all but over. Though not without controversy.

�I was pissed then, and I�m pissed now,� said Lightning coach Jon Cooper. �But that�s just my opinion.�

Cooper was upset because with four and a half minutes left in the second period of a 1-1 game � a game before which Ginette Reno sang one of the great renditions of �O Canada� you will ever hear, and in which Montreal�s Rene Bourque opened the scoring 11 seconds in while the Bell Centre sounded like a jet engine and the Lightning looked like they couldn�t quite comprehend what was happening to them � Tampa Bay scored.

Except Lightning forward Alex Killorn had hurtled into the net after tripping over an oncoming Carey Price, and while trying to get up Price lunged across the crease and collided with Killorn. Price initiated the contact, but Killorn was in the crease. Price stumbled back across the crease and was beaten by Ryan Callahan, but referee Francis Charron waved it off. Technically the call was correct, but there was room for disagreement.

Montreal scored the next two goals, and Tampa could only get one back, and that is very nearly that.

Posted By: tzone Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/22/14
I haven't heard yet what Cooke got, if anything. It was a cheap shot, but I doubt he gets more than 3 games. He's been pretty clean for 2 years and hasn't been a repeat offender in fines according the news here. That may be his saving grace.

I don't think the wild advance without him so it may have cost them the season anyway.
Posted By: Dogballs Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/22/14
I haven't heard yet what Cooke got, if anything. It was a cheap shot, but I doubt he gets more than 3 games. He's been pretty clean for 2 years and hasn't been a repeat offender in fines according the news here. That may be his saving grace.

I don't think the wild advance without him so it may have cost them the season anyway.

He has an in person hearing with the league tomorrow. Whatever he gets it's not enough in my opinion. That scumbag has ended too many careers with his cheap shots.
Posted By: gutthooked Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/22/14
Cooke going to pay the piper this time..
Posted By: huntsonora Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/22/14
I bet he gets 6+ games. Seabrooke got 3 and he's never been in trouble

Whatever he gets it won't be enough. He is trash
Posted By: huntsonora Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/22/14
These are some cheap shots by Matt Cooke�.

Here is what needs to happen to Cooke again

Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/22/14
He's going to get at least 5 but he should be banned for the rest of the playoffs.

That hit by Evander Kane was well deserved! He got knocked da phug out! lol
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/22/14
Has anybody scored yet?
Posted By: broomd Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/22/14
I hope my hawks can get their stuff together!
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/22/14
Go - Leafs - Go! grin
Posted By: tzone Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/24/14
Cooke gets 7 games. Could have been worse, his past kept it from being less.
Posted By: gutthooked Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/24/14
7 games seems like a pretty light penalty for his track record.
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/24/14
Blues vs Black Hawks as I type, it's playoff hockey at it's finest and I don't know if my gut and heart can handle the whole series.
Go Blues!
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/24/14
Floory sure took a chit on the ice last night.. Suck it pens!

The Blue Jackets are taking a real fight to cindy crosby and the rest of his team.
Posted By: huntsonora Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/24/14
Originally Posted by gutthooked

+1

He has ended careers and an intentional knee to knee hit like that could have ruined a young player. It definitely should have been more IMO

Aside from that, there has been some fantastic hockey games on the past few days! You cannot relax when you're up a coupe of goals late in the game
Big one tonight in St. Paul.

Cmon Wild.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/24/14
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Floory sure took a chit on the ice last night.. Suck it pens!

The Blue Jackets are taking a real fight to cindy crosby and the rest of his team.

Agreed! Fleury's confidence is shaken now and he won't recover, my bet is Vokoun will start in net on Saturday. The Pens will be lucky to make it out of the first round.

Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

Cmon Wild.

AVS! grin
Posted By: Clint Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/24/14
That said, I m a Flyers fan, to the point of naming my son Robert Clarke *****

The Broad Street Bullies were the greatest! Clarke, Dupont, Schultz, Barber, Parent, Leach, etc. I like my Red Wings but Clarke and his Bullies are my favorites.
Bergeron is nominated for the Selke again, along with Toews and Kopitar and IMO, I think it's his to win or lose.

His performance last season was the stuff of legends, playing with a punctured lung, broken ribs and a dislocated shoulder in the series against the Hawks.

So far I think the Blues/Hawks series has been the most entertaining and watching the wildcard teams like the Bluejackets and Wild give their opponents all they can handle is making for some great hockey.

Oh yeah, Bruins and Wings tonight, Go Bruins!!!

Well he wasn't even considered a repeat offender anymore. Almost two years has passed since he was in any sort of trouble. Nearly a model citizen with the Wild and a real asset to the team.

His track record got him 7 games, anyone else would have sat for 2 or 3.
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
Blues vs Black Hawks as I type, it's playoff hockey at it's finest and I don't know if my gut and heart can handle the whole series.
Go Blues!

Hellova game there!
Originally Posted by huntsonora

Cmon Wild.

AVS! grin

Wild take this one back to CO all tied up for Saturday! She's gettin good now boys!

I was just downtown St. Paul. The tents are already gettign set up. There will be an extra few hours of lubrication tonight. The X WILL be rockin!
So far I think the Blues/Hawks series has been the most entertaining and watching the wildcard teams like the Bluejackets and Wild give their opponents all they can handle is making for some great hockey.

Don't forget the Wild were without both of their star players for about 6 weeks during the regular season. They're up to speed now! Granlund is finding his game, and if Kuemper plays like he did mid season, this will turn into a great series.
Honestly, they've all been good, some just a little better than others. I'm pulling for the Wild and Jackets to win their series along with the Blues to beat Chicago. Dallas and Anaheim is shaping up to be a good one and the Sharks/Kings seris is a forgone conclusion at this point.

If Boston can win tonight, I believe they will wrap this thing up in Beantown. Zetterberg might play tonight, if he does, he better be wearing some protection because the Bruins ground and pound could takes it toll on him.
How bout that kid Nathan McKinnon for the Avs? He has the chance to be great

Yep, you are right about McKinnon but great players are made in the playoffs, only time will tell.

Yep, you are right about McKinnon but great players are made in the playoffs, only time will tell.

He had 7 points in his first two games with one of them being one of the best goals of the season when he broke the defenders ankles and scored. I'd say he's doing all right seeing as to how he's only 18 years old.
He sure seems to be the real deal. He's got fast feet too.
This was outstanding.

Posted By: boatboy Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/24/14
Go Hawks 88 needs to keep steping it up

I sure hope Detroit looks better than Tuesday night

Hank

Well he wasn't even considered a repeat offender anymore. Almost two years has passed since he was in any sort of trouble. Nearly a model citizen with the Wild and a real asset to the team.

His track record got him 7 games, anyone else would have sat for 2 or 3.

Here's a quote from retired NHL official Kerry Fraser that I pulled off of TSN on Matt Cookes suspension.

Originally Posted by Kerry Fraser
My colleague and friend Bob McKenzie shared the following information with me that should address your questions. A player's record is expunged if he goes 18 months without an infraction but that only applies to the formula for calculating lost wages. If a player has a fine or suspension in last 18 months, he's a repeat offender and the lost wages formula is based on number of games suspended (5/82 for a five game suspension) as opposed to number of days (5/182 for a five game suspension in a 182-day regular season).

But a player's "history" stays with him as a permanent record and the NHL can take into account any or all past transgressions when determining length of a suspension.

History doesn't allow the NHL to suspend a player who, if not for his history, wouldn't be suspended. But once an illegal play has taken place, the NHL can use Matt Cooke's history as part of his sentencing even if his transgressions were years ago.

With as many suspensions as he's had, he will always be considered guilty when he has an infraction like he did the other night, and rightly so.

Posted By: Rman Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/24/14
<<<<
<<<
<<
<

'Nuff Said!

R.
Posted By: Dogballs Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/24/14
Cooke should have been thrown out of the league forever.
Hell it wasn't 'that' bad. Check out the blond chicks at the end of the vid. Prime Scandinavian stock.

This was outstanding.

Granlunds goal was great but this one is more impressive IMO

Edit to add that Granlunds goal being a game winner in OT was a better goal but the athleticism of MacKinnon is just amazing
Yeah, that was a great goal. Quick SOB.
Posted By: 4ager Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/24/14
Why is this playoff not televised at least as much as tree hockey?
Posted By: Dogballs Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/25/14
Originally Posted by 4ager
Why is this playoff not televised at least as much as tree hockey?

NBC is carrying every game, I believe.
Posted By: packrat77 Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/25/14
So is there a way to watch it online?
Posted By: tzone Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/25/14

Edit to add that Granlunds goal being a game winner in OT was a better goal but the athleticism of MacKinnon is just amazing

You mean like last night? grin What did the Av's have, 8 shots? that D was great. Keumper's goal he let in shouldn't have happened though. eek

We have a series again now!
The Wild completely dominated...again. They should be winning these games by four goals.
Av's goalie is fantastic. Like their coach used to be. He's what is keeping the games within reach for the Av's. I needed a drink after last nights final 3 minutes!
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/25/14
Rask is up for the Vezina and watching his performance last night I can see why. Bruins are up 3-1 on the Wings and will hopefully finish them off on Saturday.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/25/14
The Wild completely dominated...again. They should be winning these games by four goals.

I had the same thought while watching, and I was rooting for the Avs of course. The way the Wild held onto the puck and cycled it, for long stretches it looked like the Avs were playing short-handed.

They've got to figure this out, in a hurry. They also need some bigger bodies to knock the Wild off the puck down low and in the corners.
Posted By: goalie Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/25/14
Originally Posted by smokepole

I had the same thought while watching, and I was rooting for the Avs of course. The way the Wild held onto the puck and cycled it, for long stretches it looked like the Avs were playing short-handed.

They've got to figure this out, in a hurry. They also need some bigger bodies to knock the Wild off the puck down low and in the corners.

The Avs are a speed-oriented team.

Great in the regular season, historically, not so much in the playoffs.

FWIW, they wasted a few epic goaltending performances. Losing game three 0-1 in OT when your goalie plays like that is criminal.
Posted By: huntsonora Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/25/14

X3! I don't know if I have ever seen a game where the score was so misleading in telling of how bad an ass whipping it really was.
Posted By: goalie Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/25/14
Av's goalie is fantastic. Like their coach used to be. He's what is keeping the games within reach for the Av's. I needed a drink after last nights final 3 minutes!

I just grabbed another beer with about 5 minutes left.....it worked out perfectly.

The Av's have plenty of big bodies. I'd give that advantage to the CO. I was worried Keumper was going to let in another "gimmie" from trying to stay awake in the net. What did CO have, 12 shots?
I had a Jamison during the 3rd. I needed a quick one after the game. I was all fired up. No way I was going to fall asleep before 2 am other wise. grin
That crowd was insane!

Reminded me of the '87 world series!
Posted By: smokepole Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/25/14
The Av's have plenty of big bodies.

Who, that gets any real playing time? If they were out there using their bodies last night, I sure didn't see 'em.
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/26/14
I just hope the Wild can keep up the ruthless, unrelenting pressure. Their best bet seems to be to just keep pouring it on and pressuring the goalie non stop.
Posted By: tzone Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/26/14
They have to pressure the goalie. He doesn't let anything in. The dude is on fire. I'm more than impressed with his play.

I have high hopes for the Wild tonight, but so far the home team has won all the games.
I hope the Wings can stay in it at least to game 7!!!! I'm not ready to give up RedWing hockey for the season yet!
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/28/14
What an epic meltdown for the Stars, they had that game in the bag and let it get away from them. Would love to see someone bury Perry into the glass in the next series, arrogant prick.

Next up for the Bruins, the Montreal Canadiens. I like their chances in this series.
The friggen Wild are gonna cause my hair to gray before this series is over.

Do or die tonight for the Wild.
Posted By: huntsonora Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/28/14
The friggen Wild are gonna cause my hair to gray before this series is over.

Do or die tonight for the Wild.

I hope it's a good game
Posted By: huntsonora Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/28/14
What an epic meltdown for the Stars, they had that game in the bag and let it get away from them. Would love to see someone bury Perry into the glass in the next series, arrogant prick.

Next up for the Bruins, the Montreal Canadiens. I like their chances in this series.

Seems like there has been a lot of games this playoffs where a 2 goal lead in the 3rd period wasn't good enough. Damn it's been fun to watch. Made me sick to see the Stars blow it last night
Wild are up 3-2 with 5 minutes left.

Another nailbiter!
Posted By: huntsonora Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/29/14
Wild are up 3-2 with 5 minutes left.

Another nailbiter!

Wait till Roy pulls the goalie with 3:00 to go
I'm dreading it!
I'm dreading it!

I was :16 off, he pulled him at 2:44
game over
Empty netter!!!!!!
At least it was a good game!
Another!!!!!!
See you in game 7. grin
See you in game 7. grin

There is nothing better in sports than a game 7
Yeah but I wish it was here.

Advantage Av's.
Parise is a clutch monster.

Worth the $$$$. Local kid. His dad played for the North Stars for years.
Posted By: tzone Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/29/14
Too bad koivu and suter can't match.

Whew! That was closer than I wanted it be.
Posted By: tack Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/29/14
Go Blues, Go back home. They take up to much media time when we could be reading or listening to NFL draft news and updates.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/29/14
The look on Roy's face was priceless! Good win by the Wild but you've got a big task ahead of you winning game 7 in Colorado. Good luck because I think you're going to need it.

The last 2 minutes of the LA/San Jose game got ugly and there is going to be some bad blood in game 7. This is the first time in my life where I pulled for a team from LA, which is hard to do being from the northeast.
Posted By: tbear99 Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/29/14
Looking forward to rangers game 6 they played mediocre in game 5 but good enough

Go rangers
Here's Parise's game winner deflection. Friggen awesome.

Posted By: BlackFrog Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/29/14
In honor of the hockey fanatics I work with, I made these bottle openers for the Hawks and Montreal nuts.
I'm not a huge hockey fan most of the year, but the playoffs sure are fun to watch. smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: tzone Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/29/14
excellent! I like em.

Think you can make one with the wild logo? I'd be interested.

Game 7 between wild/av's could get ugly if one team get a decided lead, or it gets late with a 1 goal lead. I'm pretty excited since the wild have taken it to the av's in 2 of the 3 in CO, but couldn't get it done. It may be time.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/30/14
2 big games tonight for the western conference, good luck to all 4 teams.

Round 2 of the SC playoffs starts tomorrow with Montreal playing Boston at TD Garden. GO BRUINS!!!!
Wild-Av's on at 8:30 central.

Should be a great one.
Posted By: byc Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/30/14
Originally Posted by BlackFrog
In honor of the hockey fanatics I work with, I made these bottle openers for the Hawks and Montreal nuts.
I'm not a huge hockey fan most of the year, but the playoffs sure are fun to watch. smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Okay you're onto something here. Where do I place my order??

Go Caps----grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!
Posted By: Mac84 Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 04/30/14
Those are cool Black.
Anybody watching?

Wild-Av's tied up 2-2 in second.
Posted By: byc Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/01/14
LA-SJ on here. 1- zippo.
Posted By: tommyd53 Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/01/14
Yes. Plus +1
2 big games tonight for the western conference, good luck to all 4 teams.

Round 2 of the SC playoffs starts tomorrow with Montreal playing Boston at TD Garden. GO BRUINS!!!!
Posted By: huntsonora Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/01/14
Hell of a game. I hope Kuemper wasn't injured. This game has 6 minutes left and is far from over
Told ya!

Almost feel like this should go to OT. What a great series so far
4-4

Gonna be tense.
Wild win!

Wild win!

Wild win!
Hell of a series. Wish we would have had Tyson Barrie for the series but it is what it is
Posted By: P_Weed Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/01/14
The WILD Bunch !!!!!
Posted By: tzone Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/01/14
Good god! At least I didn't have a stroke. Hellova game!
Posted By: Redneck Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/01/14
Since I know nearly zip about hockey, how will the Wild stack up against Chicago?
Originally Posted by Redneck
Since I know nearly zip about hockey, how will the Wild stack up against Chicago?

The Wild won the season series...just sayin'.
Posted By: BeanMan Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/01/14
Darn it!
Posted By: stripe55 Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/01/14
The good with the bad...Wild Win!!, Flyers lose. I could kinda tell those two outcomes were to be expected, but for my boy Pavelski s Sharks to choke out so badly, yetch.
Hawks-Wild is another tough one, as was Hawks-Blues as I like both teams, but we are longer time Hawks fans sooo.
Kings-Ducks should be a crazy one, but I ll take the Kings
I will watch the Eastern Conf games, but I don t much care for any of those teams, save for maybe just a little #4 nostalgia with the Bruins
Posted By: tzone Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/01/14

The hawks are the best in the league. The wild are true up and comers. I this the hawks will win in 6, with the wild winning tomorrow night.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/01/14

Honestly, that means absolutely nothing when it comes to the playoffs. Look what happened to Detroit against Boston, the Red Wings won 3 of 4 against them in the reg season and lost their 1st round playoff series 4-1. As much as I hate to say it, I don't see Minnesota beating Chicago in this one but I will be pulling for them anyways.

What an epic choke job in the Sharks/Kings series, San Jose is up 3 games to none and end up losing it in 7. LA will be dangerous in the playoffs and I believe they are the only team in the west that can beat the Blackhawks.

Game 1 tonight, Bruins vs the Canadiens. Both teams are well rested but I think Montreal will be a bit rusty and Bostons playing like they are on a mission. GO BRUINS!!
Honestly, that means absolutely nothing when it comes to the playoffs.

I'm just trying to stay positive. grin

It'll be tough for the Wild.
Honestly, that means absolutely nothing when it comes to the playoffs.

I'm just trying to stay positive. grin

It'll be tough for the Wild.

I hear ya, i'll be pulling for them too. wink
Posted By: RVB Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/01/14
Hawks should roll over the Wild...just say'n. Regular season means NOTHING when it comes to the playoffs.

Habs and Bruins should be great to watch. Huge rivalry going back a looong time. I think the goalies will decide this one. If Price is at the top of his game they will take it. Habs in 7!
Habs won't win in Boston and Boston is one of the best road teams in the NHL. The only way the Habs get a win is if Budaj is in net. Bruins in 5.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/02/14
A fantastic performance by Price last night in net, Montreal had no business winning that game but he stood on his head and won it for them.

I know Monashee is looking down with a big smile, congrats to you my friend.
Posted By: deflave Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/02/14

The Wild is about to get ass pounded with a tomahawk.

Travis
Posted By: goalie Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/02/14

Depends a lot on goaltending for the wild.

I know that sounds biased coming from me (look at my name) but, in this instance it is true. If the Wild gets ok goaltending or worse, they are done. With good it is a close series. Great for either team can steal it.
Posted By: goalie Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/02/14
Originally Posted by RVB
Hawks should roll over the Wild...just say'n.

Just like the one-seeded Avs should have.....just say'n
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

Oh, that's right...yer from Illinois. grin
Posted By: Pittu Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/02/14
Stay classy, Bruins fans!! cry

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...-p-k--subban-after-game-1-164933596.html

Posted By: deflave Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/03/14
Did you guys notice all those Pollocks lost?

Travis
Posted By: byc Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/03/14
Go Wizards!!!
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/03/14
I never watch sail boat races.

Travis

You called it.
Wild-Blackhawks starting on NBC. Not sure I want to watch...
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/05/14
Originally Posted by Pittu

Those are not Bruins fans, those are nothing more than a bunch of idiot sore losers and the Bruins don't need their kind of support. Montreal had game #2 and you could see it in their faces before the 3rd period started. They were laughing and getting in the Bruins faces to let them know it.

The Bruins have been the best 3rd period team in the NHL all season, 2 goal leads are nothing for them to overcome. Next Montreal should try playing 3 full periods of hockey before they start celebrating.

The Wild are done, they will probably win game 3 but I think Chicago finishes them off in game 5 at home. I think LA is the only team in the west that can beat them to get to the finals. It's been an awesome run to the cup so far.
Posted By: Daverageguy Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/05/14
College Football soon...Roll Tide!
Posted By: deflave Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/05/14
Wild-Blackhawks starting on NBC. Not sure I want to watch...

That tomahawk is gettin' quite the workout.

Travis
The Wild are done.

Not even in the same league as Chicago. At this stage I just hope it doesn't get too embarrassing.
Posted By: colorado bob Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/06/14
Pens are up 2-0 in game 3 -----end of 2nd. Sid scored his 1st goal.
Bump.

The Wild beat Chitcago 4-0 last night.

Reason for hope?
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/07/14
Well you never know, look at what the Kings did to San Jose. I'm pulling for them but i'm not overly optimistic.
Posted By: deflave Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/07/14
Bump.

Reason for hope?

It really bothers me when guys have to say something every time their team wins.

Travis
Bump.

Reason for hope?

It really bothers me when guys have to say something every time their team wins.

Travis

That ain't fair, I also have to say something every time we get our asses kicked. grin
I may have to read it. But I don't have to like it.

Travis
Yeah, I know what you mean.

I hate it when guys hijack a thread and make it all about themselves.
I've never heard or read a conversation that wasn't about me.

Travis
I know.

Bless you.
Posted By: kamo_gari Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/10/14
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...ertime/yids9Vzw7qYF5xF4cHHddO/story.html
Posted By: Pittu Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/10/14
Last year it was Krug lighting it up (and still is), this year Florek and Fraser. The Bruins sure get good use of their farm club boys in the playoffs.

The bruins are an impressive machine, especially when they get down a couple goals and the pressure is on.

I fully expect to see a repeat of last years Cup Finals. Maybe not the same outcome though.
I may have to read it. But I don't have to like it.

Travis

Did the Wild win last night? I haven't heard.
Posted By: colorado bob Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/10/14
Yes, series tied 2-2
Posted By: tzone Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/10/14
Yep 4-2
Yeah, I was just razzin' Travis...since it bugs him so much.
Posted By: deflave Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/10/14
There were a few expletives used yesterday evening...

Travis
Posted By: gutthooked Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/10/14
Fluery stunk up the ice last night. I cant see them going to far with him in the net.
Posted By: tbear99 Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/11/14
fluery is mediocre atbest but he has a hell of a team infront of him that gets him wins
Blackhawks-Wild are on CNBC at 8:00 central. Huuuge game.

I'll actually get to watch this one.
Posted By: huntsonora Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/11/14
Cant wait to see this one
Posted By: tbear99 Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/11/14
Rangers leading penguins 2-0 in first go rangers
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/12/14
Katherine Tappen is the cutest damn thing..
Wild are up 1-0 after the 1st. Can't stop this juggernaut!
Posted By: Dogballs Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/12/14
Originally Posted by tbear99
Rangers leading penguins 2-0 in first go rangers

Incredible story with St. Louis, the guy is a class act and pulled it together under pressure. The Penguins, on the other hand, are coming unglued.
Posted By: byc Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/12/14
Go Bullets!!!!...errrrrrr Wizards!

91 all!
Posted By: gutthooked Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/12/14
I think the team is just fed up with fluery giving up soft goals. They play with some desire until they get behind. Whoever wins this series wont get by the habs or bruins.
Posted By: deflave Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/12/14
Gots us a hockey game...

Travis
Chicago is tough at home. Lookin bleak for the Wild...2-1 with 8:00 to go.

Posted By: deflave Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/12/14
Did you guys see Poland lose tonight?

Travis
grin cry
Posted By: huntsonora Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/12/14
Did you guys see Poland lose tonight?

Travis

Lmao
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/12/14
Hawks barely hang on to win at home and now have to go back to Minnesota for game 6, this series is going 7 games. The Wild put up a lot better fight than I expected, Chicago better bring their a game because this could go either way.

Bruins in the drivers seat, if they play their game like they did on Saturday they should wrap this one up tonight. But it's the playoffs and anything can happen.

Posted By: tzone Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/12/14
The Wild are a great TEAM. Chicago has more talent though. MN needs finishers. They could have put their foot on the 'hawks throat and didn't. It was there for the taking last night, that's for sure.
Posted By: tbear99 Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/13/14
Game 7 and rangers score first I hope Crosby and flurry fall apart again
Wild-Blackhawks on at 8:00 central on CNBC.
Posted By: gutthooked Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/13/14
Fluery sucks they should trade him for a used set of water bottles in the off season. Fat lady is warming up in Pittsburg.
Posted By: tbear99 Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/14/14
2-1 rangers end of 2 hopefully they hold on and expand lead
Posted By: anie Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/14/14
Let's go wild!
Posted By: tbear99 Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/14/14
Crosby goes home to cry rangers still alive
Posted By: NDsnowman Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/14/14
Tee time for Crosby foursome 8:00 AM tomorrow. Playing from the ladies tees, of course.
Posted By: Penobscot_99 Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/14/14
Go you Blackhawks !
Game is heating up, great action. 1-1 in 2nd.
Posted By: deflave Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/14/14
Poland looks pretty strong tonight.

Travis
Posted By: broomd Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/14/14
Go Hawks!!! Another cup!
Posted By: gutthooked Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/14/14
Wild still tied up. 3rd will be a nailbitter for sure.
another gift for the wild power play#2 in the 3rd
The Wild are taking it to em, just haven't been lucky.
I bet Prince has been crying all night.

Travis
Posted By: byc Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/14/14
Originally Posted by broomd
Go Hawks!!! Another cup!

You racist ppphukers!!

Go Redskins!
Posted By: oldmodel Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/14/14

Bad loss for the wild - they outplayed Chicago just could stuff it in the net.

Both my teams are out. Major melt down for the penguins also.

At least theres no cheeseheads in the Stanley cup playoffs!
'Hawks brought the thunder when OT started.

I was going to stay up and watch it until the end but I get so sick of watching Kane score goals I decided to just go to bed.

Travis
Posted By: mack5511 Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/14/14
Deflave as the preeminent poster of GFY I send a hearty GFY back at you for the Hawks win!!

and we are not Polish there in MN we are Norweeegan!

LOL

Good luck to the Hawks the rest of the way!!

Mack
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/14/14
Game 7 in Boston tonight, Bruins will be bringing the pain, hopefully they'll be bringing some scoring along with it. Someone needs to flatten that showboating, [bleep] Subban.
Originally Posted by mack5511
Deflave as the preeminent poster of GFY I send a hearty GFY back at you for the Hawks win!!

and we are not Polish there in MN we are Norweeegan!

LOL

Good luck to the Hawks the rest of the way!!

Mack

No offense, sir. But you're claiming Minnesoduh and your location clearly states you reside in Floriduh.

I'd say the evidence of Polishness is pretty overwhelming in this case.

Travis
Posted By: Beargrease Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/14/14
Thought that it would be stretch for the Wild to get past the Blackhawks. At least they gave them a run for the money. Didn't watch the whole thing. More like Fargo, game, Fargo, game, OT, f**k!

We'll see you next year, you betcha!
Schit. I completely forgot about Fargo last night. Any good?
I'm going to enjoy the bear skinning tonite in boston.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/14/14
I'm going to enjoy the bear skinning tonite in boston.

Me too, the Bear skinning those poor helpless little Canadiens tonight in the Den will be epic. wink
Posted By: RVB Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/14/14
[Linked Image]
Posted By: mack5511 Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/15/14
LOL Deflave,

I did my time in purgatory and got out to the fun and sun of FL. 30 years of MN was plenty.

And they are still not Polish up there. LOL

Mack
Posted By: deflave Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/15/14
Not so sure. Every one I meet seems pretty Polish.

But I'll defer to your 30 years of experience.

Travis
Posted By: gutthooked Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/15/14
The fat lady is singing for them bruins...
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/15/14
Good night Boston! grin
Posted By: deflave Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/15/14
Have they always allowed black people in Canaduh or is Sub ban on a special visa? Kinda confusing.

Travis
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/15/14
Have they always allowed the feeble minded in Montana or is it something in the gene pool? grin

SC
Posted By: broomd Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/15/14
The only team that concerned me was Boston and their size. G'bye bruins.

Hawks should go all the way...:D

Kudos to the Wild for a tough series. The BH speed was too much for them.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/15/14

My thoughts too BUT, I wouldn't go thinking the Hawks are in the finals just yet. The Kings are a very good checking team and play a nasty style ala Bruins. If they get by the Quackers the Hawks will have their hands more than full with the Kings.

I don't see either the Rangers or the Habs beating a west coast team in the finals.

My thoughts too BUT, I wouldn't go thinking the Hawks are in the finals just yet. The Kings are a very good checking team and play a nasty style ala Bruins. If they get by the Quackers the Hawks will have their hands more than full with the Kings.

I don't see either the Rangers or the Habs beating a west coast team in the finals.

Yeah, the Kings can bring the pain. I think that they have the best chance at beating the BH of the teams remaining, and it wouldn't be a total shocker if they prevailed. Last years series underscores their talent.
Whatever happens, i'm pulling for the west coast to win the cup. Even if I wanted too, as a diehard Bruins fan, I could never, ever pull for the Canadiens to win the cup.

And believe it or not, i'd rather see the sick Rangers sick beat the Habs and go to the finals.
Posted By: Beargrease Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/15/14
Schit. I completely forgot about Fargo last night. Any good?

I thought so. I get some good laughs out of every episode. smile
Them rangers arent going anywhere they stink. Habs all the way...

Ducks and kings tonite game 7 anything can happen.
Them rangers arent going anywhere they stink. Habs all the way...

Ducks and kings tonite game 7 anything can happen.

The Habs went 1-1-1 against them with a total of 4 goals scored between both teams.

Yeah, they stink alright. lol

Go Rangers!!! wink
Posted By: tbear99 Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/15/14
Rangers are finally starting to gel
We'll see come Saturday...Habs in 4 or 5.

I Should have taped the bruin meltdown so I could have some hockey to watch tonite. Nice having fresh bear steaks on the grill....
Posted By: tzone Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/15/14

The wild are faster than the BH's. Out skated them every game. The BH's have more talent though.

I'm not sure the BH's can beat the Habs. They're a hellova good looking club.
We'll see come Saturday...Habs in 4 or 5.

I Should have taped the bruin meltdown so I could have some hockey to watch tonite. Nice having fresh bear steaks on the grill....

Yes YOU will but I won't, i'll be too busy enjoying the outdoors.

I'd bet you wouldn't know a bear steak from a pork chop. lol
Posted By: n007 Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/15/14
Canadiens Ol� Ol� Ol�

The wild are faster than the BH's. Out skated them every game. The BH's have more talent though.
I'm not sure the BH's can beat the Habs. They're a hellova good looking club.

Should be fun watching it all unfold.... laugh
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/17/14
Originally Posted by n007
Canadiens Ol� Ol� Ol�

Indeed. lol
Meh...

Fugg it...go Blackhawks.
Posted By: byc Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/17/14
Meh...

Fugg it...go Blackhawks.

Racist! But they do have the coolest sweaters.

Go Redskins!
Now that was an azzwhoppin! Rangers in 5!! lol
Posted By: tbear99 Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/17/14
Haven't watched the game yet cause doing chicken BBQ at legion but 7-2 is impressive opener for series go rangers
Rangers looked good, Habs, not so much. Henrik and the Rangers d shut the door big time and the Canadiens had no answer. Go Rangers!
Posted By: tbear99 Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/18/14
almost time for kings to take the fight to the blackhawks
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/18/14
Kings are playing some excellent, gritty hockey and this May end up being a better series than the finals. This one is going to get nasty and a suspension or 2 before it is all over with wouldn't surprise me at all. Sorry Frank (broomd) but.................go LA!! Rangers too!!
Posted By: broomd Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/18/14
No worries, my friend...:) go hawks!
Game on!
Posted By: broomd Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/18/14
Great opener to the series. BH 3--1 Kings
This will be a dogfight.
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/18/14
Chicago is looking gooood.
Posted By: tbear99 Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/18/14
Hawks are good but still root against them mostly because coworker likes them
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/19/14
Nice win by the Hawks! That disallowed goal was a good call and as soon as it went it I didn't think it was a goal due to goalie interference.

The Hawls second goal was a nasty one, hits a stick then bounces off the ice and over Quicks shouler. I still think this one goes 7.

The Habs underestimated the Rangers and lost home ice, if the Rangers win tonight this could be a short one. Go Rangers!!!
Posted By: Pittu Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/19/14
If Price isn't 100%, I think the Habs are lucky to take a game or two based on the way NY dominated them.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/19/14
Price is out for the series and Budaj is in. Rangers will win thes series easily.
Posted By: tbear99 Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/20/14
Are the rangers gonna bring habs back to school I hope so the habs running 3rd string goalie I personally wanted price not cause hurt but because he is there best goalie.
Posted By: tbear99 Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/20/14
Habs starting strong 1-1 but will they stay strong or fall apart
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/20/14
Canadiens defense can't handle the speed of the Rangers, IMO whoever is in net is irrelevant. Rangers finish this one on home ice.

Not really a Ranger fan but I am a big fan of King Henrik and i'd like to see him hoist the cup. Montreal is the last team i'd like to see hoist the cup.

Posted By: Dogballs Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/20/14
Not really a Ranger fan but I am a big fan of King Henrik and i'd like to see him hoist the cup. Montreal is the last team i'd like to see hoist the cup.

Agreed. If Lundquist keeps playing like he is now the Rangers will be tough to beat.

It's like the Habs put everything they had into beating the Bruins and now have nothing left. With Price out I think they're in big trouble.
Originally Posted by Dogballs

Agreed. If Lundquist keeps playing like he is now the Rangers will be tough to beat.

It's like the Habs put everything they had into beating the Bruins and now have nothing left. With Price out I think they're in big trouble.

My thoughts exactly, though the Rangers speed is taking it's toll on them as well. Hopefully Boston is watching this series and can add some speed for next season.
Posted By: Pittu Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/20/14

I agree with that, but the Rangers went 7 games two series in a row didnt they? Plus they started the Penguins series with 3 games in 4 nights and still came out on top.

I'd like to see the Rangers play the blackhawks, but I think the Hawks smoke them if it comes to that. Then again, St Louis and the boys seem to really be on fire...
Posted By: broomd Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/20/14

My thoughts exactly, though the Rangers speed is taking it's toll on them as well. Hopefully Boston is watching this series and can add some speed for next season.

Yep, not much left in the tank for the Habs..those Bruins are big, nasty mofos.
Posted By: n007 Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/20/14
Originally Posted by n007
Canadiens Ol� Ol� Ol�

Indeed. lol

With Price out so are the Canadiens.
Posted By: deflave Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/20/14
It's exciting to watch Chicago win another Cup.

Travis
Posted By: byc Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/20/14
It's NOT exciting to watch Ovechkin being carried off the ice in freaking Germany, put into an ambulance and carted to a European hospital. WTF is he doing!!?????

Between that and 15 innings with Cincy last night I'm a sports mess.

Yep, not much left in the tank for the Habs..those Bruins are big, nasty mofos.

Lol........hopefully they are paying attention to this series and see how the Rangers are dominating the Habs on the score sheet. Being big and bad won't do you any good if you can't put the biscuit in the basket.
Posted By: broomd Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/31/14
Man, I am worn out...series tied 3-3!

Two fabulous teams battling from start to finish.

Way to go hawks, tonight was a helluva'n effort!
Posted By: deflave Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/31/14
Hawks came back strong. Holy schist.

Travis
Kaner!!! Who'd thunk it. Hawks are 7-1 in the UC for the playoffs...jess sayin' wink

Thought Crawford was gonna drop the gloves. Guess he didn't need to. Stopped 4 shots in the last 5 seconds with an empty net at the other end of the rink. Solid.
Posted By: deflave Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/31/14
That was a good confrontation.

Kings are gonna have it tough in Chicago.

Travis
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/31/14
Awesome series!
Posted By: tzone Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 05/31/14

Travis

Kings choked. Hawks will will in Chicago.
Posted By: broomd Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 06/01/14

Travis

Kings choked. Hawks will will in Chicago.
No chokers here, just brilliant play from both squads.

This one could go either way, I'm hoping my hawks have one more in them....I think the winner here will win the cup...go Toews, Kane and rest!
Posted By: CaneSlinger Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 06/02/14
Well, here it is - game 7 of the conference finals and going to overtime.
Who's your money on?
Posted By: deflave Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 06/02/14
[bleep].

Travis
Posted By: packrat77 Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 06/02/14
Hard fought. Oh well.
Posted By: Mac84 Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 06/02/14
Helluva game. Go Rangers!
Posted By: broomd Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 06/02/14
Hawks left it all out there.

Go rangers at this point....but LA will be tough to stop.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 06/02/14
It's exciting to watch Chicago win another Cup lose to the LA Kings at home in game 7 of the WCF's.

Travis

I agree. laugh

LA will beat the Rangers in 6-7 games but it should be an entertaining series.
Posted By: deflave Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 06/02/14
One of these days I'm going to learn to stop being so arrogant.

(not really)

I'm gonna say Kings in game 7.

Travis
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 06/02/14
Was a helluva good series between the Hawks and Kings, we can only hope the Finals will be just as good.
Posted By: Dogballs Re: Stanley Cup playoffs - 06/02/14
Great series, I was pulling for the Hawks and I thought they were going to pull it off.

Kings are the favorite over the Rangers on paper, but I'd love to see the Rangers win it, and they have a good chance if Lundqvist stands on his head.

CBC does a new intro for each game, this is from Game 6 NYR/Montreal....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su27EpdagWI
© 24hourcampfire