Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
He sure seems to be the real deal. He's got fast feet too.

Camp is where you make it.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
This was outstanding.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Go Hawks 88 needs to keep steping it up

I sure hope Detroit looks better than Tuesday night

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by gutthooked
7 games seems like a pretty light penalty for his track record.

Well he wasn't even considered a repeat offender anymore. Almost two years has passed since he was in any sort of trouble. Nearly a model citizen with the Wild and a real asset to the team.

His track record got him 7 games, anyone else would have sat for 2 or 3.

Here's a quote from retired NHL official Kerry Fraser that I pulled off of TSN on Matt Cookes suspension.

Originally Posted by Kerry Fraser
My colleague and friend Bob McKenzie shared the following information with me that should address your questions. A player's record is expunged if he goes 18 months without an infraction but that only applies to the formula for calculating lost wages. If a player has a fine or suspension in last 18 months, he's a repeat offender and the lost wages formula is based on number of games suspended (5/82 for a five game suspension) as opposed to number of days (5/182 for a five game suspension in a 182-day regular season).

But a player's "history" stays with him as a permanent record and the NHL can take into account any or all past transgressions when determining length of a suspension.

History doesn't allow the NHL to suspend a player who, if not for his history, wouldn't be suspended. But once an illegal play has taken place, the NHL can use Matt Cooke's history as part of his sentencing even if his transgressions were years ago.

With as many suspensions as he's had, he will always be considered guilty when he has an infraction like he did the other night, and rightly so.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
<<<<
<<<
<<
<

'Nuff Said!

R.

You can run, but you'll just die tired.
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Cooke should have been thrown out of the league forever.

"Let me say it as simply as I can: transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones of this presidency."
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Hell it wasn't 'that' bad. Check out the blond chicks at the end of the vid. Prime Scandinavian stock.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
This was outstanding.

Granlunds goal was great but this one is more impressive IMO

Edit to add that Granlunds goal being a game winner in OT was a better goal but the athleticism of MacKinnon is just amazing

Last edited by huntsonora; 04/24/14.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Yeah, that was a great goal. Quick SOB.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why is this playoff not televised at least as much as tree hockey?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by 4ager
Why is this playoff not televised at least as much as tree hockey?

NBC is carrying every game, I believe.

"Let me say it as simply as I can: transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones of this presidency."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So is there a way to watch it online?

Don't believe everything you think.

You ain't learnin' nothin' when you're talking.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by huntsonora

Edit to add that Granlunds goal being a game winner in OT was a better goal but the athleticism of MacKinnon is just amazing

You mean like last night? grin What did the Av's have, 8 shots? that D was great. Keumper's goal he let in shouldn't have happened though. eek

We have a series again now!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The Wild completely dominated...again. They should be winning these games by four goals.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Av's goalie is fantastic. Like their coach used to be. He's what is keeping the games within reach for the Av's. I needed a drink after last nights final 3 minutes!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Rask is up for the Vezina and watching his performance last night I can see why. Bruins are up 3-1 on the Wings and will hopefully finish them off on Saturday.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The Wild completely dominated...again. They should be winning these games by four goals.

I had the same thought while watching, and I was rooting for the Avs of course. The way the Wild held onto the puck and cycled it, for long stretches it looked like the Avs were playing short-handed.

They've got to figure this out, in a hurry. They also need some bigger bodies to knock the Wild off the puck down low and in the corners.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole

I had the same thought while watching, and I was rooting for the Avs of course. The way the Wild held onto the puck and cycled it, for long stretches it looked like the Avs were playing short-handed.

They've got to figure this out, in a hurry. They also need some bigger bodies to knock the Wild off the puck down low and in the corners.

The Avs are a speed-oriented team.

Great in the regular season, historically, not so much in the playoffs.

FWIW, they wasted a few epic goaltending performances. Losing game three 0-1 in OT when your goalie plays like that is criminal.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by smokepole

X3! I don't know if I have ever seen a game where the score was so misleading in telling of how bad an ass whipping it really was.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
Av's goalie is fantastic. Like their coach used to be. He's what is keeping the games within reach for the Av's. I needed a drink after last nights final 3 minutes!

I just grabbed another beer with about 5 minutes left.....it worked out perfectly.

Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (204guy, 260madman, 10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 19rabbit52, 2500HD, 60 invisible), 2,255 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,505
Posts18,509,229
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.