-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Been some great hockey so far. Went to the Avs game with my sis on Saturday, the Pepsi Center was rocking.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
That hit by Seabrook was one of the worst i've seen in several years and i'm glad he was suspended for 3 games, that will give the Blues enough time to knock them out of the playoffs.

If Boston can continue to play like they did yesterday, they can win this one in 5.

The reffing in yesterdays Montreal/Tampa game was atrocious and it cost them (Tamap) a win. I don't think they will win a game without Bishop in the net either.

Go BRUINS!

That bit was legal as all hell and the only reason he got a penalty was because backus was bleeding. He should have kept his head up. He is one of the biggest cheap shot artist in the league.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
He did not have his head down, watch the video and you'll see where he turns his head around and see's the hit a split second before it happens.

It was an illegal and the league even said it was by giving him a 3 game suspension. Seabrook targeted his head with his shoulder.

Duncan Keith was a slashing machine in that game and received no penalties, those refs were letting too much go in that game.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I guess we are seeing it differently. To me, his head was clearly down, to look at/play the puck when he got popped. He was kind of leaning back, turning. Seabrook did appear to raise his shoulder a bit, but we all do when we check.

Doesn't matter to me. I'm not a fan of either club. I think Backus is a prick and most of the 'hawks are cheap shot artiists.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tzone
I guess we are seeing it differently. To me, his head was clearly down, to look at/play the puck when he got popped. He was kind of leaning back, turning. Seabrook did appear to raise his shoulder a bit, but we all do when we check.

Doesn't matter to me. I'm not a fan of either club. I think Backus is a prick and most of the 'hawks are cheap shot artiists.

I watched the replay about 10 times and you could see that Backes saw Seabrook coming but there was nothing he could do about it. Hopefully we won't be seeing anymore of that in the playoffs.

On that we can agree. Haven't watched much of the Blues play so I have no idea whether Backes is a clean or dirty player but I have seen the Hawls play and they are as dirty as they come. Bad thing about is, Keith will probably win the Norris Trophy just because he plays for the Blackhawks.

Steelhead

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Seabrooke lowers his shoulder level 6", hits him sternum first and it s a hit for the ages. He went for his head as most body shots to Backes end up in his favor, he is a beast.
I m a Hawks fan, the stupidity of that penalty, and most of their others bother me more.

That said, I m a Flyers fan, to the point of naming my son Robert Clarke *****. Its all good, the only blowout in the playoffs was the Sharks/Kings game, thats ok too as local boy Joe Pavelski should get to the second round.
I have, and always will, hate the Rangers.

1/504 PIR
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
That bit was legal as all hell and the only reason he got a penalty was because backus was bleeding. He should have kept his head up. He is one of the biggest cheap shot artist in the league.

I'm not really a fan of either team but the principal point of contact was the head, that makes it illegal by the league's rulebook. If that wasn't the case Seabrook wouldn't have been suspended.

I think the St. Louis/Chicago is the most entertaining so far, should be another good game tonight.

"Let me say it as simply as I can: transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones of this presidency."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I liked how Chicago played last year against Boston, they played the game the right way and didn't fall to the usual Boston dirty play. This year Chicago is playing like idiots, Keith was slashing and not backing it up by dropping the gloves. Backes plays rough too but that was a real cheap shot by Seabrook.

Gerry.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by rjf611
Let's go Rangers!!
Would love to see the Red Wings knock off Boston.

+1 rangers vs flyers is always a good game sucks they gave one back to them

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

I LOVE MY COUNTRY IT'S THE GOV'T I FEAR
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Backes is no choir boy, plays the game hard and in your face BUT does not take possible career ending shots at players. Heck how about the knee into saboka's thigh too? I hope the note sweeps and gets a few extra days off to heal.

Last edited by JimHnSTL; 04/21/14.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Pens are ready for the golf season....

Don't limit your challenges
Challenge your limits
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Looks like Matt Cooke is back to his old shenanigans. An intentional knee on knee to Tyson Barrie will probably cost him the rest of the playoffs since he's a multi time repeat offender.
Good riddance to him.

gutthooked, seems you jumped the gun a little there buddy, Pens are now up 2 games to 1.

Good win by Dallas last night, this series is going to go longer than most people think.

Chicago pulled a win out of their azz last night but they are in trouble against the Blues, hopefully they finish them off in 5 games.

Go Bruins!!

Steelhead

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Habs are up 3-0, go Habs.

The Montreal Canadiens lead the Tampa Bay Lightning 3-0 in their first-round series, and maybe it could have been different. Maybe Tampa could have won Game 1, in overtime, even though Montreal deserved it. And maybe they should have won Game 3 in Montreal Sunday night.

But in the chaos Montreal was a little better and a little luckier and the Habs won 3-2, and the series is all but over. Though not without controversy.

�I was pissed then, and I�m pissed now,� said Lightning coach Jon Cooper. �But that�s just my opinion.�

Cooper was upset because with four and a half minutes left in the second period of a 1-1 game � a game before which Ginette Reno sang one of the great renditions of �O Canada� you will ever hear, and in which Montreal�s Rene Bourque opened the scoring 11 seconds in while the Bell Centre sounded like a jet engine and the Lightning looked like they couldn�t quite comprehend what was happening to them � Tampa Bay scored.

Except Lightning forward Alex Killorn had hurtled into the net after tripping over an oncoming Carey Price, and while trying to get up Price lunged across the crease and collided with Killorn. Price initiated the contact, but Killorn was in the crease. Price stumbled back across the crease and was beaten by Ryan Callahan, but referee Francis Charron waved it off. Technically the call was correct, but there was room for disagreement.

Montreal scored the next two goals, and Tampa could only get one back, and that is very nearly that.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I haven't heard yet what Cooke got, if anything. It was a cheap shot, but I doubt he gets more than 3 games. He's been pretty clean for 2 years and hasn't been a repeat offender in fines according the news here. That may be his saving grace.

I don't think the wild advance without him so it may have cost them the season anyway.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I haven't heard yet what Cooke got, if anything. It was a cheap shot, but I doubt he gets more than 3 games. He's been pretty clean for 2 years and hasn't been a repeat offender in fines according the news here. That may be his saving grace.

I don't think the wild advance without him so it may have cost them the season anyway.

He has an in person hearing with the league tomorrow. Whatever he gets it's not enough in my opinion. That scumbag has ended too many careers with his cheap shots.

"Let me say it as simply as I can: transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones of this presidency."
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Cooke going to pay the piper this time..

Don't limit your challenges
Challenge your limits
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bet he gets 6+ games. Seabrooke got 3 and he's never been in trouble

Whatever he gets it won't be enough. He is trash

Last edited by huntsonora; 04/22/14.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
These are some cheap shots by Matt Cooke�.

Here is what needs to happen to Cooke again

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
He's going to get at least 5 but he should be banned for the rest of the playoffs.

That hit by Evander Kane was well deserved! He got knocked da phug out! lol

Steelhead

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Has anybody scored yet?

Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (204guy, 260madman, 10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 19rabbit52, 2500HD, 59 invisible), 2,251 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,502
Posts18,509,209
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.