Home
take out a very large and mean feral cat! Don't get me wrong, I love cats but this son of a bitch is just pure evil. I will put an end to this bastard one way or another I just hate to end up with a felony doing it! (discharge of a firearm in city limits and losing all my firearms)

I'd use my bow but houses are all around and very close and the neighbors would turn me in in a heartbeat if they could (they hate gun owners and hunters)! And the bow is way to big to not be seen. I also have a TC Encore pistol in 45/410 that would do the job but also seen and heard to easy!

I think I need some kind of air pistol but I know nothing about them! Any suggestions would be appreciated (besides shoving the cats up my ass or poisoning everything in the neighborhood)! Thanks for any help! Hell if I lived alone I'd have shot the mother [bleep] long ago from inside with an open window!
Animal control.
.22 CB Long Caps from CCI, sound like an air rifle. Many a coon and possum have met their demise.

JD338
Procure a live trap, bait it with sardines or so and haul him off to the hills next morning. Be sure to have the .410 ready when you turn him loose. I had this same problem several years ago and that was the only way out. It worked. And like you said, I like cats but not that kind.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Procure a live trap, bait it with sardines or so and haul him off to the hills next morning. Be sure to have the .410 ready when you turn him loose. I had this same problem several years ago and that was the only way out. It worked. And like you said, I like cats but not that kind.

I always release them after catching them in a live tray...just as soon as the bubbles stop.
What Pat said.
Are Conibear traps legal up there..?

[Linked Image]

I'm not familiar with an air pistol that is powerful for taking cats, most are rather anemic.

I'd say a sheridan pump in .20 cal or a benjamin in .22 would be up to the task.

[Linked Image]

Not silent by any means, but no crack and the report isn't that bad.
Ethylene Glycol or Anti-freeze is about as quiet as you can get.
ALL great ideas but I have 2 cats I like not to kill and a dog that if he got hurt in anyway, I'd be homeless and nutless!!

I have used the live traps to catch and fix some of the other ferals and get them new homes but this bastard is so wild he won't get anywhere near the traps.

May have to try the CB long caps! Sounds like just the ticket!
Get a Hav-A-Hart trap big enough for coons.

RS
Turpentine,and a corn cob might do the trick.
Originally Posted by jdm953
Animal control.

We don't have animal control here! I should say they do exist but won't come out! Not sure exactly what it is they do do but they always tell us to hire a pest control person (who can't do anymore than I can) but at a very high price!
Originally Posted by DeereJohn

HA! See, I knew someone here would suggest something up my ass! It's just that kind of place! lol
Originally Posted by RipSnort

RS

I've got one. I've been trying for months to get a different big tom cat, but they won't get near the traps! It's like they already know what it is!
I have a Crosman 1377 pump-up air pistol, and I used to have a problem cat in the neighborhood. That's all I'm gonna say.

Well, maybe one more thing. My garbage pickup is on Friday, and the last time I saw that damn cat was on a Thursday.

Note to self: we're out of black plastic trash bags...
Poison blow darts if you're proficient in such tactics, notthat I've ever done that before.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I have a Crosman 1377 pump-up air pistol, and I used to have a problem cat in the neighborhood. That's all I'm gonna say.

Well, maybe one more thing. My garbage pickup is on Friday, and the last time I saw that damn cat was on a Thursday.

Thanks! I'm Googling it now!!!
Originally Posted by Bocefish
Poison blow darts if you're proficient in such tactics, notthat I've ever done that before.

I'd probably swallow the damn things!!!!! lol AND I've got copd and probaly couldn't blow the darn thing out the end of the barrel!
Originally Posted by GhettoSportsman

HA! See, I knew someone here would suggest something up my ass! It's just that kind of place! lol
No it aint that.It's an old method the oldtimers used to use for dealing with cats.

RS

I've got one. I've been trying for months to get a different big tom cat, but they won't get near the traps! It's like they already know what it is!

The cats learn pretty fast. As kids we figured out that you can reteach them. Jam something under the lever to prevent the trap from tripping. Cover the sides as well, as they will/do reach in from the side and scoop up food.

Now that the trap wont "trap" them, feed them every night for a week or so. Tuna works great. Get them all sorts of used to it. food nearby, food inside, food on the triiger, you name it.

Then after a week or so fo them finally getting used to a free meal remove the trigger block.

I wonder if the golden malrin might be of use for flies and such as well?

ethylene glycol is a bad way to go. Cats kidneys are not robust, but the death isnt fast. No need to torture them.

As mentioned earlier, cats dont like to swim but you could try to learn them on that as well. After you trap them, of course.

Good luck. Dont get caught. Feral cats are a legitimate problem in places. Its getting that way here again.

Before and after...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
No it aint that.It's an old method the oldtimers used to use for dealing with cats.

Not familiar. They will eat the turp corn?
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

OH!!!! THAT CROSSMAN GAVE ME A WOODY!!! Thanks!

You mean they would eat that thing with turp all over it???
Just make sure you use something powerful enough and make a good head shot. Nothing brings attention like a wounded cat screaming all over the neighborhood.
Originally Posted by Bocefish

I'd probably swallow the damn things!!!!! lol AND I've got copd and probaly couldn't blow the darn thing out the end of the barrel!
I gaurentee you would swallow it,because everytime you are about to shoot one of them blowguns a smart elic rabbit blows on the other end..I know it's true cause I seen it on TV.
Originally Posted by Crockettnj

RS

The cats learn pretty fast. As kids we figured out that you can reteach them. Jam something under the lever to prevent the trap from tripping. Cover the sides as well, as they will/do reach in from the side and scoop up food.

Now that the trap wont "trap" them, feed them every night for a week or so. Tuna works great. Get them all sorts of used to it. food nearby, food inside, food on the triiger, you name it.

Then after a week or so fo them finally getting used to a free meal remove the trigger block.

I wonder if the golden malrin might be of use for flies and such as well?

ethylene glycol is a bad way to go. Cats kidneys are not robust, but the death isnt fast. No need to torture them.

As mentioned earlier, cats dont like to swim but you could try to learn them on that as well. After you trap them, of course.

Good luck. Dont get caught. Feral cats are a legitimate problem in places. Its getting that way here again.

I have been doing just that for a while now! All of the ferals except for 2 really big nasty toms have fallen for it and got fixed and relocated (new homes not dumped somewhere). BUT these 2 damn toms won't get anywhere near the traps no matter how hungry they get! Their way to wild and smart! I need to ambush them I think!

You mean they would eat that thing with turp all over it???
No it envolves catching the cat,and a corncob soaked in turpentine..The oldtimers claim the used to do it,but probably just talk.
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Just make sure you use something powerful enough and make a good head shot. Nothing brings attention like a wounded cat screaming all over the neighborhood.

EXACTLY! If I could ambush them at 4am with the 410 I could put an end to their crap!
Cats are easy to get rid of. You get good at it when your neighborhood is plagued by them because stupid women and their coddling dumbazz men go about spay/neuter and release all the strays in the area (they never get them all). You end up with decades of disease carrying nasty cats laying waste to everything they can kill. So, you figure out how to get rid of them. Check your medicine cabinet and then cross reference cat toxicity.
Originally Posted by 4ager
Cats are easy to get rid of. You get good at it when your neighborhood is plagued by them because stupid women and their coddling dumbazz men go about spay/neuter and release all the strays in the area (they never get them all). You end up with decades of disease carrying nasty cats laying waste to everything they can kill. So, you figure out how to get rid of them. Check your medicine cabinet and then cross reference cat toxicity.

Actually I'm one of them coddling dumbazz men! I don't want to kill em all! I just want to get rid of one (actually 2) of the bad ones! They've cleaned up the neighborhood of mice and chipmunks and the squirrels stay pretty much in the trees and have quit burying things all over the place and digging up other places! I like having some of them around.
Shoot it with the Benjamin. Pick your time when
neighbors are not in sight. Shoot 'em the day before
garbage pick-up. After the kill, let it calm down all around.
Make sure nobody can see you. Put on some good gloves and
put it in the trash. Good Luck! cool
I figured everyone had heard about taking a cob,and turpentine to a cat, but now I feel crazy.I googled it and this outta explain it. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=turpentine%20cat
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/3795408/1

or CCI "Quiet"
CB'S or Aguila Colibris, a weapon appropriately zeroed and a Kennedy/Lincoln sight picture are all you need. Squeeze, shoot and shovel.
Aquila super colibri. Discharged from inside your house (muzzle inside the house), through a cracked window. Will sound like a hand-clap inside the house, and relatively nothing outside. Give it a try inside, at 30 feet, into a phone book. No semi-automatics.
In a discussion about the worlds most powerful liquid, the Priest says "I can just sprinkle a little Holly water on a pregnant womans belly and she'll pass a baby boy!"
Little Johny says "Hell, that ain't nuthin' Father. Slap a little turpentine on a cats azz an it'll pass a motorsickle!!" shocked crazy laugh
The proper way to "turpentine" a cat does involve catching it first which of course seems to be the problem the OP has been having. Works better if it is alive too. A properly turpentined cat needs his butt liberally roughed up with the corn cob and then you dowse it with the juice. Holding a cat you have caught and completing these two essential steps is not for the faint of heart. Stuck head first into an old lace up boot with breathing holes in the toe is a pretty good way to subdue said cat while the "roughing up" procedure is done but even that ain't an easy chore as you can imagine. Once you get him roughed up you need to let him rest a bit before the last step in the procedure. This is a good time to take care of any medical needs such as scratches and bites you or any helpers and bystanders have received up to this point.

The last step can be tricky (as if the first ones weren't) as you should reach down and untie the boot laces with one hand while applying about an eighth cup of the juice with the other. Don't worry about loosening the laces as it is a given that the subject will launch out of the boot in a very surprising manner. It is a given that you will never see this cat again but for the next 3.2 nano seconds an area roughly the circumference of 40 acres needs to be avoided until he gets lined out in a straight away direction. Hope this helps...
anyone know if those CB shorts will run in a Ruger Mark 2 target pistol???

They will not.

A bolt action or Marlin 39 is the way to fly with the CB Shorts. A long barrel on either is preferable to reduce noise.
I doubt the shorts will cycle a semi auto, but you'll be fine in single shot mode.

They are however much louder out of a pistol than a rifle. I've fun cb's out of a variety of 22's over the years, and out of a long barrel they are very quiet.
Damn it! I'm starting to think maybe a claymore is what I need and I'll just have to take my lumps with the law!
http://www.gamousa.com/wood_rifles.aspx
Sounds like a great excuse to go rescue an old single shot from a local pawn shop or similar.

Now those looks really nice! I'd have to use that out a window in the house!

Yep.. Use enough gun, and shoot them in the right place. A caterwauling lawn lion doing somersaults across the front yard gets all kinds of unwanted attention.

Like mentioned, the havahart and a 50 gallon drum of water is pretty quiet.
If your really from the ghetto you might put out a bounty of a pack of Kools,and an Old English 40 ounce on the cat.or better yet maybe you'll get lucky and the cat will get shot in a driveby .LOL

Louder than a CB Short out of a single shot with a long barrel, and less powerful or effective.
Use a live trap. Once you have the offender, drop the trap in a trash can full of water like Pat said. Put the carcass in a heavy garbage bag and and drop it in the freezer till trash day. Problem solved. whistle
Sounds like a great excuse to go rescue an old single shot from a local pawn shop or similar.

That would be nice! Maybe I could do like Steven Seagal and tape a plastic pop bottle to my barrel and save the world! lol

Good Idea though! I have an Encore that shoots minute of barn at 50 yards! Maybe I could trade it in and step UP to an old 22!
If your really from the ghetto you might put out a bounty of a pack of Kools,and an Old English 40 ounce on the cat.or better yet maybe you'll get lucky and the cat will get shot in a driveby .LOL

Heck if I was really in the ghetto I'd be shooting out the window daily and I doubt anyone would notice!

Louder than a CB Short out of a single shot with a long barrel, and less powerful or effective.

NO kiddin? Louder than an air rifle! I gotta look for some of thes CB's!!

I bought a new Gamo. It held 4 in at 20 yds. Booklet said it would take 800 to 1500 shots to blow the grease out and then it would become accurate. Big 5 gave my money back.

I have a .20 Silverstreak that has taken a hundred cats- if you count the nine lives.
Originally Posted by mart
Use a live trap. Once you have the offender, drop the trap in a trash can full of water like Pat said. Put the carcass in a heavy garbage bag and and drop it in the freezer till trash day. Problem solved. whistle

I wish it was that simple! That bastard knows what traps are and stays away from em. He can catch all the food he needs. He's got no reason to get near the trap!
Sheridan pellet gun or CCI CB's. Don't buy Remington CBee's if you need quiet, they are much louder than CCI.

Traps will work too, live or spring, I made on from a suitcase that would latch upon closing once. I would just pick up in the morning, toss in the pack of the pickup, and drive away.
If this tom is as wary as you say you may not be able to get close enough to get it with an air pistol. I suggest you snare him. He will be less wary of a snare than a trap. Dispatch him with hammer handle or hang him with the snare.

I know a guy that had a problem with a dog once. He told me that the key to getting rid of an animal you don't want around is to shoot it ONE TIME, Very very late at night or Very very early in the morning. ONE SHOT. People may here it, BUT they aren't sure what they heard or where it came from. At least that's what a guy told me. I wouldn't know personally. whistle
How close are you able to get to him? Within range of a slingshot?
Originally Posted by pal
How close are you able to get to him? Within range of a slingshot?

I sit real still and quiet on the front porch and maybe twice a month he'll get within 10 to 15 yards before he notices me and is off like a rocket!

It's kinda like deer hunting! Sit for days seeing nothing, then they show up out of nowhere for 2 seconds and are gone! lol (at least that's how my deer hunting used to go)!

EDIT! forgot to add, I thought of a slingshot but with all the concrete and everything else I'm afraid of the marble or ball bearing bouncing into a neighbors! They already hate me cause I own guns and used to hunt!
Some time ago there was a loose dog hanging around making general nusance of himself. He was not aggressive so I did not want to kill him. I got him in my garage and spray painted a target and crosshairs on him. Sent him on his way never to be seen again.
My Calico likes to watch Monday Night Football
[Linked Image]

The way I heard it, it was Turpentine and a bottle brush and after the application of the Turpentine he could pass a Honda vacating the premises!!! whistle wink whistle
If I could catch this devil tom out in the middle of the night it would be no problem. Everyone around here is in bed by 1am and between then and daylight it would be pretty easy BUT surprisingly he doesn't show up at all here after dark (as far as I can tell)

I may just have to go nocturnal myself for a few months and just give the 12ga a workout!
It's hard to tell how old,and street wise that cat is.You probably aint the only one after it.When I was a kid my cousins lived in town,and I remember a neighborhood cat that everyone called Mr.T.,because he always looked like he'd been tore up fighting.You would think with a name like that he would have been black,but he was one of them orange cats
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
My Calico likes to watch Monday Night Football
[Linked Image]

My mother has one that watches tv also! I think she said it seems to notice animals on the screen!
I have a 1377 and it is ok IF YOU ARE PRETTY DAMN CLOSE. Also, the inability to easily scope it sucks, but that is easily rectified with a little add-on:

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Crosm...s_2240_2250_2260_2289_1322_Air_Guns/4387

and I would get the .22 version, but that's just me. I regret getting the .177 now that my pest control air rifles are all .22

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Crosman_1322_Air_Pistol_Black/2657
CCI quiet ,or Aquila colibri, 22 shells.
I fired them in my house,and the hammer falling on my lever action henry 22 is louder.
plenty accurate at 50 ft for head shots.
by the way,a cat caught in a conibear trap by the head,is no where near quiet,unless submerged.

I wish it was that simple! That bastard knows what traps are and stays away from em. He can catch all the food he needs. He's got no reason to get near the trap!

Place a small camping mirror in the back of the trap behind the bait. It works with trap wise raccoons. They think another animal is competing for the bait. Works in a lot of cases.
Live trap......turn it over to authorities or take it to the woods and a 410 shot won't hurt the live trap when applied from a few feet.
It's hard to tell how old,and street wise that cat is.You probably aint the only one after it.When I was a kid my cousins lived in town,and I remember a neighborhood cat that everyone called Mr.T.,because he always looked like he'd been tore up fighting.You would think with a name like that he would have been black,but he was one of them orange cats

HA! We have a monster black one I call Brutis like the bully from the Popeye cartoons. He's been the king of the neighborhood for a long time but now this somewhat new one (about a year) has moved in and Brutis got ripped up on a regular basis! Now I think the two have joined forces and now dominate the neighborhood together!

I've made it a personal mission to relieve the neighborhood of these two! I've got 2 doctors trying to force me into a hospital the last few days! I told them that hospitals kill more people than violent crime and I've had enough of hospitals! I will get these two bastards before they plant me!

Place a small camping mirror in the back of the trap behind the bait. It works with trap wise raccoons. They think another animal is competing for the bait. Works in a lot of cases.

OH! That might be worth a try! Thanks!!!!
ALL great ideas but I have 2 cats I like not to kill and a dog that if he got hurt in anyway, I'd be homeless and nutless!!

I have used the live traps to catch and fix some of the other ferals and get them new homes but this bastard is so wild he won't get anywhere near the traps.

Whatever you do, if you try a live trap DO NOT try to transfer the bastard to a cardboard box. I know, for fact how that SOB in the truck felt when the Leopard came after him...my neighbors cat climbed right up my leg going for my throat!

Originally Posted by RDW

Whatever you do, if you try a live trap DO NOT try to transfer the bastard to a cardboard box. I know, for fact how that SOB in the truck felt when the Leopard came after him...my neighbors cat climbed right up my leg going for my throat!

Holy catnip Batman!

GEEZ that was something! So far I have trapped almost a dozen but then I hand em off to one of the feral caretakers and they do the rest.

From what I understand the vets have these steel fingers (for lack of a better word) that they use to back them up in the cage to where their pinned at the very end where they can give em a sedative and knock em out before they open the cage!
Well, I'm pretty sure I would not be shooting in a urban area with anything other than my middle finger. Couple of alternatives not mentioned so far:

A 12 weight flyrod, orange and red streamer. You get a grand fight and plausible deniability.

Trap it, put a shock collar on it. Or skunk scent. Release and behave responsibly.

A baited CATapult.

A good varmint call. It might bring dogs and cats together?

Just suggestions.
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Well, I'm pretty sure I would not be shooting in a urban area with anything other than my middle finger. Couple of alternatives not mentioned so far:

A 12 weight flyrod, orange and red streamer. You get a grand fight and plausible deniability.

Trap it, put a shock collar on it. Or skunk scent. Release and behave responsibly.

A baited CATapult.

A good varmint call. It might bring dogs and cats together?

Just suggestions.

Thanks very kindly! It's not like I haven't put any thought into this! It's been going on for a couple years now and I'm fed up with pussyfooting around with this little son of a bitch!

Now that you mention it, I haven't seen my fly rod in a long long time! I wonder where the hell that went!!!!

The trap thing's never gonna work unless I can camo the trap somehow. He just won't get anywhere near it.

The CATapult just might work but I'd probably just get our dog and end up getting skinned and quartered!

I have been playing with some varmint calls but usually end up calling in foxes and yotes! They end up catching and eating one of the cats but never the ones that need to be eaten! lol

back to the fly rod, ya think I should use a catgut leader for that???
I have not read the whole thread, but;
I had the same problem some years back.
One of those spring cock pellet rifles in .177 @ 1,000 FPS did the job. One through the lungs. He was even kind enough to wonder 5 houses away before piling up in the bushes.
Originally Posted by Anaconda
One of those spring cock pellet rifles in .177 @ 1,000 FPS did the job. One through the lungs. He was even kind enough to wonder 5 houses away before piling up in the bushes.

I think your right! Some kind of pellet or air gun is probably the answer! Thanks!
ya think I should use a catgut leader for that???

Some things are self evident.
[/quote]

That would be nice! Maybe I could do like Steven Seagal and tape a plastic pop bottle to my barrel and save the world! lol [/quote]

You may actually be on the right track here. A guy I know likes to use a baby bottle nipple on his .22; calls it his disposable silencer. I don't know how quiet it really is, but he swears by it.
Originally Posted by Anaconda

I think your right! Some kind of pellet or air gun is probably the answer! Thanks!

Great way to make the evening news.. You gotta make them dissappear or the cat loving crazies will come out of the woodwork and act like someone killed a bus load of orphans.

If you go with the CB longs instead of shorts (same velocity and bullet weight), you can load the longs into the magazine and cycle the gun manually. There just happens to be a half-dozen CB longs in the magazine for my MKII right now.

The will be a bit louder from the pistol barrel than from a rifle barrel, so if volume is an issue, you might want to skip the pistol and go with a rifle.
Antifreeze and cheap canned cat food....bout as quiet as it comes.
Borrow a 'good' paintball gun-freeze the paintballs.
Super Colibri, as somebody already said. I turn a Buckmark into a single-shot with them, nearly every day. Same with a Ruger 22/45, and a number of rifles. Quiet as, or more so, the more potent pellet guns. That 20 grain pointed pellet is very potent, close, and should do the job on a headshot.
Originally Posted by Bama_Rick

You may actually be on the right track here. A guy I know likes to use a baby bottle nipple on his .22; calls it his disposable silencer. I don't know how quiet it really is, but he swears by it. [/quote]

When I was just a young whipper snapper I used to hear rumors that a balloon taped over the end of a rimfire would act like a silencer! Kinda surprised after all these decades I've never really tried it! Actually kinda forgot about it till now!

Great way to make the evening news.. You gotta make them dissappear or the cat loving crazies will come out of the woodwork and act like someone killed a bus load of orphans.

Yes your absolutely right! The folks around here are actually scared of cats! LOL Hard to believe but it is the city! (Citidots) I think they hate me even more cause I'm one of those crazies who own guns and used to hunt!

I've also vowed that if SHTF ever happens, I would not interfere with all the neighbors right to be a victims.
Originally Posted by bruinruin

If you go with the CB longs instead of shorts (same velocity and bullet weight), you can load the longs into the magazine and cycle the gun manually. There just happens to be a half-dozen CB longs in the magazine for my MKII right now.

The will be a bit louder from the pistol barrel than from a rifle barrel, so if volume is an issue, you might want to skip the pistol and go with a rifle.

Probably well worth a try but I doubt I'll be able to find any of this super quit rimfire anywhere around here! I don't get out much but when I do there hasn't been rimfire ammo around for a long time now. I'm kinda stuck with the Federal Gold Medal target stuff I bought for the Mark2 long ago!
You guys are great! I spent most of the night out on the porch with my Encore 45colt/410 10" vent rib pistol. Not a soul in the neighborhood was awake, but no sign little bastard! He's like a ghost! It'll probably be another 2 weeks before I get a glimpse of him again!
You guys are great! I spent most of the night out on the porch with my Encore 45colt/410 10" vent rib pistol. Not a soul in the neighborhood was awake, but no sign little bastard! He's like a ghost! It'll probably be another 2 weeks before I get a glimpse of him again!

Well, that certainly meets one of your two requirements. grin
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Well, that certainly meets one of your two requirements. grin

Yep, only one though! I'm really getting sick of this cat! I do occasionally hear shots go off around here (mostly the middle of the night) but there always around a mile from here and I've always assumed it was officers putting down a car struck deer.
quite a few years ago, this fellow i knew, had a problem with about 30 feral cats breeding on his property. Calling the animal control people, they wanted ten bucks a piece to trap them. So fellow got a have a heart trap, and when got, they were taken to a remote area. This was around the time of true grit, and the duke shooting the rat. Cats were given an option, to run like hades for the tree line when released, if not, well that was it.
that is when it was discovered that bird shot is not really effective on a cat for drt. Then the 50gallon can of water thing was tried, cats can tread water for a LONG time, and they can bite clear through the web of your hand, or so i am told.
The Godfather of this tribe was a part siamese, part bobcat female that didn't want to get got. So fellow used a 22.250 which prompted a neighbor to start screaming the russians were invading. But it did work for said cat. Pretty impressive shot too, considered the bottle of bourbon consumed waiting for said cat to cooperate.
I have a couple working my back yard these days, they are after the birds which i like. Something is going to have to be done eventually.

Havahart traps work.

What happens to your heart after you've got the bastid is your business.
Thanks guys! I have trapped almost all of this one family. The one's that don't know what a trap is are pretty easy, but the ones that do know what it is won't get anywhere near em!

HEY! With all the reality shows being the rage now, maybe I could have a weekly series of my dumb ass trying to catch this devil cat while trying to follow the letter of the law! lol Couldn't be any worse than the shows on now!!!!!!
If you're trying to get this cat before they put you in the ground, I wouldn't worry so much about consequences and I sure as heck wouldn't worry about neighbors. At this juncture, you might consider your best options for killing the cat in broad daylight with maximum trauma to the whackos.
No. 4 treble hook baited with a sardine, tied to 50# test braided line with hook 40 in. off the ground.

Put in earplugs and go to sleep.

SOMEBODY will come and kill him for you.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
If you're trying to get this cat before they put you in the ground, I wouldn't worry so much about consequences and I sure as heck wouldn't worry about neighbors. At this juncture, you might consider your best options for killing the cat in broad daylight with maximum trauma to the whackos.

HA!!! Actually that was my very first thought! But after considering it a bit, I would be leaving behind many problems and didn't want to contribute to the anti gun anti hunting crowd! It is interesting how the closer you get, the less rules and regulations really mean to ya! If it was just me here, I wouldn't worry about it at all!
Originally Posted by curdog4570
No. 4 treble hook baited with a sardine, tied to 50# test braided line with hook 40 in. off the ground.

that's kinda like a tip-up for ice fishing! actually at one point and having a machine tool design background, I considered web cams and a remote controlled drop net! lol
Originally Posted by add

damn! she don't look that good to have to put up with all that!!!!
You only want to kill one particular cat, so do NOT use an indiscriminate method which kills - conibear, poison, etc. I'm sure you would feel bad if you killed a different cat. Use a live trap to make sure you get the right one. If it is a feral cat, no need to drop it off to Animal Control.

Then it is up to you to kill it quickly, preferably a shot to the head out in the country.
Originally Posted by grouseman
You only want to kill one particular cat, so do NOT use an indiscriminate method which kills - conibear, poison, etc. I'm sure you would feel bad if you killed a different cat. Use a live trap to make sure you get the right one. If it is a feral cat, no need to drop it off to Animal Control.

Then it is up to you to kill it quickly, preferably a shot to the head out in the country.

I agree 100%! Problem is this particular cat knows all about traps and won't go near em.
DAMN! I've been posting here and burnt my breakfast!!
If you're a handloader, you can make some very quiet centerfire loads. Never tried them on flesh, but a 38 cal hollow base wadcutter loaded backwards in a 35 whelen over ~1 gr of bullseye will make it half way through a phone book and expand quite nicely. Report is about that of a cap gun. The one that impressed me the most was as I recall 5 gr of red dot under a 60 gr hollowpoint in a 218 mashburn contender. Penetrated a 4X4, three 2X4's and then when it hit the concrete floor it pancaked to quarter size. Needless to say, report was quite a bit more than a cap gun.

Lots of other options depending on caliber and bullets. It's amazing what a few grains of fast powder can do...
I had them same problem.......Solution. Go to Harbor Freight pickup a Large Live Trap!!!!!Stop on the way Home and pickup a can of Sardines Place in Trap, catch cat and take him to the middle of the National forest and set him Free.......Problem solved and no crime involved.
If you're a handloader, you can make some very quiet centerfire loads. Never tried them on flesh, but a 38 cal hollow base wadcutter loaded backwards in a 35 whelen over ~1 gr of bullseye will make it half way through a phone book and expand quite nicely. Report is about that of a cap gun. The one that impressed me the most was as I recall 5 gr of red dot under a 60 gr hollowpoint in a 218 mashburn contender. Penetrated a 4X4, three 2X4's and then when it hit the concrete floor it pancaked to quarter size. Needless to say, report was quite a bit more than a cap gun.

Lots of other options depending on caliber and bullets. It's amazing what a few grains of fast powder can do...

I do have some 223 blue dot Seafire loads for my Encore pistol! If I remember correctly they were slightly louder than normal rimfire rounds! If I do say screw it and shoot the little bastard, I'll have to stick with shot I think as the other homes are 50 yards or so from mine. My little 10" 410 barrel wouldn't hurt a fly at 50 yards!
I was thinking of Seafire blue dot loads, yup not much louder than a 22 and very accurate.
My vote is CB Caps or Aguila Colibris in a short barrel handgun. If a rifle use the CB's as I've seen Colibris stick in a 16" rifle barrel.

I'm also curious about the subsonic loads from Gemtech but haven't been able to get a hold of any.
I have, or rather had the same problem and have neighbors on all sides. Winchester 67 single shot and CCI CB longs or shorts. Problem solved. Good out to about 30 yards, plus or minus.

I shot 67 tree rats and 11 crows in my back yard last year from about this time until Easter. Not a single complaint.
KenMtnMn, I disagree with the set it free on public lands policy, with any feral animal. Cats kill millions of small mammals and birds. I would set it free from the bonds of earth.
I wish I could get the hell out of this city and back to the country! You guys wouldn't have to hear any of this crap and that devil cat would be long gone!
A Seridan Bluestreak loaded with a diablo pellet and about ten pumps inside of thirty yards should do it!
I've taken bigger game with it.
my stepson made the news and police blotter yrs ago, when he got in a fight and picked up a cat that was walking by and used it like a club to beat the guy he was fighting. cat died, police blotter started out " man pussy whopped".
Originally Posted by stxhunter
my stepson made the news and police blotter yrs ago, when he got in a fight and picked up a cat that was walking by and used it like a club to beat the guy he was fighting. cat died, police blotter started out " man pussy whopped".

Are you pullin my third leg? Cause I seem to remember reading a story very similar to that!
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Reminds me of a day in 1976, I was 12 at the time and practicing my baitcasting skills in the apartment courtyard when a black and white cat came out of nowhere and snagged the spinnerbait on a quick retrieve. Once it felt the barb it flat hauled ass stripping the Abu 5000 of 30# mono with the finale, a loud crack that sounded like a bullwhip.

My neighbor downstairs called me a few days later to come down and "help remove a hook from a cat"...the cat was on the bathroom sink, wrapped in a towel with the spinnerbait hooked through the web of one paw and the skin of the neck.

Once my neighbor clipped the hook and the paw was free all hell broke loose with a man, a boy and one pissed off cat in a locked 4x6 bathroom....a very bad day for the man and the cat.
I have killed more cats than most. I hate the SOBs. Muddy foot prints on my truck make me insanely mad.

I don't have many neighbors but if I did I would catch the cat in a live trap then as I walked to the house I would talk to the cat in my best Bob Ross impression, (hey pretty boy we're gonna get you something to eat, o yes we are) you know, put on a show for any onlookers. Then when you get inside put a .22 CB in his brain via the eyeball. If you miss the brain get ready for a show! Nothing thrashes like a cat when shot! I hate'em as bad as crows.

I do have some 223 blue dot Seafire loads for my Encore pistol! If I remember correctly they were slightly louder than normal rimfire rounds! If I do say screw it and shoot the little bastard, I'll have to stick with shot I think as the other homes are 50 yards or so from mine. My little 10" 410 barrel wouldn't hurt a fly at 50 yards!

If you want quite in a .223 Pistol load I think Trailboss is your huckleberry.
Today is National Cat Day.

Just sayin'. smile
Barnett Black Widow Slingshot and steel ball bearings. Even without a fatal shop the cat is going to learn your area is one to avoid
Only takes a little bit of practice
Ghetto-

Solve your pussy problem yet?
I dislike cats immensely! Allergic to them too.

Having raised three boys I did learn something about cats that I had never considered. They can be taught to fly. Fly through a screen door without slowing. Not a bit.

To accomplish this catch neighbor's cat. (most any cat suffices)
Bring cat into house to the bathroom.
Drop into toilet and slam cover quickly.
Jump onto cover and grin.
Ignore desperate yawls, screams and other wild weidr sounds coming from toilet bowl.
Flush..... again.
Sounds intensify.
Jump off cover yanking it open.
Cat will fly!
Straight through the screen door.
Without slowing. Not a bit.

Flight training accomplished.

Jim
Had the same problem years ago with a feral cat that was demonic.I duct tape my sure fire to my browning .22 take down. Clean shot with a half gainer and that was that. First cat I ever shot.He was messing with our cat that had a enlarged heart and wasn't able to defend itself. Bugged me for a few days but got over it. Neighbors all around, just waited until 2 am or so.Then right into the garbage can for p/u the next morning.Bastard weighed 22lbs+.
Saw a cat get drop kicked off a second story balcony, one time. Friends had invited me for Thanksgiving dinner. After preparing all the side dishes, the husband went to get the turkey, which he had earlier set on the table to cool--it was gone! But he found the cat wrapped around it, under the table.
Since my favorite cat eliminator, Sierra 110 grain HP's at trans warp speed out of a .300 Winchester, might be frowned upon in your neighborhood, I would recommend a .22 short from a long barreled rifle or something like one of the spring cock Gamo airguns that churn up over 1,100 fps.

Failing that it would be sardines and anti-freeze for me.
Thank me later
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Are Conibear traps legal up there..? [Linked Image]

That is a thing of beauty! grin

Ed
I'm liking that, too.

That disreputable old marlin 39A (that won some 200 Meter matches )...STAYS loaded with CCI CB Shorts these days, and I've mounted a red dot sight on it for looking into really dark lurks for any variety of pests.

[Linked Image]

That Aguila Sub-sonic is JUNK, and should not be allowed into the country, I've seen a boatload of good old arms trashed with the rings it WILL generate.

CCI ammo,....?

...No problemos,...and quieter than my spring driven 1000FPS .17 cal airgun by far.

Probably been through 5-600 here on the place, this summer.
NICE 30 yard offhand match, and a good reason to dig out that old Winder with the 22 twist barrel and the short chamber. The Marlin hasn't beat THAT one yet.

GTC

Honestly?

Get a neighbor kid.

Yeah, you know him.
A bit of a bully - bigger for his size and full of himself.

It isn't his first rodeo.

Quietly slip him a 10 spot and let him know your wishes...

Plausible deniability.
Screw that...kids talk. This is best done mono.
Originally Posted by 280shooter

This guy lives right by me. I may have to see if I can watch one of his expeditions with the mortar.
Originally Posted by okok
Screw that...kids talk. This is best done mono.

laugh
Originally Posted by ironbender
Ghetto-

Solve your pussy problem yet?

HA! Nope! No pussy for me yet!
© 24hourcampfire