Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
[/quote]

That would be nice! Maybe I could do like Steven Seagal and tape a plastic pop bottle to my barrel and save the world! lol [/quote]

You may actually be on the right track here. A guy I know likes to use a baby bottle nipple on his .22; calls it his disposable silencer. I don't know how quiet it really is, but he swears by it.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GhettoSportsman
Originally Posted by Anaconda
I have not read the whole thread, but;
I had the same problem some years back.
One of those spring cock pellet rifles in .177 @ 1,000 FPS did the job. One through the lungs. He was even kind enough to wonder 5 houses away before piling up in the bushes.

I think your right! Some kind of pellet or air gun is probably the answer! Thanks!

Great way to make the evening news.. You gotta make them dissappear or the cat loving crazies will come out of the woodwork and act like someone killed a bus load of orphans.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
anyone know if those CB shorts will run in a Ruger Mark 2 target pistol???

If you go with the CB longs instead of shorts (same velocity and bullet weight), you can load the longs into the magazine and cycle the gun manually. There just happens to be a half-dozen CB longs in the magazine for my MKII right now.

The will be a bit louder from the pistol barrel than from a rifle barrel, so if volume is an issue, you might want to skip the pistol and go with a rifle.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Antifreeze and cheap canned cat food....bout as quiet as it comes.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Borrow a 'good' paintball gun-freeze the paintballs.

FJB & FJT
IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Super Colibri, as somebody already said. I turn a Buckmark into a single-shot with them, nearly every day. Same with a Ruger 22/45, and a number of rifles. Quiet as, or more so, the more potent pellet guns. That 20 grain pointed pellet is very potent, close, and should do the job on a headshot.

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Bama_Rick

You may actually be on the right track here. A guy I know likes to use a baby bottle nipple on his .22; calls it his disposable silencer. I don't know how quiet it really is, but he swears by it. [/quote]

When I was just a young whipper snapper I used to hear rumors that a balloon taped over the end of a rimfire would act like a silencer! Kinda surprised after all these decades I've never really tried it! Actually kinda forgot about it till now!

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns! (from a 1960's bumper sticker)
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G

Great way to make the evening news.. You gotta make them dissappear or the cat loving crazies will come out of the woodwork and act like someone killed a bus load of orphans.

Yes your absolutely right! The folks around here are actually scared of cats! LOL Hard to believe but it is the city! (Citidots) I think they hate me even more cause I'm one of those crazies who own guns and used to hunt!

I've also vowed that if SHTF ever happens, I would not interfere with all the neighbors right to be a victims.

Last edited by GhettoSportsman; 10/28/14.

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns! (from a 1960's bumper sticker)
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by bruinruin
anyone know if those CB shorts will run in a Ruger Mark 2 target pistol???

If you go with the CB longs instead of shorts (same velocity and bullet weight), you can load the longs into the magazine and cycle the gun manually. There just happens to be a half-dozen CB longs in the magazine for my MKII right now.

The will be a bit louder from the pistol barrel than from a rifle barrel, so if volume is an issue, you might want to skip the pistol and go with a rifle.

Probably well worth a try but I doubt I'll be able to find any of this super quit rimfire anywhere around here! I don't get out much but when I do there hasn't been rimfire ammo around for a long time now. I'm kinda stuck with the Federal Gold Medal target stuff I bought for the Mark2 long ago!

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
You guys are great! I spent most of the night out on the porch with my Encore 45colt/410 10" vent rib pistol. Not a soul in the neighborhood was awake, but no sign little bastard! He's like a ghost! It'll probably be another 2 weeks before I get a glimpse of him again!

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You guys are great! I spent most of the night out on the porch with my Encore 45colt/410 10" vent rib pistol. Not a soul in the neighborhood was awake, but no sign little bastard! He's like a ghost! It'll probably be another 2 weeks before I get a glimpse of him again!

Well, that certainly meets one of your two requirements. grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Well, that certainly meets one of your two requirements. grin

Yep, only one though! I'm really getting sick of this cat! I do occasionally hear shots go off around here (mostly the middle of the night) but there always around a mile from here and I've always assumed it was officers putting down a car struck deer.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
quite a few years ago, this fellow i knew, had a problem with about 30 feral cats breeding on his property. Calling the animal control people, they wanted ten bucks a piece to trap them. So fellow got a have a heart trap, and when got, they were taken to a remote area. This was around the time of true grit, and the duke shooting the rat. Cats were given an option, to run like hades for the tree line when released, if not, well that was it.
that is when it was discovered that bird shot is not really effective on a cat for drt. Then the 50gallon can of water thing was tried, cats can tread water for a LONG time, and they can bite clear through the web of your hand, or so i am told.
The Godfather of this tribe was a part siamese, part bobcat female that didn't want to get got. So fellow used a 22.250 which prompted a neighbor to start screaming the russians were invading. But it did work for said cat. Pretty impressive shot too, considered the bottle of bourbon consumed waiting for said cat to cooperate.
I have a couple working my back yard these days, they are after the birds which i like. Something is going to have to be done eventually.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 10/28/14.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Havahart traps work.

What happens to your heart after you've got the bastid is your business.

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Thanks guys! I have trapped almost all of this one family. The one's that don't know what a trap is are pretty easy, but the ones that do know what it is won't get anywhere near em!

HEY! With all the reality shows being the rage now, maybe I could have a weekly series of my dumb ass trying to catch this devil cat while trying to follow the letter of the law! lol Couldn't be any worse than the shows on now!!!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If you're trying to get this cat before they put you in the ground, I wouldn't worry so much about consequences and I sure as heck wouldn't worry about neighbors. At this juncture, you might consider your best options for killing the cat in broad daylight with maximum trauma to the whackos.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No. 4 treble hook baited with a sardine, tied to 50# test braided line with hook 40 in. off the ground.

Put in earplugs and go to sleep.

SOMEBODY will come and kill him for you.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Fireball2
If you're trying to get this cat before they put you in the ground, I wouldn't worry so much about consequences and I sure as heck wouldn't worry about neighbors. At this juncture, you might consider your best options for killing the cat in broad daylight with maximum trauma to the whackos.

HA!!! Actually that was my very first thought! But after considering it a bit, I would be leaving behind many problems and didn't want to contribute to the anti gun anti hunting crowd! It is interesting how the closer you get, the less rules and regulations really mean to ya! If it was just me here, I wouldn't worry about it at all!

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by curdog4570
No. 4 treble hook baited with a sardine, tied to 50# test braided line with hook 40 in. off the ground.

Put in earplugs and go to sleep.

SOMEBODY will come and kill him for you.

that's kinda like a tip-up for ice fishing! actually at one point and having a machine tool design background, I considered web cams and a remote controlled drop net! lol

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

618 members (12344mag, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 16gage, 1moredeer, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 3,164 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,965
Posts18,519,524
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.