Home
Posted By: SamOlson AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/10/15
Wife was watching last night. I sat down and bonded....

IMHO opinion AC/DC ripped it the frick up!

They always bring it and give fans their money's worth
Posted By: wageslave Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/10/15
yep,
it was all downhill from there.
I made it to about Madonna's bare legs.......
I thought it was Hillary....and bailed.
Rock n Roll a guy can get into
They always do. I didn't catch that performance, but AC/DC has always been one of my all time favorite hard Rock bands, too.
It's sad that the older brother Malcom , who always played Rhythm guitar, is in a nursing home because of dementia. I think it's his son that is filling in for his spot in the band, nowadys.
Posted By: Bearcat74 Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/10/15
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Wife was watching last night. I sat down and bonded....

Torched it!
Posted By: slg888 Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/10/15
Didn't watch the Grammys so thanks for sharing. Seen AC/DC 3 times and will catch'em on this next tour as well.
Originally Posted by wageslave
yep,
it was all downhill from there.
I made it to about Madonna's bare legs.......
I thought it was Hillary....and bailed.

yup

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
They always do. I didn't catch that performance, but AC/DC has always been one of my all time favorite hard Cock bands, too.
It's sad that the older brother Malcom , who always played Rhythm guitar, is in a nursing home because of dementia. I think it's his son that is filling in for his spot in the band, nowadys.
Wtff?
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
They always do. I didn't catch that performance, but AC/DC has always been one of my all time favorite hard Cock bands, too.
Wtff?

Fuggin spellcheck on my iPad should be outlawed!!! Normally, i go back and proof read before I hit submit. Guess I was in a hurry, today. And I never look at the post while I'm typing.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/10/15
I just cranked it up and put the headphones on.

Pure awesomeness.
Posted By: BangPop Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/10/15
They always do. I didn't catch that performance, but AC/DC has always been one of my all time favorite hard Rock bands, too.
That's Stevie Young, Angus and Malcolms nephew. He laid it down pretty well on their new album.
Originally Posted by BangPop
That's Stevie Young, Angus and Malcolms nephew. He laid it down pretty well on their new album.

Cool! Glad they're keeping it in the family!
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/10/15

Would that be the hard cock family?
Originally Posted by gitem_12

Would that be the hard cock family?

grin
I thought those guys all died of drug overdose or something.
"Highway to Hell" is a satanic-themed song and was performed complete with audience wearing plastic devil horns....

Lyrics include..."Hey satan, payin' my dues, playin'' in a rockin' band, Hey mumma, look at me, I'm on the way to the promised land, I'm on the highway to hell"...

Just one more example of devil worship out in the open...and people lapping it up.

The lead guitarist looked ridiculous in his "walking shorts", and the lead singer strutted around and sounded like a screeching parrot....

Interestingly, the serial killer, Richard Ramirez was "inspired" by the AC/DC song "Night Prowler" and wore an AC/DC t-shirt during his killing sprees...

Posted By: grouseman Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/10/15
Even though that voice grates on me like fingernails on a chailkboard, I'd listen to them ten times out of time before some of this new crap passed off as entertainment.
Posted By: add Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/10/15
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

Buzz Kill #1 (surprise!)
It's just rock 'n roll.

I wouldn't read into the lyrics that much.

Been a fan since the late 1980's(when I was like 12 years old) and am not a devil worshipper.
Posted By: add Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/10/15
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
"Highway to Hell" is a satanic-themed song and was performed complete with audience wearing plastic devil horns....

Lyrics include..."Hey satan, payin' my dues, playin'' in a rockin' band, Hey mumma, look at me, I'm on the way to the promised land, I'm on the highway to hell"...

Just one more example of devil worship out in the open...and people lapping it up.

The lead guitarist looked ridiculous in his "walking shorts", and the lead singer strutted around and sounded like a screeching parrot....

Interestingly, the serial killer, Richard Ramirez was "inspired" by the AC/DC song "Night Prowler" and wore an AC/DC t-shirt during his killing sprees...

And his brother, Buzz Kill #2
Posted By: Higginez Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/10/15
Wtff?

Hey, you know what Flave always says...

For those about the cock, we salute you!

You got it all wrong boss...The devil "worships" AC/DC, not the other way around.

Not quite AC/DC, but worth a play.
Damn right, I can't think of a single person that doesn't love AC/DC.
Posted By: donsm70 Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/10/15

I'm with you Sam. I didn't watch the "show" because of all the other chit on there, but thanks for the AC/DC footage.

donsm70

when don't they?
Posted By: HawkI Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/10/15
Originally Posted by Higbean
Wtff?

Hey, you know what Flave always says...

For those about the cock, we salute you!

Big Balls, She's Got Balls, Ballbreaker, Got Ya By the Balls....but this whole COCK thing could get outta hand.

I think he called me a piss drunk COCK one time.....then it was banned for awhile.
Posted By: BMT Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/10/15
I saw AC/DC open for Aerosmith in Long Beach California in 1978.

grin
BMT
http://vimeo.com/60769265
Posted By: 4ager Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/10/15

Holy crap.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/10/15

I bet you got a bunch of tail in high school.
Posted By: hardway Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/10/15

And Johhny Cash "Shot A Man Just To Watch Him Die" so whats you're point. It's just rock n roll.

Geez Grandma, it's just Rock n'Roll
AC/DC is my all time favorite band, period.

But this seems fitting for the assmaster

What?
You like Ozzy better?

Thanks for the comedy, Bro.

Satan
Originally Posted by Certifiable

You got it all wrong boss...The devil "worships" AC/DC, not the other way around.

They probably worshipped one another for all we know.

WT, I have to agree that lead quitarist looked ridiculous. I even had flashbacks at my 20 year high school reunion because a local group [including 2 of my classmates] played all of their songs very well.
AC/DC would be my choice for a Superbowl halftime show...but they don't ask me.

The band is iconic, everyone loves them. Except for folks who think the Devil can control the mind through a 3 minute record.

Always interesting...
The lead guitarist looked ridiculous in his "walking shorts"

"Ahem"... those are grammar school shorts. Every working class Brit schoolboy wore 'em, we all did, part of the uniform ya know: Cap, blazer, shirt, tie, shorts, kneesocks....

Here's my own school circa 1967.... cool

[Linked Image]

As for the rest, I suspect Satan ain't got much use for cheap theatrics, business being so good already.

Birdwatcher

Ac/DC will probably never do the Superbowl. Despite their success they seem ignored. There are other bands from their era who have had similar success that, it seems, everyone is supposed to like. So You will see The Stones, Aerosmith, or Zeppelin before you see AC/DC. That will piss someone off.... Oh well!
I went out and found a Fattie instantly so she could shake me all night long after listening to those Satanists.....

The Fattie was the preachers daughter.

It was glorious.
Originally Posted by asphaltangel

WT, I have to agree that lead quitarist looked ridiculous. I even had flashbacks at my 20 year high school reunion because a local group [including 2 of my classmates] played all of their songs very well.

Whoa whoa whoa.....
All the devil worshipping/mind control over murderers stuff is fine and dandy...
But Angus Young rocking the schoolboy uniform isn't ridiculous, it's a master of his craft At the top of his game. And he been there for bout 40 years now....

Whoa whoa whoa.....
All the devil worshipping/mind control over murderers stuff is fine and dandy...
But Angus Young rocking the schoolboy uniform isn't ridiculous, it's a master of his craft At the top of his game. And he been there for bout 40 years now....

He's made a lot of money wearing those dorky shorts and looked stupid wearing them.. .....

Originally Posted by Steelhead

I bet you got a bunch of tail in high school.

You're way off base.
He could add some military surplus gear and a canteen to his shtick........
Or an Uberlanche.....
He could add some military surplus gear and a canteen to his shtick........
Or an Uberlanche.....

grin Uberdude!

I enjoyed them being on, but truthfully Sammo, they reminded me a bit of myself

can still bring it when called upon

but definitely past the prime

saw em live years ago when we were all younger
Posted By: MojoHand Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/10/15
Holy schit, there are some idiots on here...but then you all knew that already.

"Highway To Hell" was written about life on the road as a rock 'n roll band, but seeimg as they were a rock band and not a PBS documentary crew they used metaphors....

Man, stupidity really doesn't have an average....
So....

How long before the 'christians' bring up back masking!??? laugh crazy
Originally Posted by MojoHand
So....

You're right about them idiots....
Thank god they didn't have Maiden open up with Eddie along! grin
Went over yer head...
This guy would fit in PERFECTLY up here in the Freakshow!

Always interesting...

"Highway To Hell" was written about life on the road as a rock 'n roll band, but seeimg as they were a rock band and not a PBS documentary crew they used metaphors....

So....

How's that for Irony?
Posted By: 222Rem Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/10/15
Why can't the NFL hire THEM for a halftime show?!?

I've lost track how many years I've used the halftime break to get food and take a leak.

Always interesting...

So....

How's that for Irony?

Ha! Hadn't clicked on your vid so was wondering WTF you were talkin about. smile

My comment wasn't directed at you. However, the whole back masking thing is a crock of schit anyway (originally proposed by TBN, for god's sake!). Takes some real skill and manipulation to get complete 'lyrics' out of that.

I challenge anyone to listen to STH backwards and get anything out of it...besides a headache! wink Sorry to all the Tipper Gores out there...

So, no Hig. No offense directed your way man... eek

Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/10/15
Does Angus still play "Thunderstruck" ? That might have been too much to hope for...

grin
I gotta admit, it creeps me out in a few spots. If you just listen to it without the written "lyrics" you can pick up a few things. But I think it's mostly the power of suggestion and the excitement of hearing something that perpetuates the myth. The fact that Page was into that crap and used a lot of it in their art work adds to the Robert Johnson type mystique.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/10/15
[bleep] my pit Petey is licking my [bleep] toes, what as i talking about but when that pero heard ac dc he saluted.
As for the AC/DC, great stuff. I loved Rock n' Roll Train and will buy this one as well.

I always thought Brian Johnson would have lost it by now. I was telling a friend (that's in the know) I can't believe he can keep singing after belting out that raspy stuff for so long. Well, it turns out, when he sings, it's really quiet. Like talking voice quiet. You can sorta tell when watching him. Never would have guessed that.

well, now ya do my friend. laugh
Posted By: twofish Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/10/15
Angus has been bringin' it for a long time. Brian Johnson is doing pretty good compared to recent years and his vocal issues.

Still remember when I first heard him on BnB after replacing Bon Scott. He was a great replacement as front man replacements go.

Tough shoes to fill in that situation. A much better job than Van Hagar and many others IMHO.

And for all the whiners, it's rock and roll, lighten up. And if you want to blame anyone about the devil horn thing blame Ronnie James Dio's Eyetalian Grandmother haha...

If you want to really get your drawers in a wad listen to some nice gangster rap or something....

twofish
If you want to talk devil,think Elvis,and that good ole southern boy who married his cousin,Jerry Lee.
now that's just evil. mad
The song "Highway to Hell" is about Bon Scott's drive to his favorite bar. The Highway was nortorious for auto deaths.

Not satan as some one else pointed out.
Years ago I heard one of the band members jokingly say something along the lines of, "we're the only band that can have 20 hits that all sound the same..."

I butchered the quote but it was funny.

That was hilarious....
Thanks Buddy.

Years ago I heard one of the band members jokingly say something along the lines of, "we're the only band that can have 20 hits that all sound the same..."

I butchered the quote but it was funny.

They sold their souls
for Rock & Roll.

and chicks.
Posted By: slumlord Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/10/15
of course you thought so

Post up some spanish opera garbage and make us some cupcakes

Originally Posted by slumlord
make us some cupcakes

With sprinkles?

Please.
And of course we can't blame them one bit!
Posted By: tndrbstr Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/10/15
make us some cupcakes

With sprinkles?

Please.

Sorry, sprinkles are for winners.
Praise Jesus!
Posted By: kecatt Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/10/15
It was sad to see Malcom Young step away from the band due to health issues. Stevie Young (Angus and Malcoms' nephew) will do a fine job as a replacement as he finished out the Blow Up Your Video tour in 1988 when Malcom took a break from touring.
It was cool to see Chris Slade back behind the drum kit. I suspect he will be there a while as Phil Rudd deals with his legal troubles in New Zealand.
Here's a few select cuts:

Some early Bon Scott stuff:

I saw them live at Reunion in Dallas in '81. Angus mooned the crowd and rocked all the way around the arena. It was awesome. IMO You Shook Me All Night Long is their best song. TNT is pretty damn good though as are Dirty Deeds and Whole Lotta Rosie.
I was a little before their time but I don't hate em. There's lost of "music" that's worse out there.

I guess Eric Clapton was about as close as I came to liking hard rock. John Lee Hooker, John Mayahl and the Blues Breakers,,, that was good stuff.
I liked Soul too. The Supremes, Percy Sledge, Aretha.....

I think I'll go put on some Otis Redding and make ya'll some Fried Chicken.

Almost forgot,,,, I have an old Jonny Winters LP. Does that count as hard rock?
I just drank a quart of Scotch out of goat's head while watching Highway to Hell video.
You know where liars go right?
Posted By: XPLRN Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/10/15
Originally Posted by keystoneben

Those fellars did a right and tight cover with some rather unique instruments!! The banjo player was amazing and I especially liked the anvil sound!!
I have come full circle. When I was 6 or 7 till about the sixth grade I liked AC/DC. When I got in the seventh grade I discovered Metallica and started playing drums then slayer and pantera. After many years of listening to and playing music I have come back to the roots of hard rock and metal. mettallica started sucking afterJustice and AC/DC never changed or got all putzyfied like metallica did. Cudos for them, old as hell and still kickin azz!
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/10/15
There's some boys around here like that!!

Originally Posted by keystoneben

Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/10/15
I turned the TV on to the Grammys seconds after AC/DC finished performing, that was the only part I wanted to see. Original link did not work so here's another one.

Posted By: byc Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/10/15
Brian Johnson has also become a very accomplished racing enthusiast/driver to include the Rolex, 24 hours at Daytona.

www.brianjohnsonracing.com/
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
I turned the TV on to the Grammys seconds after AC/DC finished performing, that was the only part I wanted to see. Original link did not work so here's another one.

PHOOCK YEA~!!
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I just drank a quart of Scotch out of goat's head while watching Highway to Hell video.

I just sacrificed a virgin with sprinkles.

PS Jim Morrison was a serial killer- Riders On The Storm. The legend of Robert Johnson lives on.
Originally Posted by seal_billy
I have come full circle. When I was 6 or 7 till about the sixth grade I liked AC/DC. When I got in the seventh grade I discovered Metallica and started playing drums then slayer and pantera. After many years of listening to and playing music I have come back to the roots of hard rock and metal. mettallica started sucking afterJustice and AC/DC never changed or got all putzyfied like metallica did. Cudos for them, old as hell and still kickin azz!

Yep.

Though, the "black" album by Metallica is damned good, and there are tracks on both "Load" and "ReLoad" that are really kick ass. After Newsted left the band, they went to Hell; the newer stuff just sucks.

AC/DC is just AC/DC.
Posted By: slg888 Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/10/15
AC/DC Black Ice tour was the 4th all time grossing music tour.

Asian entertainment...

Posted By: tndrbstr Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/10/15
There you go Stoney! Now THERE"S a super bowl half time show!

classic...............................
what are your thoughts on Charles Manson being inspired by The Beatles

crazy crazy crazy

whitetail 48 probably grew up in his small church community protected from us "apostates" by mommy and daddy all his life.god forbid if you aint a member of his church, ya gonna burn in hades if you aint donating for your soul in his little circle church protected community according to the preacher or whatever
dude probably went to private school or was home schooled
sheltered from society
might even have a wife or 4 with a long dress to the floor and a son banished on a mission somewhere for a year or 2
gotta keep that young competition away from the young poontang
so da elders and self declared prophets can have at it instead

then again whitetail48 might be a muslim
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

or Baptist
or protestant
or catholic
or buddist
or jewish
or a rastafarian

crazy crazy crazy

I'm makin a list of all you sataners, er satanonians, no satanizers??

oh F all you debil worshipers! I'm making a list
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/10/15

Bon Scott was the only AC/DC member who died. Self-induced alchohol poisoning. His vocals were superior to BJ. The rest of the boys are tea drinkers. They had a lot of good tunes for sure, but I outgrew them (and metal) a long time ago.
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Bon Scott was the only AC/DC member who died. Self-induced alchohol poisoning. His vocals were superior to BJ. The rest of the boys are tea drinkers. They had a lot of good tunes for sure, but I outgrew them (and metal) a long time ago.

mannlicher is more of the lawrence welk polka type I would bet
and maybe listens to Boy George also????????
Posted By: twofish Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/10/15
Every time I've ever been at a bar or some other shady dive and somebody played "You shook me all night long" it's like a cattle call for every redneck girl in the room. I think it must me the redneck chick national anthem.

They are powerless against and immediately commence to dancing with arms in the air like there is no tomorrow. Laffin'

twofish
Posted By: tbear99 Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/10/15
acdc was only reason i dvred it
Originally Posted by renegade50

crazy crazy crazy

whitetail 48 probably grew up in his small church community protected from us "apostates" by mommy and daddy all his life.god forbid if you aint a member of his church, ya gonna burn in hades if you aint donating for your soul in his little circle church protected community according to the preacher or whatever
sheltered from society
might even have a wife or 4 with a long dress to the floor and a son banished on a mission somewhere for a year or 2

or Baptist
or protestant
or catholic
or buddist
or jewish
or a rastafarian

crazy crazy crazy

I'll have to give you credit for your imagination. Amazing stuff here.

BTW, Manson claimed to hear from Satan himself...I don't recall anything about the Beattles, but who knows.
Um, helter skelter ring a bell?
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/10/15

Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

It rings some Hells Bells!

The Hells Belles show up here every once in a while. Been holding out for Lez Zeppelin. grin
I hear they're fun!
Posted By: deflave Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/10/15
You know where liars go right?

Motels that charge per hour.

Dave
Posted By: deflave Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/10/15
BTW, Manson claimed to hear from Satan himself...I don't recall anything about the Beattles, but who knows.

JFC...

Dave

crazy crazy crazy

sheltered from society

or Baptist
or protestant
or catholic
or buddist
or jewish
or a rastafarian

crazy crazy crazy

According to the prosecutor, Manson's two greatest inspirations were The Bible (Book of Revelation) and The Beatles.

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/manson/mansonbeatles.html
Posted By: tbear99 Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/10/15
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
The song "Highway to Hell" is about Bon Scott's drive to his favorite bar. The Highway was nortorious for auto deaths.

There was no speed limit on road and at bottom of a hill was a cross road with no stop signs.and alot of accidents from this intersection gave the name of highway to hell the bar was basically a musician's bar where musician's went and just played

crazy crazy crazy

sheltered from society

or Baptist
or protestant
or catholic
or buddist
or jewish
or a rastafarian

crazy crazy crazy

I think their was some white album connection according to Charlie at the time????
dunno know really
just remember some connection in his mind being mentioned about the beatles in the book helter skelter
Originally Posted by 4ager

crazy crazy crazy

sheltered from society

or Baptist
or protestant
or catholic
or buddist
or jewish
or a rastafarian

crazy crazy crazy

According to the prosecutor, Manson's two greatest inspirations were The Bible (Book of Revelation) and The Beatles.

You'd think a career mental health professional would have some clue about these things, as Manson is only a case study for most such programs.
Got home and went to jam out and they nuked my original link.

CBS can suck it.

Manson also claimed he wrote songs with the Beach Boys, and hung out and smoked dope with Dennis Wilson, the Beach Boys drummer. If any body was ever possesed by demons, it would be Manson. Nothing but pure evil, there.

AC/DC were just a bunch of kids that grew up Down Under and loved Rock & Roll. And one of the best Rock Bands ever!

crazy crazy crazy

sheltered from society

or Baptist
or protestant
or catholic
or buddist
or jewish
or a rastafarian

crazy crazy crazy

That's an interesting combination of "inspiration". He must of had some good drugs....or not enough [prescribed].
Posted By: 4ager Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/11/15
Oh, I'm sure Chucky was self-medicated to an incredible degree.
Originally Posted by tbear99
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

There was no speed limit on road and at bottom of a hill was a cross road with no stop signs.and alot of accidents from this intersection gave the name of highway to hell the bar was basically a musician's bar where musician's went and just played
Thanks. wink
Manson also claimed he wrote songs with the Beach Boys, and hung out and smoked dope with Dennis Wilson, the Beach Boys drummer

He did. Look it up.

Wilson thought he'd be a star.
You'd think a career mental health professional would have some clue about these things, as Manson is only a case study for most such programs.[/quote]

4ager,

Thank you for taking time and effort to look up information on Charles Manson. To be quite honest, us mental health professionals are busy dealing with mentally ill clients that are in crisis situations or otherwise needing immediate assist.

You may be thinking of psychiatrists, as they would be doing actual case studies and sharing their knowledge with the mental health professions. I have what we call "staffings" with our psychiatrist when help is needed with a particular client.
No, I'm thinking of mental health professionals, at least those with at least Bachelor's degrees in the field. Manson is a case study early on in the field, and for good reason.
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Manson also claimed he wrote songs with the Beach Boys, and hung out and smoked dope with Dennis Wilson, the Beach Boys drummer

He did. Look it up.

Wilson thought he'd be a star.

Well, he did become famous.
Posted By: rem141r Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/11/15
i still refer to this singer as "The new guy" and don't like him nearly as much as bon scott. but their 70's albums have some good tunes on them.
Nobody could sing like Bon Scott !
You'd think a career mental health professional would have some clue about these things, as Manson is only a case study for most such programs.

4ager,

Thank you for taking time and effort to look up information on Charles Manson. To be quite honest, us mental health professionals are busy dealing with mentally ill clients that are in crisis situations or otherwise needing immediate assist.

You may be thinking of psychiatrists, as they would be doing actual case studies and sharing their knowledge with the mental health professions. I have what we call "staffings" with our psychiatrist when help is needed with a particular client.
IMO nobody below a Master's level in Psychology or Counseling should be seriously doing therapy with clients. Anybody with a Master's should be aware of Charles Manson and the pathology there. Strange.

4ager,

IMO nobody below a Master's level in Psychology or Counseling should be seriously doing therapy with clients. Anybody with a Master's should be aware of Charles Manson and the pathology there. Strange.

Agreed.
If I may be so bold....there exists no pure rock and roll frontman like Bon Scott.
I thought she was running a childcare?
If I may be so bold....there exists no pure rock and roll frontman like Bon Scott.
Well, Bon Scott doesn't exist anymore...on earth. He may have taken his own uh...path, so to speak.
Bon Scott had a one-in-a-billion voice, but so does the 'new' guy. grin

I definitely prefer Bon Scott. His voice also added a comedic element to the music. High Voltage!!! grin
Posted By: MojoHand Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/11/15
i think one of AC/DC greatest strengths is their grasp of and command of space in their music. Not only do they keep it simple but this lets their music 'breathe' and, consequently, rock all the harder.

In an age of non stop pounding drums, bass and detuned guitars all trying to outdo each other it ends up being just noise with no rhythm. AC/DC know how to rock a groove...always have.

Even if it all sounds the same! grin

Don't know if it's the quote Sam was thinking of, but I remember an interview with Angus and Mal in a guitar mag and Angus said, "people say we've made 13 records and they all sound the same. That's a dirty lie.....it's 15!" (Or something close that!).

Rock on.

That was his former wife that ran the childcare.

4ager,

Did I say I did therapy with a client?

Hmmmmmmm.....

Who's sherry claiborn?
Check out this pre-AC-DC Bon Scott. I had no idea he sang this tune.

Hmmmmmmm.....

Who's sherry claiborn?

Not me.

4ager,

Did I say I did therapy with a client?
So you don't do therapy? If so, what do you do in mental health? An administrator? Are you a janitor or empty bed pans? The discussion is about deranged individuals and their pathology. If a person throws their credentials out when the discussion is taking the turn it has here, then they mean to imply experience in a given area. Not knowing any of Charles Manson's mental issues when one is a "mental health professional" is curious in this context. If I was a janitor at a law office and the particulars of the OJ trial were being discussed for instance, I would have a right to my opinion. I might even have some technical knowledge of the subject...but if I didn't have the latter, my throwing out, "I work in a law office", would be extrinsic to the discussion. It would have nothing to do with anything. Even if I were a lawyer and knew nothing about it, it would be weird to throw that out in the middle of a discussion where I knew nothing about the content thereof. I hope this clarifies.
Wonder if Bon What's-His-Name was wearing his pentagram when he choked to death on his own vomit.

I bet it's pretty hot at the barbecue where he's partying....Rock On !!
AC/DC is quite simply the greatest Rock Band in existence.

Hmmmmmmm.....

Who's sherry claiborn?

Not me.
I think it's pretty clear that we all think you are Safariman's wife. I don't mean to be intrusive, but are you? If you're not, then who are you, another of Slumlord's handles? No offense intended.

But back to the mental health topic. I would be embarrassed if in the midst of a semi-technical discussion of the OJ trial I threw out that I was a lawyer and then admitted I knew nothing of commonly studied legalese. Maybe that's just me. Again, no offense intended Maam.
Think I'll watch this tonight (For those who don't know, Gene Simmons and Ozzy are in it):

Wonder if Bon What's-His-Name was wearing his pentagram when he choked to death on his own vomit.

Hells bells, 48 Whitetails!!
Speaking of AC/DC:

So what is it you do in the mental health field?

Case manager.
Posted By: slumlord Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/11/15
Just Lurking Thru

Cole Younger who's your boyfriend this week?

Asphalt Angel, log out this IP duality is eating up too much bandwidth. Oh wait I can do that from grandma's laptop in the kitchen.

Cole Younger aka Simonkenton aka 4fagger aka SBH aka Ethan Edwards aka Capn' Cut-n-Paste.
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
AC/DC is quite simply the greatest Rock Band in existence.

Truism.

Posted By: MuskegMan Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/11/15

"Got myself a one-way ticket, goin' the wrong way, one of these days I'm going to change my evil ways, one of these days . . . "

Some foreshadowing of his ultimate demise.

Cole Younger aka Simonkenton aka 4fagger aka SBH aka Ethan Edwards aka Capn' Cut-n-Paste.

SL,

Wait just a minute here you lame, rude, condescending LimpDiick.

I'm not involved in this thread in any way at all. Just been a reader on this one. Why drag me into it??

Put the bottle back on the shelf right now, or you will raise my ire.

I do like their early stuff . . .

Case manager.

So, something like this?

http://work.chron.com/job-description-mental-illness-clinic-case-manager-18024.html

That seems to be somebody who works with the mentally ill to make sure they have housing, are fed adequately, etc. It doesn't seem like somebody who would be doing therapy with patients. So I'm curious as to how a case worker would have experience with actual pathology in a disturbed individual. If there is no experience, then I'm further perplexed as to why a Case Worker would cite their experience in a thread about actual mental illness. For instance, if I worked as a cook on a mental ward I guess you could say I worked with the mentally ill, but it wouldn't necessarily indicate I had any experience that brought anything to a thread where mental illness was being discussed. If I had a Bachelor's degree in Psychology and was a Case Worker who found housing or set up house keepers to work with individuals who were housed in the community and I didn't have education pertaining to Manson's pathology I would be loathe to comment on it...for instance.
Posted By: wageslave Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/11/15
This thread is a perfect case in point of why Satan sells.........

But the evangelicals won't see it............

Even as they cause it.......

grin

Diggity.
You think I'm 4ager?

Actually I do the Steelhead sock puppet. Don't tell anybody though.
Posted By: FlyingDog Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/11/15

She, I mean he evaluates but cases such as yourself. Slumlord, I mean Asphaltangel told me via pm that your dad should have shot you on a stump and let the ants eat you but unfortunately he didn't. So the best treatment to prescribe for someone like you is for you to go suck a glocksicle. Do the world a favor and get to sucking Jr
You think I'm 4ager?

Actually I do the Steelhead sock puppet. Don't tell anybody though.

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcFEA0vSwgQ&sns=em [/video]
This thread is a perfect case in point of why Satan sells.........

But the evangelicals won't see it............

Even as they cause it.......

grin

Diggity.

I have no AC-Greasy on any on my MP3 players. I do like BTO quite a bit. Same basic pounding R&R riffs, no satinic BS. Hell, they were good old Mormon boys. Randy Bachman runs circles around Angus and C.F. Turner has some gravelley pipe. Flame suit on!
Posted By: kecatt Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/11/15

Case manager.

So, something like this?

http://work.chron.com/job-description-mental-illness-clinic-case-manager-18024.html

That seems to be somebody who works with the mentally ill to make sure they have housing, are fed adequately, etc. It doesn't seem like somebody who would be doing therapy with patients. So I'm curious as to how a case worker would have experience with actual pathology in a disturbed individual. If there is no experience, then I'm further perplexed as to why a Case Worker would cite their experience in a thread about actual mental illness. For instance, if I worked as a cook on a mental ward I guess you could say I worked with the mentally ill, but it wouldn't necessarily indicate I had any experience that brought anything to a thread where mental illness was being discussed. If I had a Bachelor's degree in Psychology and was a Case Worker who found housing or set up house keepers to work with individuals who were housed in the community and I didn't have education pertaining to Manson's pathology I would be loathe to comment on it...for instance.

Ethan,

I never stated that I do, or have ever done, therapy with a client. I do, however, work very closely with individual clients that have severe mental health diagnoses. I am very familiar with their "pathology" as my office is inside the same building where they live. I have many other clients that I check on within the community and in their own homes.

Treatment planning involves understanding a client's diagnosis, identifying their strengths and weaknesses, and helping them to establish short term and long term goals. We develop crisis plans, run groups, coordinate with other agencies and hospitals, assist clients in utilizing resources/navigating insurance, staff with our psychologist, have a good working knowledge of psychotropic medications and their side effects, provide ongoing health education, etc.

We work closely with one another to help our clients. When I say, "we", I am talking about case managers, therapists, peer counselors, crisis workers, transition coaches/care managers, nursing, team leaders, housing staff, and supports the client has identified, and the psychiatrist on staff.

Doing therapy with a client is only one piece of a recovery model. Some clients will benefit from therapy and some won't. Some have already reached maximum benefit for therapy. Therapy is time limited whereas case management is not. Keep in mind that therapy takes place in a very controlled environment.

This position requires the ability to wear many hats. For instance, I was driving around town today looking for a client with paranoid schizophrenia. He reportedly walked out of ICU secondary to his delusional thought processes. He has a right to go AMA, but they were concerned he would return to his residence [where I work] and trigger the other male residents into a downward spiral. Fortunately, I had located him within an hour at our homeless shelter.

The job description you posted sounds more like a case manager who works for Department of Social and Health Services as they are more focused on financial, caregiving, and housing needs for people with mental disabilities. They would see all of their clients in the same building with the exception of a yearly assessment. Some of our positions overlap in this community so it can get confusing.

I don't consider myself an expert on the mentally ill, but having worked with this population for almost 15 years, having completed several hours of training, and having a passion for what I do will naturally give me some advantage when discussing the topic.

Case manager.

So, something like this?

Ethan,

I never stated that I do, or have ever done, therapy with a client. I do, however, work very closely with individual clients that have severe mental health diagnoses. I am very familiar with their "pathology" as my office is inside the same building where they live. I have many other clients that I check on within the community and in their own homes.

Treatment planning involves understanding a client's diagnosis, identifying their strengths and weaknesses, and helping them to establish short term and long term goals. We develop crisis plans, run groups, coordinate with other agencies and hospitals, assist clients in utilizing resources/navigating insurance, staff with our psychologist, have a good working knowledge of psychotropic medications and their side effects, provide ongoing health education, etc.

We work closely with one another to help our clients. When I say, "we", I am talking about case managers, therapists, peer counselors, crisis workers, transition coaches/care managers, nursing, team leaders, housing staff, and supports the client has identified, and the psychiatrist on staff.

Doing therapy with a client is only one piece of a recovery model. Some clients will benefit from therapy and some won't. Some have already reached maximum benefit for therapy. Therapy is time limited whereas case management is not. Keep in mind that therapy takes place in a very controlled environment.

This position requires the ability to wear many hats. For instance, I was driving around town today looking for a client with paranoid schizophrenia. He reportedly walked out of ICU secondary to his delusional thought processes. He has a right to go AMA, but they were concerned he would return to his residence [where I work] and trigger the other male residents into a downward spiral. Fortunately, I had located him within an hour at our homeless shelter.

The job description you posted sounds more like a case manager who works for Department of Social and Health Services as they are more focused on financial, caregiving, and housing needs for people with mental disabilities. They would see all of their clients in the same building with the exception of a yearly assessment. Some of our positions overlap in this community so it can get confusing.

I don't consider myself an expert on the mentally ill, but having worked with this population for almost 15 years, having completed several hours of training, and having a passion for what I do will naturally give me some advantage when discussing the topic.

Yes, you do sound confused.
[/quote]

So, something like this?

That seems to be somebody who works with the mentally ill to make sure they have housing, are fed adequately, etc. It doesn't seem like somebody who would be doing therapy with patients. So I'm curious as to how a case worker would have experience with actual pathology in a disturbed individual. If there is no experience, then I'm further perplexed as to why a Case Worker would cite their experience in a thread about actual mental illness. For instance, if I worked as a cook on a mental ward I guess you could say I worked with the mentally ill, but it wouldn't necessarily indicate I had any experience that brought anything to a thread where mental illness was being discussed. If I had a Bachelor's degree in Psychology and was a Case Worker who found housing or set up house keepers to work with individuals who were housed in the community and I didn't have education pertaining to Manson's pathology I would be loathe to comment on it...for instance.[/quote]

Ethan,

[/quote]Yes, you do sound confused.[/quote]

No confusion for me, but it's often difficult for people who don't work for one of the agencies to understand where one position starts and where on ends.
I
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

I have no AC-Greasy on any on my MP3 players. I do like BTO quite a bit. Same basic pounding R&R riffs, no satinic BS. Hell, they were good old Mormon boys. Randy Bachman runs circles around Angus and C.F. Turner has some gravelley pipe. Flame suit on!

Broseph,
I like me some BTO as well as the next guy......
But your claim is hilarious.
Thanks for the giggle.
Love,
Slave
Posted By: SamOlson Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/11/15
Are you a psychiatrist?

This is a mental health thread, try to stay on topic.....
I got my shingle out...........

and COCK.

Nope, I'm neither ColeYounger, nor Simonkenton, nor SBH, nor EthanEdwards, and neither, too, am I gay. I'm quite straight, thank you, though I know you're perversion wishes I weren't so your fantasies would be more accurate. Simon's a trucker out of NC; I am not. ColeYounger is in the midwest somewhere; I am not. EE is also out there, so that goes the same. I haven't a clue where SBH might be, and couldn't care, but I'm not him either.

Your fixation on sexual proclivities is no surprise, though, as trailer parks in TN are known for their aberrant sexual deviants, and you're simply one of the minor little annoyances that come from such cesspools.

Carry on, though, as the more you throw a fit, the more it's apparent that you bring nothing of value to the table and you let other dictate your life (i.e., you letting me and others who really don't give a schit about you and never will stay on your mind and in your thoughts 24/7).
I do, however, work very closely with individual clients that have severe mental health diagnoses. I am very familiar with their "pathology" as my office is inside the same building where they live. I have many other clients that I check on within the community and in their own homes.

Treatment planning involves understanding a client's diagnosis, identifying their strengths and weaknesses, and helping them to establish short term and long term goals. ....

Wow.
Several hours of training!
Posted By: ringworm Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/11/15
In 1987 AC√DC played the , then brand new, Crown coliseum in Charlotte, NC.
I was the first person to get tickets. Orchastera section , center, row 2 seats 1-5.
My Fkin ears rang for 5 days and I smelled like burnt gun powder for a week.
I have been to a bunch of awesome concerts but never a show like that, EVER.
I still have a drum stick that I caught.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ecps_ac-dc-for-those-about-to-rock_music
"Cole Younger" is a defunct handle of mine that I used for awhile and then switched back to my previous handle of EthanEdwards for reasons of my own. It was explained thoroughly and was totally on the up-and-up, involving no sock puppetry. It was all done with Rick's permission and did not involve multiple accounts. Here is the link to the thread.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/6401590/1

I don't trace IP's anymore because I feel like it's a waste of time. I don't have evidence of it, but I strongly suspect Scumlord of running multiple handles/accounts here, as do quite a few other folks. He thinks it's cute to accuse me of the same thing. I do not now nor have I ever ran multiple accounts here. Like many who seek to deceive, it's my opinion that Scumlord likes to distract from his own shenanigans by creating extrinsic drama, such as accusing others of that which he is guilty of. Just my opinion. I'm not interested in tracking somebody nor invading their privacy, but it's interesting that all his handles will show up at the same time if things get dicey for him.

"Cole Younger" and "Ethan Edwards" have never been used by me at the same time. I was EE and switched to Cole Younger and then switched back to EthanEdwards. As far as I'm aware, there are no posts with the Cole Younger handle on them as Rick has switched them all to Ethan Edwards...unless I'm mistaken.

Originally Posted by ringworm
In 1987 AC√DC played the , then brand new, Crown coliseum in Charlotte, NC.
I was the first person to get tickets. Orchastera section , center, row 2 seats 1-5.
My Fkin ears rang for 5 days and I smelled like burnt gun powder for a week.
I have been to a bunch of awesome concerts but never a show like that, EVER.
I still have a drum stick that I caught.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ecps_ac-dc-for-those-about-to-rock_music
That's pretty cool.
"Cole Younger" is a defunct handle of mine that I used for awhile and then switched back to my previous handle of EthanEdwards for reasons of my own. It was explained thoroughly and was totally on the up-and-up, involving no sock puppetry. It was all done with Rick's permission and did not involve multiple accounts. Here is the link to the thread.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/6401590/1

I don't trace IP's anymore because I feel like it's a waste of time. I don't have evidence of it, but I strongly suspect Scumlord of running multiple handles/accounts here, as do quite a few other folks. He thinks it's cute to accuse me of the same thing. I do not now nor have I ever ran multiple accounts here. Like many who seek to deceive, it's my opinion that Scumlord likes to distract from his own shenanigans by creating extrinsic drama, such as accusing others of that which he is guilty of. Just my opinion. I'm not interested in tracking somebody nor invading their privacy, but it's interesting that all his handles will show up at the same time if things get dicey for him.

"Cole Younger" and "Ethan Edwards" have never been used by me at the same time. I was EE and switched to Cole Younger and then switched back to EthanEdwards. As far as I'm aware, there are no posts with the Cole Younger handle on them as Rick has switched them all to Ethan Edwards...unless I'm mistaken.

sounds like a case of plausible deniability
laugh laugh laugh

sent from my frequency hopping random ip assignment server in the ft bragg boris badanoff 24 hr campfire jedi mind f ukk underground computer complex.....

tell us about your expeditionary medal again....................... you fuggin remf for life.
oh ya
mr genius ip tracker

if you was on your game
you would have seen that my username has posted from all the country and also from European areas numerous times

would have given you complete address,s to company paid motels,hotels and satellite uplinks from a friggin semi submersible oil rig 93 fuggin miles off the coast of Romania on the black sea

you are such a friggin moron
and aint all that their
mr bill Nye wanna be computer science guy

have a nice day
a$$clown...............................
Posted By: tzone Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/11/15

Well I hope they're smoking ribs then.
ethan Edwards snippet:

but it's interesting that all his handles will show up at the same time if things get dicey for him.

well I am up on fort Campbell Kentucky right now and gonna get gas

im sure slumlord is out trying to find manhole covers with his gps equipment somewhere in town

pretty sure Seminole39 is trying to screw someone on a insurance claim out in west tn as usual

fat daddy is probably working again as a nuke qualified electrician we aint heard from him for awhile

reaford turned snitch on us we all think and now kisses up to miss lynn it seems like

boococky is trying to learn auto bodywork out in memfrica and become legit at it I think

fieldhand is doing his Milton drysdale banker gig and said fugg this site and begged his way back onto another site after he cleaned up his chin we think

you guys all rally your peezos when the shyt hits the fan
and we have done the same since day 1 also

a$$clown....................................................
I do, however, work very closely with individual clients that have severe mental health diagnoses. I am very familiar with their "pathology" as my office is inside the same building where they live. I have many other clients that I check on within the community and in their own homes.

Treatment planning involves understanding a client's diagnosis, identifying their strengths and weaknesses, and helping them to establish short term and long term goals. ....

Wow.

Captain Cut n'Paste, is that you????

Wow.

It's a quote, Sherri, and those are your own words. There's no cut and paste there; only your words. Do you have a problem with what you wrote, or that someone actually paid attention to it?

Wow.

It's a quote, Sherri, and those are your own words. There's no cut and paste there; only your words. Do you have a problem with what you wrote, or that someone actually paid attention to it?

What I wrote was in response to Ethan's questions regarding my position and what I do. It appears you are the one who had a problem with it. I can say it backwards, "wow" ...and I do appreciate sarcasm.
Sherri, Sherry.. this is getting interesting.
Posted By: Raeford Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/11/15
Damn, I read the first page of this thread and the last page only. Suppose I need to see what's in between. crazy
Posted By: RWE Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/11/15
Originally Posted by Raeford
Damn, I read the first page of this thread and the last page only. Suppose I need to see what's in between. crazy

Scotch & cornnuts.

beer and popcorn won't do it.
Posted By: Raeford Re: AC/DC Grammy preformance - 02/11/15
Wholly Fuuuuudge, I've seen them seven times.
BRB after I get my azz to church.
I suggest asbestos pants.....

Just sayin.
© 24hourcampfire