Home
Posted By: 5sdad Applebee's - 04/15/15
The commercials tell me that Applebee's is remaking itself into a bar and grill. Only recently, their come-on was half-price, late-night apps. (What they are doing in the communication business is beyond me.) Is it safe to assume that their "Pub Diet" menu was as complete and total disaster as anyone with a lick of sense could immediately see that it was going to be? I see a company grasping at straws as it goes down the tubes.
Posted By: Partsman Re: Applebee's - 04/15/15
We had a local one but the owner of the place changed it to Chads, so I gather there was some falling out with how applebees was doing things.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
Applebees is at the bottom of the barrel.
Posted By: Miss_Lynn Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

Perfect description.... sick
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
I've never been overly impressed. We've got quite a few of them here in the Twin Cities. They seem to do ok. The staff is friendly, and well trained for the most part. Just not overly crazy about their menu, I guess. The Warden and I don't drink, so the bar scene is of no interest to us.
Posted By: TruTalker Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15

Yep....They are all but gone around these parts....
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
I'd rather have a spam sandwich and a warm miller high life than anything at an Applebees.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
Crapplebee's is how it's referred to here
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
I've always liked it as a family place, but it seems that they are abandoning that market.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
Haven't been to one in years and don't plan to anytime in the future.
Posted By: AJ300MAG Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
Geeze...

Decent burgers, babyback ribs, bourbon street steaks with mushrooms & onions and garlic mashed potatoes. What's not to like? Have never gotten a bad meal there, guess some people prefer Mickey D's.
Posted By: deflave Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
That's where peasants eat.

Travis
Posted By: ingwe Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
Elitist.
Posted By: tzone Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
I don't mind it. It's better than the McDonald's crap. They have good burgers. The steaks stink but the if you want a burger or a hot sandwich it's fine. There are tons of them around here and they're always busy. The bar prices are pretty damn high though.
Originally Posted by deflave
That's where peasants eat.

Travis

Let them eat cake, as in triple chocolate melt down? grin
Posted By: ringworm Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
Applebee's has rats. I found a whole rat in my Cobb salad!
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
I'd rather have a spam sandwich and a warm miller high life than anything at an Applebees.

Get rid of the Spam and that's a damn good meal right there.

BTW I like Applebees. grin
Originally Posted by ringworm

I hope they charged you for the extra meat...
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
If you like overpaying for a horrible meal have at it. There is not a chain restaurant worth a [bleep].
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
Their quality tanked and prices are up at the local ones in my area.

They are also pushing ordering and paying on those little machines cluttering up the tables. Scratch some jobs...

I found a locals-owned alternative that eclipses any of the chains. The only problem there is they're always packed.
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15

...and Outback has stewed koalas, or so it smells and tastes in there....

Actually, though once every 5 years would be an exaggeration, I'd have to say that Applebees has improved recently. laugh
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
If you like overpaying for a horrible meal have at it. There is not a chain restaurant worth a [bleep].

Excellent food and service at 54th Street...always
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
Applebee's is a good place to unwind after a hard day of shaking guys out of their shirts, down at walmart.

Seafire
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
The food was chit last time I was in one, maybe 10 years ago. At least it was cheap.

If the food has gotten worse, can't imagine paying to eat there.
Outback and Red Lobster are complete chit as well. I didn't remember them sucking so much as a kid.

Oh well.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
Applebees went belly up here.

Texas Roadhouse has a line out the door almost every night however.

Posted By: wageslave Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Applebee's is a good place to unwind after a hard day of shaking guys out of their shirts, down at walmart.

Seafire

I may have just peed in my shorts a little.
Thanks.
This one was awesome too...
or maybe UBER awesome.

P.S. Seafire sells all his product at a loss........
Then beats the schite outta the competition's salesforce.
Once.
Those Company Execs are next.

Originally Posted by Seafire
I have to ship stuff for my business, back and forth...

using UPS and the Postal Service...

I pass those costs on to my customer, but shipping rates have gone thru the roof in the shipping biz, especially for things weighing less than a pound...

some one adds in handling charges, it doesn't take much extra for that to add up to more...

Those extra costs can add up quickly in today's market..

I just shipped a pair of items in for repair for a customer... its going UPS ground to Missouri...insured for $400... package weight was 1 lb....MY Cost was $19 shipped at the local UPS Station Hub... NOT one of those "UPS Stores"....

If I would have used one of those, the price would have been doubled what the HUB charges me...

I think these prices come as a shock to those of us that are used to shipping being a bargain... it isn't a bargain any more at all, unless the shipper is keeping it that way to entice business and is absorbing the costs...

Just placed an order for Graf and Sons, and their marketing program, it was "free" for shipping ( not really as their prices are higher than elsewhere, ya have to compare them and get your 'on the doorstep' overall ) processing was $7.95 on line...

The shipping companies were blaming it on fuel costs... but now they have dropped, they can't let go of the profit margins.. those execs get use to that cash, to award themselves those big bonuses...public getting screwed be damned...

its the nature of the level of greed in our society anymore...
Posted By: Timberlake Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
I have a close relative managing a Buffalo Wild Wings in Sioux City, Iowa. Very good food and very family friendly. I go there every time I'm in SC. The place is always serving to full tables. Got Applebee's beat big time.
Posted By: Paul39 Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
Can't say I've ever had a bad meal or experience at Applebee's, but there's a small regional chain of sports bars that has them beat. Went there last night with friends.

I had never had a bad experience with Outback in different places until we tried the one here. Food had gone downhill, but the straw that broke the camel's back was their policy of checking the ID of even senior citizens in order to have a drink with your meal. I complained, and got an apology and excuse, and some comp coupons, but no change in the policy, so fuggem. The Texas Roadhouse down the same road has them beat by a mile, so we go there.

Paul
To me as a customer and looking from the outside, the restaurant business is strange. It is obviously a tough business, highly competitive, but the management of some of them seem to have a death wise, business-wise.

Their own worst enemy, it appears.

They open and close right and left around here.

Paul
Posted By: Wtxj Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
Originally Posted by eh76
Haven't been to one in years and don't plan to anytime in the future.

+1
Posted By: Folically_Challenged Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
My last Applebee's visit found us waiting at our table for over 45 minutes after placing our order. The li'l server guy kept brining water, but when we explained that our table of 6 had 16 water glasses, but not the first plate of food, he still didn't get it.

A conversation with the manager managed to get some food brought out in another 15 minutes. One son's entree was < lukewarm, so we had another chat with the manager. Not long after, a piping hot replacement arrived: with a footlong brunette hair in it.

We've not been back. Nor will we.

('Twas in Winchester, KY, for anyone interested)

FC
Posted By: Wtxj Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide

Get rid of the Spam and that's a damn good meal right there.

BTW I like Applebees. grin

Your buddy says your a peasant.

Pappadeaux's?

Morton's?

Ruth's Chris?

Travis
Originally Posted by Wtxj
Your buddy says your a peasant.

He is a fuggin' peasant.

Travis
Originally Posted by Timberlake
I have a close relative managing a Buffalo Wild Wings in Sioux City, Iowa. Very good food and very family friendly. I go there every time I'm in SC. The place is always serving to full tables. Got Applebee's beat big time.

I ate at one of those once. I assumed it was some sort of high-end soup kitchen so I didn't complain.

Or pay.

Travis
Posted By: gunswizard Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
Food quality at Appleby's in my area is crapola, I don't eat there if I can avoid it.
Posted By: Partsman Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
It used to be nice here, especially the ribs, but went downhill, guess that is why it changed to chads.
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
Been to Applebee's once, it was enough. Steak was tough and overpriced, and the sides sucked, too. No need to go back, ever. Feel the same about most of those chain restaurants, though.

I love Applebees.
When the wimmins are buying me dinner they think they are getting off cheap when I opt for the 2 for $20 menu.
After a bunch of drinks they are too ripped to notice that $8 per shot price of a good time......and they are easy pickins.
Win/Win.
Originally Posted by wageslave

I love Applebees.
When the wimmins are buying me dinner they think they are getting off cheap when I opt for the 2 for $20 menu.
After a bunch of drinks they are too ripped to notice that $8 per shot price of a good time......and they are easy pickins.
Win/Win.

Wife and I do the 2 for 24. She better let me pick the appetizer ifin she thinks I'm gonna put out.
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
F-applechit's 3 of us got tossed out after a couple hours of drinking beer ..a shift change came, they said we had not ordered food and our bill shows us as having a lot of pitchers.... blal blah wolf wolf...( we came an left in a cab!! ) they cut us off ....f them I can cook better grub> on the single burner coffee pot surface OR with the hair dryer back at the hotel room !!!!!

Pappadeaux's?

Morton's?

Ruth's Chris?

Travis

Exactly. you made my point
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Outback and Red Lobster are complete chit as well. I didn't remember them sucking so much as a kid.

Oh well.

they backup to each other and share kitchens. You have to be a stooge to frequent either one.

Where do you go for a good steak?

Travis

Where do you go for a good steak?

Travis

Weber Grill in my backyard or when in NY a quality steakhouse.
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG

Wife and I do the 2 for 24. She better let me pick the appetizer ifin she thinks I'm gonna put out.

I just drink, nibble on the spinich dip, then get the to go box.
My Lab loves a 7 oz. sirloin.
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
my house

That's some funny schit.

Travis
Originally Posted by atvalaska
my house

I can maybe believe that.

Travis
Posted By: efw Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
I don't call it Crapplebees for nuttin.
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG

I just drink, nibble on the spinich dip, then get the to go box.
My Lab loves a 7 oz. sirloin.

grin

My shorthair can smell the bourbon steak from a mile away. I'll bring home a couple small chunks of steak for her, little b!tch nips at my hands trying to find it.
Posted By: Paradiddle Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
Are we about to get it on at the Applebees?

That's some funny schit.

Travis

Whatever dude..half my family at one point was in the restaurant business , I know what a good steak is .
Posted By: seal_billy Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
Applebees sucks but ruby tuesdays is worse. I hate eating in those places where its so flippin dark you can't see your plate. WTH are they trying to hide, cock roaches or rat turds?

Whatever dude..half my family at one point was in the restaurant business , I know what a good steak is .

I'm thinking you've never eaten at a Morton's.

Travis
I've never eaten at a Morton's. Good?

Can say I've never left a Ruths Chris thinking I just ate a great steak. It's always pretty good, but a bit of a let down.
Yeah, a lot of people don't care for the way they prepare their cow. Me included. But I can't say it's a bad steak house either.

I've met people that will argue they've had better steak than Morton's, but I've never met anybody that claims Morton's isn't a great steakhouse.

Even since becoming a chain the original in Chicago is one of the best steaks in the city. And those ass holes take food pretty seriously.

Travis
And if you go to one...

Bone-in-ribeye. You'll be jerkin' off under the table it's so good.

Travis

I'm thinking you've never eaten at a Morton's.

Travis
link to places

Eaten at some of these , great steak sort of reasonably priced. Have you eaten at any of these since I have not eaten at Mortons?
McCormick and Schittz isn't a bad chain either.

Travis
Posted By: KFWA Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
bone in rib-eye's with that long rib bone is pretty damn good - if you're at the right place

Eaten at some of these , great steak sort of reasonably priced. Have you eaten at any of these since I have not eaten at Mortons?

I've never been to New York.

And if you say Morton's doesn't throw down a mean steak, you've either never eaten there, or you're full of schit.

So which one is it?

Travis
I've had better meals riding the turret of a Humvee.

I had a steak at this place in Chicago and it was one of the best ever.
P.S. I was fairly lit, but it was good.....for McDonald's.

The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus
2815 Jorie Blvd
Oak Brook, IL 60523
Few things are better for a hangover than a 12 pack of Budweiser and a Steak Egg and Cheese Bagel from McNegro.

Not all locations have them. So when you find them, buy two.

Clark

I'll check them out again on that steak when I go back for my masters in fries.
Few things are better for a hangover than a 12 pack of Budweiser and a Steak Egg and Cheese Bagel from McNegro.

Clark

Better than a waffle house sausage an Cheese omlete?
Originally Posted by seal_billy
Applebees sucks but ruby tuesdays is worse.

Amen to that one ! Ruby Tuesdays serves some putrid crap, and charges damn high prices to boot. I hate it, but friends in Alabama love it, so I put up with it on occasion, by having the salad bar special. But even the salad bar has become crap.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15

Pappadeaux's?

Morton's?

Ruth's Chris?

Travis

Ohhh. I can get me some serious grub on at Pappadeaux's!

Clark

I'll stick with eating a small can of frozen fruit cocktail or peaches, which I used to keep in the freezer for just such a purpose. These days I keep a can or two around and put it in at night when my nephew is going out with his buddies, when he needs HEEELLLLPPPPP the next day, I am his best friend grin
I love the foodie prima donnas. I had some ham the other day that was damned good. It had been cooked in the crock pot in a glaze originally and the leftovers put in the fridge. I'd pulled out of the fridge and heated up in a cast iron frying pan to go with some home made noodles for supper the other night. Went to bed and forgot about putting the leftovers away. Of course the pan stayed hot, so it burnt the edges crispy on most of it. Ate it like candy for supper the next night.

I wonder if any of the $500 per piece of undercooked meat places offer a feast that good? Doubt it.
They drive Prius too.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
Originally Posted by KFWA
bone in rib-eye's with that long rib bone is pretty damn good - if you're at the right place

And one of those places is my house. smile
And mashed potatoes with roasted garlic, parsley, and shallots.
Just sayin'.
Leftovers are great.
In food.
Wimmins?
Not so much.
Posted By: 4ager Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15

Yep.
Posted By: 4ager Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15

Clark

Early enough, I'm taking the Hardee's sausage gravy and biscuits, and a bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit. Later, it's Taco Bell nachos and cheese, Mexican pizza, and a grilled stuffed burrito.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
Originally Posted by 4ager

Clark

Early enough, I'm taking the Hardee's sausage gravy and biscuits, and a bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit. Later, it's Taco Bell nachos and cheese, Mexican pizza, and a grilled stuffed burrito.

Hope you got a roll of t/p handy after eating all that. lol
I love the foodie prima donnas. I had some ham the other day that was damned good. It had been cooked in the crock pot in a glaze originally and the leftovers put in the fridge. I'd pulled out of the fridge and heated up in a cast iron frying pan to go with some home made noodles for supper the other night. Went to bed and forgot about putting the leftovers away. Of course the pan stayed hot, so it burnt the edges crispy on most of it. Ate it like candy for supper the next night.

I wonder if any of the $500 per piece of undercooked meat places offer a feast that good? Doubt it.

You should get a job at Applebee's. You could be the head chef!

Clark

Waffle House and a warm Miller High Life. Set ya right every time.
Posted By: rem141r Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
i used to travel a lot and work long hours into the evening and it seemed like the only place i could find open half the time was applebees. i grew to hate it. that and tgi fridays and olive garden. friggen swill for the masses.

Lots of black folk would agree with you.

Clark

Better than a waffle house sausage an Cheese omlete?

They're pretty awesome.

Travis
Leftovers are great.
In food.
Wimmins?
Not so much.

Too fuggin' funny....

Travis

Clark

Nothing trumps the Steak Egg and Cheese Bagel from McNegro.

When you're talkin' schitty fast food eats, it is the king. The absolute king.

Travis
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
This is where I'll dine tomorrow 21oz bone in cowboy ribeye

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Clark

What kinda mileage you gettin'?

I've never been to New York.

And if you say Morton's doesn't throw down a mean steak, you've either never eaten there, or you're full of schit.

So which one is it?

Travis

I think I told you I have not eaten there and you have not eaten at any of the places in NY. one place has 77 franchises the others are not franchises. Guess where I would rather eat and probably cheaper? your other commentary is not needed grow the [bleep] up.
Originally Posted by rem141r
i used to travel a lot and work long hours into the evening and it seemed like the only place i could find open half the time was applebees. i grew to hate it. that and tgi fridays and olive garden. friggen swill for the masses.

It's where the Obama lovers stop for a "good meal."

Travis
They drive Prius too.

I would not put it past any of these franchises to charge even more then they do now. Ruth Chris last year dinner for 3 was 250. Total Outrage , we can do better on the Webber outside but we don't cook at those super hot temps that Ruth Chris does LOL.

People that drive a Prius are more likely vegetarians.

Pappadeaux's?

Morton's?

Ruth's Chris?

Travis

It's still funny. Even the second time.

Still Growing,

Clark

Clark

I'll defer to your expertise in that area. I've none.
They drive Prius too.

Would the plural be Prii?
Posted By: bucktail Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
They're OK. Most of the time there are better choices.
They drive Prius too.

Would the plural be Prii...cks?

Nailed it.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
Applebees sucks but ruby tuesdays is worse. I hate eating in those places where its so flippin dark you can't see your plate. WTH are they trying to hide, cock roaches or rat turds?

Yep. Both really suck.

The only "grill & bar" type restaurant I eat at is Chili's. And the only thing I eat at Chili's is their deep fried chicken crispers. If you've never tried them, I'll Warn you that they are addicting.

My favorite "chain" resteurant is Pappadeauxs. Their Crawfish and catfish are to die for!
Posted By: tjm10025 Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15

Ruth's Chris?

Chris needs to move out of his mom's basement.

It's not that great.
The only time I ate at a Ruth's Chris was at the one in Georgetown, while I was on a business trip to DC. There was no soap in the men's room, and even after I called it to their attention, nothing was done. Sort of grossed me out, and made the dining experience less appealing.

I don't have extensive experience dining at high end restaurants, but it's been my impression that a common characteristic is pretension, a lot of hype but the food, service, etc., don't justify the high prices. Not always, of course, but few seem to give fair value for what they charge.

Paul
Posted By: JGray Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15

Not sure why this pic comes to mind while reading this whistle :

[Linked Image] [/quote]
Originally Posted by Paul39
The only time I ate at a Ruth's Chris was at the one in Georgetown, while I was on a business trip to DC. There was no soap in the men's room, and even after I called it to their attention, nothing was done. Sort of grossed me out, and made the dining experience less appealing.

I don't have extensive experience dining at high end restaurants, but it's been my impression that a common characteristic is pretension, a lot of hype but the food, service, etc., don't justify the high prices. Not always, of course, but few seem to give fair value for what they charge.

Paul

Agree completely

Clark

They're just like you.

Only their dicks are bigger.

And they're not as lazy.

Clark
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
I'll admit that I find almost all food tastes good. You guys seem awfully picky to me. Kinda like kids that never grew up.
Enjoy your mac and cheese.

Travis
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
I love the foodie prima donnas.

Me too my niigga!

I think the last time I went into a place and sat down to eat was 3-4 years ago. 2-3 times in the last 5 years.

Of course I hit the McD's drive through a once or twice a month.

And wings and mozzarella sticks from the hot case at the little casino beer joint off the highway.

And a pizza from Town Pump 2-3 times a year.

Applebee's is way too fancy....
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Me too my niigga!

I think the last time I went into a place and sat down to eat was 3-4 years ago. 2-3 times in the last 5 years.

And wings and mozzarella sticks from the hot case at the little casino beer joint off the highway.

Dude, you were born and raised in a place that considers "Indian tacos" a delicacy.

Of course you consider Applebees fancy!

Travis
I used to love a nice, fresh Indian taco.

Used to go to Applebee's in Bozeman, thought the food was fine.

Not that kinda taco you sick fugg.

Travis
Posted By: laker Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
I actually like eating applebees but its kinda a one or two times a year thing for me. Only have one restaurant here besides the bars and to drive anywhere to eat at one is over an hour away so it doesn't happen often. Then again I like just about any food.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
I'm pretty sure Applebee's stays in business by being walking distance of somewhere else that people HAVE to go.

Travis

A young slim Indian Taco can be wonderful.
When they fatten out they are purty greasy.

Just one guys opinion......
Posted By: laker Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15

Travis

As long as they don't have sour cream on them. Then you gotta stay away cause that schit wont wash off in the shower.
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15

Pappadeaux's?

Morton's?

Ruth's Chris?

Travis

I'g give my left nut for a pollo loco within 200 miles..
Posted By: sse Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
what a bunch of food snobs

not to mention the vulgar innuendo and suggestiveness from deflower

i'm on the verge of starting a good-by thread over this

just had it
Posted By: sse Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
(applebee's does serve veterans for free on vet's day)
It was nice knowing you.
Posted By: Calvin Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15
I can't remember eating at Applebees. Eating at Chili's in Fairbanks a few years ago after a moose hunt was pretty good.

Clark

They're just like you.

Only their dicks are bigger.

And they're not as lazy.

Clark

Again, I'll defer to your experience when it comes to black cock.
Haha, you just burned Flave.

(hard.....)
Originally Posted by JGray

Not sure why this pic comes to mind while reading this whistle :

I make a mean grilled cheese.

Me too my niigga!

Was asked to leave one not too long ago. Love their ribs.

Town Pump pizza rocks!

Travis

When they fatten out they are purty greasy.

Just one guys opinion......

Haven't seen any around these parts I'd chow on no matter how many blankets you piled on in strategic places.
I have known two from back in the day.

They are both still hot.
Posted By: Tarkio Re: Applebee's - 04/16/15

Travis

Glad to see I'm not the only one that read Sam's response THAT way.
Originally Posted by sse
what a bunch of food snobs

not to mention the vulgar innuendo and suggestiveness from deflower

i'm on the verge of starting a good-by thread over this

just had it

I too am sickened by this.

Stay strong.
Posted By: sse Re: Applebee's - 04/17/15
thank you for your support
Posted By: Yhgtbfkm Re: Applebee's - 04/17/15

Was asked to leave one not too long ago. Love their ribs.

I was asked to leave one, 1994, Battle Creek Michigan.

All you can eat rib night.

bar wench didn't like being tipped in her cleavage.

haven't been to one since.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Applebee's - 04/17/15
Met a 'traveling through' bud there for a beer once, was not impressed with the grub or the customer base, it was filled with male middle aged sports fans with 52" waists, ball caps worn on every degree in the 360, loud bellowing bastids dying on cheap appetizer baskets and ranch dip. sick
Posted By: Redneck Re: Applebee's - 04/17/15
Originally Posted by gophergunner
I've never been overly impressed. We've got quite a few of them here in the Twin Cities.
Got one right across the border at Hudson also.. And, like you, I've never been impressed.. I just won't go there any more..
Posted By: deflave Re: Applebee's - 04/17/15

Haven't seen any around these parts I'd chow on no matter how many blankets you piled on in strategic places.

That's your second lie in one thread.

Travis

Clark

Here's the first.

Dave
Haha, you just burned Flave.

(hard.....)

I probably deserved it.

Because that lazy comment is gonna leave him pissed off for a week... grin

Travis
Posted By: rem141r Re: Applebee's - 04/17/15
the only problem i have with these types of joints is that a lot of the grub comes frozen in boxes from some plant somewhere and then is fried/grilled/baked and slathered with sauces and gravies to make it look homemade. ya, it'll fill a hole but it is really just fast food on a plate. having worked in food service at one point in my life, i can tell real food from processed. i'm not a food snob but when i go out to eat i like to get something better than i can do at home. thats why i usually only go mexican, chinese or good italian. i can make almost anything but those. and for bbq, forget about it. my weber grub is 10x better than most places. you can always tell when its not fresh cause its covered in strong bbq sauce and the meat is kind of gray. when i used to travel down south a lot, i would make it a point to hit as many bbq joints as i could to get an idea of what good bbq was supposed to be. i was usually disappointed. one place that comes to mind that never disappointed was the old Louisiana Hayride outside of Shreveport. they had a night club on one side and a fancy bbq joint on the other. hands down the best q i ever ate.
our bill shows us as having a lot of pitchers.... blal blah wolf wolf...( we came an left in a cab!! ) they cut us off

if they did this they can't be all bad...they know trouble when they see it
Posted By: ingwe Re: Applebee's - 04/17/15
sse: if you are still sickened by all this you could fake your own death by putting an imaginary 16 yr.old neighbor at the keyboard, or claim your wife got your password and is posting for you.

There is always hope.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Applebee's - 04/17/15
that what I heard about Red Lobster and Olive Garden (and is one of the reasons they are going belly up) is they don't cook anything fresh - everything arrives vacuumed packed and they just essentially heat it up and serve it.
There is always hope.

yes, to a point
that what I heard about Red Lobster and Olive Garden (and is one of the reasons they are going belly up) is they don't cook anything fresh - everything arrives vacuumed packed and they just essentially heat it up and serve it.

You think?

Travis
Originally Posted by sse
There is always hope.

yes, to a point

I miss you already.

Dave
be careful...i might be serious
You wouldn't dare.

Dave
au contraire...fighting thru the tears, if necessary
Posted By: KFWA Re: Applebee's - 04/17/15

You think?

Travis

well that may be obvious to some but I would think most people go in thinking the food is cooked to some degree onsite

well that may be obvious to some but I would think most people go in thinking the food is cooked to some degree onsite

Yeah.

They're called peasants.

Dave
Originally Posted by sse
au contraire...fighting thru the tears, if necessary

Don't quit on me.

Don't quit on US!

(WTF?)

Clarke
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Applebee's - 04/17/15
only time i've been in applebees they paid me about $1600
Originally Posted by stxhunter
only time i've been applebees they paid me about $1600

Bachelorette party?

Dave
Or bachelor....
installed carpet on a remodel.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Applebee's - 04/17/15
Sound like bachelorette.
had to use my power stretcher.
Posted By: bucktail Re: Applebee's - 04/17/15

I think that's called a merkin...
had to use my power stretcher.

Knees weren't cuttin' it?

Travis
Posted By: seal_billy Re: Applebee's - 04/17/15

Clark

Nothing trumps the Steak Egg and Cheese Bagel from McNegro.

When you're talkin' schitty fast food eats, it is the king. The absolute king.

Travis

Agreed! Most of their food sux but that bagel is damn good. I tell them to hold the egg,,,can't do fast food eggs, McGag.
Posted By: silver78 Re: Applebee's - 04/17/15

Obama was in your salad?
Posted By: milespatton Re: Applebee's - 04/17/15
Whatever dude..half my family at one point was in the restaurant business butcher business, I know what a good steak is .

Fixed it for you. grin miles
Posted By: rem141r Re: Applebee's - 04/17/15

and they most likely cut the old carpet into 6" rectangles, breaded and fried it and covered it with prego and called it veal parm.

I tell them to hold the egg,,,can't do fast food eggs, McGag.

Don't be a McPussy!

Travis
I'd rather eat a McPussy!
Off the dollar menu
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Applebee's - 04/17/15

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dale K Re: Applebee's - 04/17/15

You might want to rethink that. I'm pretty sure BWW is anti-gun. IIRC, the only folks allowed to carry inside are on duty law enforcement.

Fugg 'em

Dale
Posted By: wildbill59 Re: Applebee's - 04/18/15
Originally Posted by Dale K

You might want to rethink that. I'm pretty sure BWW is anti-gun. IIRC, the only folks allowed to carry inside are on duty law enforcement.

Fugg 'em

Dale

Doesn't stop guys here from slobbering over Costco.
Posted By: kamo_gari Re: Applebee's - 04/18/15
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

[Linked Image]

Uh, dude, assuming that beautiful slab of bone-in prime rib's plate date/accompaniment was some kind of lovingly and expertly prepared stuffed lobster, next time, maybe consider snapping a pic *before* you demolish half of your meal! wink smile
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Applebee's - 04/18/15
That was my honey's lobster,she said"get this head and eyes off my plate"
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Applebee's - 04/18/15
McDonald's for the coffee, and my dog likes their dollar menu. Whataburger makes a better burger. Subway is the only fast food I eat regular if I got a choice much .

Other than those we got a kazillion cheap but really good Tex Mex places.

If we are going to spend Applebee's rates we got excellent Thai, Korean, Greek, Indian and Chinese places.

Like Pat said, Applebees (and a bunch of other chains) survive by being where you need to be for something else.

Birdwatcher

Posted By: deflave Re: Applebee's - 04/18/15
I'd rather eat a McPussy!

Hold the cheese...

Travis
Posted By: deflave Re: Applebee's - 04/18/15
George,

Your meat looks delicious.

Clark
Posted By: seal_billy Re: Applebee's - 04/18/15