Home
Posted By: Rangemasterx Custom 257 Roberts - 07/06/15
OK guys I'm not one to brag but I am so proud of this rifle. My grandfather did the wood work and a 75 Year old gun smith did the work. Told me it was to be the last blued rifle he was to do So here it is. I don't have a picture of the group I give it to the gunsmith as a thank you but it measured 5 shots .320 with 110 grain accubonds. Only thing I don't like about the gun is that it doesn't like to be loaded hot at all. But with barrel length I ran it across the chrono and it was a solid 2700. (old chrono so I can't say how accurate)

Remington 700 Long Action (So I can set my bullets out)
Exhibition Grade Claro Walnut with Ebony Caps
High Gloss Blue Job
Douglass Air Gauged Barrel at 26 1/2"
Redfield Engraved Rings
Leupold VX-III 6.5-20
Kepplinger Set Trigger 1.5lbs unset 8oz Set
Williams Bottom Metal
Presentation Basket Weave Recoil Pad
Speed Lock and Firing Pin

257 Roberts Custom Build

Posted By: Savage_99 Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/06/15
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Rangemasterx Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/06/15
Thanks Savage I couldn't figure out how to get the pics up there
Posted By: pseshooter300 Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/06/15
Looks real good
Posted By: mathman Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/06/15
Originally Posted by Rangemasterx
OK guys I'm not one to brag but I am so proud of this rifle. My grandfather did the wood work and a 75 Year old gun smith did the work. Told me it was to be the last blued rifle he was to do So here it is. I don't have a picture of the group I give it to the gunsmith as a thank you but it measured 5 shots .320 with 110 grain accubonds. Only thing I don't like about the gun is that it doesn't like to be loaded hot at all. But with barrel length I ran it across the chrono and it was a solid 2700. (old chrono so I can't say how accurate)

Remington 700 Long Action (So I can set my bullets out)
Exhibition Grade Claro Walnut with Ebony Caps
High Gloss Blue Job
Douglass Air Gauged Barrel at 26 1/2"
Redfield Engraved Rings
Leupold VX-III 6.5-20
Kepplinger Set Trigger 1.5lbs unset 8oz Set
Williams Bottom Metal
Presentation Basket Weave Recoil Pad
Speed Lock and Firing Pin

257 Roberts Custom Build

Those things shouldn't go together that way. What was the load?
Posted By: RDFinn Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/06/15
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 7mmMato Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/06/15
Nice
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/07/15
Very nice.
Posted By: Rangemasterx Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/07/15
39.5 grains of IMR 4350 with 110gr accubond with a .015 jump.

Like you said typically that combo wouldnt work but hey I shouldnt complain next time I am at my gunsmiths I will take pics of the group
Posted By: mathman Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/07/15
I should have been more explicit. What I meant was that the rifle specs and quoted performance didn't seem to match. The rifle ought to be capable of much more.

Hodgdon's start load with a 115 Partition is 2.4 grains higher than what you list. The top load is 45.5 grains and that's at only 46,600 cup.

You say it doesn't like to be loaded hot, but how far up did you go? I'm thinking if it showed signs of going out of tune as you increased the charge you may still have enough headroom to increase the charge and bring it back in at a higher velocity.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/07/15
BEST fhuqking joke ever!

Pretending to be giddy about a 375H&H length receiver housing a Bob,wearing a "special" throat,26.5" spout,blued Goat Fhuqk metal,polished firewood living handle,dog schit base/rings,1" 20X glass less means of POA/POI correlation arrangement and it'll squirt a POS 110 AccuBomb at an AMAZING 2700fps?!?

My 20" Montucky 6BR is crying,it's laughing soooooooo fhuqking hard.

Whatcha' gonna do for an encore?!?

Holy fhuqking schit WOW +P++!....................

(Addendum: for THE oblivious)

'rx,

The ONLY reason it's funny,is because you "think" you have something...and the last thing I'd wish to do is diminish those sweet "satisfactions".

Bless your heart.

P.S and by the way,I just may have suffered Bob's and Better Bob's myself,but nothing THAT fhuqked up!...............

Oh my...SuperKchunt arrived the scene,as a "savior". Laughing!

It don't get ANY fhuqking funnier than a Drooling Dumbfhuqk,counseling another Drooling Dumbfhuqk,that their innate though oblivious Dumbfhuqkery,is a well thought out "plan".

Bless your heart.

Now you two Dumbfhuqks can have a Competition to see who can do the least,with THE dumbest fhuqking schit and wear the highly vaunted tiara as a "prize".

I'll feign my "surprise",that you skirted all "particulars" of the Goat Fhuqk and went right to dealing Estrogen instead.

Laughing!....................
Its the lightest load in the nosler book

And Bigstick im sorry that I showed off a rifle im really proud of. I wasnt trying to brag just stating the specs!
People like you bigstick is why I dont come around the fire anymore
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/07/15

Dont let that pencil head bug you. That's what he's here for. He's kinda like a cheap christmas toy you play with for a while and then get quickly bored with and forget about. Not many really pay attention to his Grade Five chest beating rants anyways.

In reality, he's about 5'4", bald and has a lot of "shortcomings" he comes here to prove otherwise.
Posted By: bea175 Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/07/15
It was your Grandfather rifle and that is all that should matter .
Posted By: Johnny Dollar Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/07/15
Rangemaster,

Great looking rifle! I love a gun that has a family history. There is an intangible sense of pride that goes along with firearms. In this case, I think it is because you know that your grandfather put a lot of thought and hard earned dollars into it and was proud of it. The old boy who built it obviously took pride in his workmanship as well. Just knowing that makes it special.

Personally, I would load that up with some Hornady 75gr V-Max and go shoot the bejeezus out of it. Have some fun and enjoy it.
Posted By: bobnob17 Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/07/15
Nice bit of wood. I'd prefer the satin oil-rubbed finish myself.

I reckon get some more coal on the fire for that load. Get some 4350 or R17 in that case and pump it up!
Posted By: hclark Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/07/15
That is a beautiful gun, and one to be proud of!

Bigstick sounds like a goatf--ker that has been banned to the far north because they won't let him back in the lower 48!
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/07/15
And Bigstick im sorry that I showed off a rifle im really proud of. I wasnt trying to brag just stating the specs!

Next he'll beg you for pictures so he can mock all your other stuff.

Makes him feel taller/normal.
Posted By: Craigster Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/07/15
Its the lightest load in the nosler book

Nice rifle. No reason to be sorry, why apologize to an obvious ass hole ?
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/08/15
'rx,

Your hilarious contributions and amazing dumbfhuqkery will not be missed.

Whine on and away...never letting that piece of fhuqking schit see the light of day.

Bless your heart...................

SuperKchunt,

It'd be a fascinating "race",to see who's been Outdoors less and "done" less than you and poor poor fhuqking stupid 'rx has this year(or any other).

Why don't you two Do Nothing Dumbfhuqks have a Showcase Showdown and duel it out,with pics?!? Laughing!

While nothing was even close to getting done,the gallery could vote as to who came the closest to ALMOST fhuqking doing something and that'd be some serious "bragging" rights.

'Dollar,

Have never seen or let alone shot a .257" 75V-Max...can you offer some more "details" on 'em?

Thanks!................

'17,

Given the "quality" of the work apparent,I'd wager goodly that headspace is amiss and the poor gal suffered "pressure" signs. She oughtta be driving virgin false shoulders of the Seven Times Fifty Fhuqking Seven variety,but hasn't the coordination to chew her own food.

So it's destined to be a 2700fps 110 AccuBomb Fhuqk Show,because that's as far as her "abilities" will take her.

I very much concur,that it is FUNNY schit!..................

'clairk,

Don't take much to horn you amazingly fhuqking stupid Texans up,now do it?!?

Didja' order a 26.5" barreled 375H&H receivered Bob,with your newfound enthusiasm for blueprints that suck copious ass? Or were you mainly planning on setting upon your kchunt,with your mouth open catching flies and drooling a bit more?

Do tell,few facts are as fhuqking funny as Texas ones. Can you drool in Spanish?!?

Laughing!

Bless your heart.............................

'ster,

"Nice rifle"?!? I'm fhuqking crying...I'm laughing sooooooooooo fhuqking hard!!!

Groovin' on your sense of humor and the way you tossed her some bait.

She'll never even see it coming.

Laughing!...................

(Addendum: 'rx is trying to sell hummers...in order to afford a real rifle)

'rx,

Didn't mean to horn you up SugarTits...but there ain't no slighting your taste in men.

Bless your heart.................

Posted By: Rangemasterx Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/08/15
Hey big stick who pulled your string and said you could "fhuqking" talk???

And if I did want any "fhuqking" lip from you I would pull it out of my "fhuqking" zipper
Posted By: Blacktailer Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/08/15
Nice looking rifle. I'm sure you will get the load sorted out.
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/08/15
You might try a set of these. You could get from 5'4" all that ways up to 5'6". Really might make a personal difference in your small life.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: heavywalker Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/08/15
Everyone just relax, the couch offers many opportunities.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 79S Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/08/15
Not bagging on your gunsmith but I take it to another gunsmith and get that chamber checked out something is out of whack big time..
Posted By: Johnny Dollar Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/08/15
Originally Posted by Big Stick

'Dollar,

Have never seen or let alone shot a .257" 75V-Max...can you offer some more "details" on 'em?

Thanks!................

Big Stick,

Oh Jeeze! I hate to make this sound condescending, but I'm not sure that you are ready for "details" on the reloading of metallic cartridges. If I may, I'd like to offer up a little advice...
If you're not familiar with a V-Max you should probably stay away from doing anything as advanced as reloading until you have a chance to study-up a little. You might try the "ABC's of Reloading" (Amazon.com) it costs a little but education is never free, and if it keeps you from blowing your head off (eek) it is cheap at twice the price. Always follow the written directions and never try to "Hotrod" (load it hotter than recommended) a cartridge.

The Internet is your friend when it comes to reloading. Try some of the various "Shooting Forums" (do a Google search). Some of the folks on the 'web can be a little brash, but most of them are pretty nice people...don't be a "smartacre" just admit you don't know something and ask for help. People are glad to help. Some may tease you a bit but they are just having fun. grin
Good Luck! and keep us posted on your progress.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/09/15
'rx,

Any updates on your Colossal Goat Fhuqk? Manage to get that piece of fhuqking schit,hitting on even half of it's cylinders yet? Figured out headspace yet? You going to come charging out of the closet again,chasing cock across busy highways without looking? Lemme clue you in on a little "secret",everyone already knew that you putt from the rough. Laughing!

Perspective tends to be intellesting...even if all the facts sail over your pointy head and drooling maw. Hint.

The Bad Ass Browning Lever Rifle(BABLR) is both a Crowd Pleaser and a right proper Sleeper. Conjoin a .625BC with 2500fps of primary extraction padding in a 2.800" magbox,20" spout at 38.5" OAL and you've rather got things nipped tidily.

The key with a MGW OEM NIB spout,is to snug 'er up goodly with a pipe wrench,get a good grip on headspace(veddy veddy minimum in this instance,which relegates BABLR brass solely unto itself) and keep a good eye(you can't,because your's are crossed) on gear timing which factors the requisite bolt slide of .001-.015"...I managed .003" on the first pitch.

B4.

[Linked Image]

The BLR's bane.

[Linked Image]

B-after. HIGH polish bluing,with extreme care given to keep all angles/surfaces pristine. The Walnut was sanded to 1000#,with 27 coats of hand rubbed oil for weather sealing and beauty.

[Linked Image]

I didn't CerroSafe the chamber for it's Maiden Voyage and all was well,but drove false shoulders ala Lapooey dupe Rattle Battle Brass of like weight(capacity),during a gross powder Swapaloo yesterday.

Safety first. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Sooted neck and a chrono reading confirmed preconceived supposition of extrapolated burnrate substitution substance. Say that fast,3 times you dumbfhuqk. Laughing!

2400fps on da' nose.

[Linked Image]

Whistled the last of the 5rds loaded,to start paving the Moly Highway and bumped the works 1.2grs,for a 100fps gain and fair to middlin' ES/SD's,given the brass. Bushing sized Lapooey and .003" constriction,will nip that tidily. Hint.

Hated to shoot 'er in the rain yesterday,after ALL that tedious hand work involved the metal/wood finish regimens. Laughing!

[Linked Image]
[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/673/TMvlkK.jpg[/img]

From a 200yd zero the POS Mk4 M3 will only grant me 925yds and small change in "flat" mounts. A 6x MQ will easily get it to the 1450yd line in this morning's atmosphere,on the erector alone and I'd prolly not "forget" about the 10 Mils remaining on the windshield either. Just sayin'. Hint.

Anywhoo...GOOD Talk and I look forward to your next Whine and fascinating recounting of all the things you've almost done.

Still sayin',you and SuperKchunt oughtta shoot it out and if only to cheer both of you Do Nothing Dumbfhuqks up,get Dumb Don(Salvage99) to enter the fray. A group photo of you 3 Dumbfhuqks would be a hoot!

Good talk.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.................

SuperKchunt,

When did your kchunt last leave the couch?!?

Ain't it a hoot...that you cain't "remember" either?!?

Laughing!

Luckily for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you get to "do" something. Your plagiarized pic collection,must be coming along rather nicely? Mebbe wax a touch eloquent on the Sweet Satisfactions of "living" vicariously. laughing!

You poor poor Do Nothing Dumbfhuqk................

heavysquawker,

Perspective is often intellesting and I appreciate the peecture,as I've never seen a Deer before. Thanks!

Like a good sneak myself.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...0And%20Play/8-11-08MonsterPolarBearA.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...0And%20Play/8-11-08MonsterPolarBearC.jpg[/img]

Keep doing your best,you Drooling Dumbfhuqk.

Bless your heart...................

79',

The DUMB Kchunt cannot take a fhuqking hint.

Hint................(grin)

'Dollar,

Thank you for sparing my feelings,as I've never read anything positive about plastic tipped boolits and shoot Partitions solely. I'm talking Factory Loads,because ALL Rifle Manufacturers glaringly warn against handloads and that they'll instantly void their Warranty. I assure you,noone would know better than the Arms Makers,in regards to what types of ammo are safe in their offerings !

While I appreciate your friendly reply about Handloading,I'm simply not willing to take such risks,that are blatantly against Manufacturer protocol. Perhaps others of the more adventurous sort,may venture in the direction you allude...but NOT me.

Thanks for your cordial tutelage!..................

(Addendum: for Technical Tooling Clarification(s))

'PHAG,

That is not a "hatchet"...that is a GB Punch Driver,set to BELGIAN Browning Specs.

I've an assortment of GB Punch Drivers,effectively running the gamut,up to and including 5lbs and a 36" handle. I keep them in a Humidor,so as to not compromise harmonic oscillations.

There's much to be said,for having the right equipment for the job.

Hint...................

(Addendum(s): for more Drooling Dumbfhuqs)

heavysqawker,

Hot offa the press. 20" 1-8" Brux no-turn 6BR Montucky,105 .530BC,crushed shoulders with a single poke.

Ain't even "fair" is it...you Do Nothing Dumbfhuqk. Wax eloquent on the last tag you punched. Laughing!

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/673/2uxaU3.jpg[/img]

Your "best" is a fhuqking riot!

Laughing!

Cheer up,Deer Season is only days away.

Hint..................

'rx,

PLEASE cite the 20" barreled short action chambering with GOOD boolits(because they matter farrrrrrrrrrrr more than headstamps),that won't reliably kill Deer as dead as your Goat Fhuqk Piece Of Fhuqking Schit and it's 'H&H receiver,"wondrous" 26.5" spout and awe inspiring 2700fps launch of a .257" 110gr AccuBomb?!?

Take your time,breathe deeply and really give it your BEST...because I assure you,it will be fhuqking FUNNY,but you'll be the ONLY one who doesn't realize same!

Then knock 'er outta da' Park and cite the "advantages" of schit base/rings and schit glass,on the very piece of fhuqking schit you are trying to laude? Extry Points in advance,if you can go FULL Texan and cite that the velocity reduction "increase"s Terminal Affects. Looking forward to how the "careful thought" of the Goat Fhuqk was construed. You might could make The Guinness Book,for having lost a bet THAT fhuqking big!

Laughing!

Choose the headstamp carefully,I just might gun a few.

Is there NO end to you Stupid Fhuqkers Stupidity?!?

Wow +P++!..................
Posted By: 300MAG Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/09/15
Love the hatchet.....is that for your inletting/barrel channel work??

Posted By: heavywalker Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/09/15
A good sneak? Oh [bleep] I am dieing laughing at you, you fat phuqck.

A fat phuqcking dwarf floating in a boat is a "good sneak"? Why don't you post up a pic of your tubby ass sneaking up on a plate of 'fresh' deep fried seafood, I know you've done that 'recently' don't let the boat seat get your chunt... hint

Poor Larry

PS. Larry skip breakfast this morning, and keep your chins up in those 'new' pics laffin.
Posted By: Rangemasterx Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/09/15
With a 5 shot group out of a 257 robets sporter barrel that measures .320 what more could i ask for. With that I cant see any issues with my rifle. And at 2700fps that everyone laughs at has no problem bagging whitetails here in VA
Oh phuqck Larry you lying sac of schit.

This is you and all your 'glory' as recently as a phuqcking month ago. I look at this and all I want to do is skewer the phuqcking rolls on your neck and roast one. Laffin... those shirt buttons look 'distressed'.... hint

Everyone feel free to laugh your phuqcking ass off if only because it is phuqcking hilarious.

[Linked Image]

You want to talk schit about do nothings... and couches, and I and everyone else knows you didn't get that phuqcking fat by 'getting out there' Laffin. Oh phuqck what a hoot you are.

I do have to applaud you though Larry, you've been dealt a schit hand from birth. Short, bald, and now add fat Phuqck to the list, you got the trifecta and you still managed to overcome it all and become a perfect lying ass hole.

BTW I spared you the embarrassment of the 13 year old towering over you, how old was he when he out grew your 'genes'

You're doing Grate.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: fredIII Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/09/15
Lmfao
Posted By: TATELAW Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/09/15
Originally Posted by heavywalker

This is you and all your 'glory' as recently as a phuqcking month ago. I look at this and all I want to do is skewer the phuqcking rolls on your neck and roast one. Laffin... those shirt buttons look 'distressed'.... hint

Everyone feel free to laugh your phuqcking ass off if only because it is phuqcking hilarious.

[Linked Image]

You want to talk schit about do nothings... and couches, and I and everyone else knows you didn't get that phuqcking fat by 'getting out there' Laffin. Oh phuqck what a hoot you are.

I do have to applaud you though Larry, you've been dealt a schit hand from birth. Short, bald, and now add fat Phuqck to the list, you got the trifecta and you still managed to overcome it all and become a perfect lying ass hole.

BTW I spared you the embarrassment of the 13 year old towering over you, how old was he when he out grew your 'genes'

You're doing Grate.

[Linked Image]

GREAT post! That made my day. LMAO!

I've had little twig on ignore for a long time so I have no idea what he's been posting but I'm pretty sure I can guess. Just glad people have gotten better about not quoting his posts in their replies. Kinda cancels out the usefulness of the ignore feature.

BTW, RangeMaster, that is a beautiful rifle that anyone would be proud to own. A true heirloom piece that can be passed down as part of your family history.
Posted By: geedubya Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/09/15
Originally Posted by TATELAW

[Linked Image]

You're doing Grate.

[Linked Image]

GREAT post! That made my day. LMAO!

I've had little twig on ignore for a long time so I have no idea what he's been posting but I'm pretty sure I can guess. Just glad people have gotten better about not quoting his posts in their replies. Kinda cancels out the usefulness of the ignore feature.

Hey now' in B's defense, he does shoot Canon.

JAPPFT,

GWB
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/09/15
LAPM! smile

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/09/15
Originally Posted by SuperCub
LAPM! smile

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Superchunt,

NOTHING beats the original... LMFAO

Raider,

That came close... TFF

NOTHING beats the original...

How 'bout this one then? smile

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Judman Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/09/15

Very nice rifle!! I wouldn't let worthless cull Larry bug ya, that rifle will do bout anything Ya want for bucks bear and even bulls.
NOTHING beats the original...

How 'bout this one then? smile

[Linked Image]

Close but come on, a near midget, cue ball, fat phuqck that needs the net to 'feel useful' you can't top that. LMFAO
Candid...

Poor Larry
[Linked Image]
Wow!! Just WOW!! I can't get over those feet!! Lmfao!!!

If Yahoo look close, his daughters feet are as big as his!!! Hahaha

How the [bleep] can she keep balance we on those Damn things???? Oh [bleep] I'm crying!!!
Posted By: fredIII Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/09/15
Look at the redemption pic he took today his shorts and ankle socks. They must be men's size regular ankle height. Ol larry can pull them to his knees LOL. SMFTS ( saving midgets from themselves).

My God her feet are actually bigger than hers!!! Lmfao!!!

I wanna know how she jumps outta the boat on the beach after those kelp Fed bears without sink in to her hips with those dainty hooves??? Wtf over???
Candid...

Poor Larry
[Linked Image]

Blah, I'm Minnie joba the hut.... Laura do you use a bicycle pump to air those jowels up? Are they el naturel???
Well [bleep] me to tears, she's even got a lazy eye......eerily similar to corky from life goes on.... laffin
Larry, just remember keep your chins up, your gut in and your tits out. You never know who is watching. TFF
The funny part is you know his daughter got her ass chewed for posting that pic online!!! Lmfao
I do wonder heavy, do her ol lady roll Laura in flour and go for the wet spot, or vice versa??? Laffin
Posted By: heavywalker Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/10/15
1000 words as Larry says, they do tell as story. The only thing the good Lord blessed Larry with is huge tits. Laffin.
Posted By: 79S Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/10/15
Originally Posted by mathman
I should have been more explicit. What I meant was that the rifle specs and quoted performance didn't seem to match. The rifle ought to be capable of much more.

Hodgdon's start load with a 115 Partition is 2.4 grains higher than what you list. The top load is 45.5 grains and that's at only 46,600 cup.

You say it doesn't like to be loaded hot, but how far up did you go? I'm thinking if it showed signs of going out of tune as you increased the charge you may still have enough headroom to increase the charge and bring it back in at a higher velocity.

Nosler manual shows that the OP is .5 gr above their minimum load and they were getting 2645 f.p.s with their load of 39.0gr so the OP is in their with his readings on his chronograph. But I would still be concerned about not being able to get to a max load.
Posted By: efw Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/10/15
Beautiful rifle no need to apologize at all I'd be proud also.

Don't worry bout Boxer or whatever his screen name is he hasn't yet realized that not everyone has exactly the same taste in rifles.

Mine really like 100 gr NBTs & Ramshot Hunter as well as 75 gr VMax & H-380.

Hope you get a lot of fun out of her!
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/10/15
heavysqawker,

Next time you get "your" kids together,you oughtta have 'em artfully extoll a sign sayin': (Our "Dad" doesn't care...and she "could" too). Noone KNOWS better than you,how much trouble your "Wife" has with the "truth". DNA Sampling is your friend. Hint.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Just sayin'.

TAINT,

Bless your heart...you're still beating the Imaginary Pretend Ignore drum!

Wax eloquent some more,on how "REAL" it is to you.

g',

If only in fairness,there ain't much I've not shot...or got.

Hint..................

SuperKchunt,

Have you been able to choose the YEAR,you intend to go Outdoors?!?

Just gotta be some SERIOUSLY invigorating for you...to be in the Planning Stages of something so "exciting".

Bless your heart.

'Raider,

Built any good Fence Hoppin' Loads or sorted out any good Fence Hoppin' Scopes lately?!?

Do you scream "Get some!"...as you enter the barbed-wire threshold and "go in"?!?

Laughing!...............

Judmam,

It's gotta be VERY consoling for one Dumbfhuqk,to be reassured by another Dumbfhuqk...that their Goat Fhuqk is "promising". Doubly so given your Foot Fetish and gross inability to calibrate a hoof,but not everyone can read sign. Congratulations?!?

To knock it right the fhuqk outta da' Park,perhaps offer her some of your sage Reloading "advice".

I'm fhuqking cryin'...I'm laughing soooooooooo fhuqking hard!

Wow +P++!

Deer Season opens 2wks from this mornin' and with 20 tags in the house,I reckon someone will get "one". Cain't wait to hear your Fence Hoppin' Plans,as you go FULL Texan and "hard charge" into The Haybale & Crockett Realm of perpetual Dinktiude.

Bless your heart...............

fredrica,

Didja' manage to make the long drive to the shooting range,for the 2nd time this year?

Didn't think so.

Laughing!

PM 'g for seem amazing firsthand insight,regarding the 338Ultra,beings she found your missing 450fps.

You Do Nothing Kchunts are a hoot!................

79S,

She's in soooooooo fhuqking far over her head and upon soooooooo many levels,that it borders on Plum Fhuqking Amazing.

I reckon she's still tryin' to sort out the 20" S/A that won't kill Deer dead?!?

Laughing!................

efw,

Fascinating stance...that a H&H lengthed Bob,wearing a 26.5" barrel in schit mounts/glass and squirting schit boolits at 2700fps is just a "preference". It ain't,it's squarely a PLIGHT,which is where STUPIDITY reliably falls in the scheme of things. Explain where "pride" kicks in there,on a Goat Fhuqk?

As per the relative projectile spectrum cited,'17 is reliably tough to whoop. Though in order to use anything effectively,one must establish and have finite control over headspace...which is where false shoulders reliably have no equal. That especially so in a heavily compromised Goat Fhuqk,of more than suspect "craftsmanship".

Now yank that POS spout from the Goat Fhuqk,have someone of repute install a 23" 1-8" S/S pipe in 6-06 and the poor Dumbfhuqk will have the train back on the tracks. Not that a 20" SAAMI no-turn 6BR in a short action and sub 2.400" COAL,wouldn't slap the H&H length Bob fhuqking silly. The SAAMI 243Win being an outright gawddamned MONSTER in Bob comparison. Hint.

[Linked Image]

Now if'n I recollect correctly and I MOST assuredly do,a S/A 23" 25-284 will squirt 100X's at 3400fps and 75's at 3750fps. It also seems if'n I recall correctly,that said chambering rather excells in a short action.

[Linked Image]

Hear good thangs about a 22" 25-284 too. Just sayin'.

[Linked Image]

Actually...I hear good thangs about a short action 23" 1-8" 6-284 as well and .530BC's at 3350fps. 25's cain't begin to hang with a .243". Hint.

[Linked Image]
[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/28/5vf2.jpg[/img]
[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/834/gqic.jpg[/img]

Good talk...it's always a hoot to hear what you gals are gonna almost do.

Laughing!.............

Now to see who in The Paper Hat Brigade...steps Outdoors first?!?

The prospects ain't lookin' none too fhuqking good,if only obviously.

Laughing!.............
Posted By: Judman Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/10/15
Sorry bout the foot fetish porkimortis!! It is funny though, such dainty leetle things, it is good stuff... Feel free to post some bull, muley, or perhaps some real blacktail pics, the diminutive little Sitka pics are gettin boring...

PS, judging from the "pic", I think DNA might could be your friend... Just saying.....
LMFAO, Larry your tits didn't get any smaller in the 'even newer' pic.

You can't be that far in denial. Curious, who sucked who's tits in bed last night, bettin' your old lady had a mouthful. Laffin. It's no wonder you offer up subscriptions to Jenny Craig, you get a phuqcking discount for referrals if only phuqcking obvious.

So I will reiterate, everyone feel free to laugh your phuqcking ass off if only because it is phuqcking hilarious.

[Linked Image]

Short, bald, and a fat phuqck. No wonder you 'get after it' sooooo phuqcking hard on-line, your only phuqcking outlet from the mental frustrations that flow from your stubby little fingers, holy phuqck, I am crying here Larry.

Larry can you reach the 1? ok that ain't even fair... how about the Q, reeeeeeeeeach, still no? Laffin.

You MUST really get after it... Lighten up, no pun... And Larry, please remember projection is great, cept when you be the one projecting.

Legendary....

Nice pics BTW I've NEVER seen them before. Hint
10 lbs of Schitt in a 5lb bag.....
Calling people out for being fat, whilst sporting a puss gut like that, and bitch tits that would get him a free room at Hef's place. Phuqcking priceless, oh my I am dying here I'm laughing so hard.
Oh me too, where the sucked up gut and stone cold killa face!?!?! Lmfao
[Linked Image]Maybe like this?? I hate my "job"!!!!!! Laffin
Poor stupid shovel headed Larry !!! Your doin great!!!
Poor stupid shovel headed Larry !!! Your doin great!!!
[Linked Image]

Feel free to "top it" Larry !!!!! Laffin
Posted By: Nrut Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/10/15
Originally Posted by Squirrel Boy

[Linked Image]

It's heartwarming to see a man with such a close and loving relationship with himself, who's not afraid to show that love..

Squirrel Boy, you are a riot..
You are doing grate(lol)..

[Linked Image]

Ping pong BCs , long throats, cup n core, but they don't bounch off.... 3300 fps at 20 yards, hint....
Posted By: Mauser12 Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/10/15
Great looking rifle. I think Big Stick is misnamed. He is definitely compensating for something.
Originally Posted by Mauser12
Great looking rifle. I think Big Stick is misnamed. He is definitely compensating for something.

Being 5'4" tall, bald, and a fat phuqck to boot, yeah, I think he MIGHT be compensating for SOMETHING.

A more pathetic combo, that tries sooooooo very hard, you'll never find. LMFAO
Posted By: fredIII Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/10/15
Father of the year here folks

[Linked Image]

Laura at what point in you're obesity did your clit start its own profile and begin posting from California you stud you show us some tittys some big sweaty man tittys with the high beams on full blast. LMMFAO!!!
Posted By: geedubya Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/10/15
Guys,

I think you've made your point.

Give it a rest.

Just sayin!

GWB

Posted By: RDFinn Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/10/15
test
Originally Posted by geedubya
Guys,

I think you've made your point.

Give it a rest.

Just sayin!

GWB

If only that were the case ol' Larry woulda shut his trap long ago. The invisibly stupid phuqck is reeeeealy slow on the uptake.
Posted By: riflelooney Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/10/15
Its a nice gun...you like it.......its has meaning....end of story. 2700 F/sec will kill most things readily.... I am surprised at the level of banter.....glad you choose not to engage.....I will sit on my thumbs...To engage those who find themselves in a battle of wits, and find themselves unarmed....well..its simply not fair.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/10/15
This place is always a riot.

Nice rifle.

I have an 84M 257 Roberts and it shoots 117 SGK's around 2900fps.

An 84M 243 with 90 Scenars will be better in the wind but the 257 works just fine for easy 300 yard shots.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/11/15
Judmam,

Do tell...exactly what was it that gained you entry into the Jerry Lewis Telethon Calendar?!? Were it the selfie or your Reloading "Tutorial"?!? Laughing!

Here's hoping you are going MAD Ninja on your Fence Hoppin' Skeelz,because you only gotta wait a coupla more months for the BIG Day.

Slow day yesterday and only dabbled Hummer,Anschutzeses,a couple/few 223AI's,a Dick Rifle,Baby BR,BABLR and the Twat-Six...offa the top of my head. Hell,I barely had time betwixt Pre-Venison Recon's to fuel your Imagination,so you can practice your Pretend.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Weather blew right the fhuqk up overnight and it's rainin' right proper...would hate to get a rifle wet.

Wait for it...wait for it........wait for it.

Bless your heart,you amazingly Fhuqking STUPID Dumbfhuqk.

Laughing!........................

heavysquawker,

You MUSTA come close to doin' sumptin' yesterday,besides setting on your Do Nothing Kchunt and Whining?!? Do tell. Then again...mebbe not!

I know,I know...you were patiently awaiting my every word and every pixel. Bless your heart,you vicarious "living" phenom.

Nrut,

Share some pics of "all" the things you've nearly done. Don't leave out the "particulars"!

Looking forward to the excuses and awkward silence.

One thing is for CERTAIN in regards to you Do Nothing Kchunts and that's when it's all said and done...there will have been a LOT more said,than done.

Congratulations?!?

Laughing!..................

'12,

I enjoy your Imagination,fhuqking nearly as much as you do...though for very different reasons.

fredrica,

I'll feign my "surprise" that a Kchunt of your magnitude,is a Cat Lover. Do tell...what is your Cat's name?!?

Happiness is hitting a sunning Feral Feline in the belly button with a 40gr 22LR solid,then taking a piss,while awaiting all 9 lives to vacate the premises. Not that Centerfire Hang Times,is a poor Show.

Always a treat to be regaled with your surging Estrogen Levels and it's accompanying Hissy Fits.

You "hard charger" you.

I'm crying...I'm laughing soooooooooooooo fhuqking hard!

As an aside,feel free to plagiarize my pixels wantonly and poke them in "your" album,so you'll at least have some GREAT Outdoor Pics.

Wow +P++!...................

g',

Don't go spookin' the hole...I'm on the ropes.

'finn,

Here's a Test.

HOW in THE fhuqk,can one make a Magnum receiver lengthed Bob,wearing a 26.5" spout and "special" throat...toss a 110 at 2700fps as culmination of inherent "splendor's" magnitude? Prolly a pun there to boot.

I'm on pins & needles.

'looney,

There's a myriad of S/A 20" barreled offerings,that'll happily scoot better boolits of greater BC,to a paltry 2700fps. Though I guess there might could be a mad rush all of the sudden,given poor poor fhuqking STUPID rx's fabulous "blueprint",to install 6.5" bloop tubes on same?!? Give or fhuqking take. Laughing!

Oh it ain't no feat...to cypher who do and who don't,but the MAGIC really happens when you grant the illusion,that they THINK they fhuqking do. Dangle the rope just right and one will play hell giving enough slack,to allow all the Dumbfhuqks to partake. When you got game,they'll then wax eloquent on boolits,glass,chamberings,reloading and the like.

Funny schit...and I mean fhuqking FUNNY!

Hint.

Laughing!......................

SammO,

Have suffered the Bob and Better Bob myself. Tough to get giddy about a .410BC .257" 117 grainer at 2900fps...when with under 27grs of powder,you can squirt a .435BC 75 A-Max outta a SAAMI 223 Montucky at 2850fps. I've more than a buncha faith in said boolit,welllllllllllllll beyond the 300yd line in a .378" based hull. My 21" 1-7" Rocktucky digs 'em at 3125fps.

223 SAAMI Montucky.

[Linked Image]

The Montucky SAAMI 243Win and 90gr Skinner melding at 3300fps,is a SINISTER Bitch. They'll kiss easily in the OEM box and do nice thangs.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

'Course it's easy for me to say...I've got all the t-shirts and shoot more than all of these Dumbfhuqks combined. I realize that ain't "fair".
Hint.

Posted By: geedubya Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/11/15
Originally Posted by Big Stick

g',

Don't go spookin' the hole...I'm on the ropes.

[Linked Image]

10/4,

you got it.

Carry on gents!

JAPPFT,

GWB

PS: Almost forgot........

[Linked Image]

that ARAIG Boner is still being held captive here in Texas.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: fredIII Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/11/15
High beams and ankle socks. Lol Tell me more sugar tits..
Slow day here to made some 338 Laupa for a friend. Moved 1100 tons of Mother Earth and spent all day smiling to the node that uza fat [bleep]. You flute loving midget you. you got a selfie stick pun intended lol

Posted By: heavywalker Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/11/15
Oh my phuqcking God, I am dying hear Larry. Although I do own you an apology, I called you a liar earlier and you are not, you are just soooooooooo phuqcking far in denial I'm thinking the pending phuqcking heart attack and stroke won't slap the phuqcking stupid outta you. LMFAO

I think, no I'm sure, your tits got even bigger in the even newer new pic. Laffin. Sorry for the delayed response, I was plugged in this morning, rest assured there were only one set of titties in bed worth suckin'. grin.

Chat with ya latter bud, gotta slow day hear as well. Might even make it to home depot. You keep trying soooooo phuqcking hard to prove you try sooooooo phuqcking hard, and while your at it keep trying. Laffin
Posted By: Judman Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/11/15
[Linked Image]

Note the ray bans, no free safety glasses.. Grin

Also note the mustache, do dig your jailhouse wallet!!!!.... Real paradise can't be beat!!!! Hint
Posted By: TC1 Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/11/15
Like him or hate him, he sure seems to be in peoples heads.

Win for Larry,,,, I guess.
Naw, I love a good laugh, and he's gave me more than a few...
Originally Posted by TC1
Like him or hate him, he sure seems to be in peoples heads.

Win for Larry,,,, I guess.

TFF, yeah notice all the other guys running around in the woods takin pics of themselves to prove a fat phuqck ain't a fat phuqck.
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/11/15
Originally Posted by Judman
Naw, I love a good laugh, and he's gave me more than a few...

He is a laugh. Throw old Boxer a ball and he ALWAYS fetches.

Here's the ball ...

[Linked Image]

... and here's the fetch.

[Linked Image]
Top it Larry .....
[Linked Image]
Here's the ball ...

[Linked Image]

... and here's the fetch.

[Linked Image]

Yes she do, she is one baaaad bitch!!!....
She might could be fast with those kettle hooves!! Lmfao!!
Her next handle should be "hoofer"!!! Pun intended
[Linked Image]

Larry's brother from Texas ??? Oh [bleep] I'm crying!!
Top it Larry .....
[Linked Image]

can't top that but.....

I'll see ya' a Dirty Bastard

[Linked Image]

and speakin' of Tejas, I'll raise ya' a Lone Star........

[Linked Image]

JAPPFT

GWB
and a Stone Smoked Porter works well with a good stogie......

[Linked Image]

JAPPFT,

GWB
[Linked Image]

Here ya little fella. My "nieghbors " boat last tues. Now, you lying little stupid cull, let's hear about your "glory" days in Oregon when you thought you caught a albacore outta your 10' Jon boat!!! You lying bald face lying [bleep] you....
and a Stone Smoked Porter works well with a good stogie......

[Linked Image]

JAPPFT,

GWB

Great taste ya ol Texan!!! Love good beer...
[Linked Image]

Best stout ever right there, if anyone reading can get there pecker tongs on some I'll go $20 a bottle on em....
[Linked Image]

Had er once in San Diego geebuya....
[Linked Image]

Note the gay sticker... Kiss find pressure 90 skinners, squealer, pinky, buck remover, blah blah [bleep] blah....
Posted By: 79S Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/11/15
If any of you ever make it to Whitehorse, Yukon Territory go to the Yukon Brewery. They have one the best ambers in North America. Ok I'm sure their are better or equals out their but man that stuff was so damn smooth...
[Linked Image]

Only good IPA in Hawaii , [bleep] rs like they're girly drinks too much....
Posted By: WyoCoyoteHunter Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/11/15
All those micro's make me thirsty and it is only 2:15!!!
Nice, +1

kinda knocked the new offn' mine.....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I do love Hawaii though!! Not near as tough as the kelpbed&crockett locale though....
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

But it's been fun doin' it.

JAPPFT,

GWB
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
All those micro's make me thirsty and it is only 2:15!!!

Ahh hell during football season I'll start at the first game!! Grin
Nuther un from Maui ... Super cool place....
[Linked Image]
In the immortal words of Tom T Hall....

I like beer.
It makes me a jolly good fellow
I like beer.
It helps me unwind
and sometimes it makes me feel mellow

[Linked Image]

JAPPFT,

GWB
[Linked Image]

Now I like that.

The family that slays together, stays together,

Good stuff Sir!

GWB
Pre Hawaii Laura , they they don't trim hooves though!!.... Lmfao
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Now I like that.

Good stuff Sir!

GWB

Thanks bud, when ya like your ol lady ya tend to wanna spend time with em... Grin
10/4

My D-I-L posted a pix of my oldest son getting a pedicure on facebook. I thought from the reaction of his bud's he was going to have to turn in his man card. Evidently they ain't had a purty thing tingle their toes.......

and jest fer schitz n' giggles.......

A pair of Ruby Redbirds in my back yard............

[Linked Image]

They are native to Shiner Texas, but can sometimes be found in Pearville during the spring and summer months.

Luv it!

JAPPF,

GWB
That Polaris has had some blood spilled on er for sure!! Nice work!!
[Linked Image]

Now I like that.

Good stuff Sir!

GWB

Thanks bud, when ya like your ol lady ya tend to wanna spend time with em... Grin

Looks like you done good!!!!

My darlin' bride and I celebrate 37 years this year.

Best to you and yours.

GWB
Yep my buds gave me Schitt too, I just felt bad for the hott little asin, my feet ain't too good lookin... Grin
[Linked Image]

Now I like that.

Good stuff Sir!

GWB

Thank you, 20 for us, just kids when we did it, best thing I've ever done..

Looks like you done good!!!!

My darlin' bride and I celebrate 37 years this year.

Best to you and yours.

GWB
Good ol Barnes x... Pass the cup n core.....
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/11/15
In the immortal words of Tom T Hall....

I like beer.
It makes me a jolly good fellow
I like beer.
It helps me unwind
and sometimes it makes me feel mellow

[Linked Image]

JAPPFT,

GWB

Whiskeys too rough,
Champagne costs too much,
and vodka puts my mouth in gear.

This little refrain,
will help me explain,
as a matter of fact,
I LIKE BEER

Time for a nice smooth Ballast Point Sculpin...
Hey Larry you bald face liar, what did this? A porcupine??? Laffin
[Linked Image]

Thank you, 20 for us, just kids when we did it, best thing I've ever done..

Well, here's to you and your bride.......

GWB
A real Annie, if only for conversation ....
[Linked Image]
240 BEE.... Hint
[Linked Image]
A real Annie, if only for conversation ....
[Linked Image]

Nice!!!!

and speakin' of porky's.............

[Linked Image]

along with a Cooper 21 Varmint in 20 VarTarg

JAPPFT,

GWB
240 BEE.... Hint
[Linked Image]

Back at ya' on the 240 Wby.

[Linked Image]

GWB
More 240 carnage ....
[Linked Image]
Good ol Barnes x... Pass the cup n core.....
[Linked Image]

Mainly shoot Nosler Accubonds, Partitions and Ballistic Tips,

but have noticed that when I do shoot Barnes........
[Linked Image]

They tend to work.............

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

JAPPFT,

GWB
More 240 carnage ....
[Linked Image]

Looks like fun to me!

GWB
Better watch er GW, you'll be accused of being a do nothin whiner... Grin
[Linked Image]
More 240.....
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

240.... Man they suck!!!.... Laffin
Yep legendary 240.....
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Better watch er GW, you'll be accused of being a do nothin whiner... Grin

Ya but bein' Just Another Porker Perforator from Texas,

[Linked Image]

mine is done behind gates at the Petting Zoo.

Ya' I know,

[Linked Image]

It takes balls to admit it. LOL

JAPPFT,

GWB

[Linked Image]
257 BEE
[Linked Image]

Looks like your 240 is death on critters.

Good stuff guy!

GWB
Lol, I get pedicures, I'd gladly shoot Schitt in the face at the petting zoo..... Grin
[Linked Image]

I've got to get off the couch!!! Fall bear huntin...
[Linked Image]
I kill [bleep] momma pics berrys....
Top it Larry , you lying cull!!! Laffin
[Linked Image]
Lol, I get pedicures, I'd gladly shoot Schitt in the face at the petting zoo..... Grin

I been stuck in worse places......

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Mebbe' we can work that out.

Best,

GWB
Top it Larry , you lying cull!!! Laffin
[Linked Image]

I've hunted elk twice and spent over 10k. Hadn't shot the first elk. But being a flatlander, just being in country like Colorado and Montana and seeing the majesty of the mountains, it was worth the price.

Best,

GWB
223, perhaps the biggest pos known to man, AI or nilla... Government should be ashamed to send our troops overseas to kill folks with em....
[Linked Image]
260 cannin buck....
[Linked Image]
260 is now pink, no it doesn't have a homo name like "pinky".... Grin
[Linked Image]
I like good whiskey too. God bless Kentucky and Tennessee !!!
[Linked Image]
260 cannin buck....
[Linked Image]

a couple of 260's.

[Linked Image]

still got the Sako.

[Linked Image]

Sako Varmint, 260 Rem.

Best,

GWB
Larry, you lying little kcunt, I just gotta know, have you EVER killed anything with a musket?
[Linked Image]
Or a bow?????
[Linked Image]

Or are you just too stupid and lazy??? You should be decent with those leetle feet!!! Laffin
Dig the sako!! Nice rifle...
I like good whiskey too. God bless Kentucky and Tennessee !!!
[Linked Image]

yup......

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

and a shot of Tequila from time to time, for medicinal purposes.

[Linked Image]

GWB

[Linked Image]

Sako 243

As folks can tell, blue/wood works in adverse conditions, ya just caint be so lazy as to not wipe a kettle oil on em .... Notice the copious amounts of stupid tape for the muzzle???? Larry, lesson no 1, always watch yer muzzle!!! Cross eyed stupid bastard...
and maybe even a lil' Vodka

[Linked Image]

Best,

GWB
Damn GW, I like ur taste!! That bulliet is good stuff...
[Linked Image]

Giant killer, hint...
[Linked Image]
Good stuff....
Ya'

can't imagine who'd own a blue steel/wood Sako..........

[Linked Image]
just came in. Sako Bavarian, 6.5 x 55.

[Linked Image]

7MM-08 and 222 Mag

[Linked Image]
222 Rem, Riihimaki
Model 85 Bavarian Carbine, 308 Win.
L61R Varmint, 7Mag..

just for starters.

Best,

GWB
A gentleman of the highest order with impeccable taste.

[Linked Image]
She already knows what a datum line is and how to check headspace

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by fredIII
A gentleman of the highest order with impeccable taste.

[Linked Image]

Fred,

They say once you go black, you never go back?

Quien Sabe! LOL

GWB
[Linked Image]
Good stuff....

I repeat,

I do like beer.......

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

and I must have been a breast-fed baby,

[Linked Image]

cause I still like "mother's milk"

Anywho, you youngsters are smokin' me. Not outta pix, but need to take a break.

Catch up in a few.

Best,

GWB
The boys first muley in Idaho....
[Linked Image]
Ya'

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

7MM-08 and 222 Mag

[Linked Image]
222 Rem, Riihimaki
L61R Varmint, 7Mag..

just for starters.

Best,

GWB

God damn GW, nice [bleep] rifles!!!!!!........... Wow
Great show guys.. Kept it up..
[Linked Image]
257 BEE
Mohawk with a good Idaho whitetail bone I found on the couch... Note the copious amounts of tape again, for the snow!!! Laffin
[Linked Image]
The boy with a cannin buck from many moons ago....
[Linked Image]
Diminutive Sitka buck!!..... Grin
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
The $347 vanguard 243
[Linked Image]

First bow buck 22 years ago
My god I gotta get off the couch!!! I gotta shoot!! I'm waaaay to depressed to though!! Laffin
[Linked Image]

Larry the low budget high carb slope food is doin you no favors, hint... And re hint!!!..... Laffin
[Linked Image]

Looks like about a 6 inch roll-up on the cuffs of those dungarees. Hard to tell if they're rolled up once or twice.

.... Laffin'
I would post the "portrait" but even I would be embarrassed for the poor dumb bastard!!.... Grin
[Linked Image]

On the menu for tonight , never woulda thunk a good beer woulda came outta utah, but it's great stuff!!....
Couple guys I know are hunting with Dr. Juan Pablo Pozzi at his estancia in Argentina....

[Linked Image]

So here' to them.

GWB
Cold steel.........

[Linked Image]

and cold beer.

What's not to like.

GWB
Just rollin back in, had to poor me one. Jud always an IPA or two on tap and pards are always welcome. Vortex IPA via Ft George.

[Linked Image]
and after a long day perforatin' porkers with with my Sauers,

[Linked Image]

Sauer 200, 30-06

[Linked Image]

Sauer 200, Europa-Lux, 25-06

It is nice to come in and enjoy a stogie and a cold brewski!

[Linked Image]

How sweet it is.

GWB

Posted By: SLM Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/11/15
Nobody can accuse you of not having fun Gee'.
God damn, nice....
Posted By: joshf303 Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/11/15
Cold steel.........

[Linked Image]

and cold beer.

What's not to like.

GWB

Told ya it would wear on ya.....
And you caint slight his taste in whiskey , beer, rifles, and beer...
an' just think, ifn' I lived further north, I wouldn't be stuck shootin these tiny Texas deer. LOL

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Oh well.

Better n' not shootin' tiny Texas deer.

Best,

GWB
Gee, I feel sorry for you life must be ruff, but dang, you sure make it look wonderful.. We are enjoying it .. Keep the show going..
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/11/15
Mohawk with a good Idaho whitetail bone I found on the couch... Note the copious amounts of tape again, for the snow!!! Laffin
[Linked Image]

600 Mohawk in a 660 factory stock? The barrel looks longer than the 600 Mohawk's 18.5" tube.
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Gee, I feel sorry for you life must be ruff, but dang, you sure make it look wonderful.. We are enjoying it .. Keep the show going..

Thanks for the kind words sir!

[Linked Image]

I learned long ago, life is as good as ya'make it.

I like what Teddy Roosevelt had to say....

[Linked Image]

Best,

GWB

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Oh well.

Better n' not shootin' tiny Texas deer.

Best,

GWB

B-78? Had one in 22-250, miss it...
Just rollin back in, had to poor me one. Jud always an IPA or two on tap and pards are always welcome. Vortex IPA via Ft George.

[Linked Image]

10-4 need to do it soon, I'll hammer some vortex.. grin
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Got a couple bench marks coming for the middle two a 1/8 #6 in .264. And a Remington sendaro 1/9 .284. Going to be a 6.5x284 and on the fence between 7-08 AI or 284. Was leaning towards 7-08AI due to the 10,000 piece of 308 brass on hand to form from and the lack of 284 win brass not interested in necking up 6.5x284.

B-78? Had one in 22-250, miss it...

Sir,

The B-78 and the 1885 are easy to get confused as to which is which ........

If you look close you will see that the rifle in the pix you reference has a straight stock which is the characteristic of the Winchester/Browning 1885. The Browning B-78 has a pistol grip and steel grip cap and 26" barrel........

[Linked Image]

Cousins,

[Linked Image]

Browning 1885, 30-06 Springfield

[Linked Image]

Winchester 1885, 270 WSM.

Best,

GWB

G you the man wow nice guns knifes and well you the man.
[Linked Image]

Some of my junk. Please don't make fun of me
Gotcha!! My 250 did have a pistols grip and cheekpiece... sick wares bud, sick!!!
God Damn fredrica, manners?? Really? You'll be insulted for that one!! And I for kcuntfusing a 85 for a 78..... grin
Here is a beater I picked up the other day. 1885 in 7 mag.

$700 out the door.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: mathman Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/11/15
Somehow I think you'll live with the scritchy scratches.
How do they usually shoot GW? Never been around one.
Pretty much sanded......

[Linked Image]

and after about 1/2 dozen coats of Tru-oil

[Linked Image]

Those ol' Browning high-walls usually have some pretty good timber under all that acryllic.

Best,

GWB

Loving the way this has took a turn for the better, you fellas did good while I was on the couch today. grin

Winchester highwall, 270 wsm. 130 gr nosler ballistic tip, 61 gr. h-4350, Wlrm primer.
Shoots as good as it looks.
GWB

[Linked Image]

Might take a minute to find a target for the 30-06 but it's about the same.
Firewood stocks, you'll never keel nothing with those.

Nice wood GW!
A friend of mine has a Browning Low Wall in 260 Rem. topped with a Leupold 1.5-5x20. He's sub-moa to 300 yards with it, shooting handloads I assembled.

It's really good considering its wand like nature.
[Linked Image]

Fredrica,

If you ever want to 'improve' upon that pile'o'[bleep] I got a bench vise, a hack saw and a can of krylon, could probably even source some jolly roger stickers to make the uber phuqcking awesome.
Jer, everything is bigger and tougher in Alaska..... when your a midget... grin
[Linked Image]

Fredrica,

If you ever want to 'improve' upon that pile'o'[bleep] I got a bench vise, a hack saw and a can of krylon, could probably even source some jolly roger stickers to make the uber phuqcking awesome.

I wanna come over!! Mebee we can be a incredibly dumb bastard like Laura, he'll we can even toss one on the road, lay down like a stuffed sausage and shoot it when finished!!!
Damn good wood, and shoot in...

This is typical of the Highwalls......

Winchester highwall, 270 wsm. 130 gr nosler ballistic tip, 61 gr. h-4350, Wlrm primer.
Shoots as good as it looks.

[Linked Image]

Another Browning Hi-Wall, 454 Casull

[Linked Image]

Typical accuracy is an inch or better with my handloads. However, who would think you could get this kind of accuracy out of a straight wall pistol cartridge at 100 yds.

[Linked Image]

One of the few rifles I regret letting follow someone else down the road.

Best,

GWB
Dudes 257 Bob that started this thread is a dandy as well....

Yeah, nice wood on that, I'll freely admit that I ain't too keen on a long action bob, 26+" tube, with 110 @ 2700 but hey, I ain't packing it and if he is happy WGAF, nice rifle....
Good on the casull... I gotta ask HE, didja kiss, find pressure and rock on??
if only obvious...

Yeah, nice wood on that, I'll freely admit that I ain't too keen on a long action bob, 26+" tube, with 110 @ 2700 but hey, I ain't packing it and if he is happy WGAF, nice rifle....

I tried to talk a little load development with the OP, but to no avail.
We all have lapsed judgment from time to time
All it needs is a little more gas.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/11/15

You don't say....

[Linked Image]
(admit to having a bit of a beer gut)
It's all good, if he likes it, good deal. I guarantee I'd beat Laura in a killin contest with said rifle and load, on any turf..... grin
Lmfao you montucky boys are dandys!! Good stuff..
He said it didn't like to be loaded hot. My guess is he observed groups opening up with charge increases, i.e., it was going out of tune.

My take is there's so much headroom available that charges could be further increased to bring it back in, all the while keeping pressure in line.
Are you sure, he 'tries' sooooooooooo hard.
He said it didn't like to be loaded hot. My guess is he observed groups opening up with charge increases, i.e., it was going out of tune.

My take is there's so much headroom available that charges could be further increased to bring it back in, all the while keeping pressure in line.

He didn't get it over the hump.
He might be able to sneak better than I with those leetle hooves, but he's waaaaay to stupid....

He didn't get it over the hump.

Starting to horn me up, I love to hump!!!

Nah,
I'm a short range meat hunter.

Just usually load to book length. Nosler bullets out of Nosler Manual, Sierra to Sierra Specs, Hornady from Hornady Manual, etc.

And, as an aside, I don't try to get 257 Wby. velocities out of a 250 Savage etc.

GWB
If the titties in this thread didn't do 'it' for ya, nothing will. LMFAO

Nah,
I'm a short range meat hunter.

Just usually load to book length. Nosler bullets out of Nosler Manual, Sierra to Sierra Specs, Hornady from Hornady Manual, etc.

And, as an aside, I don't try to get 257 Wby. velocities out of a 250 Savage etc.

GWB

Oh, bullschit, grin.
Originally Posted by SamOlson

You don't say....

[Linked Image]
(admit to having a bit of a beer gut)

back at ya'

[Linked Image]

GWB
10-4 mazing how well that works for killin..
Calling Russ Monday this needs a tac300 to tie up the mess.

[Linked Image]

Think a heavy 300 win mag will be a great couch rifle 24" 1/10t , mcE was even going to slum a rem 700 trigger on her. Just left over parts anyone need 308 barrels I have a couple extra around.
10-4 mazing how well that works for killin..

[Linked Image]

yup,

[Linked Image]

Big, heavy, slow bullets do work from times to times.......

[Linked Image]

GWB

Ping pong balls, you gotta be bullschitin us now.
[Linked Image]

From the fog line she's a shooter.

Oh and all with a worthless 7-08AI.

[Linked Image]
Baby killer...
Even the wardens love us.

First deer for the lady.

[Linked Image]
Father son trips, you gotta love those.

[Linked Image]
It beats, deep fried 'fresh' food.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Lots of building to do bet I find one that shoots
I'm gonna need to borrow a gun.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Lots of building to do bet I find one that shoots
[Linked Image]

Smoked this one hopping on one foot to make it a challenge (no really had a bum wheel ) helps to be an elk magnet.
Posted By: FishinHank Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/11/15
Love me some young blacktail, tasty! She has it figured out for sure. Antlers taste like chit anyways!
[Linked Image]

Smoked this one hopping on one foot to make it a challenge (no really had a bum wheel ) helps to be an elk magnet.
Montucky bob, 22" OEM 100 PT's at 3050. 415 DRT

[Linked Image]
First shot show

[Linked Image]
The dream team.

[Linked Image]
She just like shooting stuff
We have Chita boats thought

[Linked Image]
TFF, Fredrica, you forgot to mention you towed them out to fish, not back to the lauch. LMFAO.
Gas is a good thing to remember
Me and the president. cool

[Linked Image]
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/12/15
Before.

[Linked Image]

Now.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Sometime in the next coupla months I'll post pics of it with a new stock (laminate) and barrel band.
Posted By: 79S Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/12/15
Great looking pictures guys...
Posted By: Judman Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/12/15
We have Chita boats thought

[Linked Image]

Fred, is that your neighbors boat??? I just go with my neighbor!!! Grin
I'm gonna need to borrow a gun.

[Linked Image]

Damn it Jer, all your missing is the free safety shades, you almost got the "POW" look!!! Lmao
[Linked Image]

Perty good group a guys....
Fred and heavy, think you guys know Tyler ?? Took him on his first trip to tucky, he had a great time...
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The boy lookin like he's from POW... Laffin 7 mag face shot, through the eye....
Nothin like a boys first buck!!!... Killed with the little sako 243..
[Linked Image]
Nuther pards first trip to tucky, 240 bee, 100 hornadys.... Ol Deets , sumbitch is big enough to burn diesel!!!.....
[Linked Image]
Pards goat, and another damn good montucky boy , ol jake had great few days with us, great kid!! Best sumbitchs I've ever been around are the montucky boys, solid guys!!....
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

First bull 22 years ago 270 bee 140 ballistic tips... They do work!!
[Linked Image]

Hahaha Larry you bald face lying piece of phuqcking Schitt !!!!
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/12/15
This thread has made me dog tired.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: scenarshooter Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/12/15
[Linked Image]

Hahaha Larry you bald face lying piece of phuqcking Schitt !!!!

The guy carrying that rack out on his back is my best friend from the Yukon....why are you using it?
I can't tell who's face it is?
That's a cool pic....
Posted By: heavywalker Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/12/15
Originally Posted by Steelhead

[Linked Image]

Scott that is one of my favorites on here, never gets old.
Posted By: fredIII Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/12/15
[Linked Image]

She wants to kill bear with dad this was 3 years ago it goes fast
Ready for the 11 mile run up the inlet

[Linked Image]
Posted By: geedubya Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/12/15

[Linked Image]

Hey Scott........

[Linked Image]

grin and bear it. This too shall pass.

Best,

GWB
[Linked Image]

243 win 100 core lock.
Like a boss

[Linked Image]
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/12/15
Not a bear,but it was killed with a 150 gr Core Lokt from a .30/06. At whopping long distance of 99 yds.

[Linked Image]

Don't do many paid hunts but, did do a bear hunt with hounds just out of Capitan New Mexico a while back.

[Linked Image]

and yes, a wild bear does schitt in the woods. LOL

[Linked Image]

Had a ball. Two guys I hunted with were government trappers in their early 30's that guided on the side. I had a blast runnin' the roads of the Lincoln National Forest, talking guns, reloading, trapping, dogs and music.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Obligatory hero shot, Merkel k1, 7mm-08, 140 gr. accubond

[Linked Image]

and unzipped him with a Randall 28 Woodsman.

[Linked Image]

According to my taxidermist this guy was on his way down. Both his bottom canines had been broken off. He said he probably would not have made through to next spring.

[Linked Image]

Anywho, I don't know if I'll do another hound hunt, but do have a spot and stalk hunt scheduled in just over a month. Funny, don't really matter whether I take a bear or not. Just being in camp for four or five days, and seeing the sights and making memories should be a hoot.

Best,

GWB
This tread just keeps getting better
Some old junk I have collected.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: The_Yetti Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/12/15
Some old junk I have collected.

[Linked Image]

How do you keep everything from falling off the wall? grin
I installed a gravity free zone in that part of the house works great LOL
Nice bear GW. Some of my earliest hunting memories are chasing dogs, old man used to get after the bear pretty good, then we'd coon hunt in the winter, as I got older started chasing cats. Lotsa good memories, don't miss the time commitment it takes to have dogs good enough to catch bobcat on dry ground regularly though. Once again, you have some badass taste in rifles....
Ready for the 11 mile run up the inlet

[Linked Image]

Nuther badass pic.....

Wood, blue and bamboo

[Linked Image]

Posted By: 28lx Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/12/15
The elusive trophy Chipmunk does not like a 90 grain Blitz at 3150 fps out of a SAAMI 257 Bob.One of these days I'll put the Talley Lightweights on it and ditch the windage junk. [img:center]http://[Linked Image][/img]
Speakin' of AI's..............

Being a junk man at heart, I am always pickin' through other folks used items. Can't help it.

I picked up this action about 15 years ago. . The price was right and ya never can tell!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Sako S491 action

A couple years later a fellow had a used Richards Microfit thumbhole stock for sale. Turns out it just happened to be glass bedded for a Sako S491 action. Couldn't resist.

Fast forward about 12 years and with all the hoopla on this forum about AI's I got the hankerin' for a small caliber chambering with a fast twist barrel. Turns out a friend had a 1 in 8" twist Shilen Select Match stainless barrel layin' around his shop. Even had a 223 AI reamer and a Vais brake.

Well, a few dollars traded hands. Next, I pulled out an old scope I'd basically gotten free from another deal and tossed the parts into a feed barrel and rolled it down a hill at my lease.

[Linked Image]

even had an audience. LOL

When I pulled the lid, dang if a Spare Parts Rifle didn't pop out.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Sako S491 action, Richards laminate thumbhole stock. Twenty-six inch Shilen Select Match Barrel, Vais Brake, chambered for 223 AI, Burris 8 x 32 Signature Scope.

Hadn't wrung it out yet but here are a few groups.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Now it gets kinda hot May through October, 113 to 114 degrees F during the day and I've seen it around 106 at 7 PM. Conseqently there are days in the summer when I sleep in and shoot at night.

What can be fun is to set up a ground blind, a Caldwell dead shot field pod and attach a Wicked lights green light that will illuminate a target and cross hairs at least 300 yds.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Put some corn out in a line during the day and come back after dark and set a spell. Coons, bunnies and hoglet will come to the corn sooner or later. From time to time shine the light and pick up their eyes. I have an 8-32 Burris on this rig. So I just aim for the glowing eye.........

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

JAPPFT,

GWB
Very nicely done if that's your junk your trash man gets his kids Christmas presents out of your can laugh

Wood, blue and bamboo

[Linked Image]

Nuther awesome pic... got gramammys 250 m99, cool old gun...
Dandy "junker"... grin
Now it gets kinda hot May through October, 113 to 114 degrees F during the day and I've seen it around 106 at 7 PM. Conseqently there are days in the summer when I sleep in and shoot at night.

What can be fun is to set up a ground blind, a Caldwell dead shot field pod and attach a Wicked lights green light that will illuminate a target and cross hairs at least 300 yds.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Put some corn out in a line during the day and come back after dark and set a spell. Coons, bunnies and hoglet will come to the corn sooner or later. From time to time shine the light and pick up their eyes. I have an 8-32 Burris on this rig. So I just aim for the glowing eye.........

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

JAPPFT,

GWB

I love shootin stuff in the face!!
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/13/15
Jeezus Gawwddamned Fhuqk...The Twatly Trifecta went and done had a Slumber Party on their BWT! There was certainly some pavement pounded,pics plagiarized and some "hard charging" vicarious "living" knocked outta Da' Park this weekend!

I'm crying...I'm laughing soooooooooo fhuqking hard! The McClintock Effect has aligned Biological Clocks and the Red Sea "rages" unrelenting in it's accumulative "power".

Woot!

Judmam,

Why is it that in every pic,you've got your piehole puckered in position to suck a bowling ball through 50' of garden hose. Birth Defect? Or just "lucky"?!?

Who's peectures you plan on swiping next,beings your's just won't go the distance?!? Laughing!

Here's to the sweet "satisfactions" that must be your's,as you set puckered up on the outside looking in and just cain't ever make the cut.

Bless your heart and here's to your "best".

heavysquawker,

Book the DNA Testing today?

Laughing!

How many times on a given day,do you cite me? Couple/few thousand anyhow? The REM Tally would be plum fhuqking fascinating!

You really should enter yourself into The Guinness Book under Man Crush and be certain to accompany the submission with pics,then denote plainly,how Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Then say you "don't care" and "could too".

Congratulations?!?

fredrica,

Oh myyyyyyyyyyy...that is some real "serious" wares you've got there. Laughing!

"Datum" was a nice touch,for someone who cain't find 450fps. As per always,it's funnier than fhuqk to be regaled with how "real" your Imagination and it's Pretend,is to you.

Spill some more of them "particulars".

Laughing!..................

g',

I've never been around a Baby Sako 223AI before,say a leetle sumptin' about COAL latitude,in relation with the throat and twist rate. Hint. Pardon my 18" 5.56 Middie Krunchenticker,squirting the 68BTHP at the speeds you are "enjoying" outta your 26" Braked UBER Goat Fhuqk. Just sayin'.

See if'n you can pick it out. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Speakin' of 18"...I have it on good authority that C-Note squirts a 75A-Max kiss at 2.445" at 3050fps. If only in fairness AM mags will happily go to 2.550" as a minimum,if only cited elsewhere and yet still flying over your pointy head. Hint.

[Linked Image]

Mebbe say a leetle sumptin' too,in regards to how them Burris 4-16,6-24 and 8-32's(I've suffered 'em all) hold/retain zero,both in regards to ACTUAL use and something as mundane as zoom selector shifts. Then quip a smidge on the amazingly modest erector "travel" and laughable eye-relief. In no particular fhuqking order. Laughing!

You and The Twatly Trifecta oughtta align a Fall Fence Hop and really take humor to a whole 'nother level...by simply doing your best. Take lotsa pics and plagiarize as you must.

Don't forget the cat food for fredrica's Tabby.

Laughing!

Kudos on citing The Guided Rubbed Rat "Bear" as being a "mercy" killing.

Good Talk.

Wow +P++!!!.................

'nm,

How CLOSE have you come to shooting the Six-Bits Ultra that you've been posting pics of for months?

Thought so.

Hint.

scenar',

Judmam sucked that picture in offa the 'net,with her permanently affixed vaccuum lips and then "accidentally" took credit.

Do NOT slight how "real" Imagination and Pretend are to The Paper Hat Brigade and especially The Twatly Trifecta within.

FUNNY schit!...................

SuperKchunt,

Wowwwwww...that was CLOSE!

You "almost" nearly hung a pic that you didn't steal from another!

Almost.

steelhead,

I tend to rock Retro Old School when streamside,myself...as well as travel light.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Just how I roll.................(grin)

TC1,

Oh I doubt I consume much more than their every thought,every second of every day and fuel their Imaginations and collective Pretend,so they can feverishly plagiarize,imitate and "not care"...while they patiently await something for "free" as a Trump Card. As well as those of "their" kids and "Wives". Fairly fhuqking EPIC Humor(dat's what we in da' bidness call a "gross understatement")!

Bless their hearts.

I'm on the ropes.

Laughing!

Don't take much of a cast and then they'll start "telling" folks stuff,while obliviously reiterating the above and Hoppin' Fences.

"Luckily" for them,Imagination and Pretend ARE free!.................

'lx,

Don't fret it. With "only" a mounting system swap,scope swap,stock swap and barrel swap...you might could have sumptin'.

See...there's ALWAYS a bright side?!?

Laughing!

Mebbe if you PM Judmam,she'll give you some reloading "advice" and can tell you the name of fredrica's cat?!?

I just took a bow!..............

Don't you gals let fredrica's cat get your tongues,nor the couch your kchunts.

Keep on "hard charging" as only you Drooling Dumbfhuqks can!

Ohhhhhhhh soooooooooooo fhuqking WOW+P++++!....................

(Addendum: for a Twat)

fredrica,

You CLUELESS Kchunt...there's less than zero need for anyone to "get" you,if only because noone could begin to as accurately correlate what an AMAZING Dumbfhuqk you are,as well as you do. Hint.

Keep scouring the sidewalk for something "free" and PLEASE post a pic of your Cat.

Posted By: fredIII Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/13/15
Larry boy you really got me that time. laugh
Posted By: Judman Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/13/15
She's on a roll fredrica, she was a little quiet, must be on her "hitch" eating high carb food...

Laura, judging from the graduation "portrait" , you have a whole herd of mouth breathers!!! Lmfao.

PS, I didn't steal that one either, like scenars buddy's pic, it was sent to me, but your welcome to your imagination... congratulations??? Hola!!!!
Posted By: geedubya Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/13/15
B,

I think this should be your "anthem" or theme song.........

You and I have had the pleasure of going back and forth for quite a spell now. First on AR and then here. As sharp a guy as you are I sometime wonder whether you just don't get it or won' admit it. We don't travel the same path. Never have and never will.

I'm reminded of the story of the young man that was burning up the roads in his speedster. He passes a cop running radar doing about 40 mph above the speed limit. When the cop finally gets him pulled over and walks up the the driver's window he tells the young man, "Son, I've been waiting for someone just like you all day" The young man replies, "Officer, I got here as fast as I could."
By now you ought to realize that with me, it's not always about being the fastest or shooting the furthest. Never has been, never will be.

So with that in mind, here are multiple groups, some fire-forming loads as well as using formed brass...........

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[/IMG][/URL]
Posted By: geedubya Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/13/15
Each group was shot off a rest at a distance of 100 yds. at the Pearland Shooters’ Club range.
I had 222's and 223's and 22-250's and 220 swifts. However all were factory with slow twists. In the past I've not shot many hog or deer size critters with .224 bullest. I thought it might be fun to load bullets heavier that 55 grainers. If velocity was all I was interested in I could have always done a 224TTH.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

What I like about this rig is that its reasonably accurate, heavy enough, taken with the muzzle brake, you can see the impact of the bullet, and it shoots 36 grainers through 82 grainers to within 1/2" of the same POI. I like that a lot, and I got less than 12 Benjamins invested.

Best,

GWB
Posted By: 28lx Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/13/15

'lx,

Don't fret it. With "only" a mounting system swap,scope swap,stock swap and barrel swap...you might could have sumptin'.

See...there's ALWAYS a bright side?!?

Laughing!

Mebbe if you PM Judmam,she'll give you some reloading "advice" and can tell you the name of fredrica's cat?!?

I just took a +P++ in my cock holster ..............

[/quote]

No reason to do anything but swap out scope mounts but thanks anyway.
Posted By: Mohawk Re: Custom 257 Roberts - 07/13/15
Ya'

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

7MM-08 and 222 Mag

[Linked Image]
222 Rem, Riihimaki
L61R Varmint, 7Mag..

just for starters.

Best,

GWB

G,