Home
If you had the opportunity to go on 2 safari's: 1) a jurassic park safari and 2)an ice age safari. What big bore would you bring for each one and why.

Animals you will have to deal with include short-faced bears which are bears the size of elephants though not as heavy, sabre tooth tigers which are basically tigers the size of modern day grizzlies, Dire wolves - wolves that are the size of modern day lions, wooly mammoths and mastedons.

Some factors to consider:
- t-rex brain is the size of a walnut make a brain shot very difficult

In these scenario's lets pretend that you will not have anyone backing you up, no PH or guide or friend with another gun... just you by yourself.

I would probably end up getting a weatherby of some sort. Maybe a .416 weatherby or .460 weatherby.
Well since its a sci fi hunt id have to pick a freakin lazer blaster from star wars. Honesty this is the stupidest post since your chain mail post. Go away d bag
fishdog - let's not forget about setting our phasers on stun with a photon torpedo for backup! Regards, Homesteader.
I'm starting to think doucheboy is actually about 17 years old.

Please, oh please let this idiotic thread die.
Originally Posted by bluefish
I'm starting to think doucheboy is actually about 17 years old.

Please, oh please let this idiotic thread die.

Winner winner chicken dinner....
I would choose a .458 Polska Magnum.... It makes a really loud boom, but has umimpressive ballistics, and very little terminal effect.

Originally Posted by Polska
If you had the opportunity to go on 2 safari's: 1) a jurassic park safari and 2)an ice age safari. What big bore would you bring for each one and why.

Animals you will have to deal with include short-faced bears which are bears the size of elephants though not as heavy, sabre tooth tigers which are basically tigers the size of modern day grizzlies, Dire wolves - wolves that are the size of modern day lions, wooly mammoths and mastedons.

In these scenario's lets pretend that you will not have anyone backing you up, no PH or guide or friend with another gun... just you by yourself.

I would probably end up getting a weatherby of some sort. Maybe a .416 weatherby or .460 weatherby.

You answered your own question. The .460 Weatherby is the end of the road. I have shot these rifles more than anyone else and the .460 is the only choice. It is that good.

Ok, the theory is over, where do we get the tags?

John
No [bleep]* way did this thread come up.

Polska...there is only a FEW other members with this little to offer..
I think this would be a good way to learn about the limitations of different cartridges, bullets and rifles as well as different rifle. I think this is a good way to learn about big bores.
A good way to learn about big bores, is buy either of your chosen weatherbys...I say .460, as I have experience with it, and put a tasco, or bsa scope on it.

Hang on tight, and don't blink.
I think this would be a good way to learn about the limitations of different cartridges, bullets and rifles as well as different rifle. I think this is a good way to learn about big bores.

Yep lots of real world experience to be gained... Says it right there in the title.
Another good way to learn about big bores is to go out and kill things with one!
Polska, you are wasting space with these stupid posts. Buy some guns and stop posting garbage. You belong on a star wars forum.( No offense to star wars fans)
The Force Is Not Strong In This One, Methinks.
I'd say right about now we're due for some sort of ranting sausage talk.
Originally Posted by jimone
The Force Is Not Strong In This One, Methinks.
Thats kinda funny
When I was a child I spoke as a child! I also watched "Tom Corbett" in the SPACE CADETS on TV. When I became a man I started to hunt and I gave up foolish things!

Now I simply take a couple of my big bores and kill an animal or three. No science fiction Polska, the real McCoy when it comes to Big Bores or any other hunting. I think you should get yourself a guns and go hunt, instead of reading magazine articles about real hunters and places like Canada etc.
Having shot trees and rocks with steel jacketed FMJs in 458WM, I think I'm qualified to answer this question. smile

I would think nothing under 0.5 cal and definately solids. A 50BMG from a safe vantage point sounds promising too.

Maybe someone should get MythBusters to address this.
well then they can also dispell the myth of Polska while they're at it.
I think this post is the result of a young man spending too much time in his bedroom, smoking too many joints and watching too much of Jurassic Park and may be playing with himself too much.

Polska, you need to get out more its not good for a young lad doing these things all the time, maybe you should get a girlfriend....don't worry if she's a minger...you can up grade after a while, as long as she's willing. You can stick a bag over her head if need be. Better still get your self a MILF, that would do a young lad like you the world of good wink
Just remember to put somthing on the end of it....I don't think the world is ready yet for you to reproduce. wink
stay off the weed , it won't do your acne any good and leave your private parts alone , you will go blind! Don't watch scary films late at night. And have a glass of milk before bed time. You will be fine, no more nightmares about monsters.
And don't squeeze your spots ,you'll make em worse.
Just a bit of friendly advice! wink
.22RF
paul375 - regarding Polska: I don't think you've left a stone (no pun intended)un-turned in your advice. I thought his body armor posts were funny but the dinosaur's were off the hook. Asking questions, in prior posts, to increase one's technical knowledge is how we learn but ignoring good replies leaves me wondering... Regards, Homesteader.
Keep revolving your life around me and wasting your time writing childish posts.. my life goes on, unaffected.
Damn I thought youd got the not so subtle hint to get the hell out of here.... by the way have you ever shot a acctual big bore? Or killed anything?
Keep revolving your life around me and wasting your time writing childish posts.. my life goes on, unaffected.

You started the childish post in the first place.

As for life, get out there and live it. Make the most of it as it soon passes you by. Get off the X box and get out there, as there is a whole world of adventure for you. Make the most of your youth, young man, travel the world and learn from your experiance. Think of advice as a gift and be greatful to those who take the time to give advice and share their experiances with you. You never stop learning.
Drop the petulant adolesant and know it all attitude, and you will be treated with a little more respect.

Originally Posted by Homesteader
paul375 - regarding Polska: I don't think you've left a stone (no pun intended)un-turned in your advice. I thought his body armor posts were funny but the dinosaur's were off the hook. Asking questions, in prior posts, to increase one's technical knowledge is how we learn but ignoring good replies leaves me wondering... Regards, Homesteader.

Hi Homesteader,
I think he's just a young kid thats trying to make a bit of a mark for himself by trying to rub folks up the wrong way, maybe he gets a kick out of it.....teenage issues I think they call it....rebeling and all that.
He could do with some one taking the lad under wing and teaching a few things about hunting and life in general......but I don't think there would be a rush of folks volentering themselves.
Rebel with out a clue.
The best way to make him go away so we can all get back to business is to just IGNORE him.
Bluefish you are 100 percent correct!
paul375 - "Rebel without a clue"...nice turn of a phrase and on the mark too. Regards, Homesteader.
HAHAHAHA LOOK AT YOU LOSERS. SPENDING ALL YOUR TIME ON ME TO TRY TO INSULT ME. LOSERS!!!
Originally Posted by paul375

You started the childish post in the first place.

As for life, get out there and live it. Make the most of it as it soon passes you by. Get off the X box and get out there, as there is a whole world of adventure for you. Make the most of your youth, young man, travel the world and learn from your experiance. Think of advice as a gift and be greatful to those who take the time to give advice and share their experiances with you. You never stop learning.
Drop the petulant adolesant and know it all attitude, and you will be treated with a little more respect.

don't you have some irish and scottish people to rape and pillage? british dirtbag
have a nice life, fat boy. this is the end of the line for me.

out.
Originally Posted by bluefish
have a nice life, fat boy. this is the end of the line for me.

out.

I win, you lose... just because you spending all your time bashing me... get a life dude.
Originally Posted by fishdog
Damn I thought youd got the not so subtle hint to get the hell out of here.... by the way have you ever shot a acctual big bore? Or killed anything?

i'm not going anywhere, thinkg i'm gonna let some fat losers with nothing better to do but to bash people on the internet to intimidate me. I live my life every day, my life doesn't revolve around what someone posts on the internet.
So, since you are not easily intimidated,

what big game animals have you killed?
Yeah have you killed anything? Cause im pretty sure you still run to mommy and daddy and have them crush the big scarry spiders in the bathroom. I learned a long time ago that the more someone runs their mouth the more full of crap they are and You sausuge have a world class case of diarriah of the mouth.
I think the lad may have NPD.
Narcissistic personality disorder is characterized by dramatic, emotional behavior, in the same category as antisocial and borderline personality disorders.

Narcissistic personality disorder symptoms may include:

Believing that you're better than others
Fantasizing about power, success and attractiveness
Exaggerating your achievements or talents
Expecting constant praise and admiration
Believing that you're special and acting accordingly
Failing to recognize other people's emotions and feelings
Expecting others to go along with your ideas and plans
Taking advantage of others
Expressing disdain for those you feel are inferior
Being jealous of others
Believing that others are jealous of you
Trouble keeping healthy relationships
Setting unrealistic goals
Being easily hurt and rejected
Having a fragile self-esteem
Appearing as tough-minded or unemotional
Although some features of narcissistic personality disorder may seem like having confidence or strong self-esteem, it's not the same. Narcissistic personality disorder crosses the border of healthy confidence and self-esteem into thinking so highly of yourself that you put yourself on a pedestal. In contrast, people who have healthy confidence and self-esteem don't value themselves more than they value others.

When you have narcissistic personality disorder, you may come across as conceited, boastful or pretentious. You often monopolize conversations. You may belittle or look down on people you perceive as inferior. You may have a sense of entitlement. And when you don't receive the special treatment to which you feel entitled, you may become very impatient or angry. You may insist on having "the best" of everything � the best car, athletic club, medical care or social circles, for instance.

But underneath all this behavior often lies a fragile self-esteem. You have trouble handling anything that may be perceived as criticism. You may have a sense of secret shame and humiliation. And in order to make yourself feel better, you may react with rage or contempt and efforts to belittle the other person to make yourself appear better.

i'm not going anywhere, thinkg i'm gonna let some fat losers with nothing better to do but to bash people on the internet to intimidate me. I live my life every day, my life doesn't revolve around what someone posts on the internet. [/quote]
You should take a hint though. When everyone tells you your a dumb ass a smart man shut up or provide some proof they actually know what theyre talking about.
Yeah have you killed anything? Cause im pretty sure you still run to mommy and daddy and have them crush the big scarry spiders in the bathroom. I learned a long time ago that the more someone runs their mouth the more full of crap they are and You sausuge have a world class case of diarriah of the mouth.

I have killed, and killing does not make you a hunter. Give a man a gun, and he can kill with it... no matter who he is. Nobody is running mouth here except you and your friends. I speak few words, and your friends write paragraphs, it's shame they dont get a life, and so should you.

i'm not going anywhere, thinkg i'm gonna let some fat losers with nothing better to do but to bash people on the internet to intimidate me. I live my life every day, my life doesn't revolve around what someone posts on the internet.

You should take a hint though. When everyone tells you your a dumb ass a smart man shut up or provide some proof they actually know what theyre talking about.[/quote]

i'm gonna waste my time "proving" to people on internet? who have no life but to sit on an internet chat room and spend all their nights on it.
I think the lad may have NPD.
Narcissistic personality disorder is characterized by dramatic, emotional behavior, in the same category as antisocial and borderline personality disorders.

Narcissistic personality disorder symptoms may include:

Believing that you're better than others
Fantasizing about power, success and attractiveness
Exaggerating your achievements or talents
Expecting constant praise and admiration
Believing that you're special and acting accordingly
Failing to recognize other people's emotions and feelings
Expecting others to go along with your ideas and plans
Taking advantage of others
Expressing disdain for those you feel are inferior
Being jealous of others
Believing that others are jealous of you
Trouble keeping healthy relationships
Setting unrealistic goals
Being easily hurt and rejected
Having a fragile self-esteem
Appearing as tough-minded or unemotional
Although some features of narcissistic personality disorder may seem like having confidence or strong self-esteem, it's not the same. Narcissistic personality disorder crosses the border of healthy confidence and self-esteem into thinking so highly of yourself that you put yourself on a pedestal. In contrast, people who have healthy confidence and self-esteem don't value themselves more than they value others.

When you have narcissistic personality disorder, you may come across as conceited, boastful or pretentious. You often monopolize conversations. You may belittle or look down on people you perceive as inferior. You may have a sense of entitlement. And when you don't receive the special treatment to which you feel entitled, you may become very impatient or angry. You may insist on having "the best" of everything — the best car, athletic club, medical care or social circles, for instance.

But underneath all this behavior often lies a fragile self-esteem. You have trouble handling anything that may be perceived as criticism. You may have a sense of secret shame and humiliation. And in order to make yourself feel better, you may react with rage or contempt and efforts to belittle the other person to make yourself appear better.

Actually i know I am better, and my self esteem is and always was high. and my will power is unshakeable. But I get most my strength from Jesus Christ and his only church the Roman Catholic church, maybe you should go to church and pray... or is your ego too big to bow down to someone or something else?

You should take a hint though. When everyone tells you your a dumb ass a smart man shut up or provide some proof they actually know what theyre talking about.[/quote]

dude, i know you think you think you are one step ahead and your fancy talk can intimidate me, but I see right thru you... i'm one step ahead.
Polska's sane and every one else is crazy!
Narcissistic personality disorder at its best.
Straight jacket and padded cell needed.
Cause you cant prove anything. Dude youve asked for advice and had experts tell you that your an idiot yet you keep on the same path. That right there should tell you that your one screwwed up cookie, but know your the genius. As to posting about your dumbass all night i work at night and need some comic releif when its slow.
Cause you cant prove anything. Dude youve asked for advice and had experts tell you that your an idiot yet you keep on the same path. That right there should tell you that your one screwwed up cookie, but know your the genius. As to posting about your dumbass all night i work at night and need some comic releif when its slow.

exactly, now get the [bleep] off my thread [bleep]
Polska's sane and every one else is crazy!
Narcissistic personality disorder at its best.
Straight jacket and padded cell needed.

go rape and pillage some irish and scottish... real honorable people you brits are
I WIN. YOU ALL FAIL. I'M THE MAN... YOU ALL LOSE
Rantings of a mad man

exactly, now get the [bleep] off my thread [bleep] [/quote]

So you insulted the english man by calling him a murduring racist and now you making a homophobic slur towards me. You need to quit. Sit back and go hunting learn some by doing instead of making stupid posts about hunting dinosours.
Honourable British people, we the only ones to stand against the murdering Nazi's that invaded Poland in 1939. My home town was home to the Carpathian Lancers and also my home county to Polish (RAF) Bomber and fighter squadrons as well as home to the Polish Parachute Brigade who went into Arnhem.
On remeberance Sundays, there are representative from the Polish armed services as well as Commenwealth and British armed services. I always go to these services to remember and pay my respect to those who have fought for freedom.
Through out our county there are memorials to Polish, Chezch,French,Dutch, Canadian, U.S.,Australian, New Zealand, South African,Rhodisian and British who all fought from the U.K.
Yes we are an honourable lot.

What a douchephuck....
Poor little half-wit Sausage.

Barking mad, this guy is a grade one nut case.
Guys after seeing these rantings we need to ignore the Polska I seriously fthink he may be a threat to him self or others.
Rick...time to press the eject button..grins
Fishdog, I guess your right, I would feel really bad, if if he murdered all of his school mates, you know another Columbine .
I don't think anyone would be too phased if he did any harm to himself..........
He will be home from school soon, so expect megga rants as he spits his dummy out again.
I just see this lonley, pale faced skinny kid, with no friends ,that spends all of his time in his dingy bedroom, sitting on the bed , dressed in black tactical gear, throwing Ninja stars at his bedroom door...........

You definitely climaxed on that one....

Just remember to clean up with a tissue. Sticky keyboard and all....
I am thinking that I am going to have to agree with you guys. I have never "IGNORED" someone, as I can agree to disagree or just not pay attention to what they write. But this is beyond simply disagreeing. I think that in a weird, twisted way that I don't understand, we are actually encouraging him.
Trolling, trolling, trolling. Keep them dogeys trolling, RAWHIDE!

Just as a side note, the subject has been written about in SciFi. The story is: �A Gun for Dinosaur� By L. Sprague de Camp.

Here is a link to the actual story:

http://baencd.thefifthimperium.com/...urned%20Upside%20Down/0743498747___8.htm

It�s a fun read.
Don't post stuff like that, Polska may come back.
"just when you thought it was safe to go in the water" and all that.....

A good way for you to learn something, is by doing.

Go away, do, and come back when your balls drop and your brain works.

Neither are likely to happen, so just GTFO.

Barking mad, this guy is a grade one nut case.

fail
Originally Posted by UncleJake

epic fail
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

A good way for you to learn something, is by doing.

Go away, do, and come back when your balls drop and your brain works.

Neither are likely to happen, so just GTFO.

fail
Polska jest op�zniony idiota, kt�ry musi byc jeszcze w szkole i mama pozwala mu na komputerze, niestety dla nas, czlonk�w ognisku ..

Zgubic sie przerzucaniem troll!

Tom264 - despite my attending a Polish Catholic school in Brooklyn (many looong moons ago)...what you've written should not be repeated in mixed company. No matter the language a butt reaming is a butt reaming. LOL Homesteader
Unbelievable thread; simply unbelievable. Dinosaur safari...

Priceless stuff.
Yes, addressing the topic of this thread has died (gone extinct? smirk ) but it's somewhat entertaining none the less.
Actually I saw a dinosaur hunt on telly once. The big tough hunter carried a Butch Search double in 600 Nitro.
Originally Posted by UncleJake

epic fail

Sorry everyone. I was going to leave it alone, but I just couldn't help it when I read this response by him.....

Who says, "epic fail" the only people I heard saying that were highschool and middle school age kids years back. It's old, worn out, annoying, and childish. It's not a valid response.

I don't know if Polska is nuts. I think he's just a kid that doesn't know how to respond to criticism yet or debate. If he was an adult, then I would say he has some issues to deal with.
My son ran an NEF switch-barrel in .22 lr on his wooly mammoth hunt:

[Linked Image]
Lucky it didn't charge him... grin
what will polska come out with next.... big bores for shooting creatures from Starwars?
I must admit (and hate to do so), as clinincaly insane as Ploska is, he does make me smile with his crazy out look on life and insane waffeling nonsense.
He does liven the place up.
And lets face it , every village needs an idiot....bless him!
Paul375 - the POLSKA saga continues...just check out his antics on his "338/375Ruger" post. Best laffs for the money since Abbott & Costello's "Who's on first..." Regards, Homesteader.
Paul375 - the POLSKA saga continues...just check out his antics on his "338/375Ruger" post. Best laffs for the money since Abbott & Costello's "Who's on first..." Regards, Homesteader.
HenryVIII had a court jester or court fool called Will Sommers.......we have Polska.......
One may conceptualize fools in two camps: those of the natural fool type and those of the licensed fool type. Whereas the natural fool was seen as innately nit-witted, moronic, or mad, the licensed fool was given leeway by permission of the court. In other words, both were excused, to some extent, for their behavior, the first because he "couldn't help it," and the second by decree.
You just need to work out which one we have......shouldn't be hard to do!
paul375 - may I suggest a third type? The "run amok, loose cannon on heaving deck" kind. Wonder what a six foot plus, 285 pound court jester would look like? Regards, Homesteader.
paul375 - may I suggest a third type? The "run amok, loose cannon on heaving deck" kind. Wonder what a six foot plus, 285 pound court jester would look like? Regards, Homesteader.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va

[Linked Image]
Nice juggies.............

sounds like the stuff nightmares are made of shocked
paul375 - "...stuff of nightmares..." Nah, could be worse. Just imagine this guy in snug green tights, yellow jumper and that funny jester hat! Oh, and playing a tamburine... That's a nightmare! LOL Regards, Homesteader.

It's too bad there you are on the receiving end of so much harshness of tone to your questions. But some of your own replies back - indicate that you bear at least some of the responsibility for the tone you get back in reply to your many and varied questions about those powerful cartridges you seem to be so enamored with. Even at your age, you have proven you can "give and take" - over the internet - with your elders. But, as you probably have noticed - people's patience is wearing thin.

Does everyone forget what it's like to be young - and to dream? Or, is it just case of reading one too many cyber-hunting posts from one inquirer? When I was a young lad (a very young lad) - I too pondered questions to my own mentors - much like the ones you frequently ask. Just as little bit, mind you.

Now, for the Short Faced bears, I'd go with a Model 85 Sako Stainless Synthetic in 375 H&H. The reason for this, is the climate was much warmer back then - and with no guide or back-up present - and since I'd be alone, I'd want to be packing a light rifle - and the Model 85's 7lb weight is lighter than almost every other manufacturers 375's. Without a guide, the fact you have five shots available - and a magazine that can be swapped in just seconds, for another full one, just adds icing to the cake. I'd be shooting 270 grain Barnes TSX's. Since most experts agree this is adequate for elephants, I'd opine this combo would be just fine with all of the other game you mentioned, including the Dire Wolves, the Mastodons, the Mammoths and the Sabretooths too.

The Tyrannosaurus Rex with it's walnut sized brain - is another reason I would want a rifle with a detachable magazine when hunting alone. If a person was unable to hit that small brain - at least he could keep firing - to keep it at bay - it wouldbe a great comfort if extra magazines could be kept in one's pockets - full and ready to go. The relatively light recoil of the 375 H&H (compared to larger rounds) would add to the ability to quickly get off all of the follow up shots needed - while still being adequate for the job.

You see - in spite of my years, I can still imagine. smile

Personally I'm much more intrigued with the rifle's to buy and own for future hunting. You see, soon everything is going to change. Fantasy will become reality - even if it's just hunting squirrels.

We are now raising a generation of young folks who's main form of interaction with the rest of the world is through the internet. There, fantasy mixes with reality, actual expertise mixes with book knowledge, and while many of this generation spend time pondering the imponderable - many of the older farts are too busy actually spending time out in the wilderness, actually experiencing what the real world (as opposed to the cyber-world) has to offer to get very interested in fantasy.

Since you've joined this forum, I have read your many thought-provoking posts. But, and I might be wrong about this, you appear to be stuck in the fantasy world of cyber-hunting and cyber-shooting - without actually getting involved in the real thing. This is sign that appears to be fairly easy to read.

You like guns, I get that. You like imagining scenarios about using really big guns, really big cartridges and for that matter, on really big game - I get all of that too. I was once young.

BUT - it's time for the rubber to hit the road, it's time to sh*t or get off the pot, it's time to get off the computer, go buy an actual rifle (any make and any caliber you choose - just to get started), get to a real rifle range and to shoot it - and then post pictures of your new rifle, your targets, your day at the range - and hopefully about your first treks into the woods alone. Post your photos, talk about your actual real-world experiences and then share your insights - and then ask questions. Real-world questions - based on your experiences.

But please, please, please - no more cyber-questions, no more fantasy, no more other-worldly "what if's". This is actually a real forum - for real shooters. It's an adult forum, but almost every adult likes helping young people - if (and it's a big IF) they feel your are a real shooter or hunter - as opposed to just a cyber-shooter or cyber hunter playing games in cyber-space. There are too many real shooters and hunters who need help as it is.

It's time to start being a real-world hunter - or, at the very least, a real-world shooter.

With the very first paycheck that I ever earned in my life (about 40 years ago) - I went to the store and bought a Model 70 Deluxe rifle in 300 Winchester Magnum. Before that year was over I had shot four different species of big game (a Mule Deer, a White tailed Deer, a Moose and a Black bear) with that rifle, all with no one at my side, alone in the woods. I had graduated from thinking about rifles - to actually using them. The time for my fantasizing was over - the time for my learning had begun.

I'm not unique.

This forum is filled with hunters who have done much much more than I ever will or could ever hope to do. There are many around here that I look to for advice - even after hunting for more than 40 years. Many here are accomplished re-loaders, shooters and hunters. Not in the cyber-world mind you - but in the real world. There is a wealth of real-world information available here. There is much expertise available if readers sense that your questions are based on actual shooting and hunting.

It's still not to late for you. But you are on borrowed time - many of the responses to your inquiries of late, should indicate that to you. Hope springs eternal though - but the levee is low and the water is rising.

If you start showing us your real rifles, talk about your real shooting, real hunting experiences and asking the old-timers about real problems you've encountered while out in the real world - I'm sure you'll notice a whole different tone on this forum in answer to your inquiries.

When I was a child - I delighted in childish things.

I am no longer a child.

I sincerely hope that we will soon be answering questions concerning your ACTUAL experiences - out there in the REAL world. You know, the world that exists - OUTSIDE. wink
BTT. I found this searching around. Wow. WTF did yhis guy come from?
Please...,Let sleeping dogs lie....
I miss Polska, and his dipschittery....
I wonder if this guy is TRH's son or brother?
Let's see, in the '60s I read a book "A Gun for a Dinosaur" by Sprague De Camp about a time travel hunt and "have enough gun" was an integral part of the story. Ray Bradbury wrote a short story for Collier's about the same time called "Sound of Thunder" I think. It was made into a time travel safari movie a few years ago warning of the "butterfly" affect and altering the time space continuum. A while back Outdoor Life had a short article on "Guns for Dinosaurs" or something like that. Since I read the De Camp book in college the thought had always intrigued me, hey childhood musings never really go away.
I'll give you that. But a quick search of Polska's posts shows that he is severely off kilter from sane
Originally Posted by estacado
Let's see, in the '60s I read a book "A Gun for a Dinosaur" by Sprague De Camp about a time travel hunt and "have enough gun" was an integral part of the story. Ray Bradbury wrote a short story for Collier's about the same time called "Sound of Thunder" I think. It was made into a time travel safari movie a few years ago warning of the "butterfly" affect and altering the time space continuum. A while back Outdoor Life had a short article on "Guns for Dinosaurs" or something like that. Since I read the De Camp book in college the thought had always intrigued me, hey childhood musings never really go away.

as both a dinosaur and gun nut of course ive got this book on my shelf laugh

[Linked Image]
http://www.amazon.com/Rexgun-Stephe..._0?ie=UTF8&qid=1392972155&sr=1-4
Bumpola
© 24hourcampfire