Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
If you had the opportunity to go on 2 safari's: 1) a jurassic park safari and 2)an ice age safari. What big bore would you bring for each one and why.

Animals you will have to deal with include short-faced bears which are bears the size of elephants though not as heavy, sabre tooth tigers which are basically tigers the size of modern day grizzlies, Dire wolves - wolves that are the size of modern day lions, wooly mammoths and mastedons.

Some factors to consider:
- t-rex brain is the size of a walnut make a brain shot very difficult

In these scenario's lets pretend that you will not have anyone backing you up, no PH or guide or friend with another gun... just you by yourself.

I would probably end up getting a weatherby of some sort. Maybe a .416 weatherby or .460 weatherby.

Last edited by Polska; 06/21/11.

Jeszcze Polska nie zginela kiedy my zyjemy,co nam obca przemoc wziela szabla odbierzemy.

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
GB1

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Well since its a sci fi hunt id have to pick a freakin lazer blaster from star wars. Honesty this is the stupidest post since your chain mail post. Go away d bag

Last edited by fishdog; 06/21/11.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
fishdog - let's not forget about setting our phasers on stun with a photon torpedo for backup! Regards, Homesteader.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
I'm starting to think doucheboy is actually about 17 years old.

Please, oh please let this idiotic thread die.

The way life should be.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bluefish
I'm starting to think doucheboy is actually about 17 years old.

Please, oh please let this idiotic thread die.

Winner winner chicken dinner....
I would choose a .458 Polska Magnum.... It makes a really loud boom, but has umimpressive ballistics, and very little terminal effect.

IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Polska
If you had the opportunity to go on 2 safari's: 1) a jurassic park safari and 2)an ice age safari. What big bore would you bring for each one and why.

Animals you will have to deal with include short-faced bears which are bears the size of elephants though not as heavy, sabre tooth tigers which are basically tigers the size of modern day grizzlies, Dire wolves - wolves that are the size of modern day lions, wooly mammoths and mastedons.

Some factors to consider:
- t-rex brain is the size of a walnut make a brain shot very difficult

In these scenario's lets pretend that you will not have anyone backing you up, no PH or guide or friend with another gun... just you by yourself.

I would probably end up getting a weatherby of some sort. Maybe a .416 weatherby or .460 weatherby.

You answered your own question. The .460 Weatherby is the end of the road. I have shot these rifles more than anyone else and the .460 is the only choice. It is that good.

Ok, the theory is over, where do we get the tags?

John

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No [bleep]* way did this thread come up.

Polska...there is only a FEW other members with this little to offer..

MK
Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I think this would be a good way to learn about the limitations of different cartridges, bullets and rifles as well as different rifle. I think this is a good way to learn about big bores.

Jeszcze Polska nie zginela kiedy my zyjemy,co nam obca przemoc wziela szabla odbierzemy.

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A good way to learn about big bores, is buy either of your chosen weatherbys...I say .460, as I have experience with it, and put a tasco, or bsa scope on it.

Hang on tight, and don't blink.

MK
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Polska
I think this would be a good way to learn about the limitations of different cartridges, bullets and rifles as well as different rifle. I think this is a good way to learn about big bores.

Yep lots of real world experience to be gained... Says it right there in the title.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Another good way to learn about big bores is to go out and kill things with one!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Polska, you are wasting space with these stupid posts. Buy some guns and stop posting garbage. You belong on a star wars forum.( No offense to star wars fans)

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The Force Is Not Strong In This One, Methinks.

There is no retreat but in submission and slavery!
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
I'd say right about now we're due for some sort of ranting sausage talk.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jimone
The Force Is Not Strong In This One, Methinks.
Thats kinda funny

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When I was a child I spoke as a child! I also watched "Tom Corbett" in the SPACE CADETS on TV. When I became a man I started to hunt and I gave up foolish things!

Now I simply take a couple of my big bores and kill an animal or three. No science fiction Polska, the real McCoy when it comes to Big Bores or any other hunting. I think you should get yourself a guns and go hunt, instead of reading magazine articles about real hunters and places like Canada etc.

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

UNIONS BUILDING AMERICA, SALUTE ALL THE UNION TRADESMAN

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Having shot trees and rocks with steel jacketed FMJs in 458WM, I think I'm qualified to answer this question. smile

I would think nothing under 0.5 cal and definately solids. A 50BMG from a safe vantage point sounds promising too.

Maybe someone should get MythBusters to address this.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
well then they can also dispell the myth of Polska while they're at it.

The way life should be.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I think this post is the result of a young man spending too much time in his bedroom, smoking too many joints and watching too much of Jurassic Park and may be playing with himself too much.

Polska, you need to get out more its not good for a young lad doing these things all the time, maybe you should get a girlfriend....don't worry if she's a minger...you can up grade after a while, as long as she's willing. You can stick a bag over her head if need be. Better still get your self a MILF, that would do a young lad like you the world of good wink
Just remember to put somthing on the end of it....I don't think the world is ready yet for you to reproduce. wink
stay off the weed , it won't do your acne any good and leave your private parts alone , you will go blind! Don't watch scary films late at night. And have a glass of milk before bed time. You will be fine, no more nightmares about monsters.
And don't squeeze your spots ,you'll make em worse.
Just a bit of friendly advice! wink

Last edited by paul375; 06/22/11.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
.22RF

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 222ND, 257Bob, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 2500HD, 58 invisible), 2,465 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,906
Posts18,518,578
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.