Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Wasn't there a thread here about his guy a few years ago getting convicted of something? Anyone have a link?

Poachers fined, Trustfund benefits
For Immediate Release

2008ENV0036-000478

April 4, 2008
Ministry of Environment

TWO MEN ORDERED TO PAY $8,750 FOR WILDLIFE OFFENCES

MACKENZIE � B.C. resident Bryan Martin and Alberta resident Mark Greenlee pleaded guilty to Wildlife Act offences in a Mackenzie courtroom last week.

Martin was charged with knowingly making a false statement to a conservation officer. Greenlee was charged with hunting big game while not a resident, knowingly making a false statement to a conservation officer and unlawful possession of wildlife.

Both men received fines and were ordered to pay penalties totalling $8,750. Greenlee was ordered to pay $3,750 and Martin was ordered to pay $5,000. The Habitat Conservation Trust Fund will receive $8,500 of the penalties paid.

In addition to the monetary penalties, Greenlee has been ordered not to hunt in B.C. for a period of two years and to forfeit the seized wildlife (a grizzly bear, mountain goat and a caribou).

This investigation resulted from an inspection on a guide outfitter camp located in northern B.C., near the Kemess mine. The Mackenzie Conservation Officer Service determined a number of documents had been altered with regard to the wildlife harvested.

The maximum penalty for a first offence conviction under the B.C. Wildlife Act is $50,000 or imprisonment for a term of six months, or both.

The B.C. government will introduce changes this spring to the Wildlife Act that will include tough new penalties to prevent and punish poaching and killing of endangered species

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bryan Martin enuff said...

The best thing that everyone can do is to not support these outfitters. There are enough decent ones out there!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That guys been busted before....Should deport his poaching ass back to the states.Actually the more I read about these outhousefitters the more I'd like to see B.C closed to forgein hunters..

You want to hunt here you should pay taxes here is how I see it..
A.K.A residents only...

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Bryan Martin is an American who, I was forcefully told here about two years ago, ...is living his dream in B.C... and this is NOT his first go-'round with the Wildlife Act. He has guided several big name American gun writers within the past several years and is a real favourite with that crowd.

He has written a colume in backpack hunting gear for one of the glossy hunting mags and is, it would appear, highly thought of by many American backpack hunters. He may not yet realize it, but, he is going to get the boot from the GO business here as some of us have had ENOUGH of this kind of crap.

ONLY native-born Canadians should be allowed to hold Guide-Outfitter territories, licences and the same with Assistant Guide Licences, period. I am sick and tired of some foreigner telling me where I can hunt in MY COUNTRY, as one German did some years ago....my reaction was NOT friendly.

Too many immigrants and foreigners involved in B.C. hunting, now and IT IS GOING TO STOP!!!!!

Bryan Martin go home, we don't want you or your kind in B.C.!!!!!

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
So does anyone have an article describing the first offense? IIRC, it was hunting illegally on a resident lic?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lighten up, plenty of Canadians have committed crimes in the US. If you have problems with it, contact your polatician.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ULA24
Lighten up, plenty of Canadians have committed crimes in the US. If you have problems with it, contact your polatician.

[bleep] that.......Kick his ass outta here and be done with it...Why waste money and [bleep] around...Get out IMMIGRANT THIEF is the way it should be viewed by us Canadians...

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Martin was convicted in Smithers in July, 2006, IIRC, of other offences concerning residency requirements and this was told to me by CO Kevin Wyatt there in a phone call.

Another GO in the north, from Texas, has a VERY shady "rep"with a number of others in the business and I will not post his name for obvious reasons. There WAS an incident where he pointed a rifle at some local hunters when they tried to stay in an old cabin on CROWN LAND, as he wanted to bunk his American hunters there. I have not heard what the outcome of this was, but, several people I trust in the business warned me about him....one was involved with HBC, you know who I mean.

SO, this is becoming an increasingly severe problem as MANY of the best Stone's Sheep outfits ARE American owned and use "frontmen".....time to eliminate this from B.C. by legislation, asap. I am just waiting until the new "Wildlife Act" is published and then we will begin the political lobbying to end this travesty.

I would LIKE to see Martin do a stretch of "two years less a day"in Prince George Regional....THEN kick his azz back to Oregon.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Kute they'd kill him in there...The Natives would bash his skull in, within a week or less...

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Come on , your giving Prince George a bad name smile .

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It lends itself to that all by itself.......

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Keep spreading the word , it helps maintain all the good hunting for the local folks up here.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I agree.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So where's Greenhorn?????

He had his panties all in a bunch the last go round, when Brian Martin was called out as a poachin Mofo.

5k for a second offence is a joke......

RO

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Sounds like he was caught poaching in my hunting grounds , grrrr.He could at least have the courtesay to leave me those nice MR packs he has.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ULA24

And they should be convicted of a crime and punted out of the USA.

What is your point?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Actually if you do crime in the US, you will do the time before you are punted and never to return. The small fine payed isn't much of a deterrent when he pulls in 200,000 dollars a year for hunting. The laws are to lax and should be ammended. He should receive the maximum sentence for sure if he is a repeat offender.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It doesn't much matter whether it is a resident or a carpetbagger, anyone with such a total lack of ethics and integrity should have the building dropped on their heads. They are a stench in the nostrils of any honest man,hunter or not.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well said ET,

but I find myself in agreement with my neighbors, if you want to run a business in a country or province/state, you should be a resident of said state, especially when it has to do with a resource housed of said state or province.

doesn't completely eliminate the problem, but it's a step in the correct direction imo, most folks aren't as inclined to defecate in their own backyard and just leave the mess lay.

profits generated by the exploitation or harvest if it makes you feel better by a finite resource should for the most part stay where the resource is housed.

I don't blame Canadians for being upset about it, unethical hunters give us all a bad name. Unethical hunters that are there as a "guest" only rubs salt into the wound.

if the situation was reversed and Alaska had a rogue Canadian outfitter, I'd be even more incensed by his lack of ethics.

Sorry Canadians, for the actions of one of our countrymen.

I hope you realize that most Americans see you as a neighbor and not a colony.

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

99 members (35, 44mc, 7887mm08, 7x57Hunter, Algotguns, Akhutr, 5 invisible), 1,463 guests, and 930 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,415
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.