Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I sent an email to S&W requesting the folding carbine in .45 to go with my M&P .45

The Ruger looks like fun though

Last edited by BMT; 03/25/24.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
GB1

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
My PC-9 has been really great in functionality and accuracy. I would prefer one without the super tactical forearm and just give it a more traditional stock and forearm like mine. I didn’t watch the whole thing but maybe they already have that configuration.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Garandimal
Originally Posted by K1500
I’ve been tempted by some of these but don’t see what they do that a 5.56 doesn’t do better, except save on ammo costs. Maybe that’s enough.

Startin' w/ a low pressure, large caliber subsonic pistol cartridge, and then runnin' it down a 16" Bbl?

Got to be a lot friendlier to shoot w/o earpro, especially in enclosed spaces, than a 5.56 NATO carbine.

My thought.

GR

There is a way to quiet down a 5.56mm AR carbine.

But that does add expense.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I’ve been tempted by some of these but don’t see what they do that a 5.56 doesn’t do better, except save on ammo costs. Maybe that’s enough.

Startin' w/ a low pressure, large caliber subsonic pistol cartridge, and then runnin' it down a 16" Bbl?

Got to be a lot friendlier to shoot w/o earpro, especially in enclosed spaces, than a 5.56 NATO carbine.

My thought.

GR

Yep, a primary consideration for me, most bird watching is done with your ears. At the ranges I’m likely to need for home defense, pistol cartridges would likely suffice.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The Ruger in 45 is on my radar. I may well end up with one soon.

If interested in something in 9mm I will highly recommend this Smith & Wesson.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/product/fpc

Weight is just over 5 lbs unloaded/unscoped. It folds in half to just over 16" and will fit in a small pack.

I put a Holosun dot sight on mine and it puts 5 rounds right at 2" at 100 yards. It takes M&P magazines and comes with two 23 round and one 17 round mags. There are storage compartments for 2 spare mags in the stock. With 63 rounds of ammo onboard and the dot sight it's a bit over 8 lbs.

I paid exactly $700 OTD.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by JMR40
The Ruger in 45 is on my radar. I may well end up with one soon.

If interested in something in 9mm I will highly recommend this Smith & Wesson.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/product/fpc

Weight is just over 5 lbs unloaded/unscoped. It folds in half to just over 16" and will fit in a small pack.

I put a Holosun dot sight on mine and it puts 5 rounds right at 2" at 100 yards. It takes M&P magazines and comes with two 23 round and one 17 round mags. There are storage compartments for 2 spare mags in the stock. With 63 rounds of ammo onboard and the dot sight it's a bit over 8 lbs.

I paid exactly $700 OTD.

That’s interesting

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Jeffrey

My thought.

GR

From a reloading standpoint, the 45 will sip powder and if you shoot cast in it, be very economical to shoot.

That's what I'm thinking. Cast powder coated 230s or so flat round noses at about 1050 fps. I want one. I wish it were just a bit lighter for my kids to use too. Big enough bullet I don't have to worry about expansion and enough power to carry in a bear area.

Bb

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

My thought.

GR

There is a way to quiet down a 5.56mm AR carbine.

But that does add expense.

Who makes the quietest can, John?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

My thought.

GR

Yep, a primary consideration for me, most bird watching is done with your ears. At the ranges I’m likely to need for home defense, pistol cartridges would likely suffice.

Funny.

My dad and his buddies, after a lifetime of shooting/chainsaws/dirt bikes/jet engines - use to sit out in the yard and laugh at the stupid birds, movin' their beaks and makin' a fuss, without sayin' anything.

GR

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 50 invisible), 2,423 guests, and 1,320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,664
Posts18,474,697
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.