Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cotis
Not Stick (thank goodness), but purchased one of Tract's big boys when they first came out during Covtard. It is massive, heavy, built like a tank, and a hell of a nice scope....

The one I’ve been drooling over goes 27oz, too much to tote around, but okay on my fat-barreled AR, which is already an anvil. Gotta let the smoke clear from some other notions I pursued though……

What fresh Hell is this?
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
High Velocity ammo,is the worst thing you can do to yourself,with LR Rimfire. Firstly,you don't want to break and then pass back through the Sonic Barrier. Secondly,BC and consistency matter wayyyyyyy more than a bunch. Hint.

Give the aforementioned Winny fodder(junk) a 200fps head start at the muzzle,over say some Eley EPS and the "slower" Eley will kick its ass. That in both Accuracy/Precision,ES/SD and wind drift. 500yd full value 10mph drift is 119" for the W/W and 84.7" for the Eley. Hint.

I tend to set up my LR Rimfires with 40+ Mil's of available erector from a 50yd zero and then obviously 10 or more on the windshield. Typically that's 75 MOA of inclination. Hint.

Just sayin'................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Big Stick
High Velocity ammo,is the worst thing you can do to yourself,with LR Rimfire. Firstly,you don't want to break and then pass back through the Sonic Barrier. Secondly,BC and consistency matter wayyyyyyy more than a bunch. Hint.

Give the aforementioned Winny fodder(junk) a 200fps head start at the muzzle,over say some Eley EPS and the "slower" Eley will kick its ass. That in both Accuracy/Precision,ES/SD and wind drift. 500yd full value 10mph drift is 119" for the W/W and 84.7" for the Eley. Hint.

I tend to set up my LR Rimfires with 40+ Mil's of available erector from a 50yd zero and then obviously 10 or more on the windshield. Typically that's 75 MOA of inclination. Hint.

Just sayin'................

I shoot my 22 @ 100yds maybe 2x-3x per year, usually just to confirm zero prior to our winter club match. I was mostly pointing out that shooting a 22LR past a football field starts to use up travel pretty fast, that's all. My 22's primarily for small furry ground-dwellers and broken chips of clay pigeons on our 100yd backstop.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I like to know the capabilities of a platform and everything below "zero" on an erector,is 100% worthless. Hint.

Few platforms will reveal so much,so fast,as LR Rimfire Pursuits with World Class wares. I've a herd that will get me to 700yds+ and nothing else begins to approach the fun. Hint.

I've yet to suffer a scope that had "too much" erector travel,or tracked, held zero and repeated "too well". I patiently await the plight. Hint................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Lol John "i only threaten to hunt people down when I drink NyQuil" Burns

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Darryle
I am waiting for this to be released, don't need assurance from these window likken ftards

[Linked Image from texashuntingforum.com]
Very nice!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I well remember when The TRACT Monkeys arrived and had the cart so fhuqking far in front of the horse,that it was fhuqking hilarious! Hint.

Frost same will bullschit claims and Goat Fhuqked feature sets,rather than roll the good stuff LOW already had going,was/is plum fhuqking amazing.Hint.

Today was yet another LOW Day,amongst others. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Too bad Reupold can't take a fhuqking hint and build something worth a fhuqk,by simply stamping their name on LOW wares. Hint.

Plum flattering,how I consume EVERY thought of Squirms and just how many times a day she thinks about me...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............
Interested to see what you think about that 4HD

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm awaiting a pard's arrival this late afternoon,then it's a matter of setting him up with new Feesh Riggin',then pounding on Chrome. Hint.

I only took 4wks off,so should be able to coordinate time with the weather. Doing my Rain Dance now and it's working. Hint...................(grin)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Prepare for 10 pages of insults and words that are not really words lol
It's the way of the 'Stick. But, he's our Stick. The guy knows some things but be prepared for a potpourri of insults and "hints". Interesting question. 69 do you have a link to the scope you are looking at ??

kwg
Oh, he knows some things alright....as does Joe Biden.
If he only knew 1/10 of what he thinks he knows he would be at the 5th grade level.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by 69sportfury
Originally Posted by kwg020
69 do you have a link to the scope you are looking at ?? kwg

https://tractoptics.com/toric-4-25x50-34mm-mrad-elr-rifle-scope

Yes, I realize I'm opening a can of worms but if you can wade through the language and insults, there's a HINT of information to occasionally be found.

The reality is, maybe an ARKEN EP5 would do 99.9% of what I probably need it to do. I'd rather buy something I wanted, vs settling.

I can get a 20% discount on the scope, so around 1200.00. Although I'd like to find a clean used one for some additional savings. Pretty positive reviews on youtube, but don't put a lot of faith in things that may be paid advertisements vs real world use.

I have that Tract scope. Like it quite a bit. It has a ton of adjustment range, so it spent most of its time with me on an accurate 22LR boltgun shooting at plates fairly far out. I did spend quite a significant amount of time shooting off of barricades, tripods, tires, etc. It was fairly easy to use and keep the sight picture for positional training. Optically, it looks quite good and keep the image quality within about 60% of the travel with minimum degradation. All scopes start losing image quality as you get further away from optical center and this one is not an exception. Thankfully, that is mostly restricted to the edges, so it has not been a hindrance.

Arken EP5 is OK if you get one that works. Anecdotally, the odds of that are in the 60% to 70% range. About a third of them seem to have something or other wrong.

These two are in no way competitive with each other, nor are they priced the same.

ILya

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

His IIR (Insult to Information Ratio) is impressive. I've believe he's currently running it at 11.374

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

His IIR (Insult to Information Ratio) is impressive. I've believe he's currently running it at 11.374

While the Big Stick to bull schitt ratio always pegs 100%

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pardon wares that exist ladies,as you Pretend aloud. Hint.

NOTHING is fhuqking funnier than a Professional Victim and her Imaginary Pretend Ignore,extolling her very WELL founded Insecurities,ala Hurt Feeler Reports. Hint.

Though I don't have that many EP5's compared to their other offerings,I've yet to have an issue. I muchly prefer '16x. Hint.

Just sayin'...............

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I don't know anything about the Tract scope in question, but do know a tiny bit about NRL 22 after shooting a couple of matches. The reticle on the tract scope looks usable, I found it useful to dial one range and hold for the other distances on the reticle while on the clock on several stages.

I will say I used a cheap scope to stay in base class, and beat a couple of open shooters with Nightforce and Vortex scopes that cost more than my entire setup. As long as it tracks, you don't need alpha glass to compete. But that's the challenge in finding a scope.

TANSTAAFL
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 68 invisible), 2,302 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,819
Posts18,477,741
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.