Hop To
Page 31 of 31 1 2 29 30 31
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Mebbe this has been mentioned already but,,,,What's all the buzz now (wife reading it to me off of several social media sites) about the use of military drones at the protest site to record and ID individuals present for possible future punitive action?

You didn't really think that the devil was ready to give up, did you?

Nope...they won't quit. He may have won the battle but he sure as hell didn't win the war. There's no way he can.

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Explain the sides in this case. Explain to me how this freeloading welfare whore rancher is in the right.

I'm willing to learn, but I just don't see it.

Hating the federal gov't(which I do), isn't an answer.
The grazing rights belonged to Bundy via inheritance going back a century and a half (they claimed the water, forage, and grazing rights according to the law at the time). The fees were a later devolution in US law that eventually came to be used to drive off cattle ranchers to make room for corrupt politicians to make a butt load of money leasing it to the Chinese. Bundy was the last hold out. They were trying to make it impossible for him to continue ranching there.

That pretty well sums it up but you're wrong on at least one point...what you refer to as a "politicians making a butt load of money" is BS...it's nothing more than "chump change"

maybe this will help you figure it out . but then probably not as the link is from another case thats much the same but concerning a diffrent ranch .

http://www.americasfreedomfighters....perty-owners-fight-government-land-grab/

Last edited by captchee; 04/13/14.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Explain the sides in this case. Explain to me how this freeloading welfare whore rancher is in the right.

Trying to explain the public land system to someone that has spent their entire life East of... say a line just east of the Texas/NM state lines, and making them comprehend enough of it to grasp the situation, is like trying to jack off a bobcat with a handful of grass burrs... laugh

It can be done, but it ain't much fun.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Well, I'm keeping my mind open.

Wouldn't be the first time I been clueless. grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have dealt with the BLM. They are a PIA. It doesn't matter if they are wrong. Either you do as they say or you will be fined. Not a good deal.

Jim

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Trying to explain the public land system to someone that has spent their entire life East of... say a line just east of the Texas/NM state lines, and making them comprehend enough of it to grasp the situation, is like trying to jack off a bobcat with a handful of grass burrs... laugh

It can be done, but it ain't much fun.

my belief also, but have to remember that bobcat remark

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Some guy in Bumphuck, Nevada is letting his cows eat some grass,..and the chit fer brains start hollerin' about,..

"Somethin's got to be done!!"

"SAAAAAAAAVE the turtles!"

,...gimme a fuggin' break.

hey, that bumphuck, nevada is a pretty good place, you are within minutes of three different states, loads of forest and critters, and not too many humans, can you say paradise? Come to think of it, better to refer to it as Bumphuck.
i spent a pretty good afternoon a few years ago in the suburbs of Bumphuck, on the strip, with some southern utes. We had something in common, they thought their ancestors should have fought harder.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 04/14/14.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
laugh

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just amazing ! Whack job websites are quoted as factual. People are saying this is a plot to limit gun rights. blah, blah, blah.

How many of you commenting actually lease grazing rights from the BLM or Forest Service ? Any ? IF you pay your fees and obey the soil/water/forest conservation rules have you been attacked by "jackbooted thugs" ?

The rancher is claiming that because his Mormon forebearers "settled the land", not under the homestead act, just on their own, he has rights to use it. I imagine there are a lot of folks in Mexico who received Spanish land grants would like to have their land back too.

There is in Nevada as well as every state and territory a system of laws that governmental agencies are obligated to enforce. Certainly there are abuses by government agencies (see IRS, NSA, Fast and Furious) but there are also remedies within the law. Who would have thought 25 years ago that the NRA's attorneys would have made concealed carry pretty much the law of the land ? Who would have thought that the Jim Crow South would be transformed into the integrated economic engine it has become.

This is not the "hill to die on" because one jackass does not want to do what 1000s of other ranchers do ..... pay for grazing rights.

Sending out armed agents, killing cattle, and so on was stupid.
Bands of wanna be freedom fighters showing up was also stupid.

As with WACO, the feds had ample opportunity to arrest this guy over the years and handle the whole matter in the court system. They screwed up. (none of us ever have ...right ?)

This is not Lexington or Concord. Those who say it is are fools. Those who promote an armed response are complete idiots.

Until otherwise proven in a court of law, he is a criminal. If you would be attorneys out there can cite legal precedent for an individual to just take over public land for his own use and profit, please share it with us all.

Life is not a series of plots and counter plots. It is random events that on occasion collide with unforseen outcomes. (Like FDR cutting off the Jap oil).

"It a'int over till it's over."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Larry?

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Pay the Tea tax or else?

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by spanishhombre
Just amazing ! Whack job websites are quoted as factual. People are saying this is a plot to limit gun rights. blah, blah, blah.

How many of you commenting actually lease grazing rights from the BLM or Forest Service ? Any ? IF you pay your fees and obey the soil/water/forest conservation rules have you been attacked by "jackbooted thugs" ?

The rancher is claiming that because his Mormon forebearers "settled the land", not under the homestead act, just on their own, he has rights to use it. I imagine there are a lot of folks in Mexico who received Spanish land grants would like to have their land back too.

There is in Nevada as well as every state and territory a system of laws that governmental agencies are obligated to enforce. Certainly there are abuses by government agencies (see IRS, NSA, Fast and Furious) but there are also remedies within the law. Who would have thought 25 years ago that the NRA's attorneys would have made concealed carry pretty much the law of the land ? Who would have thought that the Jim Crow South would be transformed into the integrated economic engine it has become.

This is not the "hill to die on" because one jackass does not want to do what 1000s of other ranchers do ..... pay for grazing rights.

Sending out armed agents, killing cattle, and so on was stupid.
Bands of wanna be freedom fighters showing up was also stupid.

As with WACO, the feds had ample opportunity to arrest this guy over the years and handle the whole matter in the court system. They screwed up. (none of us ever have ...right ?)

This is not Lexington or Concord. Those who say it is are fools. Those who promote an armed response are complete idiots.

Until otherwise proven in a court of law, he is a criminal. If you would be attorneys out there can cite legal precedent for an individual to just take over public land for his own use and profit, please share it with us all.

Life is not a series of plots and counter plots. It is random events that on occasion collide with unforseen outcomes. (Like FDR cutting off the Jap oil).

"It a'int over till it's over."

+1. Been out of the US for a bit and just getting caught up. So you don't pay your taxes for 20 years, and illegally graze, and because you don't pay your taxes and lose all your law suits, militias come to your aid.......

Interesting.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks, nice to see that we all are not looking for monsters in the closet.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Larry?

Yes, "spanishhombre" is non-other than the limp wristed gender confused geriatric TROLL Larry Root. crazy

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Probably better take a few more days catching up. So no one calls ya an azz hole. As it it quite obvious you aint up to speed yet. laugh whistle

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Larry?

Yes, "spanishhombre" is non-other than the limp wristed gender confused geriatric TROLL Larry Root. crazy

Good Grief !

No end to his chit, is there ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Larry?

Good Grief !

No end to his chit, is there ?

GTC

In all probability, not until he takes that long overdue and much deserved dirt nap. Until that blessed day, he'll continue to infest various Internet Forums.

Rather sad and pathetic that upon that day, his legacy and name he made for himself will be one of disdain, abhorrence, and TROLL.

Yes indeed, Larry will be a pariah till his last breath...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If heads had rolled in the BATF over Waco, going all the way up to Janet Reno, then it might be a different story.

The problem is our government is too ready to have another Waco because they know there are no repercussions for aggressively going after "law breakers".

Waco is a rallying cry - it was instrumental in the creation of some of these militias - and Americans are determined that as long as the memory of Waco is still fresh, it will never happen again - or at least will not happen without equal parts bloodshed on both sides.

babies burned up in a house that day just because the BATF wanted a dog and pony show on the news to justify their budget.

if that doesn't cause any American to have a slow burn of hate for these kind of agencies that believe law enforcement begins with them gearing up in a tactical uniform then you have no passion.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Page 31 of 31 1 2 29 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 72 invisible), 2,621 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,476
Posts18,471,571
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.