Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kent

how about all the chaining? who was doing that?

I haven't read the book you reference, but I believe the feds paid for a lot of infrastructure.

a lot of this real desert country didn't get real infrastructure until plastic pipe was invented.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

Had some brain dead Lady from Bisbee ( Haight Ashbury East) trying to chew on me about this subject (Wild Horses / Wolves / Jaguar )... These people are misinformed, Yes.

Those kinds of people don't givva a rats ass about wolves, wild horses,..or much of anything else,...except demonstrating their self perceived superiority to you by endlessly spewing their liberal mindset.

,..a liberal mindset that has been spoon fed to them by idiots.

They haven't had an original fuggin' thought in their lives,...yet they believe the crap that they're been indoctrinated with makes them "above" those who have formed their opinions through common sense.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Anyway, the conditions heat and creosote are the same around here. Right now it's harsh and I know the guy that has the state trust land lease 15 mins from here, he's a avid hunter that's how we met.

In probably a 10 x 5 mile area there's 10+ dirt tanks. It's so harsh because of no rain, I see they just hold the cattle on the range for water and have to feed from haystacks.

No matter what, those tanks have to be functional and he's the one that keeps them that way.

Kent

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Kent

how about all the chaining? who was doing that?

I haven't read the book you reference, but I believe the feds paid for a lot of infrastructure.

a lot of this real desert country didn't get real infrastructure until plastic pipe was invented.

Sycamore

Open range stopped in 1936. Fencing... rotation was the first step in range betterment. Dirt tanks and road development... nothing cheap about any of it. Paid for by the ranchers over generations and much of the issue of Bundy's refusal to be moved off.

Kent

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Only chaining I personally know about was on BLM land by the rancher with some cats. Probably had a permit, it'd be hard to miss by BLM. Maybe the funds were from the returned 50%.

FS used to be an agency that produced a profit through logging and grazing. Once we lost logging and grazing has been diminished, the forests 20 years later are burning up in 500,000 acre clumps every few years and many of the water sources that held wildlife to the land are abandoned with the wildlife gone. Taxpayers now fund the bloated agency with use fees for preexisting faculties on the rise.

BLM is moving ranchers out either completely or by reducing numbers to unprofitable. It doesn't have to produce it's budget anymore, it just goes to the taxpayer.

Once the rancher is moved off, any maintenance will be on the taxpayer, as no/few fees will be collected... basically there will be no maintenance and the ground will go feral, the wildlife will suffer and roads will be closed.

An environmentalists dream.

enjoy.

Kent

IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
We know that today as liberalism.
============

Honesty and facts should have no histrionic labels other than being honesty and facts.

This liberal labeling over disagreements is for school kids.

It's a reflection upon you when you go there, not upon the one who disagrees.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I think he said it right .Its been in the family for over a 100 years no big deal

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4100fps
Bundy's lie about ancestral grazing rights.

Looks like some good reportings been overlooked.

"It turns out that Fox News hero Cliven Bundy is not just a lawbreaking moocher � he�s also a big, fat liar"

That sounds like some reputable reporting right there. No need for me to go further.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by isaac
We know that today as liberalism.
============

Honesty and facts should have no histrionic labels other than being honesty and facts.

This liberal labeling over disagreements is for school kids.

It's a reflection upon you when you go there, not upon the one who disagrees.

You make it sound as if I'm cussing someone, or something... grin

I just see more black and white than grey. Left of center is liberal, and right of center is conservative. I'm a "conservative" and don't care if anyone calls me that. It's what I am.

On the other hand, give the groups of liberals I have stood and fought on both legislative and political levels, as well as administrative levels with game laws, wolf introduction, proposed national monuments that take millions of acres, and persecution of hunter privileges and ranching in the West... I can not only spot a liberal 3 city blocks away, but I can tell them by what they drive, how they dress, how they LIE and twist the truth, (Which is what you referenced.), but I can smell them as well.

Do conservatives lie? You betcha they do. But liberals have patents and copyrights on lying for their evil causes and consequences.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

658 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 1badf350, 007FJ, 1936M71, 64 invisible), 3,169 guests, and 1,347 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,372
Posts18,469,290
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.