Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by Ringman
a vast nothing...that was so much nothing that it was unstable

No matter how much you want nothing to be something, nothing is nothing. Nothing does not exist so nothing can be stable or unstable.

With the dominos illustration you are neglecting the hours spent by a much greater intelligence setting them up to accomplish a preplanned organized desired effect.

Your faith is admirable, but misplaced in hoping nothing can do anything.

In this post you are not starting with nothing. You are starting with unintelligent space; which Einstien and others have said is a fabric. On the otherhand Creationists start by accepting the basic premise of science: Cause and effect. The Creator, possessing all energy and intelligence, called space and time into being by His Power.

However as you mentioned, in the end, the total effect must be zero.

That was something you suggested. I don't believe the total effect must be zero.

Who caused the creator?

God is eternal. He always was, He is and will always be. Yep that is hard for me to comprehend.

TF

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Ringman
What made God?

This question is like asking to whom is the bachelor married? Or who was that dead man speaking to? It makes no sense. God is Infinite! He didn't make Himself. He Is.

We are so complex we require a creator, but the most complex being ever, does not?

That is what makes no sense.

Nope, makes perfect sense. God is God and He is eternal. Just because you and I can't fully understand it does not make it false.

If one cannot undertand someting, does that make it false or non-existent? Certainly not.

TF

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
It is interesting that this question even matters. Choose your side and get on with it... Why what others think should really matter not. Again, why there is not a "Religion" place for those that care here boggles my mind. I have never sat around the campfire discussing religion and my best hunting mate is a devout, hard core "Christian".

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (007FJ, 160user, 1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 2,569 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,476
Posts18,471,546
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.