Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Gremlin1104
and special exemptions for infrequent school-sponsored fundraisers (other than fundraising through vending machines, school stores, snack bars, a la carte sales and any other exclusions determined by the Secretary).

Not sure if that changed recently, but they just wiped out most of the fundraisers in our schools because of this crap.

Stush
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by kaboku68
I don't post much. However, Today I learned as a teacher who has tried to help kids my entire career, the newest federal rule bans anything kind of food that is not approved as being a healthy choice.

Michelle Obama has steered an executive action as part of the money that goes for school lunches to prohibit bake sales, classroom celebrations, vending machines and even teachers giving students staples like raimen noodles when their parents don't feed them. Schools that are found to violate this lose their school lunch program. So I can get written up professionally for providing my poor students or student to might have a temporary emergency some food because it is not part of their USDA nutrition program.

I hope every teacher in the country joins me and votes the Democreeps out.

Sincerely,
Thomas

Especially in your area... given on my own FREE time, and of my own will, and after that... PROVE I gave you anything...

Sometimes they call em mustangs....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You're saying the Baked goods and popcorn sales have been totally eliminated?

No more Popcorn at Basketball games?

Those fundraisers raise the income to pay our Referees.

Is this actually true?

When will it go in to effect?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
with all due respect, school is for learning, not eating. school breakfasts, pop and candy machines, give me a break. when i went to school we weren't even allowed to chew gum. we ate the slop they served us at noon and we drank the schitty water out of the water fountain. we all learned just fine and it didn't cost the taxpayers a cent. if a parent won't feed their breakfast, he'll damn sure eat that schitty lunch and love it. i know i did. my mom made me coco wheats for 12 years for breakfast and i quit eating it in about 6th grade. scarfed that soggy pizza and 16d fries every day at noon though. schools need to get out of the parenting business and back into the teaching business.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Schools that are found to violate this lose their school lunch program.

I'm not sure why this isn't a state thing without any federal interference at all.

Plain and simple, CONTROL. Give out the money you control the receiver.

Same reason some parents keep giving their kids money after their grown.........

Last edited by 12344mag; 08/27/14.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

645 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 78 invisible), 2,701 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,477
Posts18,471,652
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.