-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My concern is they will ram some restriction on all firearms and age of use down our throats. Guaranteed to happen now in California, Connecticut , Maryland, New York and New jersey.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
My concern is they will ram some restriction on all firearms and age of use down our throats. Guaranteed to happen now in California, Connecticut , Maryland, New York and New jersey.
"Never let a serious crisis go to waste."

- Rahm Israel Emanuel

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by GunGeek
I would hope to never find myself in a battle armed with a Micro-UZI. They're the epitome of worthless. Cyclic rate is WAY too high, they're very difficult to control for any sort of meaningful accuracy. It's basically a machine pistol and just like all other machine pistols; worthless.

I guess with an extended shoulder stock on semi-auto it's better than nothing.

I've never fired a Uzi of any type but from the you tube videos I saw I would have to agree.

The full size Uzi especially with the solid wood stock would probably be good for close range work.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The reason the military went to a three round burst is that full auto is too hard to control, and shots after 3 or 4 are usually off target.

At best, he should have put 4 rounds in the mag just to ensure all rounds fired were down range.

Again, this is only a disaster for us if we let it be one.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by David_Walter
The reason the military went to a three round burst is that full auto is too hard to control, and shots after 3 or 4 are usually off target.

No, the reason the Army had FN install that idiotic 3-shot burst is because a bunch of non-shooting moron officers thought it was a good idea. That is the same reason we got stuck (and still are) stuck with that stupid 92F. Non-morons who knew how to run a pistol specced the 92G, or a different gun entirely.

IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by GunGeek
I would hope to never find myself in a battle armed with a Micro-UZI. They're the epitome of worthless. Cyclic rate is WAY too high, they're very difficult to control for any sort of meaningful accuracy. It's basically a machine pistol and just like all other machine pistols; worthless.

I guess with an extended shoulder stock on semi-auto it's better than nothing.

I've never fired a Uzi of any type but from the you tube videos I saw I would have to agree.

The full size Uzi especially with the solid wood stock would probably be good for close range work.

Around here, and perhaps elsewhere, we call these types of autos the 50/50ties...when asked why we say ya got a 50% chance of hitting the target and 50% chance of shooting yourself.

Now I'm not saying folks shouldn't have em' just saying that without a lot of experience the full auto recoil will take you by surprise. Not a lot to hang onto.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

No, the reason the Army had FN install that idiotic 3-shot burst is because a bunch of non-shooting moron officers thought it was a good idea. That is the same reason we got stuck (and still are) stuck with that stupid 92F. Non-morons who knew how to run a pistol specced the 92G, or a different gun entirely.

Wrong, again.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I got to say about this little political / media event which certainly seems to be gathering momentum.

......The shootee was NOT an "Instructor". He was a sideshow barker at a roadside carnival / freak show.

Calling him an instructor is just flat WRONG.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 08/30/14.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep. His job was to get money into the till, nothing more.

And yes, I see this was one of those "shoot a machine gun!" places advertised all over Vegas.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
I got to say about this little political / media event which certainly seems to be gathering momentum.

......The shootee was NOT an "Instructor". He was a sideshow barker at a roadside carnival / freak show.

Calling him an instructor is just flat WRONG.

GTC

crossfire;
Top of the morning to you sir, I trust this Labour Day weekend - spelled that way in honour of your expat status wink - finds you well.

Since I've been teaching the BC Hunter Safety course for more than two decades now, was an active certified PAL instructor and have been range officer at "shooting days" open to the public at our gun club, I've got to guess that I'm responsible for being the first time instructor for hundreds of folks now.

When I watched that video for the first time I was shaking my head and muttering at the screen crossfire - much like the recent vid of the guy whipping the horse - one knew it was a disaster in the making.

Anyway thanks for the confirmation this unfortunate fellow wasn't a trained instructor as that makes more sense, though it's a stark reminder to us who do instruct that when we're on the hot range there are no "do overs". Again much like handling horses in the mountains it strikes me.

Thanks again and all the best to you this Labour Day weekend sir. Stay safe down there in your border homelands.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
BC30cal: And best of wishes to all Canadians here, near the end of summer - start of fall.
One of the very few things I miss about living in Seattle was the large number of decent and hard working Canadian folk that came down to visit and recreate in the Puget Sound area.
Where I live now I see very few Canadians camping or visiting - they do come through here on Interstae 15 by the hundreds of thousands but they are all heading south for sunbird country or Las vegas.
Again best wishes to all Canadians - you are very good neighbors!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

At best, he should have put 4 rounds in the mag just to ensure all rounds fired were down range.

Again, this is only a disaster for us if we let it be one.

Yup, that's what they told us too. Said it was to hard to teach us dummies to fire 3-4 round bursts.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (1minute, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 117LBS, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 61 invisible), 2,398 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,162
Posts18,503,015
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.