Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Bristoe
If you want something for doing it, you need to go see Bush or Obama.

I didn't ask you to go fight a stupid war somewhere in the Middle East......

,..ain't a damn thing positive coming my way from your efforts,...and that's a fact.

You're right on the one hand about Bush and Obama. We've been on a roll lately as far as lack of good leaders from both "major parties." That's not the fault of the military, it's the fault of the electorate who put them there.

So we've had some bozos at the helm lately, and despite all that, there's no other country I'm moving to, how about you?

Despite the politicians, this is still the best place on the planet to live. A big reason for that is we have the best military. No one can attack us, or if they do, it's a suicide mission. No one can take away what we have here, even though if they could, they would.

So your last line, the part in italics is bullsh**. You're just too self-absorbed to see it.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Simple question, yes or no. And why?

Not a simple question at all.

We already have Kurdistan boots on the ground.

Give them something to fight with. And air support.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TBREW401
We will be fighting terrorism, somewhere and in some form, for a long, long time.

Don't forget what Bush said " this is our children's, children's war"

That's a very profound quote from Bush and with a slight twist you could say ...

ISIS is not only our enemy but our children's, children's enemy.

And that brings up the question of ...

If we do nothing to stop ISIS now what kind of a world do we leave to our future generations?

Forget the here and now. If you look at this from a long term perspective it just doesn't look good.

GunGeek Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Another question I would pose...Why is this OUR problem?

If ISIS is a real destabilizing threat (and thus far they're not; they're just a threat of a threat), then why doesn't the rest of the world get involved?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
It's all crap.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Another "mouse that roared" and we're supposed to be shiverin' in our boots.

Hang on to your memories; they're better than the real thing ever was - Joe Sherlock

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If ISIS is a real destabilizing threat (and thus far they're not; they're just a threat of a threat), then why doesn't the rest of the world get involved?

In the short term they're not a direct imminent threat.

Can you say the same about the long term though?

Are there lessons from history that apply?

What threat will ISIS pose in five or ten years and beyond?

I believe our allies don't want to get mixed up in a conflict with Hussein in charge. I don't trust him and neither does the rest of the world. He's an utterly incompetent CIC. FWIW, Travis helped me see the light on this issue.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I could support military actions, but not a full blown invasion. Maybe one airport converted to a base to run operations out of. Raids, not war, keep them busy over there, turn it into a killing ground for Islamists.

One airport that would draw them into our defensive posotion, and slaughter them slowly. Give the Iraqis the lazers and the phone number to the airbase. Not nation building, muzzy population control.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think this conflict is different in many ways.

1) We're not ousting a dictator and trying or need to nation build.

2) The enemy is limited in numbers. Best guesses I've heard is 10,000 to 17,000 troops. I haven't any estimates of their armor or heavy weapons but a WAG might be 1000 to 1500 pieces and they have no ability to replace them in the short term.

3) It's clearly a war that cannot be "won". ISIS will never surrender. The best that can be done is containment and stopping their advancement.

At this point in time the US could put a serious hurt on ISIS and for once make a statement against terrorism. Hussein's lead from behind, no interdiction, idle threats, retreat, and no US involvement in anything anywhere is emboldening terrorists around the world.

Hussein's policies have given terrorists a green light. They know the USA under his leadership will not interdict and that's why we're in the stink. No one is ever held accountable.

Previous policies have got us in the schit. The current policies aren't working so where do we go from here?

Do you approve of Hussein's foreign policy and want to continue with the current strategy?

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
ovomit comes up with a plan..
Your tax $ at work..

[Linked Image]

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
IC B3

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes, I support military action in Iraq and Syria against the largest, most brutal, highly funded terrorist group in the world, ISIS....which is making direct threats, and planning for attacks against our homeland and people.

Yeah, I think we need to go on the road.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
America has no strategy, but ISIS does: Biological terrorism
posted HOT AIR August 29, 2014 by Noah Rothman

...According to a report in Foreign Policy magazine on Thursday, investigators recently had an opportunity to inspect a Dell laptop allegedly linked to ISIS which was transported to Turkey from Syria.
In that laptop, which belonged to a man who studied chemistry and physics at two Tunisian universities, contained files with instructions on how to manufacture weaponized bacterial agents.

The ISIS laptop contains a 19-page document in Arabic on how to develop biological weapons and how to weaponize the bubonic plague from infected animals.

�The advantage of biological weapons is that they do not cost a lot of money, while the human casualties can be huge,� the document states.
The document includes instructions for how to test the weaponized disease safely, before it is used in a terrorist attack. �When the microbe is injected in small mice, the symptoms of the disease should start to appear within 24 hours,� the document says.

The laptop also contained propaganda files, videos of Osama bin Laden, and an Islamic fatwa sanctioning the use of weapons of mass destruction as part of a jihad campaign against the kafir, or infidels.

Experts suggest that it is no that manufacture of biological agents which poses the most acute threat, but the delivery system for such a weapon.
However, the laptop is a confirmation of what many feared � the Islamic State is amassing trained scientific professionals who are busily working on how to make that nightmare a reality.

�Use small grenades with the virus, and throw them in closed areas like metros, soccer stadiums, or entertainment centers,� the 19-page document on biological weapons advises. �Best to do it next to the air-conditioning. It also can be used during suicide operations.�

Maybe it is time to craft a strategy to combat this threat to civilization.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RAS
Yes, I support military action in Iraq and Syria against the largest, most brutal, highly funded terrorist group in the world, ISIS....which is making direct threats, and planning for attacks against our homeland and people.

Yeah, I think we need to go on the road.

+1, except that we need the clear objective & goal of completely annihilating & wiping ISIS off the face of the earth; no prisoners, no mercy & no stopping until they are all completely gone.

Need to set an example, once & for all.

But sadly, it not going to happen, not even close.

MM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

If we don't kill those savages while they are there, they will come here, easily, I might say and kill all of us they can. Pretty easy to figure out.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Simple question, yes or no. And why?

I wouldn't mind too much if we prepped the LZ with a dozen or so B83s.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TBREW401
We will be fighting terrorism, somewhere and in some form, for a long, long time. Don't forget what Bush said " this is our children's, children's war"

I'm sure that's music to the ears of Halliburton/Brown & Root/Dresser Industries.

There's a lot more money to be made in 'fighting' cancer than there is in 'defeating' it.
And there's a lot more money to be made in 'fighting' terrorism than there is in 'defeating' it.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
If someone says they are gonna come kill ya and they have the means to do so just what are you going to do about it? Are you going to be pro-active or reactive? History tells us how things like this have been successfully handled in the past. These people are not our friends and do not want to be.

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1minute, 219 Wasp, 007FJ, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 2,246 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,114
Posts18,502,322
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.