Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Almost every one except you has been commenting on how old and discouraged Obama is looking these days.
He looks like a man just going though the motions.

All his approval numbers have sunk to their lowest base level of about 40 percent.
His party members that are up for reelection this fall won't even meet and greet him at the airport.
Biden may be President in six months.

This mid-term election will be a repeat of 2010 and everyone knows it. Except you.

A Conservative Republican in the White House will be as big of a change as when Reagan beat Carter.

Everyone knows that except you.

I wonder when you will live in reality than again maybe you never have.

Here is the reality world I live in.
RCP President Obama Job Approval
Average 8/4 � 8/28� Approve 41.9% Disapprove 52.3%

There is very bad news for President Obama and the Democrats in a new poll released last night by Investor�s Business Daily.
John Merline writes:
President Obama's approval rating dropped to his lowest levels as the public hammers him on his handling of each of the major crises facing the country, according to the latest IBD/TIPP poll, released on Friday.

The survey, taken the last week of July, found that only 38% of the public approves of the job Obama is doing as president, while 53% disapprove.

That's a 10-point negative swing in just the past month.
Breaking out the internals, it becomes clear that the Border Crisis is driving this sharp decline:

This drop comes despite the fact that personal outlooks and views on the economy and direction of the country have barely budged. Nor did the public's views on Obama's handling of the economy, the budget and jobs change noticeably.

But Obama got extremely low marks in his handling of every major crisis gripping the nation at home and abroad.

Just 25% say Obama is handling the border crisis well, while 56% blame his policies for encouraging the wave of illegal crossings by children and teens.
Even among Democrats, only 46% say Obama is doing a good job, while less than a quarter (23%) of independents do.

This augurs well for the GOP and disastrously for Democrats this November:
Obama hit an all-time low in the IBD/TIPP Presidential Leadership Index, which fell 3.2 points this month to 41.5.

That's almost precisely where the leadership index stood at this point in President Bush's second term, just before Democrats swept the House and Senate in the 2006 midterm elections.

Obama does not do well on other issues, too.
Read the whole thing at Investors.com
Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog...ow_over_border_crisis.html#ixzz3BpRk7VGa

Last edited by BOWSINGER; 08/29/14.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would agree to let Hawaii secede as long as Barry agrees to apply for Hawaiian citizenship and never set foot in the good ole USA again.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
The original post seems like some kind of fairy tail spun to get us all wound up. Hawai'i is my second home and this kind of thing would be big news there - if it were true.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Here is the reality world I live in.

By CARRIE BUDOFF BROWN and JENNIFER EPSTEIN | 8/29/14

In an election that Republicans want to make all about President Barack Obama, the White House is determined to make him all but disappear in the battleground states that matter.
The White House is putting the finishing touches on a post-Labor Day schedule that will send the president to states where he�s still popular, such as: Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Illinois and California, Obama officials and Democratic operatives said this week.

But in the red states that will determine control of the Senate, Obama will remain scarce. That means no personal campaign visits to states like Arkansas, Alaska, Louisiana and North Carolina. He may do some targeted outreach through robocalls, digital ads and conference calls, but the campaign plan is clear: Stay away from candidates he�s already hurting.

Obama�s no-fly zone for certain Senate campaigns reflects the deep concern among Democrats about his drag on the national ticket. Obama can�t seem to get his poll numbers out of the low 40s, he�s struggled through an endless stream of foreign policy crises, and he�s the last person that many candidates want to be forced to defend on the campaign trail.

Six years ago, Obama�s massive campaign organization helped to sweep several Senate Democrats, now the most endangered, into office with his appeal to unite political factions.
Now, he�s an attack line.

Across the country, from Alaska and Colorado, to Louisiana and North Carolina, Republicans are citing how often the Democratic incumbent sided with the White House on votes in Congress. It�s a tactic Democrats used to great effect in 2006 when they wrestled back control of the Senate by linking every incumbent to President George W. Bush, who was even more unpopular than Obama.

�He�s going to be an anchor on each one of these Democrats all the way through,� said Guy Harrison, a media consultant for the Republican Senate nominees in Arkansas, Colorado and North Carolina. �They�re trying to grasp every life preserver they can, but the anchor of Obama is still going to pull them down.�

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/08/2014-elections-obama-campaign-110452.html#ixzz3BvALGvJs

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd be more than happy to secede.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Putin wants his Alaska back.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Hey Canada will trade you Hawaii for Saskatchewan

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
HI is probably like the Indian reservations. They want their own government but still want free roads, schools, military protection, etc. from the feds.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, I would trade Hawaii for the Yukon, BC , Alberta, and Sakatchewan, I lived in Hawaii for a time, to be frank, I would keep Pearl Harbor, so that means the Big Island- let them have the rest - cut them all off from Uncle Sugar!

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
If allowed, what will they do when Putin, China, ISIS or any other of the hundreds of renegades shows up on their shore to take over?
They'll be crying "come save us".

IC B3

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Pearl will always be US Property

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (12344mag, 16penny, 007FJ, 02bfishn, 1minute, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,488 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,437
Posts18,470,834
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.