-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Clark Family Experience opened for Reba McEntire. When they started playing everyone thought it was a spoof and laughed. It wasnt it sucked. Walked out on Lee Roy Parnel

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Ha Ha. The worst was the band my son is in now at their first show. There were more family than fans in the audience. They sucked out loud and I told him so. I told my wife I would not be going to any more of his shows. They have really evolved and are now getting good radio play on Sirius' Octane channel.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Journey two yrs ago with their new foreign singer.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
A KISS cover band.

Was out with my girl and her friends I couldn't care less about ( no outdoors people)

Gene lookalike spit fire up to the suspended ceiling and hit full blast and rippled out 4 foot on either side of him along the ceiling.

I stood up, and headed for the door. It was less then Ten minutes in. She caught me on the stairs and asked me what I was doing. I said Im leavin before all you stupid fuggers burn up in this chithole. Are you coming? Get your coat. I dont care where your friends go.

Actually I think it was a midget Kiss coverband. I don't know, those years with that one were.....interesting.

Still. Fire. Suspending ceiling. No.

Last edited by WillARights; 10/18/14.

Trump HAD the World, ", Trump saw our children, "
Trump saw a way to make a brighter day so he started giving
There was a choice he was making, he was saving our own lives
Its true he made a brighter day for you and me. --Trump WINS 2016
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slg888
Journey two yrs ago with their new foreign singer.

That surprises me. I've seen them twice with Arnel and they were stellar both times. The one time that I was let down at a Journey concert was when Jeff Scott Soto filled in for them before Steve Augeri made his official exit from the band and before Arnel joined. Jeff was not a good fit we weren't informed Steve Augeri wouldn't be there until we got inside the arena. Deen Castronovo (drummer) sang several songs that night and he was amazing. He sounded more like Steve Perry than Perry does these days.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Lslite
The Rolling Stones at the Houston Astrodome.

You couldn't pay me to go see the Stones! Never understood why everyone thinks they are such a great band. Personally can't stand that ugly fugger Mick Jagger!

And that SuperBowl Half Time show they did several years ago really sucked!

10-4 on that.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
I mentioned BOA as one of my faves and that was Black Oak Arkansas, with ole Jim Dandy as the lead vocalist

I'm not at the end of the earth here in da Banks, but you can see it from my porch.

when some of the bands of former renown come here I've often remarked "wow I had no idea they'd fallen on such hard times"

but we get some decent gigs too, should have included Creed and opening act Theory of a Deadman as a fave as my wife and boys were with me and both bands gave a great show, but I still think TOAD stole the show

but BOA was worst too, they played at a bar we used to have here called the Sunset Strip.

Jim Dandy used to wear yellow tights and no shirt back in the day when he was 20 something, well he still was wearing the same getup 20 some odd years later, except with a giant beer gut hanging over those tights! It was pathetic and so was the music, they sucked.

guess the moral of the story is: hard to act like you did when you were 20 and it still seem cool some 20-25 years later

Your post is really funny to me, because MY worst was also BOA, for all the same reasons.

I saw them when he was still young, and he wasn't so Dandy the 2nd time around at a little bar in Atlantic Beach NC

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Walked out halfway through a Night Ranger concert at Park West in Utah in about 1986. They SUCKED!

That Night Ranger tour was my very first concert I ever attended. You're right. They did SUCK!

I saw them in Portland OR at the Schnitzer hall. Black 'n' Blue opened. I thought it was about 83-84 but that's kinda vague now.

Originally Posted by bucktales
Bad acoustics,too loud and distorted. Large venue sound system in a medium size venue.

Precisely my assessment of the Night Ranger show. The venue was nowhere near big enough for the wattage, it sounded like the air was literally tearing 'cause the volume was so high.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by okok
ZZ TOP "Legs tour" played a little over an hour with no encore...crowd was booing (Tacoma Dome)

Same here, though I've seen them a bunch 'cause they're a local band. They sucked then.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Reba, the opening concert for the Crown Coliseum in Fayetteville NC - probably 15 years ago. The acoustics were so badly balanced I couldn't understand a word that was blaring, or even recognize her songs. I left and hung out with the security guard while my wife and kids stayed inside. The truth is I hate concerts - too damn many people, too damn close, and too damn loud. I'd rather buy a CD and listen to it in the car.

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by antlers
Wendy O. Williams and the Plasmatics at the Lloyd Noble Center in Norman, Oklahoma about 1983. She cut a car in two with a chainsaw. They opened up for KISS. KISS was alright then.

Yeah, the Plasmatics was by far the worst "concert" I ever witnessed.

abusus non tollit usum
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Snyper
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
I mentioned BOA as one of my faves and that was Black Oak Arkansas, with ole Jim Dandy as the lead vocalist

I'm not at the end of the earth here in da Banks, but you can see it from my porch.

when some of the bands of former renown come here I've often remarked "wow I had no idea they'd fallen on such hard times"

but we get some decent gigs too, should have included Creed and opening act Theory of a Deadman as a fave as my wife and boys were with me and both bands gave a great show, but I still think TOAD stole the show

but BOA was worst too, they played at a bar we used to have here called the Sunset Strip.

Jim Dandy used to wear yellow tights and no shirt back in the day when he was 20 something, well he still was wearing the same getup 20 some odd years later, except with a giant beer gut hanging over those tights! It was pathetic and so was the music, they sucked.

guess the moral of the story is: hard to act like you did when you were 20 and it still seem cool some 20-25 years later

Your post is really funny to me, because MY worst was also BOA, for all the same reasons.

I saw them when he was still young, and he wasn't so Dandy the 2nd time around at a little bar in Atlantic Beach NC

I saw them at a bar in Radford,Va Sackets, it was a fairly sad show.

FJB & FJT
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (35, 308ld, 14idaho, 3dtestify, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 12 invisible), 1,860 guests, and 817 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,728
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.