-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Point a real or real looking gun at a cop (or a citizen with a CCW), and you DAMNED well ought to expect to get shot.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Why not? The definition of homicide is a human death caused by another human

Yeah but he was black.

I understand what you're saying. But what i'm getting at is "homicide" is a clinical term. T
The old saying is all murders are homicides, but not all homicides are murders.

The media, IMO uses the terms interchanabky to generate ratings and rile people up

The simple fact is the ME is going to list any death caused by another himan as a homicide

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I understand what you're saying. But what i'm getting at is "homicide" is a clinical term.

The media, IMO uses the terms interchangeably to generate ratings and rile people up

The simple fact is the ME is going to list any death caused by another human as a homicide.

Bingo.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
That kid needed to be shot! The "parents" are to blame for the kids death.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Yeah but he was black.

I understand what you're saying. But what i'm getting at is "homicide" is a clinical term. T

The media, IMO uses the terms interchanabky to generate ratings and rile people up

The simple fact is the ME is going to list any death caused by another himan as a homicide

Absolutely the legal definition (blacks law) of homicide is the death of a person caused by another person. (Paraphrased).

Pretty simple and does not define intent. It is the only way that the ME could rule the death. That some are surprised by this is disturbing. And that some think this is a condemnation of the officer is stupidity on another level.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
The 911 operator needs to be charged with accessory to the murder. She was responsible for spooling up the two cops with a misleading radio call which failed to present eyewitness testimony that the kids "gun" was probably "fake" (a toy.)

That's silly
What difference does it make if someone said "probably fake" when it could just have easily been real

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Foxbat
Originally Posted by rem141r
the friggen driver is most culpable. why the hell would he pull right in on the kid? the passenger had almost zero time to process the situation.

Yep, Barney Fife and Roscoe P. Coltrane together at last. If it was a real thug with a real gun, he could have gotten his partner's head blown off.

This sure contributed to the FUBAR.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

I'm not a lawyer, but that's my understanding. It can be justifiable (certainly warranted in this case - point a real-looking gun at a cop and there ARE consequences) or non-justifiable (if the cop acted in an unwarranted fashion, which I doubt). I just hope common sense prevails.

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Police in San Leandro, California, announced they confiscated two AK-pattern rifles during a drug raid that were built with orange-tipped muzzles to make them look like toy or airsoft rifles.

What kind of [bleep] would want an orange gun anyway?
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yeah but he was black.

Absolutely the legal definition (blacks law) of homicide is the death of a person caused by another person. (Paraphrased).

Pretty simple and does not define intent. It is the only way that the ME could rule the death. That some are surprised by this is disturbing. And that some think this is a condemnation of the officer is stupidity on another level.

Heavy, you are really starting to step into it with your comments. Not hardly worth the time to respond, but thought I was give you my opinion based on your faulty logic.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Snyper
The 911 operator needs to be charged with accessory to the murder. She was responsible for spooling up the two cops with a misleading radio call which failed to present eyewitness testimony that the kids "gun" was probably "fake" (a toy.)

That's silly
What difference does it make if someone said "probably fake" when it could just have easily been real

She just needed to tell the officers "exactly" what the eye witness had said to her, then perhaps Barney and Coltrane would not have been so hyperventilated as they roared up to the gazebo and jumped out guns a blazing, killing a young 12-year old boy with a toy gun.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Snyper

That's silly

i would put this in the "providing all info available" category. it should have been relayed to the officers and they would have had much more time to process that info than the 2 seconds they had after they rolled up on the kid. 911 op was not saying it WAS a fake gun, only that the caller said it might be. pretty damned important info to relay IMO.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the friggen driver is most culpable. why the hell would he pull right in on the kid? the passenger had almost zero time to process the situation.

Here's what I think might have happened.

First, it's not customary or SOP to pull up next to a suspect. If you look at the video you can see the patrol car driving on the grass and I don't think the cops knew where the "suspect" was when the driver pulled into the park. When he drove by the gazebo the cop on the passenger side saw a suspect and yelled "Stop".

I heard a LE supervisor say the cop told the kid three times to "Show me your hands". Maybe the kid only heard the "show me" and lifted up his shirt to show the cop his gun.

I'm not saying this is what happened but it is a plausible explanation for what might have occurred.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
perhaps. i would say that the shooter did not have the time to say it 3 times though. unless he was one of those guys who list all the side effects of a medication immediately before the commercial.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
perhaps. i would say that the shooter did not have the time to say it 3 times though. unless he was one of those guys who list all the side effects of a medication immediately before the commercial.

That's possible too. Maybe the cop only said "Show me your hands" once, it wasn't clear to the kid, and therefore the fatal misunderstanding.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wallypip
Police in San Leandro, California, announced they confiscated two AK-pattern rifles during a drug raid that were built with orange-tipped muzzles to make them look like toy or airsoft rifles.

What kind of [bleep] would want an orange gun anyway?
[Linked Image]

I dunno, you tell me.... grin

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i'm diggin' it vic. in a "i don't want to" kind of way.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
She just needed to tell the officers "exactly" what the eye witness had said to her, then perhaps Barney and Coltrane would not have been so hyperventilated as they roared up to the gazebo and jumped out guns a blazing, killing a young 12-year old boy with a toy gun.

"Exactly" what he said was he DIDNT KNOW if it was a real gun.

They also didn't know it was a "12 year old"
He was big enough to be an adult, so don't play the "poor little child" BS.

They were also told he was "on a swingset" so they had no reason to think that was him in the gazebo:
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/tamir-rice-shooting-cleveland-police-under-investigation-n254716

A man who called 911 told dispatchers the boy was on a swing set and pointing a pistol that was "probably fake"

12 year olds can kill you as quickly as anyone

Last edited by Snyper; 12/13/14.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fish head

That's possible too. Maybe the cop only said "Show me your hands" once, it wasn't clear to the kid, and therefore the fatal misunderstanding.

Makes no difference to the LEO defenders in this thread. Notice how many of 'em say something like;" If you point a gun at a cop...." when it is OBVIOUS that this kid wasn't pointing a gun at them.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Makes no difference to the LEO defenders in this thread. Notice how many of 'em say something like;" If you point a gun at a cop...." when it is OBVIOUS that this kid wasn't pointing a gun at them.

No one in their right mind is going to wait until someone points the gun at them IF they think it's a real gun.

There was no REAL reason to think it wasn't

I'm not "defending the LEO"
I'm just going by the facts

I'd have shot "the kid" as some like to call him

At 200 lbs he's bigger than I am

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

632 members (10ring1, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 61 invisible), 3,115 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,486
Posts18,471,881
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.