Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Now if they would get rid of that not funny yuppie dik on the american Top Gear Tanner. The other two are great but Tanner is not a good tv personality.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
he was an anti American ass. Fugg 'em.

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
All good things must come to an end, and I expect this will be it for the show..It may carry on, but I suspect it will simply fade away if it does..

Maybe we are witnessing the passing of an era.

Really, if they hired a new crew, would it be all male? And if they did hire a woman, wouldn't she some sort of gender-neutral figure?

Likewise the jokes would be carefully monitored for PC.

And you are right, the show would crash and go away.

JMHO,
Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
" RUSSIA’S Zvezda television, a channel run by the defence ministry, unexpectedly revealed on Thursday that it has offered a job to disgraced British Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson after he was dropped by the BBC for assaulting his producer.
The state-owned channel, which promotes the armed forces but also airs general entertainment shows, published a letter to Clarkson on its website, asking him to host a new motoring show and inviting him to visit Moscow to discuss the offer."

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...from-russia/story-fn8yvfst-1227280340989

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I doubt its the end of the show, its just the end of the show on BBC

Its the most watched television program in the world and generates about $70m a year in revenue.

There will be no shortage of networks lining up to offer them a chance to recreate it - including Murdoch

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I liked him and the show.

You can bet his digs at the US are just all a part of British humor. You need thick skin to hang in any verbal battle over there. Boarding school separates those with a quick wit and a sharp tongue from the shrinking violets. You have to be able to give it and take it. If you can, then you win some begrudging respect. If you can't, then you're just another putz.

Clarkston ego was starting to override his usefulness. Take the Argentina thing. I will tell you they are great people down there, but have NO sense of humor over the Fauklands War and he just had to get his subtle dig at them.

Clarkston was probably getting tired of the gig and was getting too big for his britches.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He is FAR from being anti-American, in fact he is very much pro. He did have the standard British arrogant carryover from their glory days of empire, but he was definitively not anti-American and if anything right of center..for a limey anyway!

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Stig is remaining silent on this whole Clarkson controversy...

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
I read Clarkson once punched out Piers Morgan.

I'd buy him a beer, given the chance smile

If I could afford it, Id'a given him a Ferrari...

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I think you nailed it, Pete. Clarkson simply mouldered from witty to boorish. He was also a mean prankster to his co-hosts, and I view pranksters as low-grade bullies.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That show aired in over 200 countries. The stars will be back under a different name very soon.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Clarkson's non Top Gear shows on the Victoria Cross and The Greatest Raid were great also.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1234, 16penny, 12344mag, 16gage, 57 invisible), 2,593 guests, and 1,349 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,461
Posts18,471,311
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.