Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
I attended the Hunters Round Table meeting last wek at Coloraod CPW. Thier statistics showed that the number of hunters continue to decline each year. Even though they spend a lot of money on advertisements and are trying to draw new hunters,young and old into the scene,it isn't working.

I wouldn't say the end is in sight,but certainly it is going to price a lot of people out of the sport.

As an example already,look at how much it cost to do water fowl hunting before you enne bust a cap.Federal duck stamp,state stamp, small game licenes, non toxic shot at $25-$30 a box.

Also look at all the young folks glued to their computers. They don't even have a desire to get outdoors,let alone hunt.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
In the last 20 years change has been at a record breaking pace. I talk to a lot of different folks and what I seem to see is a very large number of disillusioned people.

Let me give one example of disillusion. For many years in the 100s I've visited with on the Gay Marriage issue 99 of a 100 were in complete disagreement with my assessment that it would be legal in all 50 states.

My General Phycological analysis of this is simply that folks refuse to believe what they do not want! Sometimes it is referred to as being positive! Being unrealistic is actually not a positive thing because it leads to disillusion.

Unfortunately some may be thinking what can one do if hunting is coming to an end. The Short answer is there isn't a thing anyone can do because unfortunately there is no way to get 99 out of a 100 people to see when they'll never see.

Animals will still be managed for food possible or believe it or not there may be mass disposal or waisted and it will no doubt be at the hand of our ever so brilliant Government.

Now this is where you want to pay very close attention because a large number will likely disagree. Im refering to the blind ones. Soon the United Nations will be the World Authority!

Change is coming.......hunting will be a thing of the past. Our children are the last of the hunters.

I don't like where we are headed but when your 1 in a 100 who see you stand mostly alone. And then in 15 short years you listen to folks talk about how surprised they are.

For Now!!!! Live, Hunt, Fish, and enjoy it while it lasts.

Shod

Last edited by Shodd; 08/02/15.

The 6.5 Swede, Before Gay Was Ok
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Might make sense if you knew the difference between physiological and psychological.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Shodd, I disagree because 1) you can do something, and 2) I see the same thing Dwayne sees in the Hunter's Ed. classes, we have more people and different demographics.

It has absolutely nothing to do with gay marriage. In fact, lots of the same people who support gay marriage now support hunting.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
2 whom disagree, only 97 more to go! laugh

Shod grin

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Might make sense if you knew the difference between physiological and psychological.

Thanks for the spell check.....how much do I owe you? smile

Shod

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I'd suggest attempting to disarm hunters first, before trying to stop hunting.... or it won't be pretty I suspect.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jeff;
Good afternoon/evening to you sir, it's been too long since I've said hello to you and I trust you folks are doing well.

In an article I read many years back in some currently forgotten publication, Valerius Geist made the observation that hunting has actually been one of the reasons accepted across the globe for retention of firearms by folks other than LE and Military.

Now I'm cognizant you good folks have the 2nd Amendment, but in places like deepest, darkest communist Russia the people who were allowed to retain firearms - albeit under very restrictive rules - were those who hunted.

I'm not meaning to start any sort of bladder pressure contest here with anyone either Jeff, merely relaying what I recall of an article I read at one time.

All the best to you folks this summer sir and good luck on your hunts this fall as well.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

459 members (1Longbow, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 1lesfox, 222ND, 39 invisible), 2,186 guests, and 1,141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,392
Posts18,469,896
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.