-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I remember people not wanting to vote for Newt Gingrich because of his divorces (I guess him being an ass hat wasn't good enough).

People didn't want to vote for Romney because of Romneycare

So you have to ask yourself what is the appeal of Trump for the people to look past his inconsistency, his personal life, his bankruptcies?

I think people like Rob Jordan can't see the forest for all the trees - they're focusing on one or two aspects of Trump as if he's another politician in the mix

Whether Trump is elected or not isn't going to be based on a particular stance he holds (although admittedly if he wasn't so anti-immigration I'd be luke warm about him) but how he connects to the apathetic voter who sees a Carly Fiorina, Cruz, or Carson as just another stump speech waiting for their shot to get ahead even if they don't fit the mold of a career politician.

There is a certain appeal to a man wanting to be president who doesn't need to be president, who didn't spend the last 20 years of his life selling his soul to be president and who is ready to point out the emperor has no clothes , hell, he enjoys doing it.

I know I'm not going to agree with Trump on issues but I know that whatever decision he makes, its not because he's going to be a puppet of someone who holds his purse strings.

He may end up going off the rails and losing my support - thats part of the wildcard factor he has but my point is right now, Trump is larger than issues on a stump speech.

A combination of politicians who just blatantly lie, take the voting base for granted, and who want big government have created an environment where Trump isn't a novelty, he's the alternative to the status quo.

And its obvious people are fed up with the status quo.

Last edited by KFWA; 08/22/15.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Trumpism" has more to do with attitude than ideology.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Trump has at most, 20 years to live. He has enough money that if he never made another dime, he could burn a million dollars a day in a bonfire for the rest of his life and probably not run out of money.

Anyone saying that Trump is doing this for personal gain or in some sort of pact with the Clintons, is just not thinking clearly at all.

Trump is doing this because he thinks he can do a better job. I don't know if he can or can't. But the idea of a successful citizen who is undertaking this quest, not because he hopes to gain financially, but because he actually thinks he can do better, is refreshing.

Sure, ego plays a huge part in it. It does with all politicians. But Trump's come into play largely because he is arrogant enough to think that he is smarter and better than all these other chumps.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
JoeBob,

I think that's a part of it. I think he does believe he can do a good job as POTUS, and put America back on track.

However, I also think Trump is interested in the job of President because it wins cocktail parties vs. Gates, Buffet, Ellison et al. The other billionaires might be smarter, richer, etc... but have any of them been President, meaning they're beloved by all the people (which he'll convince himself is the case)? Heck no, so they can all STFU.

Nothing could vindicate his braggadocio easier than winning the general election. It would confirm that all the stuff he thinks of himself is true, and if he doesn't win, well we're all too stupid to realize his singular awesomeness. Either way, his ego wins.

This is a well thought out business maneuver that he really cannot lose IMHO.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why does Trump want to give legal status to illegals? He has favored amnesty. Fiornia has been very clear: she does not favor a pathway to citizenship for people who have come here illegally.

Yet She is not for sending them back. If they are still here, they are a problem. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by KFWA
I remember people not wanting to vote for Newt Gingrich because of his divorces (I guess him being an ass hat wasn't good enough).

People didn't want to vote for Romney because of Romneycare

So you have to ask yourself what is the appeal of Trump for the people to look past his inconsistency, his personal life, his bankruptcies?

I think people like Rob Jordan can't see the forest for all the trees - they're focusing on one or two aspects of Trump as if he's another politician in the mix

Whether Trump is elected or not isn't going to be based on a particular stance he holds (although admittedly if he wasn't so anti-immigration I'd be luke warm about him) but how he connects to the apathetic voter who sees a Carly Fiorina, Cruz, or Carson as just another stump speech waiting for their shot to get ahead even if they don't fit the mold of a career politician.

There is a certain appeal to a man wanting to be president who doesn't need to be president, who didn't spend the last 20 years of his life selling his soul to be president and who is ready to point out the emperor has no clothes , hell, he enjoys doing it.

I know I'm not going to agree with Trump on issues but I know that whatever decision he makes, its not because he's going to be a puppet of someone who holds his purse strings.

He may end up going off the rails and losing my support - thats part of the wildcard factor he has but my point is right now, Trump is larger than issues on a stump speech.

A combination of politicians who just blatantly lie, take the voting base for granted, and who want big government have created an environment where Trump isn't a novelty, he's the alternative to the status quo.

And its obvious people are fed up with the status quo.

I also ask these questions, as Trump is also a hard-core Neocon.
So am I, but the double standard is unbelievable.
Trump wants to arm the Kurds and turn them loose on ISIS.
When Fiorina says the same thing...she is called a dumb stupid broad.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Almost every person living in a first world country and every American 65 or older has single payer health care. Most like it fine. It also happens to be far more efficient than private health insurance.

I'm better when I move.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by FlaRick
Almost every person living in a first world country and every American 65 or older has single payer health care. Most like it fine. It also happens to be far more efficient than private health insurance.

I'm over 65 and my private health insurance is in far better shape than any government program. So is my retirement.

I stay as far away from SS as they will allow me.

Last edited by BOWSINGER; 08/23/15.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Trump has at most, 20 years to live. He has enough money that if he never made another dime, he could burn a million dollars a day in a bonfire for the rest of his life and probably not run out of money.

Do you really think Trump WANTS to quit making money? I believe it is what he measures himself, and everyone else by.

Anyone saying that Trump is doing this for personal gain or in some sort of pact with the Clintons, is just not thinking clearly at all.

It is for the attention

Trump is doing this because he thinks he can do a better job.I disagree, it is about the attention I don't know if he can or can't. But the idea of a successful citizen who is undertaking this quest, not because he hopes to gain financially, but because he actually thinks he can do better, is refreshing.

Sure, ego plays a huge part in it. It does with all politicians. But Trump's come into play largely because he is arrogant enough to think that he is smarter and better than all these other chumps.
all the other chumps are just as arrogant

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FOsteology
JoeBob,

I think that's a part of it. I think he does believe he can do a good job as POTUS, and put America back on track.

However, I also think Trump is interested in the job of President because it wins cocktail parties vs. Gates, Buffet, Ellison et al. The other billionaires might be smarter, richer, etc... but have any of them been President, meaning they're beloved by all the people (which he'll convince himself is the case)? Heck no, so they can all STFU.

Nothing could vindicate his braggadocio easier than winning the general election. It would confirm that all the stuff he thinks of himself is true, and if he doesn't win, well we're all too stupid to realize his singular awesomeness. Either way, his ego wins.

This is a well thought out business maneuver that he really cannot lose IMHO.

You might be right, Trump may be the American Berlusconi.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 204guy, 1badf350, 65 invisible), 3,022 guests, and 1,336 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,196
Posts18,503,582
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.