Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
as far as ironing, thats wimmens work. shocked

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Jeans were made for an azz like Debra Winger's in "Urban Cowboy" in the late 70s. Who gives a chit what guys do with their's? Unforgettable.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Weird thread. crazy

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ringworm
You don't wash them...
Why would they get nasty?
They wear like dress pants. Hung up when not being worn and hung outside one a month or so.
1. Levi’s CEO Says Don’t Wash Your Jeans
As gross as it may sound, the CEO of Levi Strauss – aka the jean expert of experts – says you shouldn't wash your favorite pair of denim. “We try to educate the consumer…If you talk to real denim aficionados, they’ll tell you don’t wash your blue jeans, just take a sponge or toothbrush,” said Levi’s CEO Chip Bergh at Fortune’s Brainstorm Green conference. “I know it sounds totally disgusting. I know it does, but believe me, it can be done.”

Jeans have been around a long time. Longer than this trend of washing everything worn once.
I don't chit my pants or drop food on my lap and I shower so why would a pair of slacks get nasty.
These are not work pants. Those are my dungarees that remain in the mud room with my boots, hung on a hook.

why would they get nasty? cause your skin constantly puts off oils and sloughs dead skin not to mention everything else in the environment.....granted i dont wash my work pants after a single day of wearing unless something gets on them like black mud, i usually wear one pair a week washed on the weekends. but saying heat chemicals are what deteriorates denim is a no chit statement, so does the UV from you hanging them outside every month, its the same for any fabric. if you can get away with not washing denim for over a year without it getting nasty you must never sweat or not wear them all the time.

only thing unique about denim is the weave and dying process that doesnt dye the whole thread just the outside, there is nothing inherent in it to keep it cleaner than any other cotton garment. it still picks up dirt and skin oils like a cotton t-shirt and doubt your claiming not to wash your shirts regularly, the difference is it doesnt show as bad with dark denim but it is still there...only thing not washing does is slow the fading which i find odd cause part of the "neat thing' about jeans is how they fade due to the dying process.......

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Not ironed Scott, but my dress wranglers are starched and pressed at the dry cleaners.

My dress Carhartts are not starched, pressed, not ironed.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Never heard of Texas brand jeans. I wear Levis. Never ironed a pair of jeans in my life.

Quit wearing Levis years ago...cheap ass foreign made junk with only five belt loops...I now get Schaefer jeans made in Texas where they know how to make jeans right and put seven belt loops on. I'll let the homos in San Francisco keep all their imported jeans.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y'all have brought the fire to a strange and unexpected place.

I could care less what a man wears. WTF?

Now let's examine jeans that really matter...do women look better with hip hugger jeans or a little higher on the waist? Body paint?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I have big balls. Iff'n you've got big balls, you need a gusset to give the boys some room.

http://gusset.com/

- Rogue
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Scott F
To you Southern Gentlemen I have a question on proper dress. I have three new pair of Texas Jeans. While ironing a shirt this morning was struck with a thought. I know I can wear Wranglers without ironing them but is it a sin to wear Texas brand jeans without pressing them first? grin

If you are gay, I suggest you iron them; If not, wear them as they come from the dryer.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
"The Warden" keeps 1 pair of Wranglers (fairly new) pressed and hidden - to wear to "formal" occasions.
I'll go through about 5 pair a year, regularly washed, as I get them nasty enough she pre-treats before laundering.
I don't believe I'm a "pig", just very active.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I don't believe I'm a "pig", just very active.

Summertime here, you need a clean pair every day, if you are working. Shirt and jeans will be sweat soaked. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by cra1948
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Never heard of Texas brand jeans. I wear Levis. Never ironed a pair of jeans in my life.

Quit wearing Levis years ago...cheap ass foreign made junk with only five belt loops...I now get Schaefer jeans made in Texas where they know how to make jeans right and put seven belt loops on. I'll let the homos in San Francisco keep all their imported jeans.

I wasn't dissing Texas Jeans. I've just never heard of them before. Levis are one of the most counterfeited products in the world, so it's not unusual to get bad ones. The copies are shipped into the country from places like Pakistan and Mexico, then networks of runners "return" them to retail stores in exchange for a different size of the real thing. The originals are then exported to foreign markets, where they get big bucks for them.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I never thought I'd see the day when we're discussing fashion.

My wife usually does my laundry and folds them and puts them in a stack in the closet. If I do my laundry, they end up in a pile on the floor until I get around to putting them away. If they're too wrinkled, I throw'em in the dryer for 10 minutes. I'm not allowed to touch her cloths.

I keep some newer ones for goin out in, and the worn out ones for work. My schitt's dirty 5 minutes after I get here.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm a slave to fashion.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I can't even begin to think about wearing jeans again. It has to be tickling the 40's before I'll put a pair on.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

655 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 160user, 007FJ, 1minute, 1936M71, 65 invisible), 3,143 guests, and 1,350 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,263
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.