Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by bea175
The last thing I would do is let them remove my prostate, there are worst things than dying.

Care to explain the thought process?

Since he didn't respond, I will...there's absolutely no way in hell I'll allow anything to be removed if it involves having to deal with a colostomy bag...Maybe if I were younger, but going on 65, I don't think the payoff would be worth the price especially if I had to endure chemo & or radiation. I've watched too many friends & family spend their last few years in absolute misery going through the process...ymmv

GB1

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Quality of life IS a big deal, for sure.

But, not doing cancer surg can result in a horrible death.

So, until you've seen the alternative, you can't make a valid case.

DF

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Best wishes for your brother. At 40 I asked my day doc if I needed it and he said no not until 50. Now my 49 year old cousin has been diagnosed. I need a new doc...

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Pat85
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
The last thing I would do is let them remove my prostate, there are worst things than dying.

Some people would prefer death to loosing their sex life.

If I had to choose between living or getting a hard on I will choose life. I get checked every 6 months and had two biopsy because of high PSA numbers. So far no signs of cancer, just an enlarged prostate.

+1 million

Dr is a recent Grad of Wake Forest and tells me that biopsies cause more issues then they help. Only disagreement I have with him is that he relies entirely too much on the PSA test and not examining the prostrate to see how swollen it is. All the other Dr's I have had have done both tests.

Had a friend at work who developed it in his fifties, he was operated via a DaVinci machine and he said there was minimal pain and recovery.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Aviator
Just a little update, My brother had his surgery last Tuesday and is doing fine the robotic surgery went very smooth and quick the Dr expects a complete and quick healing process...the pathology results look good and they don't anticipate Radiation treatments....Thank You all again for your Prayers !

Great News

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
My Doc says the bad news is if you are male and you live long enough, you'll probably get prostate cancer. The good news is that for most of us it's slow growing enough that we'll die of something else.

My Doctor said the exact same thing. So I get the finger and PSA test annually. Last year it was 0.6 , so far so good. cool ; I pray things go okay for your brother.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Great news and more best wishes for your brother.

SCI Life Member
DAV Life Member
NRA Life Member
North American Hunt Club Life Member

Your true character shows in your conduct

You cannot solve a problem at the same level of awareness that created it - Einstein
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Great news and wishing a speedy recovery . I decided on both the PSA and " Golden Digit " Exam whether it's covered or not . The Digit/ Finger Test always makes me jump a little no matter how prepared I am . Last time I told my Urologist : " I would much rather be Fishing " . He replied " So would I " ! Reminds me of the old saying : " If you're not the lead Sled Dog , the scenery never changes " .

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

Since he didn't respond, I will...there's absolutely no way in hell I'll allow anything to be removed if it involves having to deal with a colostomy bag...Maybe if I were younger, but going on 65, I don't think the payoff would be worth the price especially if I had to endure chemo & or radiation. I've watched too many friends & family spend their last few years in absolute misery going through the process...ymmv

My grandfather got a bag at 63. Colon cancer. He never let it slow him down one bit. He and grandma drove round trip every year to winter in AZ. He hunted every year too, until his death at 92. 30 years of good livin'. Life is what you make it.

p.s. he made light of the bag...said he never had to crap in the woods like us mortals. Glass was always half full with that guy.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Glad to hear the surgery went well. I"ll pray for a speedy and healthy recovery since I missed praying for the surgery.

I was bored one night at work and was thinking about cancer and how my mother in law beat breast cancer, then passed away from the meds and after care. Then how my Father in law had prostate cancer. I was remembering seeing on the TV of a place in Baja California that treats cancer and cures it with medicine specific to you and the type and strain of cancer you have. It was pretty cool. Ofcourse the FDA doesn't allow it here in the states.
So I got to googling Cancer Baja Or something of the sort and seen a place that treats prostate cancer and the success rate is very high. I told myself if I ever get that nasty thing, Im looking to Mexico before I give up my boner.
Was thinking about that place when I was reading all the comments.

Kique

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Aviator
Just a little update, My brother had his surgery last Tuesday and is doing fine the robotic surgery went very smooth and quick the Dr expects a complete and quick healing process...the pathology results look good and they don't anticipate Radiation treatments....Thank You all again for your Prayers !

I was in this same exact spot nearly 2 years ago to the date and am doing great. The worst thing about recovery was having to wear a catheter for 10 days. After they took it out things were fantastic. Give him my best and let him know he did the right thing.
BE

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

My grandfather got a bag at 63. Colon cancer. He never let it slow him down one bit. He and grandma drove round trip every year to winter in AZ. He hunted every year too, until his death at 92. 30 years of good livin'. Life is what you make it.

p.s. he made light of the bag...said he never had to crap in the woods like us mortals. Glass was always half full with that guy.

Attitude is so important.

I heard an oncologist once say that he could walk around the unit and pick out the survivors...

Even if you have a condition with only 10% 5 year survival, you have to take the attitude that you're in the 10%, not the 90%.

A positive attitude and faith can make a lot of difference.

DF

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
This helps...

Reel Recovery

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

310 members (160user, 1lesfox, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 26 invisible), 1,899 guests, and 1,092 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,837
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.