Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Slavek
Anyone wanting to run for office of US President should have military service on their resume.
On that, I totally agree...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Tucker, I have NEVER seen a woman doing a garbage collectors job, nor have I even HEARD of female miners. Loggers?? Steel mill workers? Any females??? Are women lined up at the employment office for any of these jobs?? I think not. I doubt that they ever will as the jobs have no "glamor". They are dirty, dangerous and middle of the road in pay. No air conditioning or water coolers, no heated building in the winter, nahh, they really don't want true "equality".

There are probably lots of things you haven't seen nor heard of that are still real.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by jorgeI
To date, females in combat have been an unmitigated failure and "doomed to success"...

Jorge,

I remember reading many years ago in what I considered a credible source at the time.

The Israelis did put women into ground combat units for a period of time. The experiment was considered a failure and the practice discontinued because casualty rates increased by several hundred percent on BOTH sides of the battle.

It seems the Israeli commanders simply could not prevent the troops taking high risks when there were women to protect.

I certainly wish I could provide a source, but the information came from long before internet days.

That is EXACTLY correct, and even the Soviets told us it was a failure and they are a failure here now. There is a great book (if you can find it) called Weak Link, The Femenization of the US Military. Excellent read.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Can someone explain the who/why push to get women into front line positions and special forces.

NRA Patron Member
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Tucker, I have NEVER seen a woman doing a garbage collectors job, nor have I even HEARD of female miners. Loggers?? Steel mill workers? Any females??? Are women lined up at the employment office for any of these jobs?? I think not. I doubt that they ever will as the jobs have no "glamor". They are dirty, dangerous and middle of the road in pay. No air conditioning or water coolers, no heated building in the winter, nahh, they really don't want true "equality".

We have a female trash truck driver here.

My wife hates glamor, would rather be outside doing somtehing.. she has her own chaps, chainsaw etc... she's outside when its to hot for my tastes running or jogging etc...

She was very unhappy when they passed her over for a local camps maintenance director, she would have been outside all the time shredding, mowing, cutting limbs, and so on...

But she is a rare gem for sure. Doesn't even own a dress. I don't care for dresses either. LOL.

The whole thing in a nutshell, is I don't care what you are, if you can meet the "regs" and do your job I"m good with it.

I'd trust my wife in combat in a heartbeat, but probably couldn't find anotehr I could trust like that at all or ever likely.

But again, they are part of the country and in a time of need we should ALL step forward and be assigned what we can be good with.

That's based on your and/or your wife's time in the military?

Yes we have factored in our complete time in service into our equation.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by 375fan
Can someone explain the who/why push to get women into front line positions and special forces.

Seems to me much of it is due in part to advancement. Combat experience has some preference for advancement to leadership roles. Women in service couldn't lead in areas where combat experience was factored in. So there were far fewer positions for them to move up into.

I never have said, or believed it was a good idea to have women serving in front line combat roles. Women have pushed the issue. If that's what they want let them have it; but we should demand they be held to the same standards in order to prevent weakness. It's not happening, it never has, and it never will. I got out because of what was happening with the women getting to accuse men of ill conduct with no recourse when it was proven to be a false accusation. You were guilty until proven innocent, and the accuser got to walk.

My son is serving in S. Korea now, and under a woman Sgt who's a section leader. He says she's the best supervisor he's had. Makes a real effort to train and develop her people. The men have all been to busy coercing the women who work for them.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (160user, 1minute, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 59 invisible), 2,369 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,182
Posts18,503,266
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.