-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You're sitting on a gold mine! Most guys like this are like a broken record, muttering the same paranoid gibberish over and over again. Yours is constantly developing new content!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I work with a guy that is almost to the point that you are discussing, RWE, maybe even a little further gone.

The sad part is that he and I used to be pretty good buddies. I used to go shooting with him and even took him hunting a couple of times. He was a grounded family man who also enjoyed spending time camping and running his pontoon on any of the bodies of water here in southern AL.

Then about 6-8 months ago he started getting into prepping. The lists he would show me made my head spin. I never knew there were so many uses for powdered cheese (the stuff that comes with box macaroni). I told him he was nuts then but it didn't matter...he just went further and further.

Now he is spouting about silver oxide in the clouds and international shutdown of shipping. That part about no container ships moving goods...yeah, he read that on the internet just like everything else. Even sent me a picture showing all these green dots (the ships) stuck at port all over the world. I told him he was nuts (daily at this point)...he didn't care...he knew he was right. The part that really makes this argument stupid was the fact that he had a window seat in our office with a direct, unimpeded view of the Mobile River and its multiple ports. Ships coming, unloading, loading, and going EVERY DAY. Didn’t matter, we are in crisis mode…no goods are shipping. (never mind the fact that our company is also receiving stuff almost daily from overseas suppliers)

Then a couple of months ago he told me he was getting ready to sell his pontoon boat. I couldn’t believe it. He and his family practically lived on that thing from Spring through Fall and they had just done a major refurb on it to replace all the upholstery and carpet. Didn’t matter…he felt that a piece of land in the middle of nowhere was going to be a necessity for survival after the end of the world. Material possessions (such as boats and extra vehicles) were greedy examples of a man denying his family the proper preparation needed to set themselves up for the likeliest chance of survival in the aftermath. So the boat got sold…but instead of land, he invested everything from the sale into silver since that was going to be the only currency after society has permanently collapsed. He even had his and his wife’s 401K emptied to avoid taking the hit of the looming crash that will precede the implosion of civilization. (never really understood this one…why withdraw your cash from the market if cash will have no value in a post-apocalyptic setting?)

His wife is from WA and has been trying to get them to move up there ever since they got together (years). Two weeks ago he told me he lost the battle over moving. His wife landed a well-paid design job on the Oregon coast and is dragging the whole family up there with her. Right after that he commented on how difficult it would be adjusting to such a liberal environment…then he elaborated that he’ll be good though since none of them believe in or own guns…and after “the big change” he will be golden since he will just be able to rob anyone of their goods for he and his family’s benefits.

Can’t say that I am torn up to see him go.

RWE Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
At least you don't have to sit one office over from him and wonder if the next time you tell him he's batshit crazy that he's going to step out for a marlboro and come back in shooting.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Touché

RWE Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I understand life crisis' but its sad to see a friend take a digger like that.

On a good note, see if you can get some silver and cheese, cheap.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RWE
At least you don't have to sit one office over from him and wonder if the next time you tell him he's batshit crazy that he's going to step out for a marlboro and come back in shooting.

I had to do that once.

He was a moonbat too.

Weird dude. Kept getting weirder. It came to a head one day when the whole office was quiet with everyone working on their projects on AutoCAD and we heard this "Eeeping" sound from one of the cubicles.

I stood up, and everyone was doing the same...

Walked down the corridor, and sure enough, it was Mr. Moonbat bouncing up and down in his chair, making monkey noises. "Eeep....Eeep, Eeeep!" crazy

Myself and another supervisor went into the managing partner's office and closed the door and explained his weirdness and our concerns.

He was fired.

Three of us carried handguns for months expecting him to walk in and start shooting. We had permission & blessings from the owners.

Never heard from him again. Luckily.

Found out after he was fired that he liked to show one of the office girls his pecker in his cubicle too. eek

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
RWE Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Three of us carried handguns for months expecting him to walk in and start shooting. We had permission & blessings from the owners.

Per capita, this is a heavily armed office, moonbat notwithstanding.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

659 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1badf350, 160user, 1936M71, 1234, 64 invisible), 2,775 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,224
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.